Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #46
Britard
Mouseketeer
 
Britard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 205

Beautiful resort!

Wanya sounded very friendly. It is always good to hear stories where famous people are nice!
__________________
"Oh Good, my dog found the chain saw!"

Me DH DD DD DS




Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
DDuck4Life
Vinylmation and Donald Duck Nut!!
 
DDuck4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 195

Congrats! What a magical first day, what better way to start off the trip and I can't wait to see if they are able to play your song.
__________________
WDW
1989 - June - Royal Plaza, 1993 - February - Offsite, 1999 - August - Offsite, 2003 - March - All Star Music, 2007 - October - Port Orleans French Quarter (Disneymoon)
2009 - December - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2010 - July/August - Wyndham Cypress Palms TR
2011 - November - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR 2012 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek TR
2013 - October - Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR / "I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR
DL
2011 - April - Solo Day Trip, 2012 - May - Wyndham's Dolphin CoveTR, 2012 - August - Peacock Suites - Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip TR
DDuck4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #48
alliebelle3
Mouseketeer
 
alliebelle3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 191

Hi Missy! Just joining in. Congratulations on your wedding -- looked like an amazing day! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. My husband and I partially honeymooned in WDW last year (the other half was a disney cruise) and it was the best trip ever.

PS- looks like I'm going to be at the BWV same time as you in May...yay!
alliebelle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #49
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,224

I have been waiting for this TR! In fact, I kept checking for wedding updates in your other TR. I love your TRs so much (probably my favorite on the DIS!) so I am incredibly excited to read this..

Especially since I just booked Yacht Club club level for 2 nights and bought a new fancy camera so I can get ideas from Franklin's photography!

I love your wedding details. You are beautiful and your dress was amazing!!!!! So perfect!

How cool that you met the Boyz 2 Men Singer!! I am loving every single thing so far and can't wait for more!! 11 more days for me!
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #50
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran
 
OhioStateBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,844

All the pictures are so gorgeous!

How amazing that you got to meet the Boyz to Men guy

And even more amazing that he was happy to talk to you. Crazy how things work out like that, right?
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #51
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,131

What a great first night!! Dinner at your favorite restaurant, Hallowishes from the balcony, and meeting Wanya and getting to discuss your wedding song...That's a lot for a first day! The room is really gorgeous too. I never gave the Yacht Club much thought before but this is the 3rd TR in a short amount of time with really pretty pictures of the room, and I am falling in love. I doubt we will ever stay deluxe, but if it ever happened, I might want to stay there!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #52
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Great update!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #53
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,072

Great update!!!

I'm glad the wedding went well and even though you celebrated with friends until late in the evening/early in the morning, you were still excited and full of adrenaline for your trip to the World.

Great pictures from takeoff on the plane!

That is funny that you split up for the ride from the airport to the Yacht Club. Bet they don't see many newlyweds doing that!

Gorgeous room. What is the bedding configuration? Is that a King and a full plus daybed? Queen and a full? That second bed looks awfully small.

I'm glad you enjoyed the meal at the CG. Food looks amazing. Some interesting sushi choices. The pork belly sounds good. The fireworks pictures, of course, are spectacular.

What an incredible encounter with Wayna. Yes, you did totally have to go over and talk to him. I'm sure he was thrilled at the story of your first dance.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #54
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessAmongPrinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 225

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here!! I can't wait to see Franklin's amazing photos! I'm really gonna miss him on my trip next week... I guess photo pass will have to do! Haha
PrincessAmongPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #55
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
What a magical start to your honeymoon!!!
Thanks! It really was a magical evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I loved everything about this update. I did not see a pic of my new best friend though....your engagement ring! Anyways, loved the experience you had with the lead singer of Boyz 2 Men. Your room is gorgeous too. I'm going to be staying at the Beach Club in August and it was really a toss up between that hotel and the Yacht Club.

Ack! You're right, no picture of the engagement ring, or its new buddy -- the wedding band! I'll try to remedy that soon, I promise!

You will love Beach Club! We had a hard time choosing among the Epcot resorts for this trip. But ultimately, we new we'd get to stay at BC and BW with our DVC points on future trips, so we picked the resort we likely wouldn't get to stay at in the future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnits View Post
Wow! Talk about an amazing start to your trip! I love stories like that!
Thanks Jessica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherandDaughter View Post
The new California Grill looks amazing
Your hotel room is beautiful!
Great Update! Looking forward to more

The restaurant refurb did look simply amazing. They manage to refresh it without changing the feel of the room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
Your trip report has already exceeded my expectations. Look forward to more. congratulations!! Very happy it all went so well for both of you.

Thank you. And we're just getting started, it only gets better from here!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Beautiful resort!

Wanya sounded very friendly. It is always good to hear stories where famous people are nice!

He was awesome, I was so glad he didn't make us feel like idiots for coming up to him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DDuck4Life View Post
Congrats! What a magical first day, what better way to start off the trip and I can't wait to see if they are able to play your song.

Stay tuned for more news about the song. We have quite the day at Epcot coming up!


Quote:
Originally Posted by alliebelle3 View Post
Hi Missy! Just joining in. Congratulations on your wedding -- looked like an amazing day! I can't wait to hear more about your trip. My husband and I partially honeymooned in WDW last year (the other half was a disney cruise) and it was the best trip ever.

PS- looks like I'm going to be at the BWV same time as you in May...yay!

Thanks for joining Allie! I can't wait to dive into some of your TRs! That's so cool that you'll be at BWV at the same time as me in May, we'll have to meet up for a snack on the Boardwalk!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I have been waiting for this TR! In fact, I kept checking for wedding updates in your other TR. I love your TRs so much (probably my favorite on the DIS!) so I am incredibly excited to read this..

Especially since I just booked Yacht Club club level for 2 nights and bought a new fancy camera so I can get ideas from Franklin's photography!

I love your wedding details. You are beautiful and your dress was amazing!!!!! So perfect!

How cool that you met the Boyz 2 Men Singer!! I am loving every single thing so far and can't wait for more!! 11 more days for me!

Awwwww, thanks Rachel, you're making me blush! Have a wonderful trip, and you MUST come back and let us know how it was!


Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
All the pictures are so gorgeous!

How amazing that you got to meet the Boyz to Men guy

And even more amazing that he was happy to talk to you. Crazy how things work out like that, right?

It was total pixie dust, the perfect way to start our Disneymoon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
What a great first night!! Dinner at your favorite restaurant, Hallowishes from the balcony, and meeting Wanya and getting to discuss your wedding song...That's a lot for a first day! The room is really gorgeous too. I never gave the Yacht Club much thought before but this is the 3rd TR in a short amount of time with really pretty pictures of the room, and I am falling in love. I doubt we will ever stay deluxe, but if it ever happened, I might want to stay there!

Thanks Kristy! Yacht Club was amazing. We already knew how perfect the location is, but we loved how quiet the resort was. Truly peaceful.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!

Thank you!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great update!!!

I'm glad the wedding went well and even though you celebrated with friends until late in the evening/early in the morning, you were still excited and full of adrenaline for your trip to the World.

Great pictures from takeoff on the plane!

That is funny that you split up for the ride from the airport to the Yacht Club. Bet they don't see many newlyweds doing that!
We may have been honeymooners, but we're grizzled Disney veterans. Divide and conquer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Gorgeous room. What is the bedding configuration? Is that a King and a full plus daybed? Queen and a full? That second bed looks awfully small.

It was two queens and a daybed. We kept our two suitcases on the second queen and our Owner's Locker on the daybed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed the meal at the CG. Food looks amazing. Some interesting sushi choices. The pork belly sounds good. The fireworks pictures, of course, are spectacular.

What an incredible encounter with Wayna. Yes, you did totally have to go over and talk to him. I'm sure he was thrilled at the story of your first dance.

Dinner was so, so good. I'm glad we had the guts to go up to Wanya, it was an awesome experience.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here!! I can't wait to see Franklin's amazing photos! I'm really gonna miss him on my trip next week... I guess photo pass will have to do! Haha

I'm sooooo envous, you're going to Disney so sooooooon!
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #56
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran
 
Tiggerrn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,413

Sounds like a wonderful arrival day!!
I was wondering how CG would be. We were sad to miss it this year. We had a meal there last year during our Mom's only during Food and Wine and I was hoping they would do some "soft" openings while we were there to try things out, but no such luck. Maybe I didn't miss too much after all.

The fireworks photos from CG are so cool. You really get a great perspective on the location they come from.

Your room looks lovely. Can't wait til daylight to see the view!
__________________
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #57
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran
 
luvpoohandcompany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,398

Wow what a brilliant start to married life Love that you partied the night away with your wedding guests and still managed to look all bright and breezy for Disney You and Franklin looked gorgeous on your big day! Brilliant photos as always from your other half. Love that you had the courage to tell Wayna about your first dance song choice and good job on getting the request in . Gotta say I'm more than awe bit jealous of your room and that plateful of chocolate covered strawberries!! Yum

Cant wait to hear more
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #58
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran
 
afnaechiquita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post


i just started on your TR (and read the proposal and totally teared up), but this made me tear up even more. i LOVE flying into reagan for this exact view. it's so beautiful.

looking forward to reading more
__________________
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

So I have never heard of Firefly - how was your experience with them? Your dinner looks very tasty! It's somewhat disappointing about the service but hopefully that changes in the future! We have had some wonderful meals there....

The firework shots! So awesome!!! It's crazy how small Cinderella's castle looks from up there!!

Your room is gorgeous and what a wonderful surprise from the staff. How wonderful. Also, Boyz II Men, not a fan of that style of music and honestly have no idea what the song is. However, how thoughtful and truly appreciative for them to play the song for you. So perfect!!! So absolutely perfect!!

Such a perfect day!! Love it! Can't wait to read more!!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #60
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

We'll be there May 16 to the 24th. We should plan something. At the moment, we're also staying at the Boardwalk. We're going to wait list the Beach Club, but the Boardwalk is great too.

That's so funny that you took DME and Franklin rented the car! That's awesome.

Wow, Franklin is an impressive clean plate club member!

How cool that you met Wanya from Boyz II Men! He sounds like he was really awesome to meet. Glad that he was so nice.

What a great way to start your Disneymoon.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: