Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 03:59 AM   #286
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Love the Soul Mate shirts-between those and your Bride and Groom ears you really do have some cute pictures together

I never would have thought that you could get such great photos of Mickeys Philarmagic but as you say "Franklin knows best" and we should know better than to argue lol

You are definitely giving me some ideas for new restaurants to try on my next trip! The Plaza meal looks yummy

Cant wait for the next installment
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:20 AM   #287
disfanforlife
DIS Veteran

My DH was just saying when we retire if we moved to Orlando he wanted to be a talking Mickey! He can do so many of the voices and sounds just like them! Love your shirts too! I am looking for idea for our next trip for matching shirts for the 5 of us right now.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #288
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yay for talking Mickey! It's fun seeing what other people post to see just how many different kinds of conversations he can have with you.

Love that picture of Cinderella checking out your ring.

Oh my goodness, Franklin is so ridiculously talented! I'm sure DH is going to want to know how in the world he got those pictures of PhilharMagic.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #289
annie170
Mouseketeer

Those Philharmagic photos are amazing! Franklin is so talented!

Could you actually carry on a conversation with the talking Mickey? I thought I'd heard his voice was recorded and was basic responses.

Very cute photos in your soulmates shirts!
annie170 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #290
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

I would of wondered about someone taking pictures during Philharmagic. I'd make snide comments to myself about how they are obviously not going to come out.....boy, wow! That Ariel one is insane! I don't know how he did it!

Looking forward to your next chapter. So many places to get a scrumptious meal...hard to choose!

BTW, you and I now have about 40 days and counting!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #291
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Love the photos with Cindy checking out the ring!

And the Philharmagic shots are just awesome. I'm confused though. Isn't the 3-D image usually fuzzy without glasses on? Did Franklin make a special pair of glasses for his camera?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #292
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

sounds like a nice morning - sleeping in and still making an ADR and meeting some major characters.

I would have been in the same position questioning the taking of pictures of a 3D show, but obviously Franklin knew what he was doing - especially love the ones with with Donald and Ariel reaching out ... almost look 3D!

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #293
white306
Earning My Ears

So excited to have found this thread!

We are going to Disney in October for our first MNSSHP this year. It's our anniversary and his birthday is actually on Halloween so I thought it would be fun.

We had our first trip to Disney World in January and I really did not expect to love it as much as I did. The trip should have been a complete disaster. We both were really sick and ended up at urgent care after our flight! But we got some rest and were able to do more than I ever imagined and now I'm so ready to go back.

You're Hallowishes pictures are gorgeous! Just makes me even more certain that I want to be there to see it!

Thanks for sharing your awesome honeymoon experience!
white306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #294
Careree22
Earning My Ears

WOW! What an amazing trip report! I am subbing def! Can't wait to hear more!!
Careree22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #295
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I love your soul mate shirts! So perfect with your bride and groom ears too!

What a great morning with such fun meets!

And just WOW! What amazingly incredible shots of Philharmagic! How on earth?

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #296
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Mickey and Cinderella....great combo of meet n' greets!

Fun pics of the trolley show too --- its the little things like that show that make MK so special!

Love your t-shirts too!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #297
HarkiQuinn
Earning My Ears

Why does Mickey talk? How is his voice?? Love the pictures with the princesses!

Trip Reports: May 2014 Disneymoon

Family!
Me (25) DH (28)
HarkiQuinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #298
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Wow, that is crazy that Franklin ended up getting those great photos during Philharmagic! I would have thought they wouldn't come out either. Does his camera have reverse 3D technology!? Haha!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #299
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Lightbulb

Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone! And yes, I would throw weird looks a someone trying to take pictures of Philharmagic, too. Without special techniques, photos taken here will be blurry.

Twist my arm. By popular request, here's how to take photos of Philharmagic (or any other 3D show). Rachel is sort of on the right track with the "reverse 3D technology". I'm going to get a bit technical, but I'll try to explain it so everyone can understand. So bare with me.

Shooting any movie can be tricky. The frame rate for a movie is usually 24 or 30 frames per second. Simply stated, a movie is just a bunch of pictures shown really fast, 30 pictures every second. That means the shutter speed on the camera must be set around 1/30 of a second. Any slower, multiple frames may be captured and the photo will be blurry. Any faster, you may only get a partial frame and some of the image will appear blacked-out.

Removing the 3D effect is done with a polarizing filter. You may be familiar with this filter because I use it on my outdoor photos. It makes the sky a deep blue and the grass a saturated green. The filter also reduces glare and reflections off of water, glass and other glossy surfaces.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...olarizing.html

Without circular polarizer

With circular polarizer, notice the water.

What does this have to do with 3D movies? Without 3D glasses both eyes are seeing two images at the same time. That's why the screen appears blurry. The 3D glasses are actually two polarizing filters. One lens is rotated 90 degrees from the other so that each eye sees a different image. You perceive that as depth.

The camera only needs to see one of those images. Using the polarizing filter I mentioned above, place it on your lens. Look through the camera and rotate the filter until you see one image, then take the picture.

But that's not all! A circular polarizing filter reduces the amount of light by 2 stops. It means that the filter acts like sunglasses for your camera. On top of that, the theater is very dark. Most cameras will find it difficult to focus when it is this dark. So, focus first, put the filter on, then rotate it to see one image. The other exposure settings need to be adjusted for the darkness too. The shutter speed was already set at 1/30, so my aperture needed to be wide open at f/2 and my ISO set to 3200. The photos still came out very dark and I had to do a lot of editing to brighten it.

If I were to shoot it again, I would use my new lens, shoot at f/1.4 and ISO 6400. For most cameras, you will be maxing out your dark settings. This is haunted mansion dark, caused by the use of a dark filter in a dim environment. So, this will not work for point-and-shoot or cell phone cameras.

Good luck to those who try it!

Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #300
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
Thanks for the wonderful compliments everyone! And yes, I would throw weird looks a someone trying to take pictures of Philharmagic, too. Without special techniques, photos taken here will be blurry.

Twist my arm. By popular request, here's how to take photos of Philharmagic (or any other 3D show). Rachel is sort of on the right track with the "reverse 3D technology". I'm going to get a bit technical, but I'll try to explain it so everyone can understand. So bare with me.

Shooting any movie can be tricky. The frame rate for a movie is usually 24 or 30 frames per second. Simply stated, a movie is just a bunch of pictures shown really fast, 30 pictures every second. That means the shutter speed on the camera must be set around 1/30 of a second. Any slower, multiple frames may be captured and the photo will be blurry. Any faster, you may only get a partial frame and some of the image will appear blacked-out.

Removing the 3D effect is done with a polarizing filter. You may be familiar with this filter because I use it on my outdoor photos. It makes the sky a deep blue and the grass a saturated green. The filter also reduces glare and reflections off of water, glass and other glossy surfaces.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...olarizing.html

Without circular polarizer

With circular polarizer, notice the water.

What does this have to do with 3D movies? Without 3D glasses both eyes are seeing two images at the same time. That's why the screen appears blurry. The 3D glasses are actually two polarizing filters. One lens is rotated 90 degrees from the other so that each eye sees a different image. You perceive that as depth.

The camera only needs to see one of those images. Using the polarizing filter I mentioned above, place it on your lens. Look through the camera and rotate the filter until you see one image, then take the picture.

But that's not all! A circular polarizing filter reduces the amount of light by 2 stops. It means that the filter acts like sunglasses for your camera. On top of that, the theater is very dark. Most cameras will find it difficult to focus when it is this dark. So, focus first, put the filter on, then rotate it to see one image. The other exposure settings need to be adjusted for the darkness too. The shutter speed was already set at 1/30, so my aperture needed to be wide open at f/2 and my ISO set to 3200. The photos still came out very dark and I had to do a lot of editing to brighten it.

If I were to shoot it again, I would use my new lens, shoot at f/1.4 and ISO 6400. For most cameras, you will be maxing out your dark settings. This is haunted mansion dark, caused by the use of a dark filter in a dim environment. So, this will not work for point-and-shoot or cell phone cameras.

Good luck to those who try it!

Thanks for sharing! Maybe I need to buy another filter! Sheesh, that's one thing the Disboards are bad for, at least for me. My wallet!

Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)

My Trip Reports:
Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: