Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #91
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just spent a very enjoyable hour reading through your TR
Your photos are just wonderful
We are sailing on this same itinerary at the end of May so this is really helping with the planning!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #92
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am a follower coming out of lurkdom! I am thoroughly enjoying your report, so fun AND informative! We are taking the Fantasy Easter Caribbean cruise in Oct 2014, and I have a question for you regarding your St. Martin's day.

My DH is an uber geek when it comes to airplanes. He has worked in the aviation industry since he was 17 yrs old, and STILL just loves airplanes. I am sure he would love the Sunset Bar and Grill with the planes flying so low. My question is this: I visited the web site for Sunset...and it seems to be geared to more of a partying adult clientele. We will be traveling with our three children. I am certain we won't want to witness heavy drinking, topless women, or bikini contests with them in tow. Is the atmosphere more family friendly during the day? I didn't see any such "antics" in the pictures you have posted.

Thanks!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #93
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just spent a very enjoyable hour reading through your TR
Your photos are just wonderful
We are sailing on this same itinerary at the end of May so this is really helping with the planning!
I'm so glad you are enjoying it, thanks for joining in!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #94
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Hi, I am a follower coming out of lurkdom! I am thoroughly enjoying your report, so fun AND informative! We are taking the Fantasy Easter Caribbean cruise in Oct 2014, and I have a question for you regarding your St. Martin's day.

My DH is an uber geek when it comes to airplanes. He has worked in the aviation industry since he was 17 yrs old, and STILL just loves airplanes. I am sure he would love the Sunset Bar and Grill with the planes flying so low. My question is this: I visited the web site for Sunset...and it seems to be geared to more of a partying adult clientele. We will be traveling with our three children. I am certain we won't want to witness heavy drinking, topless women, or bikini contests with them in tow. Is the atmosphere more family friendly during the day? I didn't see any such "antics" in the pictures you have posted.

Thanks!
I was actually a bit concerned about the things I saw on the Sunset website myself, but we saw none of that when we were there. People were drinking but no one was out of control or being obnoxious or anything. Everyone had their clothes on too. The most offensive thing I saw was a gentleman in a white speedo...

We stayed close to the bar area just because I didn't feel like walking through the sand, but you can always go down to the beach and hang out. The bar rents beach chairs/umbrellas or you could just sit on the sand/towel. It's not a big beach but it was really pretty. There were quite a few kids there when we went but it did seem like most of the families chose to stay closer to the beach. Hope that helps!

Old 12-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #95
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR, and I am really enjoying it! We were on the Fantasy in August, so it's that much more fun to see things we enjoyed too or things we have yet to do. Can't wait to read more!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #96
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Enjoying your report.
We were on that cruise as well!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #97
annabug
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Report!!! Thanks so much for posting all of the pictures and details! I especially LOVE all of your outfits! So pretty!! I really loved the pink/purple paisley dress, and your black/lace formal dress, gorgeous!!!!!

I am sailing with my DH and 2 small children in August 2014, and we are so excited.

We are still undecided about out port excursions…..such a hard decision!! Thanks for posting about the French side and serafinas!!!

(me) (DH) (DD) (DS)
annabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #98
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Welcome RGirl, Dyerneeds and annabug!

Now that the holidays are over and life is settling back into it's normal routine I'm hoping to get some more of my report done this weekend! Rest assured I haven't forgotten!

annabug, thanks so much for the compliments! That paisley dress is so comfortable!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #99
Lindalouwho
Earning My Ears

OMG just read your amazing review now I can't wait for my first cruise in April !!! Loved all your pics!
Lindalouwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #100
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

We just booked 7192 for next November, and that's how I came across your thread, via search for others' opinions on "our" stateroom lol. I'm enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read the rest!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #101
Kat06
Earning My Ears

St Maarten - Mosquito Issue Dec/Jan 2014

Hi, wondering if any recent cruisers have experienced the mosquito issue on St. Maarten. The US Public Health department declared a travel advisory for a mosquito borne virus that is similar to Dengue. We have a port excursion booked to Loterie Farm to do a Rainforest trek. I have tried to do a bit of research into the Farm and potential issues. I am tempted to cancel the excursion but thought a recent Eastern itinerary traveler might have some better insight. Any help would be great...

Thanks!
Kat06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #102
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat06 View Post
Hi, wondering if any recent cruisers have experienced the mosquito issue on St. Maarten. The US Public Health department declared a travel advisory for a mosquito borne virus that is similar to Dengue. We have a port excursion booked to Loterie Farm to do a Rainforest trek. I have tried to do a bit of research into the Farm and potential issues. I am tempted to cancel the excursion but thought a recent Eastern itinerary traveler might have some better insight. Any help would be great... Thanks!
We went to loterie farm on dec 17th. I had been told to bring repellent wipes, which I dutifully left in our stateroom! We did notice a couple of mosquito bites, but no illness or anything.

Remember the repellent and you should be fine. We loved Loterie, BTW. Did the intermediate course and headed to the beach afterwards... Was a super fun day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #103
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

This is the best Fantasy TR I've read! Thank you for sharing...hope you're able to post more.
CRSNDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #104
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
We just booked 7192 for next November, and that's how I came across your thread, via search for others' opinions on "our" stateroom lol. I'm enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read the rest!
Hi! I hope you enjoy 7192 as much as we did! We liked it so much I think we will have a hard time even trying any other area of the ship on future cruises!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #105
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSNDSNY View Post
This is the best Fantasy TR I've read! Thank you for sharing...hope you're able to post more.
Wow, thank you! Considering how many amazing ones there are on here that is quite the compliment. I'm so glad that you are enjoying it! Somehow my plans to update last weekend just went out the window, I'm going to finish up St. Maarten tonight and hopefully can get some more done this coming weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: