Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #451
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I honestly see no way you could regret it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Well, it's the Big Online Checkin Debate!!!!

I have never done it at our BC stays, I did do it at our Poly stay this past July, and now I am wondering if I should or should not do it at our WL stay???
Go ahead and do it because it won't impact any requests you've already added to your reservation. Just make sure any requests are already in your reservation. You'll be able to input credit card info. which will save you from doing that at check-in. That's really the only advantage to doing OCI and it makes your trip seem closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
This Port Orleans French Quarter gal just booked her Dec 2014 trip for Wilderness Lodge - courtyard view. I am so excited to do a holiday trip and wanted to be closer to the MK during this time. Hoping to get some great tips from this thread and soooo looking forward to staying there. I am have been thinking about it for a few years and finally made the step!
Welcome POFQ Gal! You are going to love your CV room!!! Just make sure to request a WL or INNER CV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmg View Post
4 more sleeps!! Getting the clothes rounded up for packing...

Here's hoping the WL is ready for us!!
Hope you're having a great vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Only OKW has full sized washer and dryer. All the others have stackables, so not full sized. In a one bedroom, there is sometimes no balcony off the bedroom, just the living room. The sleeper sofa in the living room is queen sized.

The one bedroom is worth it for the king sized bed alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasmom View Post
We are leaving in about 4 hours, driving g for 6 and then spend the night in a hotel right outside Orlando only to wake up, drive 20 minutes to arrive at the happiest place on earth!!!

I have planned, counted days like crazy, planned more and its FINALLY here

You're there! It's here! YIPPEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I hear you!

We drive down to Port Canaveral on Wednesday and we just started packing. We need to pack for the 1-night at Port Canaveral, 3 nights on the cruise and 7 nights at WDW. I'm playing luggage tetris.

Plus packing for a winter trip is hard! I need to bring stuff for 78 degrees and for 48 degrees. Not fun.
Are you packed yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Ok... so thanks to all of your help and information on this board I think we are set to book WL CL in July for 8 nights!!!!!!!!! This will be our first stay at the WL! Super excited!!
Let us know when it's official and I can add you to our Lodgers' Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post

KOOK- I was considering CA Grill as one of our splurge dinners, so I am looking forward to your review. I want to be very careful about where we spend money on food- we will be a party of 5 this trip! With the new policy, I am going to "plan" more QS than TS anyhow, but I definitely want a few nice sit-downs and we have wonderful memories of eating there and watching the fireworks. Hope your trip has been very magical!!
I'm sorry to report that we've removed CA Grill from our must-do list. We used to visit every trip, but since their recent rehab, it was very disappointing. I'll go into more detail in my TR, but basically, the service was horrible and amateurish and the menu is meh. It seems they are only selling a view and wine now and no longer fine dining and service. But, if you want the view and/or TONS of wine options, it's still the place to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina1124 View Post
If I wanted to request deluxe room on 6th floor, is there a certain room number that would have a good courtyard view?
The only Deluxe room on the 6th floor with a CV is #6123. It is directly below the Presidential Suite in the South Wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
Just booked our first WL stay, March 17th-22nd. We booked a Courtyard View at a great price with our military discount. Thank you for all of the great info in this thread!
Congratulations and I'll add you to the Log. Isn't the 40% off WONDERFUL?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolann210 View Post
FP+ selections made and online check in complete! Yay! I can't believe it will be only 61 short days until our first stay at the VWL. Decided on "near elevator" and "higher floor" for room preference as part of online checkin. Thanks to all the great info here! Super excited!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Just a reminder that OCI is very limiting for room location requests and some choices may not even be relevant to your specific booked category. Make sure that if you have any other requests, that you call to have them added to your reservation. Both called-in and OCI requests will appear for the Room Assignor to see.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #452
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Happy New Year to you too KOOK . Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to read your TR .
Hope you can be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Yessssss, can't wait to hear all about your trip. I'm sure it was absolutely dreadful and won't make me want to stay at WL CL again, at all.
I should probably not talk up the OFC as much so that it'll remain our little secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Sooooo happy your Christmas wishes were as magical as you hoped.
Maybe next year..... Just maybe.... .
Are you scheming, umm, planning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
Can't wait to read your TR, Kook!

We leave in 48 hours and I STILL haven't packed a thing. ::faints:: As soon as this rose parade is off, I'm on it!
I bet you've not only packed by now, but unpacked, too. Can't wait to hear about your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewHouTx View Post
Thanks for the welcome and the info, appreciate it very much!
You're welcome and anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Happy New Year!!

Can't believe we will be at WDW and the WL THIS MONTH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Happy New Year!! Nice photo.

So glad we got to see it in person this year
I can't believe we missed each other by an hour or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellsmomma View Post
I'll be there the 18-26!
YIPPEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Happy New Year to all! Time to make my way over to this thread since our trip is set in stone (I think) Beautiful picture Candance (Mousemommy)! It's even better in person, isn't it?! Thanks Kook for the info on the bike/running path. Going to rent bikes while at FW - or at least DS and I will. Not sure my younger ones could make it that far - FW to WL). Did you mention a TR is in your near future???? Want to read all about your club level escapades, for sure.

Heather
You THINK the trip is set in stone? Or is it more like it's set in chalk? Where else are you contemplating staying so I can talk you out of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Well, so it is! Not sure how I missed that. Nice picture Kook

My dates are June 3-14. We leave on Tuesday, June 3rd and head to FW cabins - one of my favorite places to do nothing . Hubby is coming down on Friday. Then on the 7th we venture over to the WL. Looking forward to trying out their CL and the "new" rooms. When we were there last, the bedding was that dark green and kind of dated.

Now back to the UCF game
Do nothing? You? Not possible. There is so much to do at FW. Have you guys gone horseback riding or done the archery experience yet? There's an hour right there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chykov View Post
We will be arriving on January 26 and staying through Feb 2. Deluxe Room Club Level!!!
Welcome to the DIS and the WL/VWL thread. What a fantastic room and I'll add you to our Lodgers' Log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery222184 View Post
Working from home today due to the snow so it gave me a chance to check out all the wonderful pictures!

KOOK - Congrats on that upgrade, what a way to make a fantastic stay even better!

I'll have to live through everyone's trip reports until we return in late October!! CAN'T WAIT
Happy Snow Day and October will be here before you know it. Everyone here will help make the time go by faster
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #453
CAHarwell
Mouseketeer

Hooray! Magical experience booked!

We are booked at WL October 4-12! Kind of an early birthday present for DH (October 21)! DS will be 8 - last WDW trip (stayed at the GF) he was 3. Needless to say, he is excited Our TA put in our request for 6th floor Otter pond view room. Was that a good choice? Counting the many, many days until our trip.....
Old 01-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #454
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHarwell View Post
We are booked at WL October 4-12! Kind of an early birthday present for DH (October 21)! DS will be 8 - last WDW trip (stayed at the GF) he was 3. Needless to say, he is excited Our TA put in our request for 6th floor Otter pond view room. Was that a good choice? Counting the many, many days until our trip.....
Welcome to the thread and the DIS! I'll add you to the Log. Looks like you're booked in a Woods View room and the North Wing (Otter Pond area) is a popular request. Some request the 5th floor because some of the 6th floor rooms have solid balcony railings that you have to be standing to see over. All of the 7th floor (CL) rooms are like this and we don't mind, but your DS may be frustrated if he's not tall enough and has to kneel in a chair in order to look over the balcony.

Your DS will have lots to see and do at WL and next door at FW, too. Happy planning!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #455
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Well Kook, you've been quite busy today replying to all the WL peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You THINK the trip is set in stone? Or is it more like it's set in chalk? Where else are you contemplating staying so I can talk you out of it
No more contemplating....set in stone. After visiting the Poly again last week, it briefly crossed my mind to make a change. However....it quickly passed when I remembered the construction that would be taking place. Hubby also reminded me ever so gently that he's footing the bill and the WL it shall be So that discussion is over

Quote:
Do nothing? You? Not possible. There is so much to do at FW. Have you guys gone horseback riding or done the archery experience yet? There's an hour right there!!
"Nothing" is such a subjective word Totally thought about the archery...however DS6 and a bow don't always work well around our house; windows get shattered which in turn makes dad a very unhappy camper. Thinking about the Segway tour (if it's still offered). Someone told me they stopped doing the Segway at EP.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 01-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #456
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome back to the thread and I hope your knee is feeling better. Yes, it was a very big bucket of pixie dust

Our favorite CL room is 7127 in the South Wing. It is next to the Presidential Suite and doesn't have a connecting door or a room on one side. We love the location, but it isn't perfect for everyone. It does have a housekeeping room next to it and sometimes the carts hit the wall of the room (during the day). You can also hear the elevator whirring, but we prefer it over hearing other people.

In the North Wing, the mirror image room is 7035. These are the only two non-suite CL rooms that have a view facing straight out towards the courtyard, geyser and Bay Lake, similar to a Bear Face room, but off to the side. This is the view from 7127:

See I remembered that you don't like connecting doors And that you had three reservations!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #457
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I can't believe we missed each other by an hour or two

We will have to work on that. It will be nice to finally sit and relax with you guys.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #458
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Snow day here today and extra crispy outside, (though DD's school is still out for Christmas break until Monday). Great day to stay inside and finally catch-up on multi-quoting for 3 threads and my post-vacation to-do list. I'm about 8 pages behind here so bear with me while I respond in small batches.

It's probably obvious, but our Christmas at WL/WDW was truly magical and just about perfect. I can't recommend WL/VWL enough at Christmastime. It will make you feel the spirit of the holidays and a stroll next door to FW will absolutely make you feel like you must be at the North Pole. The decorations are truly amazing and the spirit of Christmas is everywhere.

I have a TR to start and many new photos.

Hope you saw the VWL rehab update I posted yesterday and thank you so much for your kind comments.

Yes, I saw it and was very happy and relieved! Thank you so much for finding out. I really did not want to even consider changing resorts!
Looking forward to your TR and photos. Sorry the CA Grill was such a disappointment. I have read other not so great reviews since the renovation and was hesitant to include it anyhow. I think we will give Artist Point a try. The only time we have been there before was for a character breakfast. Kind of wish they still had that.
Welcome back, and like I have said before, your attention to everyone here is amazing!!
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Old 01-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #459
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

We checked in late last night...I love it! We have Woods View room #2110, which is literally just a few steps off the lobby, near the Mercantile. This is perfect for us since we have a stroller. More later!

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #460
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We checked in late last night...I love it! We have Woods View room #2110, which is literally just a few steps off the lobby, near the Mercantile. This is perfect for us since we have a stroller. More later!
That is near the room we had on our last trip. It was a great location.

I hope you get some warm weather.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM   #461
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Yes, I saw it and was very happy and relieved! Thank you so much for finding out. I really did not want to even consider changing resorts!
Looking forward to your TR and photos. Sorry the CA Grill was such a disappointment. I have read other not so great reviews since the renovation and was hesitant to include it anyhow. I think we will give Artist Point a try. The only time we have been there before was for a character breakfast. Kind of wish they still had that.
Welcome back, and like I have said before, your attention to everyone here is amazing!!
We really liked Artist Point on our last visit in September. My wife makes all the ADRs, but I think we chose that over Cali Grill for our April AKL trip, we'll have a car for the first time in a long time, so we'll have the flexibility to go wherever we want. AP and a lodge visit sounds like a good way to spend an evening.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #462
Disgrammy
Earning My Ears

I have been enjoying this thread! Our trip is in April to celebrate my retirement. We haven't stayed at WL for 10 years. It is my favorite - recent trips have been with kids and grandkids so we stayed at values (love the themes there for the grandkids). Our plan is basically having very few plans. No real schedule. We did reserve the Wild Africa Trek. I'll be working my way through the 31 pages! Can't wait.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #463
princessekrus
Mouseketeer

Phew! Just finished reading 31 pages.

We are headed to WL from Feb 16-18 with my in-laws, and hopefully my SIL, Niece and Nephew, although that part is still a little up in the air.

We go all the time (usually twice a year) with my parents, who are DVC members, but this will be my first time with my DH's parents.

DH parents are Florida residents, but MIL doesn't really get Disney. When I proposed this short trip with them, before we meet my parents at BCV on the 18th, she initially said no. But then, when my nephew expressed his interest in going to Disney too, she said she would consider it. Because I have an annual pass, I was able to get us discounted room rates, which made it more appealing to her as well.

I am so excited to stay at the WL. I haven't stayed there since I was 9, although my family has gone back to visit and have meals and visit the campground at the holidays. Since I haven't stayed at an MK resort in forever (we have always stayed at the Epcot resorts for the last 15 years), this thread has been super helpful. I am so excited about possibly seeing the fireworks from the Poly beach (after dinner one night), and being able to see the EMP which I haven't seen since I was a kid.

My in-laws and SIL have standard view rooms (weren't willing to pay for anything else), but I upgraded myself and my two girls to a woods view with bunk beds (which they will LOVE) after reading about it on here. Thank you Kook for creating this super informative thread!

I am a little concerned by the monorail shutdown... one of the things I was hoping to do was hop the boat to the CR, and then hop on the monorail to the Poly or Grand Floridan for a meal or two. When the monorails are down, what would be the best plan to get to the Poly? Boat to MK and then bus to Poly?

Quote:
Will return later to multi-quote

Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.
AllEars
Timing-wise - if I want to get to MK for an 8am EMH, how early should I be at the boat dock? is 7:30 enough time? I am so used to planning from the Beach Club, that this WL planning is throwing me for a loop. Plus, since I will only have 2 full days with my in-laws (both of which will be super crowded), I want to make sure we hit the highlights, but don't want to rush them around. We went in October, so I have some experience with FP+, but that was when FP- was still useable, and there was no tiering at Epcot.

But I am very, very excited. I think I enjoy the planning almost as much as the trip itself.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #464
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

The boats were running so great during our holiday trip..Never had to wait very log for one. You can get a boat from MK to poly...I am guessing during the monorail down time boats might be uped to help out with this very situation.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #465
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's probably obvious, but our Christmas at WL/WDW was truly magical and just about perfect. I can't recommend WL/VWL enough at Christmastime. It will make you feel the spirit of the holidays and a stroll next door to FW will absolutely make you feel like you must be at the North Pole. The decorations are truly amazing and the spirit of Christmas is everywhere.
Glad you had an amazing Christmas stay (although I knew you would ). I agree about the WL being truly magical. It's amazing any time of year, but especially so during the holidays .

Quote:
It's one present I would NEVER return
I hear you on that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHarwell View Post
You're going to love the WL .

Quote:
Hope you're having a great time .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: