Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #556
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
I left out a word in my original question. Are the lounges open to club level guests only? We will not be club level, just woods view!
Got it. My understanding is that all of the lounge areas (except for the big CL lounge/dining area overlooking the lobby, of course), are open to all guests. We have hung out in them before with no problem! I'm sure one of the WL experts on here can confirm.
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 01-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #557
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Got it. My understanding is that all of the lounge areas (except for the big CL lounge/dining area overlooking the lobby, of course), are open to all guests. We have hung out in them before with no problem! I'm sure one of the WL experts on here can confirm.
Thank you!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #558
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I noticed in some of the WL photos there appears to be some quiet lounge areas on different floors of the lodge? Are those open to club level guests only? If not where are those areas located? Looking for quiet places to take our daughter (with autism) when the room becomes too confined for her. Thanks!
Only the dedicated Club Level lounge, on the 7th floor, is restricted. Any other lounge area you happen upon is available for anyone to use. We especially like the one over the front entrance, I think it's on the 3rd floor? There are some cozy chairs and a fireplace.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 01-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #559
suzymouse724
Earning My Ears

Can someone tell me about the boat from the WL to the MK. How long does it typically take from the time you arrive at the dock? How frequently do the boats come? Can children stay in their strollers, or do strollers need to be folded? We've stayed the last few years at BLT and love the convenience of walking to the MK, but we really want to try WL this year. Our only hesitation is not being able to walk to the MK. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #560
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymouse724 View Post
Can someone tell me about the boat from the WL to the MK. How long does it typically take from the time you arrive at the dock? How frequently do the boats come? Can children stay in their strollers, or do strollers need to be folded? We've stayed the last few years at BLT and love the convenience of walking to the MK, but we really want to try WL this year. Our only hesitation is not being able to walk to the MK. Thanks in advance!
The boats are approximately 20 minutes apart and the boat ride to MK takes about 10-12 minutes, although in the mornings and at park closing, the boats were often more frequent then that. There are two types of boats, a larger boat which will accommodate EVC's and strollers and a smaller motor launch which requires strollers to be folded up. These two types of boats alternate. You can also take the bus which is a 5 minute long ride straight to MK.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-11-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #561
suzymouse724
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

The boats are approximately 20 minutes apart and the boat ride to MK takes about 10-12 minutes, although in the mornings and at park closing, the boats were often more frequent then that. There are two types of boats, a larger boat which will accommodate EVC's and strollers and a smaller motor launch which requires strollers to be folded up. These two types of boats alternate. You can also take the bus which is a 5 minute long ride straight to MK.
Thank you!!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #562
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

No particular reason to post. Just saying hi, looking forward to Kook's TR (no pressure-great Christmas pix!), and reading about everyone's experiences. Recently added another night to the front end of my trip (the Universal part) Thought 2 nights would be a little less hectic and that gives us 2 mornings to get to HP world early. I was totally prepared to go with the slightly less expensive Royal Pacific, but the robes at the Portofino were calling to me! (as were the restaurants) We stayed there in 2002 and my DD and her friend loved those robes. When it comes to paying more for a view or anything else, I don't just divide it by the number of days, but also by how much extra it would be per person to make it an even smaller number. Just rationalizing in order to get what I want!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #563
RebelSoul
Mouseketeer

We added one more night onto our WL CL trip this coming May. So now we'll be staying 5/2 through 5/6 WL CL - yay! (Stay is 3 nights BWI CL, 4 nights WL CL, 4 nights AKL on our DVC points, and last 2 nights AKL CL on our DVC points) After reading VWL will be getting hard goods refurb, thinking we'll be staying back at VWL for January 2015 after doing AKV the past few trips.

Last edited by RebelSoul; 01-11-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #564
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I noticed in some of the WL photos there appears to be some quiet lounge areas on different floors of the lodge? Are those open to club level guests only? If not where are those areas located? Looking for quiet places to take our daughter (with autism) when the room becomes too confined for her. Thanks!
We found a wonderful quiet room to hang out in when we were exploring the Villas. It is called the Carolwood Pacific room. There were two large leather rocking chairs facing a fireplace with a interesting firescreen. There were wooden tables for games. My husband and I played Chinese checkers for the first time in decades. It is just a lovely, quiet place and we had it all to ourselves for awhile. You might want to head over there if things get a little noisy in the main lodge.

There is more information about it on the first page of this thread. here is a link to it:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=20

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-11-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #565
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
We found a wonderful quiet room to hang out in when we were exploring the Villas. I think it is called the Carolina room. There were two large leather rocking chairs facing a fireplace with a interesting firescreen. There were wooden tables for games. My husband and I played Chinese checkers for the first time in decades. It is just a lovely, quiet place and we had it all to ourselves for awhile. You might want to head over there if things get a little noisy in the main lodge.
Carolwood Railroad Room. Used to be the Iron Spike. Usually very nice and quiet. A great place to sit and read a book. And you can play a game of checkers on the table there.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #566
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Only the dedicated Club Level lounge, on the 7th floor, is restricted. Any other lounge area you happen upon is available for anyone to use. We especially like the one over the front entrance, I think it's on the 3rd floor? There are some cozy chairs and a fireplace.
I like that one, too. Very quiet. I would recommend it. Don't forget about the Carolwood Pacific Room in the Villas building, too.

Edit: Just noticed that two other people recommended it above me. So I think you know where you should go ....

Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 PM   #567
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

We just returned from our first stay at WL on 1/8. We have been loyal to the Poly for many years with a few stays with BC mixed in here and there. We were at the Poly in Oct when the construction started and didn't want to return while it's still going on, so we decided to give WL a try.

We chose WL mostly because of the close proximity to MK. The theming at GF doesn't appeal to us, and we couldn't get an AP rate at CR for the room type we wanted, so WL it was. I was very worried we would regret our decision, but we fell in love with WL!

We loved how everything is in one building, and so peaceful and quiet . We love the Poly, but it gets so crazy and crowded, especially Captain Cooks. We had a woods view room on the 5th floor with a decent view of MK fireworks. We were surprised by how much we loved it, and wish we had tried it sooner. We made reservations to return in May!
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #568
gildacat
Earning My Ears

I put in for a 5th floor otter pond room request for next month. Also got bunkbeds. I've tried finding a map to see where those bunk bed rooms are located but couldn't find one. Oh well...
I had originally booked poly but didn't see the sense in spending $700 more when the monorail would be down. After reading all of these posts I'm so glad I made the decision to switch. We stayed at akl last year and fell in love. Just hated the location. We are mk people. I'm so excited to stay at wl. Hoping my room requests come thru. Can't wait!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #569
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

Just changed my woods view room in May for a CL room - I am excited, I always wanted to stay in CL at Wilderness Lodge. Am I correct all the balconies on the CL floor are the ones with the solid railing? Where sitting down your can't really look out like you can with the iron railings. I like sitting out on the balcony but I can live with the solid railing even though I can't look out because I am at my favorite resort and now staying on club level!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #570
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

We are booked for our summer split stay. We are staying from 8/18 - 21 at BWI (non-CL) so we can walk to DHS and Epcot. Followed by the Old Faithful Club from 8/21 - 29. It's great knowing that we'll be returning soon to WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
Anyone have a picture or a list of the abbreviated AP menu that you can get at TL? We are interested in this, good to know you can get more than just apps. Thanks!

15 days until check-in! We added a pre-night at ASMovies since I haven't seen that resort yet, so 14 days until we check in there.
Plumb forgot to take a picture, but I will in August, unless you take one sooner. The AP entrees served at TL are not the same as the AP entrees served at AP, these were some of the items last month:

Scallops

Salmon Silverbay. Not cedar plank, but DH loved it. - $35

Beef Tenderloin. We split this and it was perfect. - $43

Chicken. I had this and I believe it was a small Cornish Game Hen cut into several pieces - $29

A vegetarian dish. I had this, but I can't recall the name and on my receipt it only says "Vegetarian" - $28

A mixed grill dish with a few meats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
No particular reason to post. Just saying hi, looking forward to Kook's TR (no pressure-great Christmas pix!), and reading about everyone's experiences. Recently added another night to the front end of my trip (the Universal part) Thought 2 nights would be a little less hectic and that gives us 2 mornings to get to HP world early. I was totally prepared to go with the slightly less expensive Royal Pacific, but the robes at the Portofino were calling to me! (as were the restaurants) We stayed there in 2002 and my DD and her friend loved those robes. When it comes to paying more for a view or anything else, I don't just divide it by the number of days, but also by how much extra it would be per person to make it an even smaller number. Just rationalizing in order to get what I want!

Yay for adding a night! Hope to make some headway on the TR this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelSoul View Post
We added one more night onto our WL CL trip this coming May. So now we'll be staying 5/2 through 5/6 WL CL - yay! (Stay is 3 nights BWI CL, 4 nights WL CL, 4 nights AKL on our DVC points, and last 2 nights AKL CL on our DVC points) After reading VWL will be getting hard goods refurb, thinking we'll be staying back at VWL for January 2015 after doing AKV the past few trips.
More CL nights is fantastic and you won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
We just returned from our first stay at WL on 1/8. We have been loyal to the Poly for many years with a few stays with BC mixed in here and there. We were at the Poly in Oct when the construction started and didn't want to return while it's still going on, so we decided to give WL a try.

We chose WL mostly because of the close proximity to MK. The theming at GF doesn't appeal to us, and we couldn't get an AP rate at CR for the room type we wanted, so WL it was. I was very worried we would regret our decision, but we fell in love with WL!

We loved how everything is in one building, and so peaceful and quiet . We love the Poly, but it gets so crazy and crowded, especially Captain Cooks. We had a woods view room on the 5th floor with a decent view of MK fireworks. We were surprised by how much we loved it, and wish we had tried it sooner. We made reservations to return in May!
Looks like you've discovered our little secret. Congratulations on re-booking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildacat View Post
I put in for a 5th floor otter pond room request for next month. Also got bunkbeds. I've tried finding a map to see where those bunk bed rooms are located but couldn't find one. Oh well...
I had originally booked poly but didn't see the sense in spending $700 more when the monorail would be down. After reading all of these posts I'm so glad I made the decision to switch. We stayed at akl last year and fell in love. Just hated the location. We are mk people. I'm so excited to stay at wl. Hoping my room requests come thru. Can't wait!
There isn't a map of WL room types/locations for public consumption. The bunks are scattered throughout the resort. I hope you have a wonderful first stay at WL!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: