Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
HorsecollarFan
Earning My Ears

My D23 NIGHTMARE WAS SOLVED! Thanks Disney!

Well well, after all of that, posting to the D23 facebook account got it all sorted! If anyone ever has trouble in the future, GO ON FACEBOOK. They made an international call to me at 8PM their time, they'll do whatever it takes to get to you.

--------------

Sorry if this is the wrong forum; long-time lurker, first time poster. I just had to get this off my chest.

My mom, bless her heart, bought me a D23 Gold membership back in April, for my birthday which is at the end of May. We're Americans living in Australia, so she wanted to make sure the new membership kit had plenty of time to get here. There were delays for some unknown reason, but she contacted them worried about the hold up and they expedited it so it would be here in time...little did we know this was just the harbinger of things to come...

It took me three months alone JUST to get my name in place of my mother's on my account. BUT that's just on my D23 site login! I bought tickets to the Holiday Splendor event a couple weeks ago (event is on the 6th and 7th of Dec) and the purchasing system had my D23 membership number associated with my mom's name. I had to buy the tickets with myself as my own guest, which made me feel really sad. Like I don't even count as a real member.

Furthermore, they never created a matching Disneystore login for me with my D23 email address - and I can't create one myself with that email, every time I try I get the 'something went wrong!' error. I have a Disneystore account already with my old email (which I'm transitioning away from...let's just say it has the word 'sparkle' in it...) but it doesn't have my access to the D23 section of the store. Back when I joined, the Sleeping Beauty and Snow White book pins were still for sale. My favorite princess is Aurora and my Mom's is Snow White; I was going to get them for us as a cool mother-daughter present and a thank-you for the membership. Well it's nearly half a year later and surprise, they don't sell them. Thanks D23.

I've been in an email chain with them the entire time. I can't tell you how many times the people in That Office have reset my password, or instructed me to log in with my old email address to buy things!!

I'm actually feeling a little sick to my stomach at this point. I'm mad about the whole thing but my greatest worry is that I'll show up to pick up my Holiday Splendor tickets with my membership card, my passport (for ID) and my mom's passport, and the ticket guy will turn us away for the member name on the ressie not matching the name on the membership card, even though the ID numbers match. The tickets are 200 bucks each, and we're flying in from the opposite side of the planet to attend! If he turns us away I will be so gutted.

I've tried to remain civil through the whole thing, but I'm really starting to lose it at the D23 staff - said 'damn', wasn't proud of it but I really can't take this anymore - so they said they'd call me. Weeks ago. I said I was on the opposite side of the planet and I was happy to take their call if they were happy to make it, so they kept emailing me. Then four days ago they offered to call me with the same boilerplate email message! I reminded them that I was on the opposite side of the planet, and if they were happy to call me the first time then why didn't they call me then. Well they promised a call 8AM my time/4PM their time; it's been three 8AM's since then. Emailed them yesterday asking what the holdup was, they said they'd call me today for sure. HA HA.

I'm about to do something called an Executive Email Carpet Bomb, where you mass-email a bunch of company execs with your problem. The email list I have is a couple years old, but here's hoping. If I get turned away this December I WILL issue a chargeback, and they'd better make up for this or I won't be renewing my gold membership. As it stands I won't be renewing, this whole thing has been an absolute nightmare and the stress has me nearly in tears writing this out. How can a company this famously good at customer service be this atrocious???

Does anyone have any advice for me??

Last edited by HorsecollarFan; 11-19-2013 at 10:13 PM.
HorsecollarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

Search and search and search for a phone number and go up the chain until you get someone who can help you over the phone. If they won't call you, you need to call them. Once you're on the phone, explain this phone call is costing you money for THEIR mistake and ask for them to make it right.

I'm sorry you are having so many problems.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

Also see if they have a Facebook page. I did that with the Brick with great results.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, d23, failure

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: