Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #91
MEK
DIS Veteran

Pop is such a great resort! It's been awhile since I've stayed there, but I love it there all the same.

Wow - if I had only stayed a few more days I would have gotten to see the MK Christmas decorations. Bummer.

Sorry your dinner wasn't quite as magical this time. Was your dessert gluten free? Denny and I had that salad trio and it was pretty yummy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #92
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
When I last left off we were saying goodbye to Epcot
Epcot is leaving????

Quote:
We were located in the 50s and ground floor which is super close to the main building!
Score!

Quote:
We bummed around the resort for a bit
Did you have a licence?
You need one to panhandle in the Orlando area.

Quote:
We got ready and headed to the MK
Naturally. What with Epcot having left, your choices are limited.

Quote:
Nice to see the Castle without the crane!
It did take some of the magic away, didn't it?

Quote:
We headed this way for dinner
Wait, I thought you said MK... but now you're on RNR?
(Head this way; Aerosmith)

Quote:
The must have shot of construction
But of course.

Quote:
I started off with the Seasonal Salad Trio
That looks good!

Quote:
For our entrees I chose to try something new

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue - served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes
It wasn't bad but not the best thing I have ever tasted
Too bad. A princess deserves to have a wonderful meal on her birthday.

Quote:
When dessert came out I was surprised with a candle in my cream puff!
Aw, that's nice. At least you got to celebrate a little bit!

Quote:
For some reason this time wasn't nearly as good or as magical as the first time we went. We will be going back in May since dad hasn't been but we probably won't be going back for a bit. It's definitely a place everyone needs to see once but after that it sort of loses the magic.
That's too bad.

Quote:
Next up!
Ariel
Castle Lighting
Illuminations!
Can't wait! And thanks for all the pictures and the update!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu

Last edited by pkondz; 01-06-2014 at 11:29 PM.
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #93
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Just found this, going back to read...

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 AM   #94
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
We love Pop as well - great layout, great food choices, great bus service. And when you're there, you KNOW you're at WDW!

Sorry BOG was disappointing. We had dinner there over Christmas (somehow snagged an ADR the week before) and enjoyed it, but have definitely had better food elsewhere. Our server was outstanding, though, and you could tell she loved her restaurant. I think I'll stick with the counter service there, and choose other options for table service.
I agree! It is definitely one of our favorite resorts!

I think the counter service is horrible there! We went in May and the table service food was much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Pop is such a great resort! It's been awhile since I've stayed there, but I love it there all the same.

Wow - if I had only stayed a few more days I would have gotten to see the MK Christmas decorations. Bummer.

Sorry your dinner wasn't quite as magical this time. Was your dessert gluten free? Denny and I had that salad trio and it was pretty yummy!
It is our second home!

I know! That's one of the reasons we went at that time!

It was! It was a lemon cream puff. It was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Epcot is leaving????

It's not leaving we only left it!

Score!

Did you have a licence?
You need one to panhandle in the Orlando area.

We didn't get in trouble thank goodness!

Naturally. What with Epcot having left, your choices are limited.

It did take some of the magic away, didn't it?

It did!

Wait, I thought you said MK... but now you're on RNR?
(Head this way; Aerosmith)

But of course.

That looks good!

It was!

Too bad. A princess deserves to have a wonderful meal on her birthday.

It wasn't my actual birthday so I was okay with it!

Aw, that's nice. At least you got to celebrate a little bit!

That's too bad.

Can't wait! And thanks for all the pictures and the update!
I'm a little kid I still love a candle in my cake Who doesn't want to make a wish!

It was sad but oh well sometimes you have to remember you are at a restaurant and even Disney has less than magical experiences.

Thank you for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Just found this, going back to read...
Welcome!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #95
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hey Caitlin! Finally caught up on trip reports on the DIS and have time to sit down and comment!

We Pop, too! It's our favorite value and the 50's section is awesome!

Be Our Guest seems like the perfect birthday dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't as magical as the first time yall went, but glad it was still fun I need to try a snag an ADR there four September trip!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #96
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hey Caitlin! Finally caught up on trip reports on the DIS and have time to sit down and comment!

We Pop, too! It's our favorite value and the 50's section is awesome!

Be Our Guest seems like the perfect birthday dinner. I'm sorry it wasn't as magical as the first time yall went, but glad it was still fun I need to try a snag an ADR there four September trip!
Glad you found some free time!

Agreed!

It's a good place to go and check out but for some reason just didn't seem as magical as it had been.

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #97
Donald Duck888
Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say great trip report. I enjoy reading trip reports where people seem to really enjoy all Disney has to offer and you seem to truly enjoy your time there.

On another note I found it interesting that there were several gluten free choices available, even beer.

I am having the blood test done to see if I suffer from gluten sensitivity so it is nice to see that there are food and beverage choices available. Of course I will miss my Maudite's, La fin du mondes and black and tans when it comes to beers but at least I will have some options.

One question though if I may, do you have to totally eliminate gluten containing foods or can some be tolerated at times?

DIS Dad # 630
Donald Duck888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #98
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Loved seeing the Christmas decorations - some day I hope to see them.
Sorry your experience at Be Our Guest wasn't as special. I really loved it there. Just wish they would have brought us the grey stuff. We were too full to order dessert for our anniversary so they didn't do anything extra for us.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #99
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

■Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

It wasn't as good as the drunken dole whip they had for the Flower and Garden Festival

What is this you speak of? Drunken Dole Whip?? OMG! We will be there for Flower and Garden....I hope they have it again!!!

I love your photos....you have an eye for it!
Eddygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #100
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Duck888 View Post
I just wanted to say great trip report. I enjoy reading trip reports where people seem to really enjoy all Disney has to offer and you seem to truly enjoy your time there.

On another note I found it interesting that there were several gluten free choices available, even beer.

I am having the blood test done to see if I suffer from gluten sensitivity so it is nice to see that there are food and beverage choices available. Of course I will miss my Maudite's, La fin du mondes and black and tans when it comes to beers but at least I will have some options.

One question though if I may, do you have to totally eliminate gluten containing foods or can some be tolerated at times?
I'm glad you're enjoying the report! We do love Disney!

I was a porter girl and it was big change for me! You get used to it though!

I have to completely eliminate it from my diet. If I eat it my throat starts closing up or I get super sleepy very quickly depending on the amount in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Loved seeing the Christmas decorations - some day I hope to see them.
Sorry your experience at Be Our Guest wasn't as special. I really loved it there. Just wish they would have brought us the grey stuff. We were too full to order dessert for our anniversary so they didn't do anything extra for us.
Everyone needs to see them at least once!

Aw that's too bad! The grey stuff was cool to see but contains gluten so I can't eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post

■Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

It wasn't as good as the drunken dole whip they had for the Flower and Garden Festival

What is this you speak of? Drunken Dole Whip?? OMG! We will be there for Flower and Garden....I hope they have it again!!!

I love your photos....you have an eye for it!
It's pineapple dole whip with rum. I'm hoping they have it again too!

Thank you!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #101
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love this picture!! It was so gray and gloomy the whole time we were there (and crowded!) that I never got the picture I really wanted to get! Sorry BOG was a disappointment! I always hate when something loses its magic!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #102
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I've read your other TRs, but the title of this one totally drew me in before I looked underneath to see who wrote it! Can't wait to read along

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #103
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Love this picture!! It was so gray and gloomy the whole time we were there (and crowded!) that I never got the picture I really wanted to get! Sorry BOG was a disappointment! I always hate when something loses its magic!
Thank you!

I am hoping our next stop there is much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I've read your other TRs, but the title of this one totally drew me in before I looked underneath to see who wrote it! Can't wait to read along
Welcome!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #104
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

After our not as magical dinner at Be Our Guest we decided we had time to hit up a couple more rides before heading over to Epcot for Illuminations.

Our first stop was here

Everything just looks better at night in Disney!

This has quickly become one of our must dos so we have to ride this whenever we are in MK!

Grandma even joined us!

My grandma is fully aware she is the sea witch. For those of you not aware of the history behind this I would play Little Mermaid in my grandma's pool and she would be the sea witch. Ever since then it has been an on going joke in the family.

The only problem is how much I'm going to miss her..

If they actually had him say that in the ride my mom would need a box of kleenex next to her!

We said goodbye to Ariel and the Beast

We decided we also needed to say good night to Rapunzel too...(a much better way of putting bathroom break)

We headed out to say goodbye to Cinderellla and were treated to the castle lighting ceremony!

Pictures do not do it justice

It honestly should be the 8th wonder of the world

I mean look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once we could pick our jaws off the ground we headed through the gift shops to the monorail

Everything is just so festive!

Once we got to Epcot we headed to the concert area

Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #105
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

There were literally a ton of people lined up for Hanson! I have no idea why! People had on concert t shirts and as soon as they came on stage it was fan girl central!

I did the best I could with photos considering I had a Jammin Jamican in one hand a bunch of girls jumping up and down

After that was over... We only knew one song and while MMMBop was good it was really weird watching all of these girls freak out in the rain! Once it was over we hurried to our special seating for Illuminations and it did not disappoint! I had never had the chance to photograph this with a good camera before so be prepared for picture overload!

You can actually make out what's on the Earth!

I am very proud of how these turned out! I could have posted more but I decided on only the cream of the crop!

Love the colors in this one!

You can sort of see the lasers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: