Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #466
ridisneyfan9
Mouseketeer

Hello!

So psyched to finally stay at WL this February 26 and 27! Celebrating my (wow) 40th birthday with a split stay at CBR for two days as well! I can't wait to take it all in...

I've booked a Woods View room with a bunk bed for me and my girlfriend...are those rooms also part of the North Wing?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #467
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessekrus View Post
I am a little concerned by the monorail shutdown... one of the things I was hoping to do was hop the boat to the CR, and then hop on the monorail to the Poly or Grand Floridan for a meal or two. When the monorails are down, what would be the best plan to get to the Poly? Boat to MK and then bus to Poly?
We have the same problem since we were hoping to go to the Polynesian for lunch one day. The monorail will run normally on the weekend, which is good. Otherwise we'll take the boat to MK and then the boat to the Polynesian to get there for lunch.

Quote:
Timing-wise - if I want to get to MK for an 8am EMH, how early should I be at the boat dock? is 7:30 enough time? I am so used to planning from the Beach Club, that this WL planning is throwing me for a loop. Plus, since I will only have 2 full days with my in-laws (both of which will be super crowded), I want to make sure we hit the highlights, but don't want to rush them around. We went in October, so I have some experience with FP+, but that was when FP- was still useable, and there was no tiering at Epcot.
The boat ride to MK is only about 10 - 12 minutes long. The boats run about 15 minutes apart, normally, but they can get off schedule, too. We had a tendency to walk up to the boat dock just as the boat was casting off. So give yourself a half hour or more to get to the MK. The boat to MK, CR and Fort Wilderness are much more enjoyable than the Epcot boats are. We are big fans of the BC, but once we started staying at the WL, we found that we loved it there, too. A WL stay is very MK centered while a BC stay is more about Epcot. I hope you have a great time.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #468
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridisneyfan9 View Post
Hello!

So psyched to finally stay at WL this February 26 and 27! Celebrating my (wow) 40th birthday with a split stay at CBR for two days as well! I can't wait to take it all in...

I've booked a Woods View room with a bunk bed for me and my girlfriend...are those rooms also part of the North Wing?
The bunk bed rooms are scattered throughout the resort. Some of them are in the north wing.

YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #469
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You THINK the trip is set in stone? Or is it more like it's set in chalk? Where else are you contemplating staying so I can talk you out of it

Do nothing? You? Not possible. There is so much to do at FW. Have you guys gone horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
No more contemplating....set in stone. After visiting the Poly again last week, it briefly crossed my mind to make a change. However....it quickly passed when I remembered the construction that would be taking place. Hubby also reminded me ever so gently that he's footing the bill and the WL it shall be So that discussion is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
See I remembered that you don't like connecting doors And that you had three reservations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
We checked in late last night...I love it! We have Woods View room #2110, which is literally just a few steps off the lobby, near the Mercantile. This is perfect for us since we have a stroller. More later!
Enjoy!

Quote:
School starts again Monday but at least grad school is over FOREVER. Now I have more time to peruse the Boards.
Congrats School starts back up for me tomorrow I took 2 much needed months off....back to the grind

Quote:
Best.Christmas.Ever.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #470
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Rescue from page two!

Quote:

Best.Christmas.Ever.

Like to hear that!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 01-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #471
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Joining in and hoping to learn about this resort for our upcoming trip. Please send any hidden info your way. We have visited this resort for dining but our first stay coming up
Old 01-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #472
cgscott
Earning My Ears

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize, but we will be staying at WL for our first Disney trip at the beginning of March and I'm wondering what time we should be walking out of our resort rooms in order to make it to RD at MK, HS, and Epcot, respectively? (Assuming we are not stopping for breakfast.)

Also wondering the best Disney transportation method to each park (we are not renting a car).

Thanks!!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #473
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
Joining in and hoping to learn about this resort for our upcoming trip. Please send any hidden info your way. We have visited this resort for dining but our first stay coming up
Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We love the lodge.
Kook has posted a lot of information on the first two pages of this thread. And there are plenty of people here with heads that are filled with tips. Just ask and someone will answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgscott View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, so I apologize, but we will be staying at WL for our first Disney trip at the beginning of March and I'm wondering what time we should be walking out of our resort rooms in order to make it to RD at MK, HS, and Epcot, respectively? (Assuming we are not stopping for breakfast.)

Also wondering the best Disney transportation method to each park (we are not renting a car).

Thanks!!
Kook has posted a huge amount of information about the transportation options on page one, post #13 of this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=13

We preferred taking the boats to MK instead of the bus. It is a nice ride. The bus is faster unless they have to load a ecv, then it can take awhile. It is also convenient to take a boat to CR in order to catch the monorail for an ADR at the Poly or GF.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #474
cgscott
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We love the lodge. Kook has posted a lot of information on the first two pages of this thread. And there are plenty of people here with heads that are filled with tips. Just ask and someone will answer. Kook has posted a huge amount of information about the transportation options on page one, post #13 of this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=13 We preferred taking the boats to MK instead of the bus. It is a nice ride. The bus is faster unless they have to load a ecv, then it can take awhile. It is also convenient to take a boat to CR in order to catch the monorail for an ADR at the Poly or GF.
Thank you very much! I was sure it was already posted somewhere, but didn't know where to look. 😃
Old 01-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #475
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We love the lodge.
Kook has posted a lot of information on the first two pages of this thread. And there are plenty of people here with heads that are filled with tips. Just ask and someone will answer.

We preferred taking the boats to MK instead of the bus. It is a nice ride. The bus is faster unless they have to load a ecv, then it can take awhile. It is also convenient to take a boat to CR in order to catch the monorail for an ADR at the Poly or GF.
Can't wait! I will read up on the first part of this thread! Thanks so much! I love to get the insider information from all those who have been before and can give inside tips. Already booked breakfast for WCC...yum!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #476
bbkdea
Earning My Ears

We are booked for May 3-9 for my girls' first trip to WDW! So excited! I have never stayed at the WL before.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #477
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Doing my research!!! In Dining section on the first page~with the wonderful photos....is that coffee cream in the fridge/cooler section down low by the milk?? We are hoping so. Can anyone confirm if they have coffee cream to purchase there (not powder)
Old 01-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #478
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Totally thought about the archery...however DS6 and a bow don't always work well around our house; windows get shattered which in turn makes dad a very unhappy camper. Thinking about the Segway tour (if it's still offered). Someone told me they stopped doing the Segway at EP.
Your DS is the minimum age and the arrows are blunt-tipped and they'll put away all the fine china, so no worries. Seriously, I highly recommend it and the kids will love it. The instructors do a great job and everyone has fun.

The Segway tour on the other hand…Yes, they still have it at FW, (but not Epcot). The min. age is 16 so none of your kids could attend. Every time we've seen it "in action" it looks very lame and s l o w; a single-file line of bored-looking guests in helmets. The Segway never made it commercially, so I guess Disney got a good deal on them? IDK, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel them eventually at FW, too. I just think it would be very boring and your money better spent elsewhere. DISCLAIMER: I Hope I haven't offended any Segway Touring enthusiast(s) and the preceding was only my opinion, and may not reflect the opinion of the owner's of this site.

Quote:
See I remembered that you don't like connecting doors And that you had three reservations!
You are the BEST and thank you for taking all those Omega 3's

Quote:
We will have to work on that. It will be nice to finally sit and relax with you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Yes, I saw it and was very happy and relieved! Thank you so much for finding out. I really did not want to even consider changing resorts!
Looking forward to your TR and photos. Sorry the CA Grill was such a disappointment. I have read other not so great reviews since the renovation and was hesitant to include it anyhow. I think we will give Artist Point a try. The only time we have been there before was for a character breakfast. Kind of wish they still had that.
Welcome back, and like I have said before, your attention to everyone here is amazing!!
Awww, thank you for your kind comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
We checked in late last night...I love it! We have Woods View room #2110, which is literally just a few steps off the lobby, near the Mercantile. This is perfect for us since we have a stroller. More later!
I hope you're still enjoying your stay. Bundle up tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgrammy View Post
I have been enjoying this thread! Our trip is in April to celebrate my retirement. We haven't stayed at WL for 10 years. It is my favorite - recent trips have been with kids and grandkids so we stayed at values (love the themes there for the grandkids). Our plan is basically having very few plans. No real schedule. We did reserve the Wild Africa Trek. I'll be working my way through the 31 pages! Can't wait.
Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your upcoming retirement. There are plenty of nooks and crannies to do absolutely nothing in at WL! I would recommend scheduling your FP+ as this will guarantee you a set time for up to 3 attractions per day at one park. Then the rest of the day can be by the seat of your pants or seated on your pants, you're retired so you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessekrus View Post
Phew! Just finished reading 31 pages.

We are headed to WL from Feb 16-18 with my in-laws, and hopefully my SIL, Niece and Nephew, although that part is still a little up in the air.

We go all the time (usually twice a year) with my parents, who are DVC members, but this will be my first time with my DH's parents.

DH parents are Florida residents, but MIL doesn't really get Disney. When I proposed this short trip with them, before we meet my parents at BCV on the 18th, she initially said no. But then, when my nephew expressed his interest in going to Disney too, she said she would consider it. Because I have an annual pass, I was able to get us discounted room rates, which made it more appealing to her as well.

I am so excited to stay at the WL. I haven't stayed there since I was 9, although my family has gone back to visit and have meals and visit the campground at the holidays. Since I haven't stayed at an MK resort in forever (we have always stayed at the Epcot resorts for the last 15 years), this thread has been super helpful. I am so excited about possibly seeing the fireworks from the Poly beach (after dinner one night), and being able to see the EMP which I haven't seen since I was a kid.

My in-laws and SIL have standard view rooms (weren't willing to pay for anything else), but I upgraded myself and my two girls to a woods view with bunk beds (which they will LOVE) after reading about it on here. Thank you Kook for creating this super informative thread!

I am a little concerned by the monorail shutdown... one of the things I was hoping to do was hop the boat to the CR, and then hop on the monorail to the Poly or Grand Floridan for a meal or two. When the monorails are down, what would be the best plan to get to the Poly? Boat to MK and then bus to Poly?

Timing-wise - if I want to get to MK for an 8am EMH, how early should I be at the boat dock? is 7:30 enough time? I am so used to planning from the Beach Club, that this WL planning is throwing me for a loop. Plus, since I will only have 2 full days with my in-laws (both of which will be super crowded), I want to make sure we hit the highlights, but don't want to rush them around. We went in October, so I have some experience with FP+, but that was when FP- was still useable, and there was no tiering at Epcot.

But I am very, very excited. I think I enjoy the planning almost as much as the trip itself.
I'm glad you made it through all 31 pages and welcome to the thread! I hope you found the Transportation section with all the bus, boat, monorail and early ADR info. Happy planning and I'll add you to the Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridisneyfan9 View Post
Hello!

Welcome and happy birthday early! I'll note your dates in the Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Congrats School starts back up for me tomorrow I took 2 much needed months off....back to the grind

So glad you had a little break and now you're refreshed and ready to take on more grad. school, with a smattering of planning and changing thrown in for good measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Rescue from page two!

Quote:
We're pleased to have you join us and let us know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgscott View Post

Thanks!!
Welcome to the thread and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkdea View Post
We are booked for May 3-9 for my girls' first trip to WDW! So excited! I have never stayed at the WL before.
YIPPEE! You're going to love the Lodge and I'll add you to the Lodgers' Log.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #479
RedheadRinger
Mouseketeer

Hairdryers

I know that some of you won't think that this is a strange question but, are the hairdryers in the rooms very powerful? I have thick curly hair and it makes a difference to me. Also, are they the ones that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it running.
I would try to go back and read up but I have been on the phone all day trying to rebook my cancelled Jet Blue flight tomorrow.
UGH
Old 01-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #480
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Doing my research!!! In Dining section on the first page~with the wonderful photos....is that coffee cream in the fridge/cooler section down low by the milk?? We are hoping so. Can anyone confirm if they have coffee cream to purchase there (not powder)
Half & Half is sold at The Mercantile:

And, there is creamer at Roaring Fork:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadRinger View Post
I know that some of you won't think that this is a strange question but, are the hairdryers in the rooms very powerful? I have thick curly hair and it makes a difference to me. Also, are they the ones that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it running.
I would try to go back and read up but I have been on the phone all day trying to rebook my cancelled Jet Blue flight tomorrow.
UGH
That's not a strange question to me. Actually, the hair dryers are powerful. I have long hair and it dries very quickly. It actually seems better than my home dryer. The hair dryers are detached and look just like this:

Have a wonderfully warm vacation!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: