Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #151
LB1122
Life's full of tough choices...Disney is not one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The official abbreviation is......LM.

I agree with your assessment that BTR and SM lines are the most memorable for the same reason! I think we waited the longest in those lines back in the day.

Awesome scoring the Glow with the Show ears!

I always take pictures of signs! It's actually exactly how I remember what I ride when I'm writing the trip journal at the end of the day.

I know who your surprise visitor is! But that was so awesome too when I saw it on FB!

What cool way to help write your daily journals...so remembering that.

You trip is so so fun to read about and well I am getting super excited about my holidays now. How cool that Mom got to join you...amazing things (magical things) happen at Disney!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:09 PM   #152
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB1122 View Post
What cool way to help write your daily journals...so remembering that.

You trip is so so fun to read about and well I am getting super excited about my holidays now. How cool that Mom got to join you...amazing things (magical things) happen at Disney!
I'm so jealous that your trip is yet to come. My CM friend has offered me a couch if I want it, so I'm starting to consider a "quick spring trip" to get me through this "wishing I was in Florida" season of blues I've been facing the last week or so.

I agree - magical things happen at Disney!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #153
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

That dance party looks fun!
You guys got so much more done than us. If I had that night to do over I would change so much! We got stuck in the hub! Lol
It sounds like you guys had a really fun time together that night!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #154
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

The dance party looks fun and I love Goofy in his Santa suit!!

Really cool that you got to see/hear them testing the new ride!! It's interesting waiting to see whether or not it will be up and running when I go. It kinda seems like it might be a possibility.

Glad POTC didn't bother your mom. Sending out hugs and prayers for her.

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
Old 12-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #155
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
That dance party looks fun!
You guys got so much more done than us. If I had that night to do over I would change so much! We got stuck in the hub! Lol
It sounds like you guys had a really fun time together that night!

We *really* wanted to see the fireworks from the front of the castle, but we actively chose a second ride on BTMRR instead. We knew if we got back in line, we'd miss the chance to go find a place, but we were having so much fun on the ride that we just decided to forgo a spot in the hub. I'm not sorry.

We did have a lot of fun; it was so different from what I was expecting, because I expected to be ALONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
The dance party looks fun and I love Goofy in his Santa suit!!

Really cool that you got to see/hear them testing the new ride!! It's interesting waiting to see whether or not it will be up and running when I go. It kinda seems like it might be a possibility.

Glad POTC didn't bother your mom. Sending out hugs and prayers for her.
Did you see Pluto off to the left? He was cutting a rug along with Santa Goofy! (You can see him better in the second photo)

I've seen so many options for soft openings of 7DMT, but the earliest I've seen that even seems plausible is late February. Who knows what Disney will do - it's already dragged on so long that it better be SPECTACULAR or there will probably be some vocal Disney fans!

I think about my mom's situation and I am SO GRATEFUL I quit smoking when I did. It will be six years smoke free for me in February! God willing, I'll never have to worry about emphysema - because it's scary. Very scary.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #156
RGirl
DIS Veteran

The party sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to do that with your mom.

Those ears sound like they are really cool. I am going to be on the look-out for them at DLR next month - I'd love to see them in action.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #157
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
The party sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you were able to do that with your mom.

Those ears sound like they are really cool. I am going to be on the look-out for them at DLR next month - I'd love to see them in action.
We're definitely more Christmas people than we are Halloween. We went to MNSSHP in the past and liked MVMCP better. HOWEVER, we are discussing the possibility of going to another MNSSHP this year in the fall when we go for our next trip together. We had a bad experience at MNSSHP when we went two years ago, but I had just had a surgery and my mom was newly diagnosed with emphysema so we were quite a pair; I think this one would go better! Plus we loved the shows and the fireworks.

This shows the ears in action at DLR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr18V3grRYs

Every kid I saw stared at my head. LOL! But they were a lot of fun. I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't won them, but once I won them, I would have bought them. Does that make sense? Had I lost them or something, I would have bought another pair - they were that fun. But I didn't know how much I'd like them until I had a pair.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #158
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I Hope You Appreciate the Sacrifice I'm Making.

This morning was a little sad. My mom and stepdad had to pack up early and head out, so once we were all up we got everything together and talked to my stepdad about what he'd done the night before. He's not a Disney fan, but he did go down and walk on the Boardwalk - he got two slices of pizza at MY pizza window and said the special (mushrooms and spinach) was probably one of the best slices of pizza he'd ever had in his life (and he's a foodie!).

He talked about walking in and out of the stores, and then he came back to the room and went to bed early. He didn't pull out the couch bed so I can't attest to its' comfort, but he was perfectly comfortable sleeping on the folded up couch.

Ok, the FP+ for today:

I got ready to go to HS while they called bell services. My stepdad had left some coffee in the pot, and I drank my very first partial cup of coffee (I had never had more than a sip before). I walked down to the lobby with them, and said goodbye. I'd be seeing my mom again in two weeks for Thanksgiving; still seemed impossible she'd been here with me!

After we parted, I took off for the boat. I liked leaving from the Swolphin.

I got on the boat a half hour before HS opening, so I hoped that would be enough to get me into TSMM!

My FP+ for this day were all for Epcot this afternoon. The above says I had an Illuminations FP+ but I think I switched it - I can't remember! I'm sure I'll remember as the day goes on; I know I kept my TT and my Soarin' FP+.

I noticed a large crowd as I walked up, but I still had to take a tree picture:

The nice thing about being solo is how fast you can walk without worrying about other people keeping up with you!

I got up to the front, and here's the gathered crowd at a quarter til.

I'm surprised they weren't letting people in early like I'd heard they do! Oh well, I'm still doing the TSMM dash. But was I going to get a FP for TSMM or not?

Heading towards TSMM.

I made the fatal error of bypassing the long FP- line to get directly into line.

The photo of me and everyone else walking in was taken at 8:53, and my TSMM score picture was taken at 9:15. Between those times, the return FP- for TSMM had gone to after noon. I knew I wouldn't be there that long (gotta get that Disney nap!), so even after thinking about it several times, I just decided to move on to ToT.

I just wasn't feeling HS this morning. I kind of wished I'd gone back to MK, but I was going there tomorrow. I contemplated going to AK, but I knew I'd be walking right into the thick crowds, so I decided to just call it a day after a couple rides on ToT and head back to the resort. So many early, busy days had made me tired, and my feet and legs were SORE.

I did manage a little bit of shopping here, but nothing really interested me so I passed.

I decided to stay on the boat all the way to Boardwalk today - my first time not getting off at the Swolphin (not counting when I came directly over from BC/YC).

It was 10:30, and even though I'd only been up for a bit I was tired. I decided to do a bit of shopping on the Boardwalk, then do some packing. After getting pretty much comopletely packed up, I decided to take a quick Disney nap and then head out to Epcot.

One more time, I listened to the must do's as I drifted off to sleep.

I was awake at 2:15 and HUNGRY. I packed up my park bag and headed out the door. I was going to Epcot!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #159
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Glad you got to ride Toy Story even if you couldn't get FPs for it. The FPs on our trip were gone by 9:28 a.m. on at least one morning. CRAZY!!!

I wish my nice family would let me Disney nap. It hasn't happened since the first trip when DH was uber sick. They don't think that Disney is "vacation". Glad you got in a nice nap.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #160
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I would have been amazed if I was at a park when I least expected it.

Awesome that you met Wendy and Johnny!

Ugh, that sucks that you're missing pictures! I can't stand it when that happens, because you know you took something, and yet they are nowhere to be found. It's so annoying.

The Emporium is always INSANE at the end of the day. I honestly really hate shopping in MK at night. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

How cool that they were testing the coaster though!

I'm all about Disney naps. I always take a midday break.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #161
RGirl
DIS Veteran

I totally understand your DHS morning - some Disney days just go that way; the best thing to do is just what you did - get out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
We're definitely more Christmas people than we are Halloween. We went to MNSSHP in the past and liked MVMCP better. HOWEVER, we are discussing the possibility of going to another MNSSHP this year in the fall when we go for our next trip together. We had a bad experience at MNSSHP when we went two years ago, but I had just had a surgery and my mom was newly diagnosed with emphysema so we were quite a pair; I think this one would go better! Plus we loved the shows and the fireworks.
Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy MNSSHP! We have been twice and had a blast! I hope you get to try it again!

Quote:
This shows the ears in action at DLR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr18V3grRYs
You are a little evil, aren't you? I totally want to buy those ears now!

Quote:
Every kid I saw stared at my head. LOL! But they were a lot of fun. I wouldn't have bought them if I hadn't won them, but once I won them, I would have bought them. Does that make sense? Had I lost them or something, I would have bought another pair - they were that fun. But I didn't know how much I'd like them until I had a pair.
Makes total sense! Hearing about them from you, I was intrigued to SEE them at DLR. Now that you have made me watch them at WOC, I want to BUY them.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #162
MEK
DIS Veteran

Let's see - entering TSM before 9am and being off by 9:15? Not bad at all! And topping it off with a couple rides on ToT. That works.

Sounds like you really needed that nap! Yay for lunch in Epcot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #163
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a very successful morning at DHS considering you got on TSM so quick! I think 90% of the morning rush is for a Fastpass.
Disney naps are great, I was never a mid day break type before this trip...I think I will be from now on though!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #164
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Glad you got to ride Toy Story even if you couldn't get FPs for it. The FPs on our trip were gone by 9:28 a.m. on at least one morning. CRAZY!!!

I wish my nice family would let me Disney nap. It hasn't happened since the first trip when DH was uber sick. They don't think that Disney is "vacation". Glad you got in a nice nap.
I wish I would have just detoured and grabbed at FP- right away. If it was too late, I could have just given it away I'm sure!

Disney is definitely vacation to us! My mom and I take Disney naps too. This next trip should be interesting, since we're staying offsite. Hopefully there will be a "decent" shuttle. Can't live without my Disney naps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I would have been amazed if I was at a park when I least expected it.

Awesome that you met Wendy and Johnny!

Ugh, that sucks that you're missing pictures! I can't stand it when that happens, because you know you took something, and yet they are nowhere to be found. It's so annoying.

The Emporium is always INSANE at the end of the day. I honestly really hate shopping in MK at night. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

How cool that they were testing the coaster though!

I'm all about Disney naps. I always take a midday break.
It was nice to have a DISmeet! Especially with such nice people who I'd "met" through the forums!

I hate the missing pictures; it makes me wonder what other pictures are missing. But I know I took pictures on the Jingle Cruise (I have the video still)!

I usually like the hustle and bustle of shopping, but this was just out of control. The Emporium IS always crazy; it dosen't even need to be closing time!!

I loved seeing and hearing the coaster going. I am ready to RIDE it, though. I know it won't be a thrill ride or anything, but it should be cool.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #165
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally understand your DHS morning - some Disney days just go that way; the best thing to do is just what you did - get out
Sometimes it does go that way! I just realized how beat I was after getting home at 1 a.m. the night before!

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy MNSSHP! We have been twice and had a blast! I hope you get to try it again!

You are a little evil, aren't you? I totally want to buy those ears now!

Makes total sense! Hearing about them from you, I was intrigued to SEE them at DLR. Now that you have made me watch them at WOC, I want to BUY them.
I love the ears. Isn't that AMAZING?? You should have seen them at Osbourne Lights! It was funny to think that my head was flashing like that too!

My mom didn't want to wear them, she wanted to watch them, so she was perfectly fine with me wearing them. I'll definitely take them on our trip next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Let's see - entering TSM before 9am and being off by 9:15? Not bad at all! And topping it off with a couple rides on ToT. That works.

Sounds like you really needed that nap! Yay for lunch in Epcot!
That's what I thought - not bad for a morning. Not something I'd be able to do at home. I DID really need a nap badly. It was just so tiring and I was trying not to get sick this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Sounds like you had a very successful morning at DHS considering you got on TSM so quick! I think 90% of the morning rush is for a Fastpass.
Disney naps are great, I was never a mid day break type before this trip...I think I will be from now on though!

I'd agree; that FP- line was pretty long and the time was advancing pretty quick!

You have to take a midday nap at Disney! It's the best part of the trip. No really, something about doing an early busy morning in the heat, then coming back to the room where it's cold and dark, is just awesome. You sleep away the hottest part of the day and when you wake up you're ready to head back and get a meal! I took a nap every day but MVMCP day; I was too excited that my mom was coming with me to sleep.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: