Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
disneygirl1972
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in

Hi Grumpy's Wife! We're neighbors!
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #18
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Excuse me, but is this spot taken?
Glad to see you could make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Joining along..sounds like fun!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
In!

Jill in CO
Thank you for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Well, I haven't been able to keep up with your DL report, but I will get back to it when I have the time since we are going in July.

But I will get in on the ground floor on this one, and will do my best to keep up!
Yay for a DL trip!

I am sure I won't be posting non stop so hopefully you can keep up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I'm in and excited to hear about your birthday trip, Caitlin!
Can't wait to share it with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I'm in
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Im here
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yay! You started! So glad I checked.

P.S. I LOVED (I guess I should say we, since I did share) the chocolates. They were amazing.

Thank you!

Cute picture!
Glad you liked the chocolates! I got use out of one of the bags you gave us during the race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawn View Post
I've signed up for this thread too! My daughter Katie (short for Kaitlyn) & I enjoying reading about another Caitlyn & Dawn who love Disney.
Thank you! I am glad you enjoy reading them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I've loved reading your trip reports in the past so i'm totally subscribing to this one!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Looking forward to this one too!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post
I'm in Looking forward to reading your report
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in.
Thank you! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl1972 View Post
I'm joining in

Hi Grumpy's Wife! We're neighbors!
Welcome!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
PrincessCaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
ksromack
DIS Veteran

I'm following. We're WDW vets but are about to embark on our very first DLR trip in 4 days.....so I'm following both of your reports
Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Subbing! I always enjoy your trip reports. I've just made reservations for a last minute December trip, as I had a week of vacation left for this year (use it or lose it!) so what better place to go? I have reserved a Candlelight Processional package, so I am looking forward to that as well.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more!

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #22
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I'm following. We're WDW vets but are about to embark on our very first DLR trip in 4 days.....so I'm following both of your reports
I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Subbing! I always enjoy your trip reports. I've just made reservations for a last minute December trip, as I had a week of vacation left for this year (use it or lose it!) so what better place to go? I have reserved a Candlelight Processional package, so I am looking forward to that as well.
I hope you have a great trip!

I just love Disney at Christmastime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Can't wait to read more!
More coming up!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 11-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #23
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

It was an early morning for my mom, dad and I! We had to leave the house by 530 in order to make it to the airport to check in for our flight. My mom and I were hyped up on Disney excitement though! This trip seemed pretty surreal since we had gone to Disney so many times this year already and it snuck up on us with how busy the past couple months had been!

When we got to the airport we said our goodbyes, checked our bags and headed for security. The line was insane! Luckily it moved pretty quickly but when I tried to get through my bag was taken One of the TSA agents pulled me aside to go through my bag. Well we had a DISmeet with the lovely MEK on our first day and we had bought her some of the famous Michigan made Sanders hot fudge. It was too big to be allowed on the plane It was a tiny little package and all sealed up but we couldn't bring it. Luckily we had also bought chocolate for her or else our entire present would have been taken!

After that fiasco we tried to find some food. Finding gluten free food at an airport is a bit challenging! By the time we found it our plane was boarding! It wasn't a full flight so my mom and I got a row to ourselves. (With Southwest you board according to number and don't have assigned seats. It's first come first serve.)

After we were done eating my mom got up to throw her food away. Well it was during the lock down of the plane so she got yelled at by one of the flight attendants! We were not having good luck so far!

I watched the sunrise

Then fell asleep!

I was out of it for most of the flight and woke up to play Uno with my mom. Before we know it we are being told we are landing in Florida!!!!!!!!!! I always love that feeling!

We hurried off the plane and boarded our first ride of the trip!

When we got to the Magical Express area our magic bands didn't work so we had to use the booklet. We had two different reservations for our trip and didn't get our magic bands for our first half of the trip ahead of time.

The ME area was dead!!!

We had a bus to ourselves so we grabbed the first seats hoping for a good picture of the gates!

After waiting for what seemed like forever more people got on and we headed to WDW!

Those first row seats paid off!

Crossing over into Disney property is amazing! You leave all your cares behind and just focus on the fun!

We stopped at one hotel then arrived at our hotel for the night!

We were staying concierge level at Boardwalk! This is my favorite resort so of course I was excited!

I just love this hotel!

We checked in then made our way to the concierge room

This is where they set up all the food and beverages throughout the day

The view from the concierge room

It's not much of one and I wish it was over more and overlooked the Boardwalk! One of the things we liked better about DL concierge was the fact they play Disney movies all day! AT WDW they always have on the news and who wants to watch the news on vacation

Before we left we ran in to a CM who commented on my Darth Vader sweatshirt. It turns out the guy who played Bobba Fett in the original movies stays at Boardwalk!

We had been texting with MEK so it was time to go over and meet her!

Such a beautiful area!

This area had been somewhat redone. I didn't remember Cat Kora's picture being there before.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #24
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

My favorite half of the Boardwalk!

Although we did agree Beach Club concierge was better!

Home sweet home!

I love this slide although this trip it was way too cold to swim! I don't know how young kids enjoy pools when it is so cold!

I cannot get enough of this view!

I love this picture!

If you can't guess by now we were headed to Beaches and Cream!

We met MEK and her husband Denny outside the restaurant and exchanged gifts and hugs! We have known her since we started the DIS boards so we were very excited to meet her!

It wasn't long before the restaurant opened and we headed inside for more talking and some food! It was fun hearing about their trip and Food and Wine! It was my first time getting to experience it so I made sure to ask what drinks I should try!

Our food eventually came and we didn't choose anything exciting

My mom got her usual hot dog

and I got

gluten free grilled cheese! Which may not seem that exciting but tasted amazing!

None of us opted for dessert and it was time for MEK and Denny to head out for their flight. We said our goodbyes but of course got a picture first!

It was great meeting them! MEK is every bit as funny and great to talk to as she was on the boards and Denny must be used to DISmeets by now because my mom and were surprised by how talkative he was In the past MEK has said he was weary of DISmeets so it was nice to get a chance to get to know him too! It was an amazing lunch so thank you again MEK!

After our lunch we headed to get our tickets. I will leave you there!

Next up:
MVMCP Drama
The Surrey Bike of Doom
Our brush with a celebrity
The first night of the Drunken Punkin!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
Disney Is My Drug
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to another great trip report from you. You always do such a good job with relating your trip in a way that makes me feel as if I am right there with you. One question, does your husband get jealous that you get to go so often without him? If I had a beautiful wife like you i'd never let you go without me!!!!
Disney Is My Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Is My Drug View Post
Looking forward to another great trip report from you. You always do such a good job with relating your trip in a way that makes me feel as if I am right there with you. One question, does your husband get jealous that you get to go so often without him? If I had a beautiful wife like you i'd never let you go without me!!!!
Thank you!.

Last edited by PrincessCaitlin; 11-26-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
dgthree
DIS Veteran

I'll be following along - love your trip reports & all the gorgeous photos you take.

Happy belated b-day. =)
Old 11-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgthree View Post
I'll be following along - love your trip reports & all the gorgeous photos you take.

Happy belated b-day. =)
Thank you for joining us! Thank you! I have lots of great pics coming up!

Thank you!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #29
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post

[/URL]

The view from the concierge room

Funny to see that Family Feud was on the TV in the concierge room! I used to love that show when Richard Dawson was the host. I even had (have) the home version of the game!

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #30
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yay! We meet!

While Denny and I were driving over to meet you he said, "Are your friends still on the magical mystery tour…hum…I mean magical express?"

That totally cracked me up! In fact, I might use that in my TR title.

I am so happy we finally got to meet. I really enjoyed lunch and my grilled cheese sandwich was also really yummy. I will definitely be having another one of those.

I really hope our trips overlap again in the future.

I love that the CL overlooks my favorite pool. I absolutely love the quiet pool at the Boardwalk. I seriously could live there. That lounge is really cute.
Did you guys LOVE staying there? Wait, that's a silly question.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: