Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
LeahJH
Mouseketeer

I am sure you get this all the time but your smile is just SO photogenic.
04/05/12 - 04/10/12 Disney Dream
01/03/12 - 01/08/12 Disney Dream
10/02/11 - 10/09/11 Disney Wonder
03/13/11 - 03/20/11 Disney Wonder
11/27/10 - 12/04/10 Disney Magic
10/31/09 - 11/07/09 Disney Magic
LeahJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #47
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

MizDisney513 ~ I probably won't get to Mixology until tomorrow but it was so much fun!

LeahJH ~ That is so sweet of you to say, I really appreciate that. I actually am very critical of pictures of myself since gaining a significant amount of weight over the last few years so that really made me feel good. Thank you.

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #48
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Just joining in! We sailed the Eastern 7 night last summer and are sailing the 7 night western next summer.
We got our State room assignment and it's 7192.....
Sound Familiar?

Can't wait to read more!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #49
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Just joining in! We sailed the Eastern 7 night last summer and are sailing the 7 night western next summer.
We got our State room assignment and it's 7192.....
Sound Familiar?

Can't wait to read more!
How awesome is that, that you will be in 7192 also!

Here are some pictures of the room!

Cruise 2013 327 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 442 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 443 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 447 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 445 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 437 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 435 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 441 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 439 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 438 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 723 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 366 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 367 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 446 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For anyone who hasn't been on a Disney ship yet, we were so impressed with our room! It had plenty of space for the two of us and so much storage room. There were drawers in the desk and on the outside corner of the closet where the little "bar" area is. Two closets with a lot of room, a ton of hangers and several shelves in each one. The ottoman also lifted up and you could put things inside it, we used it for our shoes. Suitcases fit underneath the bed which kept the room free of clutter. Our biggest suitcase is REALLY big and it barely fit under there, so I think most suitcases shouldn't have much trouble. Oh and a tip about all those hangers, if you don't have enough clothes to fill them all, take them down, or I saw someone on the boards drape a towel through them to keep them from moving around. I have extreme noise sensitivity and the way the ship was moving the hangers were driving me bonkers rattling around. I just took them down and sat them in the bottom of the closet, that worked for me.

I didn't sit on the sofa often because I felt the vibrations more when sitting on it and it really annoyed me, it was comfortable enough when I did sit on it though. We also had Vivek turn down the sofa bed a couple of nights because we both have sleep issues and wanted somewhere to go if we needed to. I tried to sleep on it one night and found it to be pretty uncomfortable as a bed. I sleep on a 5" thick pillow top at home though, so I like a really soft bed. The regular bed was fine, still a little firmer than I'm used to, but not bad by any means. I loved that the pillows were full sized and so fluffy. I'm so not a fan of the hard, tiny pillows so many hotels seem to be using these days.

There is a privacy curtain between the "bedroom" and the "sitting area" also, so if one of you is an early riser (like me) you can pull it closed and go out on the verandah or turn the lights on in the other section to read, get ready, or whatever without disturbing the other person.

The split bathrooms were great. It took me exactly 3 times of nearly falling on my face and breaking my toes to remember to step up when entering the bathrooms. It's even posted on the wall outside of them to watch your step. The wall of the bathtub is a lot higher than I'm used to also. I'm not a super short person, but I have super short legs, so I really felt like I was climbing into the tub! It also took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the shower on...

You already know that we adored our verandah!

I had worried that the room wouldn't be cool enough for me, I usually turn our air down to the 60's at night and sleep with a fan too...but it actually was pretty comfortable most of the time, I just didn't get to burrow under the comforter like I do at home.

Oh and a little trick for keeping your lights on and your air running without having to worry about using your room keys or bringing another card from home....

Cruise 2013 1589 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We came back to the room when Vivek was straightening up one afternoon and saw that was how he turned the lights on when he was in there.

I think that's everything about the room but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Old 11-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #50
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

By the time we go on the cruise next summer we will be going on our 5th Disney cruise! I can't tell you how many times my toes have been stubbed coming in and especially out of those bathrooms!!!

Thanks for the pictures! I can see a few differences in that stateroom and the some of ours in the past. The verandah is much deeper, we have always been midship, but are excited to try this area.
I have read reviews of people that love and others that hate being aft. Did you notice vibrations? Some have said that they couldn't sleep at all in those cabins and others are dying to get them again....
Old 11-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #51
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

"The other appetizer we shared was the Serrano Ham with Tomato Bread and Marinated Olives. I ate about 10 pounds of Italian meats, olives and cheese this week I'm sure!"

Oh, I would be right there with you ... with a cold glass of chardonney Love it!

Fantastic trip report! I'm enjoying it!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #52
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post

Cruise 2013 133 by princessm112877, on Flickr I was pretty much obsessed with this building as we left Port, does anyone know what it is?
It is the new 'Exploration Tower' Port Canaveral Welcome Center giving cruise ship passengers and other visitors a place to go to learn about the area's maritime history, beach culture and achievements in space exploration.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
05/08/2011 4-Night Bahamian - Carnival
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #53
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I have read reviews of people that love and others that hate being aft. Did you notice vibrations? Some have said that they couldn't sleep at all in those cabins and others are dying to get them again....
The only time I felt vibrations, and they were slight vibrations at that, was when I was sitting on the sofa or if I was sitting back against the headboard in bed. It bothered me so I just didn't do those things anymore. I never felt it when sitting in the desk chair or just laying in bed. When I was laying in bed all I felt was the ship movement, no vibrations. Brian wasn't fazed by any of it. I know some people have complained about the vibrations when docking too, but I didn't think it was bad. I was always out on the verandah and the railing definitely vibrated but it wasn't like teeth rattling or anything. The one morning I was still in bed was when we docked back at Port Canaveral and I slept right through it (and I'm a very light sleeper). So that was our experience with it. I wouldn't hesitate to book an aft room again.

Quote:
PizzieDuster - Fantastic trip report! I'm enjoying it!
Thanks PizzieDuster! I'd snack with you any day!

Thanks so much, The Lorax! I've been meaning to look it up since we've been home and haven't gotten around to it. I appreciate the information!

Old 11-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #54
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Hey Princess Michelle:

We were on this cruise too and I'm loving reliving it through your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Had to laugh about "not being able to figure out how to turn on the shower". Funny thing was, it took longer to figure out on our second cruise than the first - with me swearing the whole time - "BUT I DID IT LAST CRUISE!" Now there's no problem. It did take another cruise or two before I remembered to step up/down during bathroom visits, but that's second nature now too.

Looking forward to hearing how you made out during the last couple of days. We were really rocking and rolling!
Old 11-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #55
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

I'm in love your trip report ( 58 days to wdw &DCL fantasy ) so I love neven more your TR
Love the idea for the light ( near the door ) in quite a few cruises never tought of that
Cannot wait for the rest
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #56
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
Hey Princess Michelle:

We were on this cruise too and I'm loving reliving it through your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Had to laugh about "not being able to figure out how to turn on the shower". Funny thing was, it took longer to figure out on our second cruise than the first - with me swearing the whole time - "BUT I DID IT LAST CRUISE!" Now there's no problem. It did take another cruise or two before I remembered to step up/down during bathroom visits, but that's second nature now too.

Looking forward to hearing how you made out during the last couple of days. We were really rocking and rolling!
Hi there John!

I'm glad you're enjoying reliving the cruise with me. It really was fantastic, and yes, that ship was swaying like crazy!

Old 11-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #57
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
I'm in love your trip report ( 58 days to wdw &DCL fantasy ) so I love neven more your TR
Love the idea for the light ( near the door ) in quite a few cruises never tought of that
Cannot wait for the rest
Welcome 4 mickey!

Old 11-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #58
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit

Day 3/Part 2

After hanging out in the room for a little bit we decided to head down to Royal Court for lunch. Our server, Benny had mentioned he would be working there today so we made sure we asked for him. This was the first time we had been in this restaurant and it was just gorgeous. When you have lunch in one of the main dining rooms the menu is just like dinner in that you get an appetizer, soup/salad, entree and dessert. You can of course skip a course if you don't really want that much for lunch.

We stopped on the way to lunch to take a couple of pictures in the portholes.

Cruise 2013 620 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 622 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 630 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 631 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For my first course I had the Bresaola, marinated olives, shaved parmesan and a grissini stick with a roasted garlic dip.

Cruise 2013 632 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Pomegranate-glazed Chilled Duck Breast with arugula, frisee, lollo rosso, and caramelized walnuts.

Cruise 2013 633 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian skipped the soup/salad course and I had the chilled Strawberry Soup, which tasted exactly like melted strawberry ice cream!

Cruise 2013 634 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For my entree I had the Reuben Sandwich with chips and coleslaw. Very very good.

Cruise 2013 635 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had a burger and I'll take a moment now to offer a minor annoyance. If you wanted something like extra mayo, ketchup or whatever condiment, they bring it to the table and put some on your plate, you don't get like a ramekin of it to keep at the table as you would at a real world restaurant. I understand the "fancy" factor of it but it was a bit impractical. They would leave it if you really insisted, we saw someone do it with syrup at breakfast one morning but the server was a bit reluctant to leave it. It was the same if you ordered a salad, it wasn't dressed before hand, they would bring the dressing after and ask you how much you wanted. With the salad it wasn't so bad but I didn't know the first time I ordered a salad and I was thinking, where's my dressing! LOL

Cruise 2013 636 by princessm112877, on Flickr

For dessert I had the Tiramisu.

Cruise 2013 637 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian had the Soaked Rum Cake with mixed fruit. This cake was very rummy, it was delicious!

Cruise 2013 638 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Lunch service was winding down when we were finishing up, there weren't a lot of people left in the restaurant so I took a few minutes to walk around and take pictures of the beautiful Princess mosaics throughout the room. I'm only going to post a few but they are all so gorgeous.

Cruise 2013 639 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 643 by princessm112877, on Flickr

These plates were in another room.

Cruise 2013 648 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Paintings like this were scattered around the rooms as well.

Cruise 2013 657 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Once we finished up there it was time to head to Skyline for our Mixology seminar. It was lead by Jerry and it was so much fun! I think we had about 13 people in our group, so it was a nice size, not too big, not too small. We each got to take a turn behind the bar making one of the drinks. We made/sampled 5 drinks total and some of them were really good sized. I was glad we came straight from lunch! I kept the list of drinks that we made, but somewhere between the ship and home it got lost, so I'm sorry that I don't remember the names or ingredients in all of them.

Cruise 2013 659 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Brian was in the first group.

Cruise 2013 666 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 675 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I don't remember what it was or what was in it, but I do remember it tasting really good.

Cruise 2013 677 by princessm112877, on Flickr

I was in the second group, and I can't recall what we made either other than it had whiskey, sweet & sour mix, mint leaves and maybe Disorrono? It was really tasty too.

Cruise 2013 680 by princessm112877, on Flickr

Cruise 2013 691 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The small green one was next, it was my favorite if I recall correctly. When it was finished it had a green layer and a red layer.

Cruise 2013 701 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The champagne cocktail was the least favorite across the whole group. Most people didn't even finish it. I finished mine because I felt kind of bad, but it was kind of bitter tasting.

Cruise 2013 711 by princessm112877, on Flickr

The last was the Baby Guinness. Now this one I remember because 1. It only had two ingredients. 2. I expected to hate it (I do not like coffee), 3. I loved it so much I bought the stuff to make it at home.

It was super easy, just Kahlua and Bailey's. Jerry taught us how to layer it without getting the bottom murky. At home I just poured it down the back of a spoon, worked just as well, but not as impressive as his spirally spoon.

Cruise 2013 713 by princessm112877, on Flickr

We thought this class was more than worth the $15 per person. We got our moneys worth in drinks alone and Jerry was a wealth of knowledge. He said he used to be a cook before he got into bartending and loves to experiment with different things in his drinks that many wouldn't think of. He was very interesting to listen to, and the Irish accent didn't hurt any!

Last edited by Princess Michelle; 11-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #59
LeahJH
Mouseketeer

I heart the strawberry soup. I wish I could figure out how to make it at home!
04/05/12 - 04/10/12 Disney Dream
01/03/12 - 01/08/12 Disney Dream
10/02/11 - 10/09/11 Disney Wonder
03/13/11 - 03/20/11 Disney Wonder
11/27/10 - 12/04/10 Disney Magic
10/31/09 - 11/07/09 Disney Magic
LeahJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #60
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm, strawberry soup. Always have that at 1900 Park Fare!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: