Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #121
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Awesome update! We just adored buckets and boards! The skeleton dancing part had me in tears from laughing so hard! We were bummed about the tram ride up the mountain as that was our only plans in st. thomas :-)
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #122
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 View Post
Awesome update! We just adored buckets and boards! The skeleton dancing part had me in tears from laughing so hard! We were bummed about the tram ride up the mountain as that was our only plans in st. thomas :-)
That doesn't surprise me at all, reading your trip report I am seeing so many similarities between us!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #123
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Once the show was over practically everyone on the ship was walking funny, the movement was making it nearly impossible to walk straight. We headed up to Palo for our dinner reservation and waited in Meridian for a few minutes until our table was ready.

Cruise 2013 1502 by princessm112877, on Flickr

After we were called the Maitre D told us to walk like Mickey or Goofy to keep our balance better, his impression was hilarious, taking gigantic steps. Martin was our waiter once again and we were seated at a booth by the windows, it was too dark to see anything but it was still nicer than staring at a solid wall.

Cruise 2013 1504 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We had breadsticks and soft, warm flatbread that was really tasty.

Cruise 2013 1505 by princessm112877, on Flickr

He could have just parked the antipasta cart at our table and I would have been happy for the rest of the night.

Cruise 2013 1506 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had the Arugula salad for my appetizer, it was fine, could have used some salt or more cheese, because any bite that didn't have cheese was pretty bland.

Cruise 2013 1507 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Calamari, it was also just fine, it was far from the best Calamari we've ever had, which was kind of disappointing.

Cruise 2013 1508 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had the Braised Beef Ravioli for my pasta course, the only thing wrong with this is that there wasn't a whole plate full of it. It was simply divine!

Cruise 2013 1509 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Shrimp Arrabiata, he said it was excellent also.

Cruise 2013 1510 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We ordered a bottle of wine and with the way the ship was moving I was really glad our room was aft also so that we only had to go to the elevator and then down a short hall to get back to it.

Cruise 2013 1511 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The lemon sorbet and blueberry palate cleanser was delicious, I could have eaten a larger portion of that for dessert and been extremely satisfied.

Cruise 2013 1512 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian chose the lamb for his main course, it was melt in your mouth perfection.

Cruise 2013 1513 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I had the Beef Tenderloin Palo, which was also very delicious.

Cruise 2013 1515 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For dessert we both had the Chocolate Souffle. I was dead set against ordering it, I don't like warm chocolate, I don't eat cookies or brownies fresh from the oven, no hot fudge on my ice cream, just do not like the flavor or texture of warm chocolate. Martin was so insistent that I at least try the souffle, he was like you are having it and if you don't like it I will bring you something else and eat it myself! LOL In the end I was very happy with the souffle, it was incredible. I did put my gelato in it though to cool it down some.

Cruise 2013 1516 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The frozen limoncello drink is such a great way to end an excellent meal.

Cruise 2013 1519 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Overall we really liked our dinner at Palo. The appetizers were the only disappointments in the food, service was great as usual. Afterward Brian stayed behind in Meridian and had a cigar, and I went back to the room. I attempted to watch some TV but ended up falling asleep. Story of my life on this cruise!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #124
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Im not stalking your report, I promise lol.

But I really enjoyed your Palo review. We had Palo dinner on St. Maarten (pirates) night. I'm super picky so I was super excited that I loved it as much as I did.

Let me start off by saying that flat bread... I could have ate that all night long. I could not get enough of it. it was SO good!

I also had the beef ravioli and agree 100% that the only thing wrong with it was that there wasn't more of it I had that for my appetizer since nothing else sounded good to me.

I had the Beef tenderloin for my entree too and the two different sauces... the potatoes... the total dish was just PERFECT!

The lemon/blueberry thing was devine and that after dinner drink MAN WAS THAT GOOD!!!

We also had the soufflé and while i really enjoyed that, I prefer the grand mariner soufflé at royal court over the palo chocolate one. I think I'm the only person that says that but I'm used to being the odd one out lol

You're pictures made me need another cruise to book Palo again
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #125
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 View Post
Im not stalking your report, I promise lol.

But I really enjoyed your Palo review. We had Palo dinner on St. Maarten (pirates) night. I'm super picky so I was super excited that I loved it as much as I did.

We also had the soufflé and while i really enjoyed that, I prefer the grand mariner soufflé at royal court over the palo chocolate one. I think I'm the only person that says that but I'm used to being the odd one out lol

You're pictures made me need another cruise to book Palo again
LOL, stalk away!

We skipped the night that they had the Grand Marnier souffle in the main dining room, that must have been the night we were in Remy. I've heard wonderful things about it too! I will definitely make sure we are present that night next cruise. Citrus desserts are usually my favorite so I have a feeling I would like it a lot.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM   #126
LadyMimiG
Earning My Ears

Smile

Enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing your pictures. I have to ask - what kind of camera do you have? Nice pictures! We will be sailing on the Fantasy 11/29/14 - can't wait!!
LadyMimiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #127
Gryffinclaw
Earning My Ears

Following along

Great trip report! I am really enjoying it. Your pics are amazing especially the food pics . We are sailing the fantasy eastern in august and your report has been very helpful. What've sailed twice on the Magic (before it was reimagined). Can't wait for Remy especially after your awesome food pics

Just realized I mentioned the food pics twice, can you tell I love to eat?

Gennie

Gryffinclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #128
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMimiG View Post
Enjoyed reading your reviews and seeing your pictures. I have to ask - what kind of camera do you have? Nice pictures! We will be sailing on the Fantasy 11/29/14 - can't wait!!
Thank you! I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ20.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #129
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffinclaw View Post
Great trip report! I am really enjoying it. Your pics are amazing especially the food pics . We are sailing the fantasy eastern in august and your report has been very helpful. What've sailed twice on the Magic (before it was reimagined). Can't wait for Remy especially after your awesome food pics

Just realized I mentioned the food pics twice, can you tell I love to eat?

Gennie
Thanks Gennie! LOL about the food pics, I feel ya, I love to eat too!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #130
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Hoping aboard, we are doing our 1st eastern this Nov. for my 40th birthday!
We're on the Magic though as it was 1k less than the Fantasy.
We'll save the Fantasy for next time

Also wanted to add that I had no idea they might have some Christmas decor up on the ship in Nov. !! We are sailing on the 9th so I hope they have some things on the Magic.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 01-22-2014 at 09:16 AM.
loveysbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #131
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

I am loving your report!! I have one question about Buckets and Boards.... is it a family friendly show or is it adults only? I really think DS12 would enjoy it. I am hoping they are on our sailing next year!
Susan121302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #132
tukogirl
Mouseketeer

Great updates!

We loved Buckets and Boards as well. In fact after reading more about them and Branson we are actually considering a trip to Missouri! Which I never thought I'd say.... ever.

Fantastic pictures of the abandoned buildings outside St. Thomas. I loved those as well. In fact looking at them was one of my favorite parts of a wonderful day. I too wish I know what they once were and why they are no longer used!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #133
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

loveysbydesign ~ I don't blame you for going for the savings and you get to check out the new Magic too! I bet they will have the Christmas decor up for your trip, we left on the 2nd and almost everything was up, but I heard that they added even more and also began actual Christmas events on the next sailing, which began on the 9th.

Susan121302 ~ Buckets and Boards was totally family friendly! They had a family show that was one of the nightly shows that everyone can go to, then they had an adult show one night, but even that show wasn't anything inappropriate.

tukogirl ~ I'd love to see their Branson show! We've actually been to Missouri a couple of times, but only to St. Louis and a small town called Washington. Washington was pretty podunk (we were visiting relatives), but I loved St. Louis, so much to do there and the vast majority of it is free. I have no idea what Branson is like but I bet since it's got a big music scene that it's a pretty cool place!

Old 01-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #134
Gizmo87
Earning My Ears

Haha I just about died! "Fred" is my grandpa! I am new and need more ports to show a picture.
Gizmo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #135
Gizmo87
Earning My Ears

Ok I give you "Fred" in the same shirt.

Gizmo87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: