Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #91
Jesobelle
Earning My Ears

Hi - just joining. Bit late, I'm sorry. I'm really enjoying your reports - although pics aren't showing up for me, for some reason.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy Flying Fish. It was one of my favourite meals back in August. We didn't dress up - we'd had a whole park day beforehand - but we did have an early ADR (around 5.15pm) and the restaurant wasn't very full. I had the Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo: Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper and it was incredible. Not best steak (that was Yachtsman) but top 3 definitely. And fish was wow. Shame your experience wasn't as nice.

I'm very envious of the DxDP - food we had was one of my favourite parts of the experience. I'm just waiting for the lotto win to fund it - and Upper Class flights! A girl can dream... Well done for saving up for it, though. That kind of determination will put you in good stead for the future. I'm hoping that one day I'll have saved enough to return to WDW myself. 2016 here I come!

I empathise about the looking young thing. I'm 5'1" and have had similar issues for a while. I turn 29 on Friday though, and sadly it has stopped now. I used to be the same as you, and get really tired of being treated like a kid, and wish I looked older. That is no longer the case!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #92
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

Oh bummer, photobucket is not letting me see the photos from last 2 entries

I agree with everyone, you will LOVE looking younger someday I used to hate it, now I love it! Of course I had the double whammy of being naturally young looking and having a late November birthday, which meant that I was the last in my class to get a drivers license, turn 18, etc...
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #93
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Breakfast at Akershus

After a somewhat disappointing experience at Flying Fish Cafe we got up bright and early the next morning to eat out first breakfast of the trip. Our reservation at Akershus was at 9:40am so we got a decent amount of sleep!

We've visited Akershus before on our first trip to WDW in 2011. It was our very first Disney restaurant ever, and my parents were sceptical to say the least. I had begged them to take us to Florida and they reluctantly spent the great sum of money it cost to visit WDW. What many UK visitors do it stay in a rental property offsite and commute into the parks on a daily basis, for a much cheaper price. I persuaded my parents to pay extra so we could stay on site. Entering Epcot on our first park day ever and heading into Akershus was an awe inspiring moment for sure. The restaurant is beautiful; the decor is elegant and the food is delicious.

As you can guess, Akershus has now become a family tradition of sorts for our first Disney breakfast.

We arrived right on time and checked in. We had to wait about ten to fifteen minutes for our table. We took in the Norwegian view as we waited, whilst I snapped a family photograph.

We were seated, and our server was friendly but not that impressive. I had read that you could order Mickey waffles separately from the buffet. When I asked, she told me they normally only do them for people with allergies, but she'd ask. Clearly it wasn't a problem as I got a plate of them (but only really got two as my family ate the rest!)

The buffet was fairly varied, with lots of fresh fruit, fish and some meats, but all cold. They then bring you a big platter of cooked food, including a wonderful potato casserole that I highly recommend. It's nice to choose cold food whilst getting a variety of hot food that is fresh and hasn't been sitting out on the buffet table.

Here's my cold plate...

Followed by Rory's...

And I have two other photographs of plates but am not entirely sure about who they belonged to...

Here's the tasty hot platter they bring out!

The food at this place is really fresh and tasty, but another attraction. Is of course the princesses. We met Belle just before being seated. There was a Photo Pass photographer there but the great thing is that you get a special photo and folder included in the buffet price.

The princesses visiting the tables do vary, so the ones we met were...

I was disappointed Mulan wasn't there (for the second time in a row) as I have heard that she often is present. Mulan is one of mine and Rory's favourite Disney characters, but we didn't find the time to meet her in China.

The princesses also do an adorable procession where little girls (and boys!) can get up and parade around the restaurant with the princesses.

Many people ask the question 'Cinderella's Royal Table or Akershus?' I have to say, both are very different, and we ate at both this trip. Cinderella's Royal Table can't be beaten for location- and nothing quite tops being inside the castle. However there isn't the choice of food you get at Akershus, and the service tends to be not as good as Akershus... I'm presuming because gratuity is already included at CRT. Both restaurants allow you to meet the princesses, but for us, Akershus is cheaper than CRT but still a very expensive TS restaurant. For this reason, it's fabulous value on the DDP at just one credit.

Overall, Akershus remains one of my favourite restaurants and will be a 'must do' for all our trips at WDW. In fact I always recommend Akershus and Chef Mickey's as the quintessential Disney character meals.

It will always have a special place in our heart as the first Disney restaurant we ever ate at. I fondly remember that first trip to Akershus when my parents were in absolute awe of what WDW offered.

Overall Ratings

Atmosphere: 8
Value: 5 (OOP) and 9 (DDP)
Food: 8
Service: 7

Overall rating: 8 out of 10

Thank you Akershus for a magical start to the trip!

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #94
meggiebeth

Just to let you all know I am working on getting the photographs to come back up, and it should be sorted by tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1 View Post
I remember two people came up to me while we had the kitchen sink. One was the lady at the table in front, so the other must've been your mum. It is very weird!

The clip is only really tiny. I don't think I can embed videos on the forum, but here's the link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vyBbPp1TYY

I'll be following along with your trip report. Your food pictures are excellent! It'll give us an idea of where to eat and where not to eat later this year.
Thanks for posting the clip! It is hilarious- me and my dad look really grumpy! We must have been engrossed in watching the delivery of the kitchen sink. We aren't normally like that!

Thank you! How lucky you are going back so soon... I'd love to but my parents aren't so keen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTeacher2 View Post
Joining in! Loving your trip report and dining report so far! I've really enjoyed reading how the Florida area/Disney is seen through the eyes of a family from the UK! I have ALWAYS dreamed of living in the UK!! Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for joining in! The whole 'American experience' is superb for Britons to get, and honestly, I just can't wait to return. That's funny you've always dreamed of living in the UK... it really is beautiful in places. Have you ever visited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
What a pity you were disappointed with the Flying Fish, at least you were on the DDP so it didn't cost you but as a 2 credit meal it should be enjoyable!

I was on the panel in 2009, I was the first ever Brit to be on it and yes it is hard to get on to
Yes, it is a shame, but I guess we learnt our lesson. Wow, that is impressive- I just saw the link to your TR so I'm off to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Luv_Stitch View Post
Joining in and all caught up

Looks like your first disney day was lots of fun especially with that family giving you their FP's!!
That's a shame you were disappointed with the Flying Fish especially as it's worth 2 credits!

I love that you have planned this holiday practically all by yourself! And well done to you for saving the money to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan!
Thanks for joining in! The first Disney day was super, although FFC did add a slight dampener. I guess my family isn't very sophisticated!

Thank you! All the saving really did pay off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
So funny someone reading the trip report showed up in your trip report !

Would love to go to Beaches and Cream and try the Kitchen Sink someday. Just have never had time, and need to go with some ice cream loving folks, which does not describe DH and DS at all!! Someday...

Loving your report, but I think I will go with you and not bother with the Flying Fish. I am a jeans and T-shirt kinda girl, don't like to get dressed up fancy that often - even wear I work is casual dress code - everyone is wearing jeans and T-shirts.

We are looking forward to DHS, trying to figure out when to schedule our FP+, since we are driving in that day. They have instituted tiering as well, so cannot FP both RnR and TSM ! We love both those rides, trying to figure out which line we want to wait in! We probably want to ride RnR more than once though.
I know, what a lovely surprise!

You certainly should visit Beaches and Cream. I think it's a great idea to go and eat before getting the boat to DHS. It's a pretty affordable TS restaurant (and probably a lot cheaper than what is offered in DHS... and Epcot...)

I'm glad someone else is with me regarding the Flying Fish Café. I like wearing pretty dresses, etc, but it just felt a little uncomfortable because it was so upmarket, and we aren't big fine dining fans.

Tiered FP+ really does suck- that is the major disadvantage for me. When we went, FP+ wasn't tiered, so I can't imagine going with just one headliner a day. I'd go for Rock n' Roller Coaster- Rory's favourite! That said, TSM gets pretty busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesobelle View Post
Hi - just joining. Bit late, I'm sorry. I'm really enjoying your reports - although pics aren't showing up for me, for some reason.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy Flying Fish. It was one of my favourite meals back in August. We didn't dress up - we'd had a whole park day beforehand - but we did have an early ADR (around 5.15pm) and the restaurant wasn't very full. I had the Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo: Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper and it was incredible. Not best steak (that was Yachtsman) but top 3 definitely. And fish was wow. Shame your experience wasn't as nice.

I'm very envious of the DxDP - food we had was one of my favourite parts of the experience. I'm just waiting for the lotto win to fund it - and Upper Class flights! A girl can dream... Well done for saving up for it, though. That kind of determination will put you in good stead for the future. I'm hoping that one day I'll have saved enough to return to WDW myself. 2016 here I come!

I empathise about the looking young thing. I'm 5'1" and have had similar issues for a while. I turn 29 on Friday though, and sadly it has stopped now. I used to be the same as you, and get really tired of being treated like a kid, and wish I looked older. That is no longer the case!
Thanks for joining in!

So sorry about the photos not showing up... it should be sorted by tomorrow. How frustrating!

I'm glad you did enjoy the Flying Fish Café- your entrée sounds fabulous! I think we might have made the wrong entrée choices. We can always try it another time! I'm glad to hear Yachtsman Steakhouse is consistently good- it was superb for us too!

Thanks for the compliments. I too dream of a lottery win... my dad has entered the lotto for years but the price hike of tickets has put us off a bit! As for the upper class flights- that's an ambition I share too! I agree, for us, the food totally makes the holiday. Half the experience is the dining, which is plentiful at WDW! The DDP allows us to experience so much without worrying about the price.

That's a shame you no longer look as young for your age! My cousin is in her mid thirties and still gets mistaken for a teenager, so I am not getting my hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdashgirl View Post
Oh bummer, photobucket is not letting me see the photos from last 2 entries

I agree with everyone, you will LOVE looking younger someday I used to hate it, now I love it! Of course I had the double whammy of being naturally young looking and having a late November birthday, which meant that I was the last in my class to get a drivers license, turn 18, etc...
Sorry about the photo issue- it should be resolved by tomorrow.

I am sure I will love it, so won't complain too much! It certainly works to my advantage sometimes now. That's funny- here you'd have been considered old for your class! It goes from those born in September one year to August the next.

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

Old 01-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #95
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

What a nice tradition to have your first WDW breakfast at the same place Nice review and yay I got to see the photos! Mulan rotates in at the princess character meals at Disneyland also - I really like her too.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:27 PM   #96
mommajo143
Mouseketeer

It's never really occurred to me to do a princess meal for breakfast . . . DH, DS2 & DS6 & I always are hot sweaty & tired in our pictures with Cinderella and other royalty after spending the afternoon in the park. We usually have a BFast @ AK & one before parks open in MK but this will definitely be on my mind in the fall. Our ADRs for next month are set and we will try Akershus for an early dinner directly after naps at hotel about midway through the trip. Since I'm the only girl I can only convince the boys to let me have one princess meal per trip. Glad you had fun & I am so very much enjoying reading along on this report. I keep thinking of all the fun we will have next month! Yay!!
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...

mommajo143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #97
partyof2
Colette

Hi Megan,

I am so sorry, I am terrible and have missed so much of your report! I've been kind of MIA from the boards since we got back from our trip; Christmas came around so quickly, then I was away for the New Year, then I was poorly and since then I have been very busy with work.

We saw you in the photo queue at CRT but I was too shy to come and say hi!

Your report so far is fantastic, I really appreciate all the detail and your honest reviews.
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

partyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #98
meggiebeth

Noodles, Haggis and Exploring World Showcase

After a filling breakfast at Akershus we decided to head over to Soarin’ to use our first Fastpass+ of the day. We took a few scenic photographs as we went along...

One of the Food and Wine Festival posters...

My family looking around in awe...

We reached Future World and took a few family photos...

Before admiring what was ahead of us...

Soarin’ was the first ride we ever experienced at WDW and my family were in absolute awe. My dad certainly didn’t expect such a world-class ride at what he thought would be a tacky place. After riding Soarin’ this time, we got a FP to return for later in the day. Our next FP+ was for the Nemo and Friends ride- needless to say none of us were impressed!

Afterwards, we split up. My dad and brothers went off to ride Test Track without a FP and my mum and I went back around World Showcase. We had a look in the Food and Wine Festival centre, with seminars currently taking place. I imagine it’d be any food lover’s paradise.

We walked back through the UK Pavilion and discussed our less-than-stellar experience at the Rose and Crown Pub in 2011. If you are considering it and looking forward to trying British food- don’t try it! The food is absolutely not authentic and tastes pretty processed- unlike fresh yet simple British food.
We saw Mary Poppins greeting guests as we walked through the area...

We looked through Morocco, which we loved!

The bustling little markets and beautiful streets made it one of my favourite World Showcase countries. It’s just a shame about the prices- ridiculously high...!

And then... onto my absolute favourite pavilion- JAPAN! The Mistukoshi department store is absolutely amazing and fantastic for shopping. It is pricey, but some of the products not so much. They have some beautiful bags, hair accessories and more traditional Japanese products. They also have Mario and Hello Kitty merchandise alongside other things- although they are VERY pricey, especially when they are readily available elsewhere in the US for a far cheaper price.

Also in Japan’s Mitsukoshi shop is Pick-a-Pearl. This is such a unique thing to do and I would highly recommend it for a more unusual souvenir. I’ll go into it in more detail when we do it later in the trip. All I must say is NEVER attempt to do Pick-a-Pearl during Veteran’s Day weekend. It is an absolute nightmare! I regret not doing it earlier in the trip when it was far less busy.

Anyway, my mum was taking photos of me in front of the Japan pavilion when a lady accidentally blocked me out by walking in front of me. When she realised, she was incredibly sweet and apologetic and she and her husband offered to take a photo of my mum and I together. We were very grateful!

We caught the end of the candy art demonstration which was entertaining...

Before heading over to the American pavilion to meet my dad and brothers. I love this photo of my mum by the fountain...

And the ducks were rather entertaining too...

After meeting up with the rest of the family, my dad went to the China booth for the F&W Festival and got some noodles, but sadly I didn’t get a photo. He got annoyed later because we passed by the India booth offering chicken curry... which he greatly prefers! We loved the Food and Wine Festival because all the food items could be bought with a snack credit.

I went over to Scotland and got the vegetarian haggis. I wasn’t expecting it to be authentic, but it tasted just like its Scottish counterpart! Absolutely delicious! (Yet ironic that we travelled thousands of miles across the world and chose to taste haggis in Florida...!)

Coming up... our dinner at Garden Grill Restaurant!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #99
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdashgirl View Post
What a nice tradition to have your first WDW breakfast at the same place Nice review and yay I got to see the photos! Mulan rotates in at the princess character meals at Disneyland also - I really like her too.
Sorry about the photo mishap! Eating at Akershus is a nice tradition, and always gives us some good memories to reflect on.

Good to know she does at Disneyland too. My parents are considering going to California and that would of course mean Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajo143 View Post
It's never really occurred to me to do a princess meal for breakfast . . . DH, DS2 & DS6 & I always are hot sweaty & tired in our pictures with Cinderella and other royalty after spending the afternoon in the park. We usually have a BFast @ AK & one before parks open in MK but this will definitely be on my mind in the fall. Our ADRs for next month are set and we will try Akershus for an early dinner directly after naps at hotel about midway through the trip. Since I'm the only girl I can only convince the boys to let me have one princess meal per trip. Glad you had fun & I am so very much enjoying reading along on this report. I keep thinking of all the fun we will have next month! Yay!!
You definitely should consider a princess meal for breakfast! It's a great way to start a fun Disney day! Breakfasts make for less sweaty pictures too!

We almost booked a dinner at Akershus, so it'll be interesting to hear how you get on. I have read you get to visit the buffet for cold 'starters' and then can order a hot meal for your entrée. That sounded really neat to me!

If you've been to CRT, I would say that Akershus has a slightly more 'grown-up' vibe that your boys might like. We found CRT to be a bit like a daycare centre with all the screaming children! Akershus was a lot calmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Hi Megan,

I am so sorry, I am terrible and have missed so much of your report! I've been kind of MIA from the boards since we got back from our trip; Christmas came around so quickly, then I was away for the New Year, then I was poorly and since then I have been very busy with work.

We saw you in the photo queue at CRT but I was too shy to come and say hi!

Your report so far is fantastic, I really appreciate all the detail and your honest reviews.
Hi! How great to hear from you!

I can understand being MIA from the boards- I don't frequent the trip planning forums much anymore because it just depresses me.

Oh no! You should have come and said hi! I looked out for you but didn't know what to look for, and couldn't hear any Dundonian accents.

Thank you for coming over and joining in, and I am very glad to hear from you!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #100
meggiebeth

Dinner at Garden Grill

After a long morning at Epcot we were all a little tired, thirsty and hot. We decided to go back to Saratoga Springs to relax by the pool and get changed ready for a much anticipated meal- Garden Grill!

Garden Grill isn’t talked about nearly as much as some of the other restaurants in WDW, and yet for me, it was one of my favourites of the trip. It is unique in that the restaurant rotates around the ride below, Living with the Land, which makes for an interesting change in scenery throughout the meal, although it is a little squashed for those trying to move around the restaurant.

We arrived and waited ten to fifteen minutes to be seated. Our waitress, Pam, was incredibly friendly and gave us a warm welcome. We had lovely conversations throughout the meal- although unsurprisingly Pam was surprised to hear I was 17. This theme was continued throughout the trip, although I am somewhat used to it anyway!

My family loved the restaurant already. We had a lovely table in a self-contained booth, with lots of space. We enjoyed watching the changing scenes of the ride as it rotated, and the characters were certainly very exciting too!
Pam started off the meal by bringing us out a big bowl of salad and fresh, warm bread.

Basket of Warm Bread with Maple Butter
“Living with the Land” Harvest-inspired Farmer’s Salad

Both were absolutely scrumptious yet simple. My dad said to me;

“See, Meg. This is far better than the Flying Fish Cafe!”

He felt more comfortable, and he understood the menu! Needless to say, he was relieved that this restaurant was so much more suited to our family than the FFC.

We were then brought out an ‘all-you-can-eat’ platter, which was made up of...

• Char-grilled Filet of Beef with Red Wine Sauce
• Roasted All-Natural Turkey Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce
• Sustainable Fish of the Day with Roasted Tomato and Pepper Compote
• Garden Fresh Vegetables
• Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes

All were simple but fresh. The mashed potatoes were really buttery and tasty. We requested more of the turkey and chicken, I believe, during the meal, and Pam was happy to oblige.

Rory was brought out his own little kids’ platter, which was a nice touch. It included:

• Oven-roasted Chicken Drumstick
• Baked Macaroni & Cheese
• Broccoli
• Crispy Sweet Potato Sticks

He didn't like the crackers on the macaroni cheese, but I think that's because he's not used to them! We don't do that in England.

Because I am vegetarian, I ordered a separate meal. Obviously the meaty platter the rest of my family ate wouldn’t be suitable for me! I can’t remember the name, but I had a barbequed vegetable entree. It was very flavourful and tasty, whilst being warming at the same time.

We then got given dessert, which both my parents thourougly enjoyed...

Fresh-baked Harvest Skillet Cake with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream

They ate most of it, as you can see. My dad asked me to take this photo of him eating it, which is quite funny to look back on!

Pam brought out some of the kids’ dessert as well, which was a clever idea...

Cupcake Cone with Crisp Pearls

The cupcake was very fresh and the icing tasty too. I am not usually a fan of icing, though.

I was wearing my birthday badge, of course, and so Pam was kind enough to bring me a card signed by the gang at Garden Grill, along with a sweet treat!
The chocolate cake was very tasty, and I am a huge fan of chocolate so this really pleased me.

The characters we saw were very fun, with my dad particularly eager to meet Pluto. Chip and Dale liked being mischievous and we had some good moments with them too.

And this photo makes me laugh...

We left Garden Grill happy, full, and excited for what the next day of Disney dining would entail. Returning to WDW, Garden Grill would most certainly be at the top of my Disney dining list. You don’t hear much about it in relation to other character meals, but the food is simple yet tasty, the atmosphere is truly unique and the service (at least for us!) was also superb.

Our overall ratings for Garden Grill are as follows:

Atmosphere: 9
Value: 6 (OOP) and 9 (DDP)
Food: 8
Service: 9

Overall Rating: 9

As a short addition to this update, after our wonderful meal we split up again; my miserable brothers and dad refused to watch Illuminations, even though I'd reserved us places in a special viewing area. They went off to ride more rides and my mum and I watched the fireworks. It was extra magic hours afterwards so we returned to the Mitsukoshi shop in Japan!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #101
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Okay, I fell behind a little bit from my vacation, but I'm getting caught up now!

Saratoga is a great resort. We stayed there in January. We ended up in the Springs too, which is just the best location. In that exact building you were in.

The one saving grace to Beaches and Cream is that the arcade is right next door. Gives you something to do while you waste the time. They did change the policy now though and are taking ADR's.

I honestly can't do deluxe dining. It's just sooooo much food for me.

That stinks about Rockin' Roller Coaster! I'm really glad that it opened up and were able to get on!

We ate at Flying Fish on our last trip, and it really is not the most child friendly. I had noticed that right away.

I had the steak there and was disappointed by it as well. My favorite steak is from the Yachtsman by far.

From one of the pictures you posted, I'm thinking your Mom might have gotten the potato wrapped red snapper. It was in the background of the picture of Willum's food. That entree is really tasty.

The F&W festival is one of our favorite times of year to go. I just love the atmosphere and all of the small sampling options.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #102
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Ooo, your vegetarian dish from Garden Grill looks absolutely scrumptious! I do eat meat, but I don't like a lot of it. The restaurant has always intrigued me because of the variety, so part of me hopes to one day try it! It seems a lot less pretentious than some of the other places on property and looks like it'd provide a better experience for my husband and me because we're a bit more laidback. I'm glad you had a better experience than at Flying Fish!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #103
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great time was had by all at Garden Grill
Love the pic of your dad and pluto
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #104
tdashgirl
DIS Veteran

What great photos of Epcot. I think I will like Japan also! There is a store called Daiso where I live, it's like a Japanese Dollar Store. Super cheap and quirky Japanese stuff. I could spend hours there browsing.

I really enjoyed your review of Garden Grill, like you said it must not be as popular because I haven't heard much about it.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #105
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sounds like a great Epcot day and I'm so pleased your GG meal was lovely

I've booked the UK Illuminations viewing for our trip too, last time I did it we went to ride TT instead so hopefully this time we'll actually use it
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrs, party, restaurant reviews, trip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: