Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #91
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Safe travels! Hope you hada. Great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #92
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Have a safe trip!!
Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #93
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Safe travels! Hope you hada. Great time!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you; I had a great time with my family and friends!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #94
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Alright, But You're Missing Out!

After a late lunch at BOG, I was ready to take on the LM ride! (What's the official abbreviation for the LM ride?)

I was swimming along with Flounder, Sebastian, and friends, when I came upon a certain sea witch:

About that time, Flotsam and Jetsam caused some mayhem and we stopped. Stopped solid. Stopped for AWHILE.

It's at this point that I decide to start freaking out a bit. I'm stuck on the ride and watching Ursula over and over and over and I start to panic. I'm claustrophobic almost exclusively in situations where I feel trapped, and as I sit with the drop down bar pressing into my lap, I continue to get more and more nervous. Finally, I text my ex and tell him I am having some issues, hoping the distraction gets me through. Right when I sent the text, the ride started up again. I was NOT getting back on this ride again anytime soon!

My opinion of this "new to me" ride? The queue gets an A; it's so much fun and the theming is truly exceptional. Plus, the line never ever stops, it seems! But the ride itself gets a D+. It's really nothing special to me, and even though TLM is one of my favorite all-time Disney movies, the ride is seriously lacking if you ask me.

Now it's time for more rides. I head over to HM, and am on the ride in 20 minutes. Then, though I hate to pass up Splash, I find myself heading for BTMRR.

It's now almost 4 p.m. and I'm also feeling a bit tired. I have been going non-stop (with a little nap break! ) most of the day and it's finally catching up to me. I get over to BTMRR and pull two FP+ for about two hours away, then jump in line.

For some reason, this queue is the one that I remember most from childhood - it and SM. Maybe it's because we waited in those lines the longest, or the most? I'm not sure, but something about this queue makes me very happy and also makes me feel very young.

I went over to ride POTC.

Crowds are fairly low but lines are still a bit long. I walk through a 15 minute wait for POTC, and at the end I decided not to ride (I was still so full from lunch, I just felt like walking around more. I enjoyed the queue and was ready to bolt). I asked where the chicken exit was.

"Back the way you came," the CM said, pointing at the long, thick line of people behind me.

"Seriously?" I said. "Through all those people?"

"Yup," she said, apparently not caring at all that I didn't want to ride.

"Ok then, I guess I'll ride!" I said, and off I went to row 6.

I was under the impression every ride had a chicken exit. I am no longer under that impression.

My PP FP was now valid, but frankly I was tired of MK for the time being and wanted to head back to my resort. I knew I'd be back the next day and I'd ride whatever I cared to ride then!

I then decided to head to the front of the park and get my AP and my MVMCP tickets from will call. I had put off getting my AP a little bit, as I'd heard it could screw up my FP+, but I needed to get my MVMCP tickets and I needed my AP to do that since I'd gotten the AP pricing. Time to ante up.

I headed to will call at the front of the park. After a very smooth transaction in which I got my new Minnie-Mouse-clad AP and my MVMCP hard ticket (also Minnie!!), I was just about to leave when I looked at my Disney notes in my phone.

There was a yourfirstvisit.net meetup this day, and they were giving away Glow-With-the-Show ears (zomg) to the first five people. The meetup was right outside the confectioners inside the main gate, and I debated. After all, I'd missed the meetup by an hour. I figured I'd just find two people to take my BTMRR FP-s and get outta dodge.

But when I looked at my Disney notes, I saw that I hadn't missed the meetup by an hour! I actually was about 5 minutes early instead! Well that cinched it; I was going to go meet Steve and Dave and talk about yourfirstvisit.net, which I used to plan my first trip back to WDW after a decade not going. I've used the Dis ever since, but still love to read that page.

I arrived just 3 minutes early and met Steve and Dave. They were super friendly, and because I was one of the first to arrive, lookit what I got!

I'm in this picture, listening to everyone chatting.

I was now tired of being cold and the BOG meal had worn off. I wanted a bite to eat and to change into warmer clothes. And with my new GWTS ears, I wanted to go to Osborne Lights! Time to get on a bus and get outta here! I passed my FP- off to a woman who was there with Steve and Dave as a travel agent who sponsored their sites; I asked her to give them to the couple who was talking to Dave currently (turned out to be Josh from easywdw!) and paid it forward, thinking of the new friend who got my the one-bedroom at BWV as I did it!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 12-01-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #95
stasijane
Crazed one

Solo trips are my FAVORITE! Yours sounds fun so far. I had to laugh about the bus situation. That never seems to fail happening to me also.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #96
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Whew! I'm here and all caught up!!

You had some serious bus issues!! We did have trouble at Poly one day with the buses. You would think after all the money you pay to stay in a deluxe that the bus service would be amazing!

Glad you liked your BOG reservation! We loved both of our reservations there and the food is always awesome! I would love to know how they find you as well....it's crazy!!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #97
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I am also claustrophobic when feeling trapped, airplanes sometimes give me panic attacks. I can definitely understand the horrible feeling of being trapped on LM! I'm glad it moved for you before too too long. (And would the abbreviation be UTS:VOTLM ? Because that's still rly long. )
Huh... I thought every ride had a chicken/emergency exit too.
I remember you telling me about the meetup, sounds like fun! And so awesome that you got your GWTS ears too!
Ehhh... hope you didn't have another bad bus experience!
Old 12-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #98
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Glad you had a fun time with your family/friends!!!

Blah @ getting stuck on the ride. I don't *think* that would have bothered me, but I totally understand it. Glad it all worked out.

As for POTC, when we were there in 2008, we were in the queue when the ride broke down. We waited for a while (and didn't really mind because it was HOT outside!) and eventually they let us all out a back exit. IDK if this was considered a chicken exit or not, but I see no reason why they couldn't have let you out that way. Boo.

Hope you didn't get stuck on the bus for too long. You'd think they would have told you that before you got on it

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
Old 12-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #99
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
Solo trips are my FAVORITE! Yours sounds fun so far. I had to laugh about the bus situation. That never seems to fail happening to me also.
I like solo trips too; this one, I ended up getting a little lonely. I was thinking a lot on this trip and came to some conclusions about my life, so the trip was very interesting, personally!

This is my first time ever having such terrible luck with the buses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I am also claustrophobic when feeling trapped, airplanes sometimes give me panic attacks. I can definitely understand the horrible feeling of being trapped on LM! I'm glad it moved for you before too too long. (And would the abbreviation be UTS:VOTLM ? Because that's still rly long. )
Huh... I thought every ride had a chicken/emergency exit too.
I remember you telling me about the meetup, sounds like fun! And so awesome that you got your GWTS ears too!
Ehhh... hope you didn't have another bad bus experience!
I was so relieved when the ride started up; I have a threshold for feeling trapped and the ride stop was starting to approach it! I can keep calm for a while, but being right there by Ursula and hearing those songs over and over was becoming a bit grating. I did start singing for awhile.

The meetup was fun! It was nice to meet the person who owns the site I used to jumpstart my Disney trips after so much time away. Plus, those ears made me so happy the rest of my trip.

More on the bus trip coming up very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Glad you had a fun time with your family/friends!!!

Blah @ getting stuck on the ride. I don't *think* that would have bothered me, but I totally understand it. Glad it all worked out.

As for POTC, when we were there in 2008, we were in the queue when the ride broke down. We waited for a while (and didn't really mind because it was HOT outside!) and eventually they let us all out a back exit. IDK if this was considered a chicken exit or not, but I see no reason why they couldn't have let you out that way. Boo.

Hope you didn't get stuck on the bus for too long. You'd think they would have told you that before you got on it
I thought I'd be fine on a ride stop too; but I can't really judge when I'm going to have a problem until it happens. I've been stopped on other rides and been ok; something about how low that lap bar was made me feel like I couldn't get out if I needed to. I'd have a big problem being stopped on a ride like EE or ToT. I made it through though!

Interesting about POTC! I thought all rides had them, especially with so many scaredykids going through the lines. I didn't really care if I rode or not; I had just enjoyed the queue and wanted to keep strolling instead. Oh well, it's a good ride anyway!

When we were waiting for one group to come up, the bus driver DID say to them when they boarded "Hurry up, the roads are about to close". I thought that was a weird saying; guess I understood more once we started moving and he told us the roads were now closed.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #100
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

All caught up and wow...what a day you were having...3 parks down...1 to go??? Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Sorry about getting stuck on the ride. Glad you liked BOG and looking forward to more.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #101
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Why Aren't There Any Lights?

Edited to add: My previous entry was WRONG; I didn't take the bus to YC this day, I took it the next day. This day, I waited at the BWV bus stop. I now continue with my previously recorded TR.

Once at BWV, I went to my room, admired my ears (along with everyone else, who were watching them change colors - I had several people comment on how cool they were), and changed into a sweater, jacket, and gloves. Yes, folks, it was that cold.

I then walked over to the Swolphin to catch a boat to DHS!

It didn't take long to get over there, but a boat was leaving right before I got there. The chilly wind was pretty awful, but I knew I'd be glad I went so I tightened up my GWTS ears so they didn't blow off and waited.

I was so grateful to get on a boat.

And then I was here!

You could tell how cold everyone was; I felt nice and toasty warm, mostly because of my gloves. I was so glad I'd had the forethought to bring them!

I journeyed through the park and finally got to the Osborne lights. I heard a lot of comments on my ears, and also ended up seeing quite a few of them as well. One CM asked me if I was ok as I approached her; she then said I looked a bit light headed.

I got there right as one of the shows were starting. These lights are just the coolest. I can't imagine how much they cost to run!

It was neat to see all the people with GWTS ears that were pulsing in time to the music. They had a place in there that you could buy them as well.

It was now 6:30 and I was pretty tired, but I wasn't leaving without a ride or two. So where did I go?

Well, first I went to TSMM to see if the line was in the first room. The line was all the way out the door, so I decided not to ride.

For me, that just leaves:

I rode ToT two times through standby; lines were low, <15 minutes per ride, regardless of all the people milling around.

I headed back to BWV via boat; yet another boat was pulling away as I walked up. Everyone was cold and silent, and my part in the line was just off the plank over the water, so I struck up a conversation with the two guys behind me as we speculated whether we'd make it on the next boat (we hoped so!). Then they started talking about my ears and how cool they were, so we discussed GWTS for awhile. Soon after, a boat arrived and we thankfully ended up on it!

Once arriving at BWV, I was STARVING. I had been all over WDW that day but hadn't eaten much at all, regardless of how hungry I was! My biggest meal had been BOG, and that was hours earlier. I walked down the Boardwalk and found the pizza window - I don't eat pizza much in my day to day life, but it sounded DELICIOUS and I hopped in line.

I had already eaten about half of it before I decided to take a picture. It was SO GOOD and this was not the last time in my trip that I'd eat it! (I think it was $4.75 for a very large slice; I got cheese, and it was good good good! You could also order a full pizza.)

It was now after 8. I wandered around the BW a little more and found the market area, where I bought a bag of cool ranch Doritos. Yep, I was waaaay off my normal diet!

I didn't even think about heading to Epcot for the fireworks show; I wasn't thinking clearly by this point. I was too tired. I dragged myself upstairs, put on Stacy, and chilled out in the big jacuzzi tub for awhile before climbing into bed. I heard some loud gunshot-like sounds and for just a moment wondered what the heck was going on - before I realized it was Illuminations at Epcot!

I fell asleep moments after that realization.

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 12-01-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #102
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

"I didn't even think about heading to Epcot for the fireworks show; I wasn't thinking clearly by this point. I was too tired. I dragged myself upstairs, put on Stacy, and chilled out in the big jacuzzi tub for awhile before climbing into bed. I heard some loud gunshot-like sounds and for just a moment wondered what the heck was going on - before I realized it was Illuminations at Epcot!"

- Sounds like a great way to unwind and chill after such a wild day! 4 Parks - 1 Day! Done!!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #103
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

How awesome!!! 4 parks in one day!! One day when my boys are older we will do that!

We were so thankful to have our gloves on our trip as well. It seemed that even when it was chilly, if we just kept our hands warm, our bodies stayed fairly warm as well.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #104
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

Another Clerks quote....

We were at DHS that whole day and were probably looking at the Osborne Lights at about the same time you were. Boy, it was chilly. Not upper midwest cold but "darn, I didn't come to Florida for this kind of weather" cold.

I liked your assessment of TLM ride. I seemed to remember hearing that this was going to be an E-ticket attraction back when they were planning the Fantasyland expansion. Certainly not an E-ticket attraction more like C or D ticket. I don't know if I would have graded this as harsh as a D+ but I don't know if I would have graded it much higher than a low B. I admit the quality of the audio animatronics is probably better than Peter Pan and POTC but it doesn't hold 40 years of nostalgia like those do. I also felt like the ride could have been a bit longer or more involved. Maybe more Ursla? Then again. I'm sure they didn't want a repeat of the Wicked Witch horror house that was the original Snow White ride.

Anyway, great update and I too could drift off to Stacey's voice any night of the week.
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #105
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I messed up on my days - my experience with the YC bus wasn't until Thursday, not Wednesday! I went back and changed it; it will come into play tomorrow - with more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
How awesome!!! 4 parks in one day!! One day when my boys are older we will do that!

We were so thankful to have our gloves on our trip as well. It seemed that even when it was chilly, if we just kept our hands warm, our bodies stayed fairly warm as well.
That's definitely the way it was - warm hands keep you happy! Same with feet - if I have cold toes, I'm cold. It doesn't matter what else is warm, cold hands and feet make you miserable. Gloves are a must-pack for this time of year - just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
"I didn't even think about heading to Epcot for the fireworks show; I wasn't thinking clearly by this point. I was too tired. I dragged myself upstairs, put on Stacy, and chilled out in the big jacuzzi tub for awhile before climbing into bed. I heard some loud gunshot-like sounds and for just a moment wondered what the heck was going on - before I realized it was Illuminations at Epcot!"

- Sounds like a great way to unwind and chill after such a wild day! 4 Parks - 1 Day! Done!!
It was! I loved that tub and was in it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. I filled it up sometimes and just put my feet and calves in.

I rode a major headliner in every park that day; it was a lot of fun, but I was truly beat - as you can tell, since I was in bed at 9 p.m.!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: