Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wait......GM is releasing a single?! Wow, what a little bit of exposure will do. The finale was hysterical wasn't it? Nick was sooooo uncomfortable!!! I couldn't stop laughing.
Agreed! Nick looked like he was trying to be super friendly but also aloof. Good TV! Frankly, I couldn't watch anyone else but him; he looked like he'd rather just disappear.

I can't believe he hasn't distanced himself from that crazy.

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 11-19-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
dreamseeker9
Mouseketeer

Umm... is that TOWER OF TERROR outside your BWV window? Soooo jealous if that's what it is! That's also my favorite attraction!

Great so far - can't wait to read more!
Dec. 3, 2013 - Disneyland
March-April 2014 - WDW - CSR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #18
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseeker9 View Post
Umm... is that TOWER OF TERROR outside your BWV window? Soooo jealous if that's what it is! That's also my favorite attraction!

Great so far - can't wait to read more!
YES IT IS TOT! Ha, I went out and looked at it every day - and rode it most days as well.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #19
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

Awesome start to your TR. We were at WDW the same time you were. Look forward to hearing your perspective on things for the same time we were there.
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #20
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
Awesome start to your TR. We were at WDW the same time you were. Look forward to hearing your perspective on things for the same time we were there.
You were at Port Orleans? Such a beautiful resort! I'm always looking in people's photo backgrounds to see if I'm there; take a look in mine, as I have a lot of people in my photos since I was alone!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Love the room!!! I'm so excited for you!! A one bedroom??? WOW!! We've never had one of those!!! Sadly you know what would excite me the most about a one bedroom?? The washer and dryer!!!!

I bet you found it so convenient to be at Boardwalk! We found ourselves in Epcot almost every day this summer just because we were right there!

Can't wait to read more!!
Old 11-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

Iím so game!! I saw some updates from facebook so Iím definitely here to read along!!

I had the same experience last time, the told us the plane was fully booked with no room, but both my friend and I in separate rows had empty seats beside us! I didnít know that about the electronics!! I could really use music or something during take off to help anxiety lol!!

Yay for BW, itís such a gorgeous area that I really do want to stay over there some day, itís awesome!! I do enjoy walking over to the parks too!! So peaceful!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 11-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm in the Mood For Some Fun!

Seeing HS in the distance was awesome; I felt like I'd been waiting forever to get back in a park. Also, I was STARVING. I was ready to get some food and ride some rides.

I was here in front of the hat at 12:50. So, to recap, I had gotten to the hotel at 12:15 on the dot, went to my room at 12:25, gotten on the path to HS at 12:35, and was through security and strolling into HS at 12:50. How do I know this? The time stamp is part of the name of each photo!

So, I planned on double dipping this trip. I was told I could, so I was going to do it. I also wanted to test the theory that you could use both your room key and ticket to get FP-. Yes, I did it in spite of the vitriol of this strategy on the boards; this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and the loop will be closed very soon, so I was going to take advantage of it if I could.

Please, no flaming. I was one person. And I only did it about 4 times on the trip, because lines weren't so long I needed to! (This was my first trip without GAC - now the DAS - in a couple of years, and I did GREAT!! I never got the DAS and didn't need to! I was so happy!)

Moving on.

I knew TSMM would have no FP left, so where else should I go?

Duh.

So using my room key and my ticket media (I used my tickets to get in the front gate, not my magic band), I pulled two FP- for ToT!

These are on a Tuesday pulled at 1:02 p.m. for 3 p.m. Guess all those rumors that there are no FP- available after noon are just plain wrong, huh? (Oddly, the FP- say they were pulled at 12:52 - maybe my clock was off, or maybe theirs was?)

I needed to kill some time, so I went to Fairfax Fare.

This was the kid's turkey meal and actually really hit the spot. For some reason, the applesauce was especially tasty and I inhaled this plate of food.

I also contemplated what to do next. I had almost two hours until my TSMM FP+ and my two ToT FP-, and currently the line for ToT was at 30 minutes and TSMM was at 60 minutes. What's a girl to do?

I watched a bit of the street show, but it was over right after I walked up so I moved on.

I wandered around, wondering if I should chance a "real" line without the DAS. Yep, I'm gonna do it. I have time. I'm going to .... get in the TSMM standby line!

The wait time read 60 minutes but I figured I could bail if I wanted to (I talked to the two people at the entrance about this possibility), so I jumped in line at 1:16 p.m. and this is what I saw:

Wow, ok, well the first room is empty.

The second room had plenty of people in it. I weaved through the line, looking at all the cool stuff on the walls and in the middle of the room, enjoying it all.

I'd never been through this standby line, so I sang along with Mr. Potato Head. Anyone else find his arms too long and particularly creepy??

Yikes! Looks possessed!

While in line, I hear a woman almost shout "WHAT the H*LL is going ON HERE?" I turn around to see a very pregnant woman yelling at five kids as her husband looks on. It appeared that two of the teenaged-looking boys were fighting over a phone or a handheld device of some sort. She muttered some comment about not coming back, and then told them to "grow up" as the kids slunk behind her in line. Wow, lady, get a grip.

The above picture was taken at 1:41. I did the standby line at peak time at TSMM in about 25 minutes. Hm, think they're padding the time?

Not bad for a first time this trip!

I got off the ride and passed one of the people I'd talked to at the entrance to the ride. "Not an hour, huh?" he called to me, with a wink.

I still had plenty of unexpected time to kill; what would I do next? How about a ride I haven't touched in over a decade?

The Great Movie Ride!

I thought these light fixtures were beautiful.

I had completely forgotten this queue.

As we're walking quickly through the "theater" I hear a kid behind me pipe up "WAIT, are these OLD PEOPLE??" as the movies flashed on the screen. He got hushed by his mom.

On the ride after a quick queue:

The picture of the light fixtures was taken at 1:57, and the pic on the ride was taken at 2:15. Less than 20 minutes in queue at peak time on a Tuesday.

Because I hadn't been on in awhile, I didn't know the difference between the gangster and the cowboy. I got:

A rather handsome gangster!

Wish I had a better picture.

That part freaked me out. I always HATED that witch.

Once I got out of GMR, I wandered some more. I ended up grabbing a water while waiting for my TSMM FP+, and snapped this pic.

It was now 2:46, which means my FP+ for TSMM and my two FP- for ToT were almost due. It was time to go on a HS headliner ride blitz!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 11-19-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #24
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Love the room!!! I'm so excited for you!! A one bedroom??? WOW!! We've never had one of those!!! Sadly you know what would excite me the most about a one bedroom?? The washer and dryer!!!!

I bet you found it so convenient to be at Boardwalk! We found ourselves in Epcot almost every day this summer just because we were right there!

Can't wait to read more!!
Yes, that was my big pixie dust! There were no studios open, but the person who rented points to me was able to get a one bedroom and gave me just an unbelievable deal. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I’m so game!! I saw some updates from facebook so I’m definitely here to read along!!

I had the same experience last time, the told us the plane was fully booked with no room, but both my friend and I in separate rows had empty seats beside us! I didn’t know that about the electronics!! I could really use music or something during take off to help anxiety lol!!

Yay for BW, it’s such a gorgeous area that I really do want to stay over there some day, it’s awesome!! I do enjoy walking over to the parks too!! So peaceful!
I love the booked planes that aren't so booked. I had the aisle and the other guy had the window; it was perfect if you ask me! I like the aisle seat, since I get fidgety and need to stand up at least once every flight.

It was so smooth having the electronics on. I get some anxiety even though I love flights, and having Make Mine Music going on while taking off was priceless. Plus, on the way home we had HORRIBLE turbulence on the landing; I listened to the song at the end of Tangled four or five times (the "Something That I Want" song) and it was perfect.

I love the Epcot resorts. BWV was very beautiful, and the Boardwalk was a lifesaver for me, as you'll see later!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Looks like a blast was had and I look forward to the rest. Very very exciting.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #26
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
Looks like a blast was had and I look forward to the rest. Very very exciting.

Thanks for coming over!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

They Don't Close Florida.

This time the line at TSMM was actually long, so I was glad to have my FP+. I scanned my magic band and headed in.

It was now 3:00 on the dot, and my FP+ started at 3.

Not quite as good as my first trip. I thought I'd get BETTER, not worse!

Now it was time to head to ToT for my regular FP-.

Love that tower! This picture was taken at 3:18.

I got in the FP- line, but there really wansn't a line anyway. I pretty much went straight through and onto the ride.

I was put in a row with two other single riders! When does that ever happen? I chatted with the guy behind me; he was a bearded fellow from Boston. Nice guy, but seemed to want to be left alone. The guy in front of me (next to me on the ride) was by himself as well, but he was riding by himself because his wife and two daughters (11 and 12) refused to ride! They were on their very first trip and were at their very first park. Hope the week ended up better for him. :haha:

I took a picture of this lighting fixture on my second trip through; do you see a face in it? I do!

I looked at the clock once I got off the ride, but I still had almost an hour until my FP+ for ToT due and frankly, I didn't want to wait. I had ridden TSMM twice and ToT twice, and I was chomping at the bit to get back to my room and unpack (my luggage should be there by now, right?), and I wanted to eat and head to Epcot early to meet my CM friend for a drink and Illuminations!

So:

I was back at Boardwalk in 8 minutes!

My luggage was indeed in my room, so I took some time to unpack and take in the view:

I tried to turn on Stacy for background noise... but what's this!? My TV didn't work! I went into the bedroom - that TV didn't work either! I called the "front desk" and let them know; they said Engineering would be up soon. I told them I was going to Epcot but the room would be available if they wanted to take care of it while i was gone.

I decided to walk over to Epcot, but I wanted to change to a t-shirt first:

It was now 5:15; I was meeting my friend at 7:30, so I planned on riding the Mexico ride, SE, and getting a few drinks. The night was young!

Old 11-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #28
B&WMickey
DIS Veteran

With any luck we'll pop up on the background on one of your pics. We were in AK on your first day.

Looking back I wish I would have done some double dipping with the FP's. Nothing crazy just a time or too. I wasn't thinking.

Love your light fixture pics. I thought I was the only one who was obsessed with the millions of different light fixtures around WDW.
November 2000 - Beach Club
December 2002 - Grand Floridian
January 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #29
wrighter
DIS Veteran

I also wish I'd double dipped some when I was there last weekend. Totally forgot about that - but it wasn't really necessary. But I do love giving FPs away! (No flames!) As it was, we were able to give away a few of our own anyway - and at least one mom of two young boys headed to the Standby line at Soarin' was happy to receive them. :-)

Hopefully they got those televisions working for you! When you're alone the background noise really makes a difference!

Can't wait to hear more!
April 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas-----October 2014 Boardwalk Villas-----April 2015 Magic 7-Day Western Caribbean-----2015 Family Reunion at WDW?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&WMickey View Post
With any luck we'll pop up on the background on one of your pics. We were in AK on your first day.

Looking back I wish I would have done some double dipping with the FP's. Nothing crazy just a time or too. I wasn't thinking.

Love your light fixture pics. I thought I was the only one who was obsessed with the millions of different light fixtures around WDW.
That's exactly what I did - double dipped just a time or two. My FP+ did not go well, honestly; I was sometimes just sick of waiting around for one ride I scheduled weeks ago and just passed it up.

I cannot believe the huge scope of light fixtures at Disney! They're truly amazing and I think they showcase the amount of thought put into each ride, restaurant, shop, and all the external theming. They didn't buy those in bulk; oh no, each was chosen specifically.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: