Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #706
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,186

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Been away for a bit again, life keeps getting crazy, and then my internet doesn't like me half the time.

Anyways...hope everyone is having , had , or will be having a blast at the Lodge!


Kook - could I bother you to update the dates we will be there? Our August trip is now the 17th thru the 23 and we upped it to Club Level. I am super excited! Thank you in advance.
I knew you couldn't stay away from the OFC too long. Congratulations on a stupendous change.

ETA: Oops, I tried to change your November dates instead and I can't recall what they are. I need a hint…
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #707
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A long time in PasLand I am trying to stick, I am...I miss WL SO much! And the monorail resorts...I love GF. But DH also loves WL...decisions....the kids are really hyped up on BC so I am trying

Hope the day warms up. ENJOY!!! And that's a big group for the tour, sounds fun!
I meant that the people were over 50 years old, not that there were 50 people on the tour. There were only eight of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellsmomma View Post
We are woods view floor 4 right now. Have seen wishes from balcony. Hear lots if boats and if wishes is late and u r in bed early it will wake you! We r right by elevator. Live WL!
It is noisier in this courtyard view room then it was in our 6th floor woods view room that we had in Feb because, in addition to the boats we can hear the geyser go off. The quietest room we had was the woods view in the south wing, room 3104. You couldn't hear the boats or the geyser.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-24-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Wood Nymph is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #708
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 5,038

I had an operational update to the bus information. Right now the bus to and from the MK is also stopping at the Contemporary due to the monorail repairs. The bus ride is now a bit longer since a lot of people get on and off at the CR.

I would think that the bus would return to normal after the monorail repairs are finished at the end of March.
__________________
~ Sue



Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #709
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran
 
nyrebecca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hurley, NY
Posts: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I knew you couldn't stay away from the OFC too long. Congratulations on a stupendous change. ETA: Oops, I tried to change your November dates instead and I can't recall what they are. I need a hint&
The OFC kept calling our name.

November is the 9 th to the 15 th and it is OFC as well.

Gotta love those discounts. They make it easier to splurge.
__________________
Me and DS 16 and my Mom


nyrebecca is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #710
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I meant that the people were over 50 years old, not that there were 50 people on the tour. There were only eight of us.


It is noisier in this courtyard view room then it was in our 6th floor woods view room that we had in Feb because, in addition to the boats we can hear the geyser go off. The quietest room we had was the woods view in the south wing, room 3104. You couldn't hear the boats or the geyser.
Sounds like you're having fun. I'm glad that you are getting to experience the CV room.

Have a wonderful trip, and know that we're all watching from home enjoying the WL vicariously through you.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #711
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
For those who have stayed in a standard, woods, and a courtyard view, did it really make a huge difference for your trip? Have you ever booked standard and been upgraded before you got there or did you maybe ask for some pixie dust? If you asked how did you go about it? I've stayed in all three and then I enjoy the courtyard view I'm not so sure it made a difference in my stay. How do ya'll
feel?
We have only booked Standard view, and have been lucky enough to get upgraded to a Courtyard view on our honeymoon and Woods View rooms the last two trips. We have never asked for an upgrade, just taken the room we were assigned. We might have helped our chances with our room requests, which were "high floor and open to lobby" which lead to a non-standard view room, but I think the biggest factor is that we visit at low crowd times. If they can meet your requests they will do so.

I really see how location and view are personal preferences. We have found that for us, we enjoy having a room that opens to the lobby more than we enjoyed having the Courtyard view from the balcony. We aren't sensitive to noise, so that's not a problem for us. We also don't spend a whole lot of time on the balcony, but we do enjoy having something to sit and watch out there in the mornings. We have found that we love watching the park buses come and go in the early morning.

I think the biggest thing is to book the minimum level you would be happy with, and then anything above that is just pixie dust.
GrandCalifornian is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #712
ocalla
DIS Veteran
 
ocalla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Scott (Lafayette), LA
Posts: 3,188

Magical Express booklet arrived today!!! How can something as simple as a piece of mail make someone smile so big!!!
__________________
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #713
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer
 
EmmaMagsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scituate,MA
Posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
For those who have stayed in a standard, woods, and a courtyard view, did it really make a huge difference for your trip? Have you ever booked standard and been upgraded before you got there or did you maybe ask for some pixie dust? If you asked how did you go about it? I've stayed in all three and then I enjoy the courtyard view I'm not so sure it made a difference in my stay. How do ya'll feel?
Our first trip to WL , we booked a standard view and were upgraded to CL. Big pixie dust. We did not ask for anything. Our second trip, we booked standard and were upgraded to inner courtyard view. We loved the view of pool but found we missed CL. They got us because the last 3 years we have booked CL and requested inner courtyard views. It's the best of all worlds for us. Our girls love it.
EmmaMagsMom is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #714
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran
 
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,071

Oh wow, how do you make room request? When and where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
We have only booked Standard view, and have been lucky enough to get upgraded to a Courtyard view on our honeymoon and Woods View rooms the last two trips. We have never asked for an upgrade, just taken the room we were assigned. We might have helped our chances with our room requests, which were "high floor and open to lobby" which lead to a non-standard view room, but I think the biggest factor is that we visit at low crowd times. If they can meet your requests they will do so.

I really see how location and view are personal preferences. We have found that for us, we enjoy having a room that opens to the lobby more than we enjoyed having the Courtyard view from the balcony. We aren't sensitive to noise, so that's not a problem for us. We also don't spend a whole lot of time on the balcony, but we do enjoy having something to sit and watch out there in the mornings. We have found that we love watching the park buses come and go in the early morning.

I think the biggest thing is to book the minimum level you would be happy with, and then anything above that is just pixie dust.
__________________
Mike 33 Steph 32 Genevieve 15 months
WDW '04 ~ WL WDW '06~ WL Proposal
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney is offline  
Old 01-24-2014, 08:54 PM   #715
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran
 
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
Our first trip to WL , we booked a standard view and were upgraded to CL. Big pixie dust. We did not ask for anything. Our second trip, we booked standard and were upgraded to inner courtyard view. We loved the view of pool but found we missed CL. They got us because the last 3 years we have booked CL and requested inner courtyard views. It's the best of all worlds for us. Our girls love it.
I would love to be upgraded to CL! I would just die!
__________________
Mike 33 Steph 32 Genevieve 15 months
WDW '04 ~ WL WDW '06~ WL Proposal
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #716
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!
 
PoppyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,015

Room request

4 more days!!! I can hardly stand it--I need this vacation SO bad!

I put in my room request with the IPO office. I requested 2 different specific room numbers OR a courtyard view. What do you think the odds are of getting one of the two rooms???
__________________
"PoppyGirl" 50 DH 59"UdderMan" DS "Dopeydo" 14 DD "Fickle Pickle" 11
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #717
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
I would love to be upgraded to CL! I would just die!
If it ever happens for you (and I hope it does someday), I must warn you it is addicting. We visited WDW for the first time in 2008 and upon checking into the front desk at the WL the cast member smiled and said, "you are going to have a very magical visit with us." and then informed us that we were being upgraded to CL. I had no idea what it was at the time. Ever since that day we have done nothing else but CL. Three times at the WL, once at the YC, and this upcoming June the CL at the Contemporary. I'm sure I will enjoy the Contemporary, but the WL will always be my favorite resort and the one I will go to most of the time.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Dec. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL June 2015 Grand Floridian Villas



Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #718
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
A long time in PasLand I am trying to stick, I am...I miss WL SO much! And the monorail resorts...I love GF. But DH also loves WL...decisions....the kids are really hyped up on BC so I am trying
Of course you miss the WL....so come on back! Ya know I'll be doing another TR on the Lodge, so I'm hoping to tempt you once again Just a wild guess here, but I bet one of your changes will incorporate the WL at some point


Hope everyone is staying warm today! A little cold down here in South Georgia...too cold for my bones

Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 01-25-2014 at 10:30 AM.
hstrickland is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #719
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Magical Express booklet arrived today!!! How can something as simple as a piece of mail make someone smile so big!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
4 more days!!! I can hardly stand it--I need this vacation SO bad!



Let the dancing commence!!!!
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #720
yooperfan
DIS Veteran
 
yooperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Marquette, MI USA
Posts: 2,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
4 more days!!! I can hardly stand it--I need this vacation SO bad!

I put in my room request with the IPO office. I requested 2 different specific room numbers OR a courtyard view. What do you think the odds are of getting one of the two rooms???
What does IPO stand for and can you tell me how to contact them? Also, did you also make requests on your reservation itself?
__________________
yooperfan is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: