Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #586
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridisneyfan9 View Post
Hello!

I've booked a Woods View room with a bunk bed for me and my girlfriend...are those rooms also part of the North Wing?
Does she get the top bunk or the bottom??

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #587
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Plumb forgot to take a picture, but I will in August, unless you take one sooner. The AP entrees served at TL are not the same as the AP entrees served at AP, these were some of the items last month:

Scallops

Salmon Silverbay. Not cedar plank, but DH loved it. - $35

Beef Tenderloin. We split this and it was perfect. - $43

Chicken. I had this and I believe it was a small Cornish Game Hen cut into several pieces - $29

A vegetarian dish. I had this, but I can't recall the name and on my receipt it only says "Vegetarian" - $28

A mixed grill dish with a few meats.
Thank you! We'll be there very shortly, so I'll take a photo or several. Likely several.

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #588
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volne View Post
Forgot to post this but staying there this coming week 19-25 with the GF and 6 friends!!! Finally getting to take staying here off my bucket list! I can't wait to be there. :D
I'll add your dates to the Log, but know that just because you take it off your bucket list, doesn't mean it won't be put right back on another list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
kook!. Do we finally have overlapping trips???? We arrive 8/16 and are down until the 26th!!!
It would seem that we do overlap, but how will we ever coordinate this with Jeanette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasideshell View Post
Hello everyone. I've been reading the forums with great interest, especially this thread. My husband and I have been to Disney numerous times, but have always stayed value. This most likely will be our last trip for quite a while and a bit of a splurge and surprise for my husband. He believes we'll be staying all 4 nights at Pop, but in fact we will be spending the last 2 nights at WL CL. He's always wanted to do CL, but with taking our family (Mom, kids etc..) with us every time, financially it was a no go. This time just the two of us. So, finally this: Please give me the top 5 hints/thoughts on CL and how to get the most out of this experience! Room requests? Etc.... Thanks in advance!! We are going check in at WL on March 18th and are not flying home until 8p.m. on the 20th! No parks while we are at the lodge, just relaxing and watching my husband smile!
to the WL/VL thread and the DIS, seasideshell! Nice to have you come out of lurkdom and post about your stay.

So it's just the two of you? Are you staying in a Honeymoon Suite or have you requested a King bed? That might be nice if it's just the two of you.

I would recommend Territory Lounge and/or going to eat at Trail's End or HDDR at FW is lots of fun. You can order select AP entrees at Territory Lounge.

The evening offerings in the lounge from 5-7 are delicious and plentiful. And, you won't want to miss cobbler from 8-10.

Most of the rooms in the North Wing have a partial Wishes view and rooms 7035 and 7127 directly face Bay Lake. You can also see the EWP and geyser from the Courtyard View rooms. These are popular 7th floor requests.

Have you considered a fishing excursion, boat ride or maybe horseback riding at FW? These might be a nice surprise for DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinV02 View Post
Hi all! We are newcomers to the Lodge, as we have never stayed there before! We are now looking to book a 2BR Villa for our upcoming trip. I know this thread is full of so much information, that I LOVE, however, I started getting a little too overwhelmed and decided to just post and ask this quick question!

Do the 2BR Villa's have access to a bathroom from the Living Room without having to go through one of the bedrooms?

Thank you!! Looking forward to possibly being part of the Wilderness Lodge lovers!!!
Let us know when it's official and welcome to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
US TOO!!! And Kook I will be at BC (I think) 16th-22nd I will find you my friends

Is this MY birthday gift!!

A sticker from Bree
Well, we may have to put a GPS locator on you. Keep us posted on your August whereabouts!

Thank you, Bree! Here's one for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post
Well, our 2/2 arrival is getting closer. First timers with WL AND CL !!!
So we're officially into "overthinking " mode. Been going over and over the first page,just trying to feel as familiar and comfortable with all the info as possible.
So, first question - I saw a reference to requesting a rooftop view of Wishes Fireworks. Has anyone ever done that???? Is it still possible to make such a request?

Second question - Taking into account that it always comes down to personal preference, I'm only now becoming aware of Deluxe rooms also being CL. I saw one pic where a 6th floor deluxe room had the same exact beautiful view as #7127(room must be just underneath it). How much more money is a Deluxe room and is that bigger room worth it?? We're heavy duty balcony sitters, unless it's really cold or rainy. Weather, the first week of February, can be a crap shoot, going either way. Bad weather makes a bigger room more inviting, where DH & I can find our own reading spots. But, how inconvenient is it to have to take an elevator up one floor to visit the lounge? Is it that big a deal?
You see, officially overthinking......waaaaay toooooo excited!!!!
You must be very excited! You can only inquire about the special occasion Rooftop Wishes viewing upon arrival.

The Deluxe rooms are usually never available at a discounted rate. I think a 5% General Public discount is the most I've ever found. The rate is about 30% higher than a Standard CL room for your dates.

The Deluxe room is 500 SF Vs. about 340 SF for a Standard room. The size difference is a parlor area with an additional TV, 2 easy chairs, balcony and queen sleeper. There are photo links and descriptions HERE.

If you want to relax, then I would take advantage of lounging on the CL floor and in other areas of WL and VWL Vs. spending time cooped up in your room (except for a nice nap perhaps). If you need to accommodate 6, then I would recommend the Deluxe or if you need a separate sleeping space with a door. Otherwise, get out and enjoy the Lodge and the CL seating areas. It's so beautiful and seldom crowded during the day and you'll save 30% over a Deluxe room

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

This may come as a shock, but I don't mind getting a picture of anything WL related It's very possible that I'll snap a few (1000) shots in June....

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestonblondie View Post
We are going to be staying at WL for the first time starting this Friday. I cannot wait. We went to AKL last year and loved it. It going to be nice to be closer to MK this time though! This trip is a surprise for my six year old son. I am picking up early from school and driving him to disney (6 hours for us). I am just telling home that we are going on a surprise trip. I think he will figure out once we start passing highway signs. Eek. I can't wait!
to the WL/VWL thread and the DIS, charlestonblondie! What a sweet surprise! Let us know how the surprise turns out and have a wonderful first stay at WL with your DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
That's a great question! Top 5 CL tips....and I'd like to know too! Thanks for asking. We arrive in 16 days......woot!
See above and your trip is almost here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
Does she get the top bunk or the bottom??

And, who's in the queen?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
Thank you! We'll be there very shortly, so I'll take a photo or several. Likely several.
Excellent.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #589
honey3684
Earning My Ears

Do you have to be staying CL to be able to have the opportunity to do rooftop wishes? We are staying in a studio and was wanting to inquire about it when we arrive in 12 days!!!
honey3684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #590
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey3684 View Post
Do you have to be staying CL to be able to have the opportunity to do rooftop wishes? We are staying in a studio and was wanting to inquire about it when we arrive in 12 days!!!
No. It actually has nothing to do with CL, other than the fact that you have to exit the elevator onto the 7th floor in order to get to the stairs for the 8th floor/roof. But, I believe it's intended for special occasions.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #591
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

Dearest Kook (I think I spend more time with you than DH!!!),

Thank-you SO MUCH for your advice about the deluxe rooms. It was exactly the info I needed! Standard rooms are the way to go!!

But I'm still in overthinking mode, so I apologize in advance -

I've created 8 Mousekeeping envelopes,putting $5 in each, for each morning of our 8 day stay. Does that seem to be an appropriate amount?

Knowing that the CM's can't take money,I've created 2 female gift bags(for some reason,they're easier to put together), and 3 unisex bags, in anticipation of saying thank-you when we leave. I know I don't have to do that, but I do appreciate the job they do and would like to express that in a not over the top way.They contain small items,baseball cap,key chain,etc., from our town,Key West. So here are my questions -1) Should the CM at the concierge desk get a tad more in the gift bag,or should they all be the same? I'm not anticipating using the desk help much,as most of our schedule is pretty much solidified,but does the position warrant a little more,even if I don't utilize them?

2) Does 5 gift bags seem like enough? I have no idea how many different CL CM's might cross paths with us over 8 days.

3) Have I left anyone out? I would be mortified if there was someone who was part of making our week wonderful in WL CL, and I had no thank-you for them.
It makes sense to bring extra gift bags, just in case, but again,how many extras????
Boy, this overthinking can be exhausting!!!
fauntleroy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #592
MinnieF
Earning My Ears

Hey Kook, this is my first post. I was wondering if you could add us to the LL. This will be our first time at the WL (have stayed at the Poly in the past), and my sons's first trip to WDW! He'll be 15 months when we go. We'll be there April 12-18, 2014, in a courtyard view. Your posts and everyone else's are AMAZING. Thank y'all all so much for the GREAT info!
MinnieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #593
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

We have a standard CL room....so are all CL rooms on the 7th floor? And does having a standard room mean we will NOT have a courtyard view? I'm so confused! I keep looking at the rooms and the maps and it looks to me like standard rooms can't request a courtyard view.

Last year we stayed at AKL and had a pool view...I LOVED it! It was so great to sit on our balcony every morning and eat our breakfast overlooking the view there. I think I will be sad if we don't have a pretty view this year.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #594
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
We have a standard CL room....so are all CL rooms on the 7th floor? And does having a standard room mean we will NOT have a courtyard view? I'm so confused! I keep looking at the rooms and the maps and it looks to me like standard rooms can't request a courtyard view.

Last year we stayed at AKL and had a pool view...I LOVED it! It was so great to sit on our balcony every morning and eat our breakfast overlooking the view there. I think I will be sad if we don't have a pretty view this year.
The "standard" just means the standard room size (i.e. Not deluxe). All room types/views on CL are by request only. So, you can request courtyard view and the room assigners will do their best to accommodate that request.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #595
FGump624
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I noticed in some of the WL photos there appears to be some quiet lounge areas on different floors of the lodge? Are those open to club level guests only? If not where are those areas located? Looking for quiet places to take our daughter (with autism) when the room becomes too confined for her. Thanks!
There's 2 one on the second floor of the main lobby towards the front of the lobby and another on the 3 or 4th both have fire places and nice couches sat there last trip in Sept with kids while they colored very very nice. There is one in the club level never saw it though.
FGump624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #596
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

We just enjoyed our first stay at the lodge last month and now are looking to come again in September/October 2014! I considered booking bounce back when we were there but DH really wanted to do a different vacation in 2014. Now he is on board since I lost my job and I am celebrating my 30th birthday this year and I believe he wants to choose a trip that will make me happy! Plus he wants to run the tower of terror 10 miler and I wanted to do a mother daughter trip so we are combining it all into one trip. Since I do not have a new job yet and there aren't any discounts available yet for our dates we are going to hold out on booking. I have already noticed that standard rooms are all booked for the week we are going (9/29-10/5). Does anyone know if the lodge books up quick for that time of year? We plan on doing one room for three adults (myself, DH and DM). We are going to surprise my mom and tell her we are staying at Pop when we are really going to WL. Staying at the WL is her dream.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #597
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
We just enjoyed our first stay at the lodge last month and now are looking to come again in September/October 2014! I considered booking bounce back when we were there but DH really wanted to do a different vacation in 2014. Now he is on board since I lost my job and I am celebrating my 30th birthday this year and I believe he wants to choose a trip that will make me happy! Plus he wants to run the tower of terror 10 miler and I wanted to do a mother daughter trip so we are combining it all into one trip. Since I do not have a new job yet and there aren't any discounts available yet for our dates we are going to hold out on booking. I have already noticed that standard rooms are all booked for the week we are going (9/29-10/5). Does anyone know if the lodge books up quick for that time of year? We plan on doing one room for three adults (myself, DH and DM). We are going to surprise my mom and tell her we are staying at Pop when we are really going to WL. Staying at the WL is her dream.
Sorry to hear about the job loss, that's tough. Glad the DH is being supportive!

We usually stay at WL around that time and have never had a problem. I usually book in late July/early August when the discounts come out. We always 'splurge' for a WV room.

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #598
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It would seem that we do overlap, but how will we ever coordinate this with Jeanette?

Well, we may have to put a GPS locator on you. Keep us posted on your August whereabouts!

Thank you, Bree! Here's one for you
I will find you all Or GPS will work

From 8/22-8/29 I will be at BC (yes I changed dates....) 22-24 may be Universal....OR maybe I can sneak some resort time in at say....OFC or RPC

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #599
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Sorry to hear about the job loss, that's tough. Glad the DH is being supportive!

We usually stay at WL around that time and have never had a problem. I usually book in late July/early August when the discounts come out. We always 'splurge' for a WV room.
Awesome! Thanks for the information. We will likely upgrade our room type as well but I was a little nervous since standard was already booked.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #600
katieam1
DIS Veteran

May 21-28

Hi Everyone we just decided on staying at the Villas of WL for our May trip!! I am so excited this will be our first stay at VWL we are usually BLT people but every trip we always seem to stop by WL because we just love looking around so we are SUPER excited about staying. I do have a question though. Does anyone staying at the Villas usually put in a room request and if so what do you usually request? Thank you!!!
My family: DH (Dan 35), Me (Katie 30), dd (Shelby 7), & dd(Madilynne 6) Baby #3 due 8/2/14

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: