Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #106
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow, Franklin's moving photos are awesome!! I was transfixed.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #107
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

I live the pic of Mickey holding your wedding ring habds - it's like he is blessing your rings/marriage

And I am so glad Franklin put that warning about needing to watch the cinemagraphs on a browser. I am reading on the DISapp and was all "i don't get it" :lol:

edit: Ok, looked at them on a browser and they are soooo cool! Loved that you got the reflection of the monorail animated as well!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09

Last edited by TheMaxRebo; 12-20-2013 at 09:21 AM.
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #108
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi. Loved the update. I loved the character photos! Your rings are beautiful. The closeup of your hands with Mickey was super! Franklin, keep the photos coming. My whole family is camera crazy, and they are behind me looking at your pictures. We have a Nikon D-80 and Canon Sx20 and the one above it. You have a real audience here...lol
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

PrincessPaczki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #109
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Congratulations, Mr & Mrs. Pixel Dust

Wonderful wedding photos. Enjoyed your article and Franklin's cinemagraphs.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #110
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, what an insane FP line! Test Track always seems to be the worst with that in my opinion. They are such a low capacity ride and that tends to wreak havoc on it I think.

OMG, I love that Goofy picture! That's so cute.
Wow Franklin, I LOVE the Cinemagraphs!
Thanks! The cinemagraphs were fun to make. Test Track has a very small loading area for the number of people that go through. I figured, with such a long refurb time, they would have done something to help alleviate that. Not make it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherandDaughter View Post
That's sad about Test Track. Its one of my favorite rides.

Spaceship Earth is a good ride. Its very relaxing.
Spaceship Earth is a nice way to sit back and recharge in air conditioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Aweome cinemagraphs! BTW- i do see them on my Ipad
Thank you! I coudn't get it to come up on mine. Oh, technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTinking View Post
Franklin loves the mussels at Belgium? Aww, there were none this year. Only Belgian waffles. I agree with him - the mussels in Brussels are to die for....served with some amazing sauces!!

We did a culinary demonstration as well - it was a great beef dish with a pinot noir from Monterey Coast. Very good and very entertaining. The chef from Raglan Road was there one of the days we were in the Festival Center. He was making trout, which looked delicious, and he was quite funny, telling stories from Ireland all the while. We want to sign up for his demo next year.

Franklin, your cinemagraphs are incredible!

Thanks again for all these amazing trip reports!
Oh yeah, those mussels were plump and juicy. Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I finally caught up on your trip report. Your wedding seems to have gone off without a hitch. You really packed a lot into 24 hours. That is really nice to have all the planning pay off and so many wonderful memories to have of that special, once in a life time, day.

The decor of the California Grill surprised me. Your pictures are the first that I've seen of the new rehab and it seems like it is a lot less "classy" then I think a signature restaurant on top of the CR should be. Was it really that bright in there?

I love the fireworks pictures. We were at WL the first week of Dec and were able to catch the MVMCP fireworks from the beach. They were beautiful and I can see why people go to these parties for the fireworks.

How great that was to meet Wanya. I'll be disappointed if he didn't play your song at the concert.

We are going to the Flower and Garden Show in March and are looking forward to the food booths. We have similar food booths at Taste of Chicago. We'll be at the Beach Club and plan to eat our way around the world. The Epcot resorts are perfect for that.

We didn't ride very many rides on our last trip, and we ended up having a great time. I guess once you ride something a couple of dozen times over multiple years, it just isn't that important to ride it again. We loved being able to schedule our fp+ times for the few rides we went on. I had fun playing with the app, changing fp+ times on the fly and making ADR's while on the bus. It worked well for us but I can see where not everyone would feel the same way, especially if they haven't been to Disney as often as we have.
That is a really cool project. I love looking at all your work.
The wedding day started off a little cloudy, then drizzled off and on. But, it was perfectly dry for our outdoor ceremony. California Grill isn't quite as bright as in the photos. However, it is brighter than the average restaurant at night. This project has been pretty fun, thanks! I already have ideas for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have never even heard of cinemagraphs. SO cool!! Love them!!!!!

We ran into crazy long FP+ lines for both TT and the safari. Thankfully the TT one moved fairly quickly. We didnt even try the safari...the line curved all the way down the street!! There are definitely still some kinks to be worked out.
I had stumbled across cinemagraphs a little while ago. Some have called it GIFs for adults or classy GIFs. So I thought it would be cool to apply it to Disney. A google search only came up with a small hand full of Disney park cinemagraphs. I jumped on the idea to do something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Those cinemagraphs are freaking awesome, Franklin! Love the monorail one!
Thanks! The monorail turned out great. At first, it just seems like a regular photo.
"Why did he take a photo of the monorail track?" Then, BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Hi fellow DC-er! Those pics flighting out of DCA are great!!

Congrats on your wedding!

We managed to get to Epcot on the last day of F&W, and really enjoyed the kimchi dog, as well as the steamed bun in China (and I'm going to try to recreate both for NYE dinner- along with grand marnie slushies!)
I was a little apprehensive of the kimshi hot dog at first. Was it really going to be that good? Oh yes, it was even better. That spiciness was just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuck4Life View Post
The cinemagraphs turned out awesome. Love the monorail and how you were able to have it moving along the track and have the reflection following along in the water as well.

Looks like a lot of work but well worth it. Hope you were able to get the monorail shot in one pass and not have to wait for it to come back around again.
The monorail was the more difficult of the two. I had to go frame by frame. There were a lot of moving elements that needed to be static right next to the moving monorail, like the sky and water.

Funny, you say that about the set up. My tripod was nearly set up, and a monorail came through. UGH! So, I finished setting up, then waited for the next one. That monorail came through. I reviewed the footage, and didn't like the composition. So, again, I reset and waited. That Epcot loop takes forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Wow, Franklin's moving photos are awesome!! I was transfixed.
My powers worked as planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I live the pic of Mickey holding your wedding ring habds - it's like he is blessing your rings/marriage

And I am so glad Franklin put that warning about needing to watch the cinemagraphs on a browser. I am reading on the DISapp and was all "i don't get it" :lol:

edit: Ok, looked at them on a browser and they are soooo cool! Loved that you got the reflection of the monorail animated as well!
Perfect! I'm glad you were able to get it to work. It was disappointing when we put it up and didn't work in the app.

DisBoards IT - Make GIFs work in your app!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPaczki View Post
Hi. Loved the update. I loved the character photos! Your rings are beautiful. The closeup of your hands with Mickey was super! Franklin, keep the photos coming. My whole family is camera crazy, and they are behind me looking at your pictures. We have a Nikon D-80 and Canon Sx20 and the one above it. You have a real audience here...lol
Thank you so much! I started with the Nikon D70s. Well, before that was the film Nikon N80. My backpack for the parks is mostly full of camera gear, sometimes a water bottle if there's room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzasmd View Post
Congratulations, Mr & Mrs. Pixel Dust

Wonderful wedding photos. Enjoyed your article and Franklin's cinemagraphs.
Thank you so much!

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #111
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, we last left off with our very first Food and Wine Festival culinary demonstration. When we came out of the Festival Center, Franklin and I decided to divide and conquer again. This time, I’d run to MouseGear to get the souvenir gifts we needed (and a few things for us, naturally) and Franklin would go get in line for the first Boyz II Men concert. Shopping took a bit longer than I anticipated (doesn’t it always with me?), so I stopped to get Franklin a treat, escargot from the France kiosk and I got my Festival fave, a cosmo slushie.

We ended up with seats in the dead center of the amphitheater, in the second section of seats. Perfect for the concert.

Our new BFF, Wanya.

And yes, I hoped this idiot’s iPad photos turned out horribly.

We had seen Boyz II Men at Epcot a few times now, so we knew a lot of the chatter they’d do before certain songs. Franklin and I had devised a system, once they started Motownphilly (always their last song of the set), Franklin would scamper out of the theater and get back in line for the next show. The plan worked beautifully. And Franklin got to take this gorgeous photo while he waited for me to catch up with him.

We ended up on the right-hand side of the front section of seats. Which worked out perfectly. You see, about midway through the set, they sang Amazed, our wedding song!

Here’s the video

I cried like a baby listening to them play the song, it was just so full of emotion for us.

And during the next song, Wanya came over to our side of the theater.

He high-fived us both and said “Amazed, you heard it!” And he gave us two thumbs up. Seriously amazing moment.

We sat in the Chase reserved seats for the third concert, which were on the left-hand side of the second section.
So we basically had covered every angle that day!

As the concert began to wind down, we escaped to the back of the theater. We didn’t want to get caught in the crush of people exiting.
We had dinner plans, after all.

We took in the sights and did a little dancing as they played their final couple of songs for the night.

We had reservations at Franklin’s favorite WS restaurant, Tokyo Dining! He started with a frozen beer, and boy was he happy.

He had the volcano roll and the spicy roll.

I had the chicken teriyaki.

Everything was delicious, as usual! Franklin had made the bold decision to stay inside for Illuminations, and just enjoy them without taking photos. Shocking, I know! He did manage to capture our view.

After a long day at Epcot, filled with food, music and fun, I was beat. So I bailed on our plans to head to MK for EMH and headed back to Yacht Club. Franklin, on the other hand, was ready for EMH. So he'll pick up there in the next chapter!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #112
DDuck4Life
Vinylmation and Donald Duck Nut!!

The Boyz II Men show sounds like an amazing time. How awesome they were able to play your song and that Wanya was able to pick you out of the crowd for the comment and thumbs up. Though DW did spoil it for me since she already knew what happened from FB while ya'll were there. lol And nice strategy for being able to leave the show and still get a good spot in live for the next one. Smart move

The clouds were really working in your favor for the world showcase shot.

Nothing like topping the night off with some amazing food and a view to match.

Can't wait to see what Franklin was able to accomplish during EMH.
2011 - November - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2012 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR
2013 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2014 - May - Wilderness Lodge - Adventures at 40"!
DL
2011 - April - Solo Day Trip, 2012 - May - Wyndham's Dolphin CoveTR, 2012 - August - Peacock Suites - Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip TR
DDuck4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #113
Britard
Mouseketeer

Amazing concert photos!!

Wondering about the Frozen Beer...all frozen like a slushie or just has a frozen top/foam on it? Looks good!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #114
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

wow, I am "Amazed" at your concert experience! - see what I did there

Seriously though, if I had been in your place and watching our wedding song performed to us by the artist (in our case Ben Folds) I would have been crying like a baby.

That picture Franklin took of the sky is so cool - the clouds look like packages or something.

Glad dinner worked out well and very impressed with Franklin in taking in the moment and not taking pictures - looks like a neat view

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #115
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm....the escargot just made me drool.

I......hate......iPad photographers! Don't you realize you look like a tool!?

How cool that Wanya remembered, they sang Amazed, and then he recognized you guys off to the side. Priceless.

I am trying that frozen beer in January. It's a must have for me.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #116
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Franklin- the cinemagraphs are supremely cool!!! Brings your spectacular photography to a whole new level!

Stunning pictures of the World Showcase, American Adventure and Space Ship Earth at night.

What great experiences you had at the Boyz II Men concerts. That was amazing that you met Wanya beforehand and that they played "your song" and acknowledged you during the show. Certainly something that will be a treasured memory forever!

Once again, your meals at Tokyo Dining looked fantastic! What are the brown cubes with your chicken teriyaki? I really must try the restaurant someday. Frozen beer??? Yes, please!

It was actually refreshing to hear that Franklin just watched Illuminations. As tempting as it must have been to photograph the show, I hope you were both able to enjoy the show together.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #117
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

He high-fived us both and said “Amazed, you heard it!” And he gave us two thumbs up. Seriously amazing moment.

SO AMAZING!!!! What a beautiful memory for your honeymoon!! I love when celebrities do things like that...something that is so minor to them, but so huge to their fans.

That's so fun that you were able to go to all 3 shows. I tried to do that with Hanson last year, but DH was just not having it. And the photo Franklin got while waiting in line is so beautiful!!

Great update! I can't wait to see what Franklin captured at EMH.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #118
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I think it's so great that the guys still dress alike!

Ughhh iPads...so infuriating. I just don't understand how people don't realize how annoying they are!

That is amazing that Boyz II Men sang your song, and that Wanya came over and talked to you! What an awesome memory.

I've never eaten at Tokyo Dining but I LOVE chicken teriyaki...might have to get over there at some point!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #119
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

So cool to see your new friend in concert
That was so cool to have him spot you guys out.
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
MotherandDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #120
mousehappync
Earning My Ears

I've followed (OK, LURKED) your last few trip reports. Like everybody else with functioning eyeballs, I am in AWE of Franklin's photos. My children get so excited when I tell them we are going to look at his fireworks pics-- we've been know to play the Wishes music and read your report

I can't wait to hear about the FUN you have on your honeymoon-- your trips are always so full of enthusiasm! Yay and congratulations!!
mousehappync is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: