Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #76
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

So jealous! I didn't see those chocolate displays. I ran into the festival center to grab passports for my hubby and I but never looked around. Ad I missed the free Godiva sample too? I love everything pumpkin.
So happy you tried the apple pie drink - that was one of my favorites at F&W.
I don't understand people who would waste time lining up for a concert There is no band I want to see that much! We saw Survivor while we were there. We showed up 20 minutes before it started and I saw a line so we went to get in it. The people told me they were waiting for the next show. I don't know why you would stand in line for s show when there are seas available . DH and I walked over to the seating area and there were loads of seats. I sat and held our seats which we very good while he went to get us drinks. It never filled completely and if I had wanted to, I could have got a lot closer to the front than I did.
Oh and the Chase lounge - we stopped in for the tickets for Illuminations and they did not have them (it was early). I asked them when they ran out and they said that they did not offer them every day and that the day we were there was one of the days that they did not offer any!

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground

Last edited by POLY1985; 12-30-2013 at 08:49 AM.
POLY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed this update. It must have been during my long work stretch.

Anyhow - for some reason we never made it into the Chase lounge, but it looks really nice. I wish I could remember why we never went up.

That apple pie drink looks really yummy. I feel like I worked so hard to get something in every country, but I still overlooked so many yummy things.

Lining up for Hanson at 11am. Hmmmm - don't think so.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #78
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
So jealous! I didn't see those chocolate displays. I ran into the festival center to grab passports for my hubby and I but never looked around. Ad I missed the free Godiva sample too? I love everything pumpkin.

The displays were very cool!

I also love everything pumpkin so I loved the chocolate!

So happy you tried the apple pie drink - that was one of my favorites at F&W.

It actually was why we went at that time I was between that time or going for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and I was like I'm sold as soon as I heard about it!

I don't understand people who would waste time lining up for a concert There is no band I want to see that much! We saw Survivor while we were there. We showed up 20 minutes before it started and I saw a line so we went to get in it. The people told me they were waiting for the next show. I don't know why you would stand in line for s show when there are seas available . DH and I walked over to the seating area and there were loads of seats. I sat and held our seats which we very good while he went to get us drinks. It never filled completely and if I had wanted to, I could have got a lot closer to the front than I did.

I didn't understand it either. Although the show we went to was pretty packed!

Oh and the Chase lounge - we stopped in for the tickets for Illuminations and they did not have them (it was early). I asked them when they ran out and they said that they did not offer them every day and that the day we were there was one of the days that they did not offer any!
Yeah the day we went they didn't offer special seating tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sorry I missed this update. It must have been during my long work stretch.

Anyhow - for some reason we never made it into the Chase lounge, but it looks really nice. I wish I could remember why we never went up.

That apple pie drink looks really yummy. I feel like I worked so hard to get something in every country, but I still overlooked so many yummy things.

Lining up for Hanson at 11am. Hmmmm - don't think so.
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]It's okay I know the holidays are a crazy time for everyone!

It was a nice place to stop and get some soda for free!

It was one of my favorite things!

I didn't know they were so popular!
[/COLOR]

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #79
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I know a lot of people are super busy during this time so I will start up my posts again on Monday. To tied you over I thought I would share the holiday video I made of my family and friends!

Caitlin's Christmas Video

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #80
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

Such a great view!

That really is a gorgeous view and a great picture!

Quote:

■Orange Dole® Whip with Crème de Cacao White

It wasn't as good as the drunken dole whip they had for the Flower and Garden Festival

Look pretty darned yummy to me!

I'm with you on the coffee. Can't get the day started without being sufficiently caffeinated. I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks because I drink my coffee black and I find theirs to be a bit strong, plus they are always confused when I order just a "large black coffee" and don't use words like venti or leche.

I also agree with you about the pumpkin. The chocolate sample sounds interesting.

The chocolate sculptures are AMAZING!!! What talented artists.

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #81
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
I hope everyone had a great holiday! I know a lot of people are super busy during this time so I will start up my posts again on Monday. To tied you over I thought I would share the holiday video I made of my family and friends!

Caitlin's Christmas Video
As much as I don't want to be tied, I did enjoy the video. Nice job.

Although I did ROFL at the dancing!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #82
jwwi
DIS Veteran

I think they used that white chocolate display at the Beach Club as part of the Christmas decor. They are all so beautiful and full of detail.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #83
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Funny, I randomly was looking for DL TRs and ran across yours. Your mom and I are FB friends either from a PP share or the October 2011 FB group. I see lots of photos of you all, fun to read the reports! Of course I had to follow the TR here now, too. We NLT have 14 days til my DD15 and I leave for DL which is why I was looking for a TR to read

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:10 PM   #84
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Oh, and this August will be our third trip to BW, we love it there too!

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #85
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That really is a gorgeous view and a great picture!

Thank you!

Look pretty darned yummy to me!

It looked good didn't taste as good! It was just a bit too sweet for me.

I'm with you on the coffee. Can't get the day started without being sufficiently caffeinated. I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks because I drink my coffee black and I find theirs to be a bit strong, plus they are always confused when I order just a "large black coffee" and don't use words like venti or leche.

I like Starbucks during the summer now. I am a huge fan of the coffee frappucino or the mocha one I had on vacation. During the winter I like Bigby or Mcdonald's.

I also agree with you about the pumpkin. The chocolate sample sounds interesting.

It was good!

The chocolate sculptures are AMAZING!!! What talented artists.

It was very cool to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
As much as I don't want to be tied, I did enjoy the video. Nice job.

Although I did ROFL at the dancing!

Glad you enjoyed it!

It was very funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
I think they used that white chocolate display at the Beach Club as part of the Christmas decor. They are all so beautiful and full of detail.
I loved it! It was very cool to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Funny, I randomly was looking for DL TRs and ran across yours. Your mom and I are FB friends either from a PP share or the October 2011 FB group. I see lots of photos of you all, fun to read the reports! Of course I had to follow the TR here now, too. We NLT have 14 days til my DD15 and I leave for DL which is why I was looking for a TR to read
I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Oh, and this August will be our third trip to BW, we love it there too!
It's gorgeous!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #86
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

When I last left off we were saying goodbye to Epcot

And heading to our hotel for the rest of our stay which was POP! We love it here and whenever we stay at a value this is our choice! The CMS are amazing and we love the food!

We were located in the 50s and ground floor which is super close to the main building!

The last time we stayed we were also in this area.

We bummed around the resort for a bit

I love all of the colors!

One of my favorite resort bars

Just so pretty all around

We got ready and headed to the MK

We had a very important birthday dinner to go to!

We were very surprised to see the Christmas stuff up!

I love Christmas at Disney!

Nice to see the Castle without the crane!

We headed this way for dinner

We saw Gaston but I wasn't very impressed with him or the pictures we got He was very funny with the little kids though!

The must have shot of construction

Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #87
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Finally it was time for dinner

We had been watching the dining boards for weeks trying to get this ADR! As a huge BAB fan we had to eat at the castle for my bday!

The desserts

I started off with the Seasonal Salad Trio

Three Individual Bowls of:
Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin and Orange Salad
Green Been, Tomato and Roasted Shallot Salad
Watermelon, Radish, and Mint salad

It was very good!

While mom played it safe and went with the Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette

During our appetizers the master of ceremonies arrived

For our entrees I chose to try something new

Pan-seared Salmon on Leek Fondue - served with creamy saffron-crushed potatoes

It wasn't bad but not the best thing I have ever tasted

Mom went with her favorite the Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites

It wasn't as good as the first time she had it either.

When dessert came out I was surprised with a candle in my cream puff!

Mom tried the Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

For some reason this time wasn't nearly as good or as magical as the first time we went. We will be going back in May since dad hasn't been but we probably won't be going back for a bit. It's definitely a place everyone needs to see once but after that it sort of loses the magic.

We made our way out of the castle to find our next adventure

Next up!
Ariel
Castle Lighting
Illuminations!

Old 01-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #88
APears
Earning My Ears

I'm in! Can't wait to read more!
APears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #89
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by APears View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you for joining us!

Old 01-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #90
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

We love Pop as well - great layout, great food choices, great bus service. And when you're there, you KNOW you're at WDW!

Sorry BOG was disappointing. We had dinner there over Christmas (somehow snagged an ADR the week before) and enjoyed it, but have definitely had better food elsewhere. Our server was outstanding, though, and you could tell she loved her restaurant. I think I'll stick with the counter service there, and choose other options for table service.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: