Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

WONDERS OF THE LODGE ART AND ARCHITECTURAL TOUR

Wednesday - Saturday from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Meets near the WL lobby fireplace. FREE and open to all ages. Reservations not accepted.

MORE INFORMATION

RANGER JACK, YOUR TRUSTY TOUR GUIDE:

LET'S WALK OVER TO THE VILLAS AND THE CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM:

BACK TO THE LODGE AND TERRITORY LOUNGE:

THE CEILING:

NEXT DOOR AT ARTIST POINT:

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

RECREATION

TETON BOAT AND BIKE RENTAL LOCATED AT THE MARINA rents boats, Sea Raycers, bikes, and offers fishing excursions. The marina is located right next to a scenic trail leading to FORT WILDERNESS where guests can also participate in horseback riding, pony rides, carriage rides, wagon rides, campfire sing-a-long, Meadows and Pioneer Hall playgrounds, archery, Segway tours and more boat and fishing activities. Passholder and DVC member discounts available.

THE SILVER CREEK SPRINGS-WILDERNESS LODGE POOL has lifeguards on duty usually from 10 a.m. - 11 p.m., but this can change seasonally or during inclement weather. There are two hot tubs located at the WL pool and one located at the VWL pool. The WL pool and hot tubs are now closed when a lifeguard is not present, while the VWL pool and hot tub remain open. The pools are heated in the winter, but it can be chilly, especially when getting out. Cabana rentals are not offerred at this time.

While swimming in Bay Lake is not permitted, THE BEACH offers many chairs for lounging and is seldom crowded. A small playground sits on the beach.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:37 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
WDWKOOK

STURDY BRANCHES HEALTH CLUB

Located inside the VWL lobby. Free of charge to all WL/VWL guests and available 24 hours a day with your room key. Sauna and showers available.

NEW FLOORING IN 2012:

MASSAGES

Relax with a personalized massage designed to rejuvenate your body and soothe your mind. For additional relaxation, a sauna is available on site. DVC member and Passholder discounts available.

Swedish Massage
Lose yourself to the stimulating kneading techniques and long strokes of this traditional massage designed to increase circulation, soothe tired muscles and awaken the body.

50 min / $115
80 min / $175

Custom Firm Pressure Massage
Relieve built-up tension with this moderate-to-firm massage, boasting various techniques that penetrate the muscles and transport you to a more serene place.

50 min / $125
80 min / $180

In-Room Massage
Swedish massages are also offered in Guest rooms.

50 min / $185
80 min / $250

Rejuvenating Citrus Facial
Firm and revitalize your skin with a custom blend of tangy citrus fruits, flowers and herbs selected to match your skin type. The extracts and juices of these vitamin-rich native fruits will give your skin a total feeling of rejuvenation.

50 min / $125

Please note that prices and services are subject to change without notice. Gratuities are not included in the above prices.

Scheduling an Appointment
Appointments are strongly recommended. Please call (407) WDW-SPAS or (407) 939-7727 as far in advance as possible to schedule a session or press the massage/health club/spa button on your in-room phone.

Spa Policies
Guests choosing to cancel or modify an existing appointment must do so a minimum of 4 hours from their scheduled treatment time. No-shows, cancellations or modifications made within the 4-hour window will be charged the price of the full treatment.

Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult during spa treatments.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
WDWKOOK

The villas underwent a rehab which was completed at the end of March 2014. Links to photos and more details are in POST 2.

801 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 824-3200
Opening Date: November 2000

Check-in at WL after 4
Check-out before 11

2014 VWL RACK RATES WITH TAX

Map courtesy of TheLodgeLady

There are 136 Villas that include Studios, 1 and 2 Bedroom Villas. VWL is connected to WL by a covered walkway that extends from the side door near the Mercantile to the lobby of VWL.

STUDIO VILLAS are 356 square feet and have one queen bed and a full size sleeper sofa. There is a small dining table with two chairs, TV, and bathroom. Also included are a microwave, coffee maker, under the counter refrigerator, ceiling fan, wet bar, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner, and a highchair and playpen. There is also a private porch/balcony. The Studio Villa can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults and one child under 3 in a crib. While there isn't a washer and dryer in the Studio, self-service laundry facilities can be found in the VWL on the ground floor near room 1509. If you are staying at the Villas they are free, but you need your room key to enter the laundry room.

VWL STUDIO AND TWO BEDROOM VILLA PHOTOS COURTESY OF SAINTSTICKETS ARE LOCATED HERE.

ONE BEDROOM VILLAS are 814 square feet and have one bedroom with a king size bed and its own whirlpool tub, TV and a living room which has a queen size sleeper sofa, and TV, one full bathroom with a sink/vanity area and jacuzzi tub, a fully equipped kitchen which includes a refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, dining area with table and four chairs, stacked washer and dryer, hair dryer, a walk-in closet, as well as a smaller closet, and a private balcony or patio which includes two chairs and a small table. The One Bedroom Villa can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults and one child under 3 in a crib.

TWO BEDROOM VILLAS are 1,080 square feet and are a Studio Villa and a One Bedroom Villa that are connected by a door. (See room descriptions above.) The mastersuite has a king size bed and the additional bedroom has two queen size beds. The living room has a queen size sleeper sofa. The Two-Bedroom Villa will accommodate eight adults, plus one child under the age of 3 in a crib.

POST-REHAB TWO-BEDROOM VIDEO
Link courtesy of JPDtheJD

CASH RESERVATIONS (for those not staying on points) can be booked by anyone and applicable discounts may be applied. Cash reservations receive daily housekeeping. Those staying on points receive the following:

HOUSEKEEPING ON POINTS

Trash & Towel Service:

For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service:

For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play:

All accommodations offer daily housekeeping service with a 24-hour notice and an additional fee.

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

Laundry Detergent, $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: ADDED LINK TO TWO-BEDROOM VILLA VIDEO
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
WDWKOOK

CAROLWOOD PACIFIC ROOM

Walt Disney loved steam trains and the Wilderness Lodge is home to some art, photographs, replicas, and actual artifacts from Walt's hobby and Disney World's earliest years.

In the Carolwood Pacific Room (formerly the Iron Spike Room), which is in a corner of the VWL lobby, you can play chess and checkers by the fireplace or learn more about Walt Disney's favorite hobby. Two of the most intriguing pieces of history in this room are the two train cars, donated by Walt's daughter. The cars actually come from Walt's own backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific Railroad. Walt used to pull these cars behind his own American 4-4-0 engine named "Lilly Belle" after his wife. You can see the Carolwood Pacific logo on the cars.

~MORE PHOTOS

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
WDWKOOK

CHRISTMAS 2013

Decorations begin going up the week prior to Thanksgiving Week. In 2013, the Christmas tree went up on 11/19.

ALLEARS 2013 WL/VWL DECORATIONS SLIDESHOW
Link courtesy of crazy4wdw

DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE…

THE VILLAS AT DISNEY'S WILDERNESS LODGE…

THE OLD FAITHFUL CLUB…

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 06-20-2014 at 05:15 AM. Reason: ADDED ACTUAL CHRISTMAS PHOTOS!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Wow! Awesome job as usual Kook!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #23
reagansdaddy
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Thank you Kook!

Kook -

I think this is an appropriate place to say thanks for all you do here in the WL thread and on the Dis board in general. Many vacations, including mine, have been enhanced because of your efforts.

Please accept this small token of appreciation - - for the many hours you have spent doing this - - to answer our questions!

With gratitude,
ReagansDaddy
Old 11-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #24
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Great Job Kook! I'm glad to be in on your great source of WL info, keep up the great work!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Wonderful thread .... as usual!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #26
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Wow! Awesome job as usual Kook!
Thanks for the kind words and thank you for always helping to answer questions on all my threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansdaddy View Post
Kook -

I think this is an appropriate place to say thanks for all you do here in the WL thread and on the Dis board in general. Many vacations, including mine, have been enhanced because of your efforts.

Please accept this small token of appreciation - - for the many hours you have spent doing this - - to answer our questions!

With gratitude,
ReagansDaddy

It is with sincere thanks that I accept your small token - it's going on my virtual mantle. Yours has to be the best second post to one of my threads ever. Thank you so much, ReagansDaddy. It's great to read that my thread(s) may have helped people in their planning and helped them enjoy the resort from the comfort of their home, office, car, catamaran, etc… Keep those questions coming - we all learn from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
Great Job Kook! I'm glad to be in on your great source of WL info, keep up the great work!
Couldn't do it without you and your vast WL knowledge, (and that great room number map). Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm here! Wonderful thread .... as usual!
Are you sitting or lying down? I hope you're back to your ol' self by now.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #27
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Amazing job, as always kook!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #28
pas130
DIS Veteran

All hail the Queen of Bay Lake
Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #29
iwasdaisy
Mouseketeer

This new thread has me so excited about my first stay at the Lodge!

Summer 2000 College Program
Summer 2007 BW with DH
Beach Club June 2010
WL February 2014
Old 11-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Hello!!

J - you really are amazing!! Thank you for creating this thread and keeping it up to date.

You make it so pleasant to find info. Such detail
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: