Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Need Hard Rock Hotel reviews

I've stayed at RPR several times, but have never even been to HRH. Just for a change, we decided to stay at HRH for a night. What is a good room location to request (standard room)? Any cool things to check out?
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

This may sound silly, but the restroom near the checkout area was beyond impressive.

and walking around, looking at all the memorabilia is pretty cool.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
sandyplayer
Mouseketeer

we stayed a few years ago and loved it, booked for next summer

we are a family of five so it is hard to say if you will like it based on not knowing who is going in your party.....without kids I am not sure if I would pick the HRH

My husband decided it is his fave hotel ever. We are early 40s parents and the music everywhere was amazing, had such a cool vibe....dj for the kids at the pool played so much of our music, parents loved that and he made it fun for the kids with the games

we ate at the pool bar about 3 times, mainly because we never wanted to leave the chaotic party atmosphere, and the food was pretty good, really great rare tuna app...ordered every time...

pool waitresses were great...beer buckets poolside? fun stuff

kids loved it because they ran around the pool area, loved the slide, and DJ Scooter is the coolest resort entertainment ever.....they can't wait to go back

I had asked all if they wanted to stay at another hotel next time to try it and they all looked at me like I was crazy....we are doing Disney too and they didn't mind switching hotels to try something new, but my husband said he had one request for our trip next summer...hard rock hotel

ok, as for rooms, we had a room so far down the hall the walk was a pain, maybe ask to have a room a bit closer to the elevator if you don't want this, we booked a deluxe for next trip, and all those rooms are at the bend of the hallway so we will now only be halfway down the never ending hallway

hope this helps

and if you are all adults, I would go with the Italian themed hotel
sandyplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

HRH is our favorite US hotel by far. We stayed at PBH our 1st trip and liked it ok, but it was very quiet and too boring for our teens. It was also quite a hike to walk to the parks everyday and the boat was always full and did not seem to come often.

We love HRH for it's location. It take about 3-5min walk to US and 7min walk to IOA. It's so easy and so close.

The pool is always fun, lots of people, DJ's, games, plenty of food options and great drinks. We got a cabana this year and it was awesome!

The pool can be crowded in the summer, August 2012 was a mad house. A cabana would have been wonderful. This year Oct 2013 the pool was not crowded at all, but we loved having the cabana.

HRH has very nice rooms. Smallish bathrooms, but still adequate for us. There are no balconies or maybe very few which is a bummer, but that was ok.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

hrh does not have balconies.
neither does rph.

only pbh has some balconies

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
stwyatt
Mouseketeer

we don't do much around the hotel--always at parks or citiwalk--we like it when our room is in the farthest wing from the lobby and on the lowest floors--then you can exit out the emergency door(and re-enter too! with your keycard). it's like a shortcut to the parks
stwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwyatt View Post
we don't do much around the hotel--always at parks or citiwalk--we like it when our room is in the farthest wing from the lobby and on the lowest floors--then you can exit out the emergency door(and re-enter too! with your keycard). it's like a shortcut to the parks
Sounds good, except we'll have my mom on an ECV, so stairs wouldn't work.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: