Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #286
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This was the last weekend before we leave for WL, so lots to do. We packed toiletries, etc… last weekend and clothes yesterday. I didn't think I would overpack, but I'm seeing quite a wide temperature variance between morning and night so while capris/shorts might be fine during the day, they might not be so great at night. I'm so glad we drive so I can always squeeze in extras. We're all very excited to be arriving Sunday
The weather has been rather unpredictable lately. I hope all the plans go smoothly and your trip is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
We also have decided that this being our first holiday in the World to uphold as many of our traditions as possible form home - stockings will be hung and we have our matching pajamas for Christmas Day - not only will this help out with the spirit but loose fitting pants are very important as I had my appendix out Sunday morning ( a week before our trip!!) - they are saying I can still go, but will need to take it easy a little bit.
Your plans sound great. I like the idea of the pajamas for Christmas. I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APiratesLifeForMe2 View Post
Here now. Checked in this morning at 8:30 and rooms were ready. Paid for standard and ended up with beautiful pool views!! One major issue is our magic bands are messed up and linked to wrong people. They told us the only way to fix it is to rebook our whole package. We have to wait until the rest of the family arrives (in-laws were delayed due to de-icing the plane) to do so. I'm afraid of loosing our fast pass plus ride reservations and dining reservations. Fingers crossed it works out and doesn't take forever. Front desk staff is so kind though- I know hey will take care of us. Love this place!!!! I have a love hate relationship with our magic bands.
You should be safe with the ADR's, since those aren't tied to a resort reservation. I really hope the rest of the problems get fixed and you don't lose your fp+'s.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #287
nimbuscat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Hi! So We are a moderate hotel family (budget reasons) but would love to stay at the WL. My question is..... Would it be worth it to stay my planned 7 nights in A mod - the whole package (DDP, WP&More & 6 park days) and to just end it with ONE xtra night at WL (room only)? Any thoughts? This is really my dream resort -
I personally would find it too much hassle to move resorts for just one night...but many people do it and don't seem to mind at all!

Disneyland (day trip) - March 2005
Walt Disney World (off-site) - April 1997, July 1992
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #288
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
Keep us posted on your MagicBands! I am terrified the same will happen to us!
They rebooked our whole package and tried the bands again but still no luck. Even the old key cards won't work. They said this is the first time their system has given them these errors. They gave us 3 fast pass vouchers and temporary park keys and told us to check back later. I'll keep you updated.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #289
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbuscat View Post
Keep us posted on your MagicBands! I am terrified the same will happen to us!
They rebooked our whole package and tried the bands again but still no luck. Even the old key cards won't work. They said this is the first time their system has given them these errors. They gave us 3 fast pass vouchers and temporary park keys and told us to check back later. I'll keep you updated.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #290
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Hi! So We are a moderate hotel family (budget reasons) but would love to stay at the WL. My question is..... Would it be worth it to stay my planned 7 nights in A mod - the whole package (DDP, WP&More & 6 park days) and to just end it with ONE xtra night at WL (room only)? Any thoughts? This is really my dream resort -
We struggle with the cost of WL too, and have found that booking Standard view helps make it less of a jump over the moderates. Others disagree, but we prefer a cheaper room in a nicer resort over an upgraded room at a moderate.

As far as whether it would be worth switching for one night,that is a very personal decision. Some people would be too disrupted by having to pack all of their things and move for only one night, while others would enjoy just grabbing their stuff and heading to an upgraded resort. We probably wouldn't end up doing it, but we wouldn't rule it out either.

Since WL is your dream resort and you'll be at WDW anyway, we would definitely recommend spending some time there anyway. Hop on a boat from MK and come enjoy a meal, exploring the resort, or just hanging out in the lobby. If we wind up staying elsewhere at WDW, we will have to come "home" to visit.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #291
PamelaKay
DIS Veteran

So very happy

So in 2013 I decided to give other deluxe resorts a chance. I visited the Yacht Club, Polynesian, Boardwalk and Grand Floridian. While I had a wonderful time at all of them, I am so very excited to be going home to the WL in March.

I booked WL for March 14-22 and could not be happier.

Mar 2010 - AKL CL May 2010 - GF CL Nov 2010 - Dec 2010 POFQ and Poly CL
Mar 2011 - BWI, June 2011 CBR one night and split stay between WL and BCOct 2011 - POR and WL
March 2012 WL CL Oct 2012 WL CL and Dec 2012 WL CL
Mar 2013 YC CL, June 2013 Poly CL, Oct 2013 Hard Rock CL BWI CL and
Dec 2013 GF CL
Mar 2014 WL, June 2014 CR CL, and Oct/Nov 2014 WL CL
Old 12-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #292
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a tough one. I've stayed at one of the Port Orleans resorts for my last five to six visits and really enjoy both. I decided I wanted to try the Wilderness Lodge for my December trip next year which will cost an extra 1K over POFQ. Still not sure if I'll actually do it.

I don't know if I'd go through all of the hassle of moving for just one night, maybe two? You may not have access to your room until 3:00 PM and you would need to check out by 11:00 am the next day.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #293
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post

We struggle with the cost of WL too, and have found that booking Standard view helps make it less of a jump over the moderates. Others disagree, but we prefer a cheaper room in a nicer resort over an upgraded room at a moderate.

As far as whether it would be worth switching for one night,that is a very personal decision. Some people would be too disrupted by having to pack all of their things and move for only one night, while others would enjoy just grabbing their stuff and heading to an upgraded resort. We probably wouldn't end up doing it, but we wouldn't rule it out either.

Since WL is your dream resort and you'll be at WDW anyway, we would definitely recommend spending some time there anyway. Hop on a boat from MK and come enjoy a meal, exploring the resort, or just hanging out in the lobby. If we wind up staying elsewhere at WDW, we will have to come "home" to visit.
ThankYou for your opinion
Old 12-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #294
catflorida
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone,

I just came back from the Wilderness Lodge club level. I have been coming to Disney World since 1974, with my first stay at age fifteen with my parents at the campground. My second stay was with my husband in 1984 at the Contemporary in a garden wing junior suite (we loved it, but now it is Bay Lake Towers). In the past year we stayed CL at the Grand Floridian in a deluxe king on the second floor, the Boardwalk Inn CL in a deluxe room overlooking the boardwalk, the Wilderness Lodge in room 7127 (superb) and Yacht Club again with a lagoon view. We have cancelled Grand Floridian in April and transferred to Wilderness Lodge. This resort is definitely our favorite for food, relaxation, cast members, etc. I am surprised this has won out over the GF, but it has. I like the relaxation. the bike rides to the campground, the dog park to visit with the dogs, the visit with the horses, the Hoop Dee Doo, the Territory Lounge, and the general atmosphere of the CL lounge at Wilderness Lodge. It was so intimate. At Yacht Club, they did a fantastic job in the evening with a wine bar set up and a bartender pouring drinks and passed hor d'oeuvre. Very elegant, more so than the GF this year. But for over all getting away from it all, and to experience something truly different, the WL wins hands down and I am returning soon. I just love being in the woods for a vacation, very different for Florida.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #295
APiratesLifeForMe2
DIS Veteran

In case anyone wanted an update, we got our working magic bands from the front desk! Everything is fixed and we are all set. For those of you worried, even if you encounter a problem, they will fix it with as minimal hassle to you as possible. The only thing still unresolved is our Christmas party tickets that are not waiting for us like they said. Brandon, Kash and Connie at the front desk have been super helpful so we will check on that tomorrow morning when they are back.

For those of you counting down to your stay here, it's amazing. I found my new Disney home!
Old 12-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #296
bek
Mouseketeer

The berry cobbler at Territory Lounge is marvelous

My family group of 9 arrived at WL on Tuesday December 10. DIL's parents left very early Saturday and the rest of us left on Sunday. I needed 48 hours recuperation before I could write a trip report. Our usual touring group (all with annual passes) is my DH, DIL, 3 grandkids and myself. We loved having DIL's parents with us but it reminded me how overwhelming WDW can be for a first timer. On Saturday my DIL said she felt like she'd gone from 5 children back to 3. DIL's parents had a fabulous time but I was so happy to be free of tour guide responsibilities on Saturday.

A big thank you to all the pre-trip help! After endless agonizing over the great floor plan and aerial views in the first few thread posts, we decided that our group needed 3 rooms in very different areas of the Lodge.

My DH and I were near Otter Pond on the 5th floor (room 5028). DIL, stepson and the two grandsons were on the 4th floor open to the lobby (room 4082). DIL's parents and our granddaughter were on the lobby floor near bus transport (room 2010). DIL's mom used an ECV and her dad toughed it out with a bad hip. So it was a fabulous location suggested by someone in the previous WL thread -- thanks! The location is very convenient the Mercantile, lobby and buses. Also room 2010 did not open directly onto the walking path. It had a tiny little yard with big bushes giving it a sense of enclosure.

My DIL was originally scheduled for a Woods View room but wanted the open lobby view so much, the check-in people were kind enough to downgrade her (and refund us) to a standard view room. It is a bunkbed room, so my 4 and 6 year old grandsons loved that. They did see some of the higher fireworks from MK. They weren't bothered by the murmur from the lobby. There is also 2 rocking chairs just outside the room that got lots of use from everyone in that room.

The Otter Pond room is exceptionally convenient to Roaring Fork. However it is a walk to the lobby. We were worried about overlooking the Villas with the South side Woods View rooms that aren't open to the lobby, so we requested the Otter Pond. But would probably request the South side upper floors for a future trip. We did see fireworks from our room, which was very nice.

Both my DH and DIL now rank this as their favorite Disney resort. I love AKL so much, I would have to tie WL and AKL. WL was a comfortable and fun place for the grandkids (almost 8, 6 and 4). They loved the pool and pool slide. All the adults found WL relaxing and beautiful. The lobby was a wonderful place to gather for our 3 room family group. So I would highly recommend WL for anyone with a large family group.

We did not try Artist Point. We did eat at Whispering Canyon and it was fabulous for my very active grandkids. I thought WC's food was good but I do prefer food that is a bit more exotic. Territory Lounge had wonderful light dining and a very much needed glass of wine to go with the Berry Cobbler. The grandkids stayed with their dad in the room while the rest of us had some quiet adult time at Territory Lounge. Roaring Fork was ok food -- I agree with a previous poster that the menu could use some expansion and so could the space. Dining is where AKL earns its tie for me -- Sanaa, Boma and Jiko are my favorite restaurants at WDW. I also love watching the animals on the Savannah. But I wouldn't protest too much if I get out voted by my DH and DIL and we return to WL on a future visit.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #297
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

About 5 1/2 weeks until our first WL stay!!

Does anyone know the current ME drop off order?? I know it changes from time to time. The last time we stayed at the GF the bus stopped at the WL first, then CR, then Poly, then GF. Hoping it's in that order!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #298
williamscm3
Mouseketeer

Hi all! We are planning for a December 2014 trip to WL(first week of December) and I was wondering how far out can we call to actually book the room? Is it hard to get a reservation at the lodge in December? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #299
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

You can reserve a room now for December 2014, I booked mine about 2 weeks ago. Only 353 more days to go!

Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #300
rebeccam31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamscm3 View Post
Hi all! We are planning for a December 2014 trip to WL(first week of December) and I was wondering how far out can we call to actually book the room? Is it hard to get a reservation at the lodge in December? Thanks!
We'll be there that week. I already have ours booked, so you can book now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: