Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #121
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their friends and family yesterday. If anyone did Black Friday sales I hope you all are home safe with some goodies you got on the cheap!

Kook, when you have time, we changed the dates of one of our 2014 trips. My son kindly informed us we would miss the Autism walk if we went in April, and well, that would not be good. Please remove the April date, and add us in for August 24th thru 30th. At least we were still able to keep our discount!

Old 11-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #122
gildacat
Earning My Ears

Hello.. usual lurker here on the boards. I am going to be calling and switching my reservation from the poly to wl for last week of feb. I figured $800 is better in my pocket
Anyways.. I m looking at a bunk bed woods view. I m thinking the little pond would be a nice view. I want to be close to roaring forks and the boat launch. Does this sound like a good spot for that? When I call to switch should I make a room request then? I have never made a room request before. I honestly just don't want to be over by those Villas.
What do you pros recommend for a room request. .. how should I word it?
Any help would be much appreciated
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #123
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their friends and family yesterday. If anyone did Black Friday sales I hope you all are home safe with some goodies you got on the cheap!

Kook, when you have time, we changed the dates of one of our 2014 trips. My son kindly informed us we would miss the Autism walk if we went in April, and well, that would not be good. Please remove the April date, and add us in for August 24th thru 30th. At least we were still able to keep our discount!
We will be down at the same time for once!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #124
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildacat View Post
Hello.. usual lurker here on the boards. I am going to be calling and switching my reservation from the poly to wl for last week of feb. I figured $800 is better in my pocket
Anyways.. I m looking at a bunk bed woods view. I m thinking the little pond would be a nice view. I want to be close to roaring forks and the boat launch. Does this sound like a good spot for that? When I call to switch should I make a room request then? I have never made a room request before. I honestly just don't want to be over by those Villas.
If you ask for North Wing, Otter Pond you will be close to both the boat launch and Roaring Forks. You could ask for a low floor if you want to be able to see the pond.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #125
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

. . . and we're packed!

Van is loaded, kids are in bed and I'm too excited to sleep yet!

WL here we come
Old 11-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #126
jenluvs2go2disney
Mouseketeer

Hi! Does anyone know if Roaring Forks has grilled cheese? Thanks!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #127
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenluvs2go2disney View Post
Hi! Does anyone know if Roaring Forks has grilled cheese? Thanks!
It isn't on the menu. Sorry.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #128
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

There are many arrivals according to the Lodgers' Log yesterday and today. I hope everyone is having a magical vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
I am just crazy about the Wilderness Lodge. It is so beautiful and so well located. The Staff and grounds and vibe amazing. With 18 hotels in WDW I don't know but thats the ONLY place I want to stay. If I was made of $$$$ I'd be a fixture there! Thanks for your great thread.
Welcome to the thread and I hope you get to book WL soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsy View Post
Is it 2 requests or 3 that you can have? We already have 2 eaten up by our request for adjoining rooms and pack-n-play, but I'm wondering if I can/should add something like "view of wishes?" Or should I just leave it alone and hope for a good woods view room? I spent so much time researching poly when I thought we'd stay there, but I don't know much about WL other than what's posted in this thread.
When the new reservation system was implemented a few years ago, some posted that you could now make up to 3 requests, but when I once asked a WDTC CM, he told me he could put in as many as I'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
The day has finally arrived. I am sitting at the airport in Cleveland waiting to head to WDW. I cannot wait to walk into the WL and begin this long overdue vacation. Hope to run into a few of you at the WL. If I've got a Goofy shirt and a cap with the Ohio State Buckeyes on it, that would be me.
I hope you're having a great time and enjoying all the beautiful decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We'll be at the airport 24 hours from now. It looks like good traveling weather. I'll keep a look out for you. If it is cold out I'll have my green Tigger jacket on, or maybe my white hooded sweatshirt with the little Mickey emblem on it, both of which I've had for years and years.
Are you there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post

Of course I'll change you and aren't you a sweet (and frugal) mom.

Quote:
Welcome! As long as you're in the North Wing, you'll be as far from VWL as you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
. . . and we're packed!

Van is loaded, kids are in bed and I'm too excited to sleep yet!

WL here we come
You must be on your way now! I recommend a stop at Sonic. I hope you'll check-in with us soon!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #129
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

16 days until we leave! I have my magic bands, fast pass plus selections and dining reservations. The luggage tags and magical express is another story. The first set they sent us was messed up so the second set should be on it's way. Hopefully it arrives in time. I will start packing soon!!!!!

1988 Off Site, 1992 Off Site, 1996 ASMusic, 2000 CBR, 2004 POR, 2007 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 WL
Old 11-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #130
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
16 days until we leave! I have my magic bands, fast pass plus selections and dining reservations. The luggage tags and magical express is another story. The first set they sent us was messed up so the second set should be on it's way. Hopefully it arrives in time. I will start packing soon!!!!!
Three weeks from today for us. Great idea to start packing soon and we should do a little of that this weekend. I find it easier to pack for a winter trip Vs. summer since we need fewer types of shoes and bottoms and you can layer. Happy packing!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #131
tim123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well some things to consider here. First of all a woods view as opposed to courtyard view. Most of the woods views are on the voila side although they call some of them courtyard..its a little confusing. Then there is the sun situation. You get a much better vibe I think with a courtyard/bayview 5th floor villa side because the early morning sun and afternoon sunset doesn't blast in your face…and it gets HOT on the MK side.
The woods view as opposed to the courtyard view isn't really that much cheaper and unless you want lots of privacy the courtyard view is the better room. You can see the whole Lodge in its beauty, Baylake, the geizer, etc. very nice. Just call the Lodge directly and ask for what you like. When I arrived they had assigned us the exact room I requested!!! 6th floor (because we wanted the semi enclosed balcony..being up high away from noise, but will all the view and sunrise and low afternoon sun) plus I just put the top mattress of the bunk be out there and slept there every night! I had a self created suite away from my buddy who snored! Loved it and no one could see it from outside like all the other balconies!!! The semi enclosed balconies on 6th floor aren't for everyone but I loved it!
As for being close to Roring Forks..You might want to rethink the MK side of the Lodge…Wispering Canyon can get very loud all day. On the ills side there are three elevators in two locations and there are three access exits on at the end by the water, the other in the middle by the spring and the other in the lobby.
The middle one takes you right outside and only a few feet from the restaurant side where Forks is..so its no hassle at all. as few the boat launch..same thing..the walk is the same from the geyser either side you are on.
Good luck I'm so jealous!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #132
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Just booked our trip at VWL for the kids' spring break: 4/4/14-4/11/14. My third VWL stay!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #133
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We will be down at the same time for once!!!
Cool! I see you are staying Sugarloaf. We did that a few years back. The room there was gorgeous!

Old 11-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #134
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Just booked our trip at VWL for the kids' spring break: 4/4/14-4/11/14. My third VWL stay!
Yay!!

Old 11-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #135
amwildwood
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyElite4 View Post
Hi everyone! We are checking into VWL in a one-bedroom unit in less than week!

Can anyone confirm that there will definitely be a Pack and Play in the room without request? I am so nervous that there won't be one there when we check in, and that there won't be anything available or some other scenario. I specifically booked a one-bedroom villa because it supposedly comes with a Pack and Play without needing to request one and just hope there is one available. Our DS is 13.5 months and will not sleep in a bed with us. Also, what brand is the Pack and Play in the rooms?
The pack n play in our villa room was in the front closet with a high chair. The brand was Graco. If you're concerned about sleeping, we rented a full-sized crib and that worked out well for us. We also brought white noise machines (use them at home), but we didn't have any noise concerns.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: