Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #76
wrighter
DIS Veteran

How, exactly, does one get pixie dusted? DD would love that. And maybe I would, too.
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Family Reunion at Saratoga Springs
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #77
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
I did not know it was possible to be pixie dusted, but now I will definitely check this out next year when I visit!

I'm glad you had a good experience at BOG. We went there for lunch a year ago, 3 of us, and none of our lunches were very good. Maybe they've worked out the kinks by now. The rooms are very impressive, though.

I'm off to LA, so have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I usually just ask politely, but I think they may automatically ask little girls. So if you have a little girl, maybe take them in there and see.

I am so sorry to hear your lunch wasn't so great!! I was super impressed, so maybe they HAVE worked it out now that it's been open longer. And yes, those rooms are so very, very well done!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
Disney is the safest because ITS DISNEY WORLD!!!!
I've walked from the Wilderness Lodge along the monorail tru back end of the TTC at midnight over to the Poly for a Pineapple Rum Drink…the bar tender looked familiar..this was in 06'..well guess what he was there in 79' when I stayed at the Poly for 59$!!!!!
Being a gal you have to be more on guard for safety. But really WDW is sooo safe. Nobody ever ever has said a word to me about my crazy roaming in every corner at the oddest hours. Like walking along the monorail line at 1am!!! Everything is surveilled. And they are so cool. One time back in 83' I took a speedboat way over to the other end of Bay Lake with my girlfriend(can't boat there anymore booo)... parked it and ran through the orange groves!!! not sure they are still there but we loaded up our shirts with oranges and wham! the patrol stopped up. Felt like silly kids caught stealing candy. The guy just laughed at us and said go back in your boat.."you can't park here"….

I'm surprised January is lower crowds than September!! The crowd calendar says September is mostly # 2…. In January you run the risk of having cold days and in September …too hot! October-Early November Yeah!

I'm new here so I haven't posted 10 posts yet so I can't email you to tell you how to get this great 7 minute movie with my crazy combo last month on dropbox… but…in time I'll post some more.
Only someone like you and my nearest and dearest can appreciate the film.
its a good one as homemade films go!!

Stay warm in Chicago!
Oh wow, walking along the monorail?? Did you walk on the ground?? (I hope!)

It is true that everything is monitored, and extensively. I remember very clearly when I was in high school my dance team went to Nationals and performed at the parks. about a week after we got home, we found out that several teams had been notified that their team members were caught shoplifting on camera and barred from participating again! Talk about embarrassing!

I wonder how much those oranges you and your girlfriend snatched would be worth today. Probably worth something to someone!! A fresh Disney orange! (though I guess it would be rotten by now )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #78
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighter View Post
How, exactly, does one get pixie dusted? DD would love that. And maybe I would, too.
Just go into Castle Couture (I think that's the name; it's the shop to the left when you head out of the castle towards Fantasyland) and ask one of the people working if it's possible you could get pixie dusted. I think they all carry the wands. Fair warning - the pixie dust is very fine, and you do NOT want to have your camera, cell phone, or glasses out while they do it. Make sure someone else is holding them or make sure they're safely stored. You'll never get the dust off if you don't!

I read about it on these boards; it's very sweet.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #79
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

Clerks?
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
March 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 11-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #80
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - BoG FP seems like a VERY good idea! I think your lunch looked really good; I'm glad to hear that it was. We had dinner at BoG, but I think it would be nice to try lunch next time.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #81
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Definitely nothing like your first steps through MK each trip.
I've never heard of getting pixie dusted! How adorable! I need to try that next time!
It WAS cold. I was in a little bit of shock actually.
Glad your BOG FP worked with your phone! What a great place. I love how the food just magically finds you!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #82
tim123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I usually just ask politely, but I think they may automatically ask little girls. So if you have a little girl, maybe take them in there and see.

I am so sorry to hear your lunch wasn't so great!! I was super impressed, so maybe they HAVE worked it out now that it's been open longer. And yes, those rooms are so very, very well done!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Oh wow, walking along the monorail?? Did you walk on the ground?? (I hope!)

It is true that everything is monitored, and extensively. I remember very clearly when I was in high school my dance team went to Nationals and performed at the parks. about a week after we got home, we found out that several teams had been notified that their team members were caught shoplifting on camera and barred from participating again! Talk about embarrassing!

I wonder how much those oranges you and your girlfriend snatched would be worth today. Probably worth something to someone!! A fresh Disney orange! (though I guess it would be rotten by now )
Ha Ha not on top on the ground! I remember feeling like I shouldn't be walking there but then I thought "Its DISNEYWORD!" and I have a room key at the LODGE! Heh its $400 bucks a night.I'm walking to the POLY from point A to point B in the straightest line.
I'm sure the powers that be have the funniest video archives of people smoking a joint and trying to be inconspicuous…shop lifting? thats another story.

I looked on the Goggle Earth to see if I could find those orange groves today.
30 years ago…. we went to Epcot and rode in the nose of the monorail. Nobody there. No 18 hotels. We went to Fultons Crab house which was the only thing on a remote lake in the woods…now its Downtown Disney with six traffic lights!
I remember how wild and undeveloped really all of Orlando was then. When we flew back home over the area and looked down I could see hundreds of miles of tracked out unbuilt lots and remember thinking "whats going on here, this is crazy, there's nobody here, it looks like they are planning for 20 years from now. I was right."

In the 70s it was like being on another planet, you just drove and drove through
swamps and fields and beautiful plant life on this little winding road…No highway then, trough what is now Epcot until the first sign of the Magic Kingdom Entry Gate!! I have very clear memories of that when I was 20.
Its still like that for me once I cross through that arch with Mickey and onto the property…can't imagine 30 or so years from now….how much more can they build before its too much. I think there are enough hotels now.
Have you ever stayed in the Fort Wilderness Cabins? I think they are a great deal for a family…rent a golf cart and you are good to go.
T
Old 11-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #83
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Happy Thanksgiving to you... and your kitty cat!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
Old 11-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Clerks?
Yep! Love that movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Wow - BoG FP seems like a VERY good idea! I think your lunch looked really good; I'm glad to hear that it was. We had dinner at BoG, but I think it would be nice to try lunch next time.
I would recommend lunch, for sure. I went again later in the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Definitely nothing like your first steps through MK each trip.
I've never heard of getting pixie dusted! How adorable! I need to try that next time!
It WAS cold. I was in a little bit of shock actually.
Glad your BOG FP worked with your phone! What a great place. I love how the food just magically finds you!
You SHOULD go get pixie dusted. I love it.

It was TOO cold. I was so sure we'd have great weather the whole time, but that's only because it's what I wanted. haha

I want to know how the food finds you. It was driving me nuts!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #85
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim123 View Post
Ha Ha not on top on the ground! I remember feeling like I shouldn't be walking there but then I thought "Its DISNEYWORD!" and I have a room key at the LODGE! Heh its $400 bucks a night.I'm walking to the POLY from point A to point B in the straightest line.
I'm sure the powers that be have the funniest video archives of people smoking a joint and trying to be inconspicuous…shop lifting? thats another story.

I looked on the Goggle Earth to see if I could find those orange groves today.
30 years ago…. we went to Epcot and rode in the nose of the monorail. Nobody there. No 18 hotels. We went to Fultons Crab house which was the only thing on a remote lake in the woods…now its Downtown Disney with six traffic lights!
I remember how wild and undeveloped really all of Orlando was then. When we flew back home over the area and looked down I could see hundreds of miles of tracked out unbuilt lots and remember thinking "whats going on here, this is crazy, there's nobody here, it looks like they are planning for 20 years from now. I was right."

In the 70s it was like being on another planet, you just drove and drove through
swamps and fields and beautiful plant life on this little winding road…No highway then, trough what is now Epcot until the first sign of the Magic Kingdom Entry Gate!! I have very clear memories of that when I was 20.
Its still like that for me once I cross through that arch with Mickey and onto the property…can't imagine 30 or so years from now….how much more can they build before its too much. I think there are enough hotels now.
Have you ever stayed in the Fort Wilderness Cabins? I think they are a great deal for a family…rent a golf cart and you are good to go.
T
I've never stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins; unfortunately they're very far down on my list since I DON'T want to have a golf cart!!

I remember WDW being so much smaller when I started going too, though I'm sure your memory is better. My first trip was in 1981, and I was only almost 3. I do remember some of it though! We stayed off site in a pop-up camper at Yogi Bear campground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you... and your kitty cat!!!
Thank you so much; you too!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #86
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

@Zehn

Haha..."Yogi Bear Campground"...that's where my family stayed once when I was a kid!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #87
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Just got all caught up.

I'm sorry about the bus troubles. I'm telling you, deluxe resorts to me are the worst when it comes to bus transportation. The few times we've stayed at POP, it was perfect. Every deluxe (which is all resorts for me, because we're DVC), is just sub par.

Awww, a sober Yeti. That kit is so cute! I may have to purchase that in January.....

I am so excited for BOG for lunch. We had dinner there in July, so I'm excited for lunch.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #88
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
@Zehn

Haha..."Yogi Bear Campground"...that's where my family stayed once when I was a kid!
That's where we usually stayed; I have great memories of it. And one very scary memory where I woke up in the middle of sleepwalking and I was very, very far away from my camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Just got all caught up.

I'm sorry about the bus troubles. I'm telling you, deluxe resorts to me are the worst when it comes to bus transportation. The few times we've stayed at POP, it was perfect. Every deluxe (which is all resorts for me, because we're DVC), is just sub par.

Awww, a sober Yeti. That kit is so cute! I may have to purchase that in January.....

I am so excited for BOG for lunch. We had dinner there in July, so I'm excited for lunch.
The bus was really getting on my nerves. I felt like we had better luck at POFQ and ASSp than I did at BWV, but I do have to say that I wasn't too too worried about it since I could walk to two of the parks!

Yes, look at that sad little sober Yeti. They all needed adopting!

I really like BOG lunch! I could go for that delicious sandwich right now.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #89
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm in transit again soon heading home from the holidays. I'll be updating once I'm back on my computer; will see you all then!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:18 AM   #90
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Have a safe trip!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: