Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #211
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I loved seeing the progression of the complexity of your costumes over the years! I admit I would've been a little hesitant wearing a costume, but during our trip last week, I had so much fun just wearing a themed BOW in my hair! Just from that, I completely understand why it'd be so much fun to have a costume!!! I absolutely love the frying pan!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #212
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessibelle View Post
Your costumes are awesome! So great that you got those photos with the characters themselves too.

Franklin's photos of Wishes are gorgeous. (I may have stolen one to have as the lock screen on my iPhone *shhhhh*)
Thank you! It was so much fun to meet the *real* Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. I have stolen MANY of Franklin's photos for my phone/iPad home screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Princess View Post
Fabulous update! And boo to the guy who whined about your glow with the show ears.

Fantastic pictures and cinemagraphs.

Disney could use the fireworks photos for their brochures!
Thanks!!! And I'm with you on booing that anti-Glow-With-the-Show ears guy. Say it with me now, booooooooo!

We've joked with our friends that Franklin and I will retire to Florida one day and Franklin will get a part-time job as a Photopass photographer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved Franklin's cinemagraphs. They are so cool!
All the Hallowishes photos look awesome! I just love looking at his pictures. Thank you for sharing them.
That guy that complained about your ears should have moved elsewhere if he had an issue-not just in front of you.
Mad Hatter is always so much fun! I remember DD encountering him at DL when she was 7. She wasn't sure what to make of him. It was pretty funny. She was holding a map and he grabbed it from her and was pretending to read it upside down.
That is a great Mad Hatter encounter! There are just some characters that are better than the rest when it comes to interaction (Mad Hatter, Gaston, the Tremaines, Peter Pan and Tiana are the ones who come to mind).

Quote:
Your character meets are so much fun. My kids are on the shier side when it comes to that so we never get full on interaction. They don't get into character with them so easily.
The key to good character interactions is to throw yourself into them. We like having conversations with the characters (even the ones that don't "talk"). I know some people may think it's weird that two adults with no kids do a bunch of character M&Gs, but we love them and feel it's part of the Disney magic.

Quote:
We don't have any more recent costumed photos than 2006. That was the last time with all of us. As the kids got older, it wasn't as easy to remove them from school to go during the Halloween party season. I have been to a couple of parties since then on mom's only trips, but we only wore T-shirts. But here are a couple of photos from 2006. It was a Year of a Million Dreams year and we were chosen for a special moment (got to launch the boats from Small World). The kids thought that was pretty cool. I think the CMs picked us because we were a family all dressed in a theme.

We had an early dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (back when it was still a character meal)

And this was our family photo in front of the carriage.

Your costumes are AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for sharing these photos, they're fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
How did I miss this! I'm so glad I stumbled across it. Hoping to catch up very soon.
Thanks Janet, glad you found us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I love your outfits and the character interaction you received sounded fantastic
The character interaction was simply the best, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
So I'm not going to lie I often will just sorta scroll over other peeps pictures of fireworks but oh my goodness those pictures of Hollowishes are just amazing!! Your costumes were also adorable!
Thank you! I find myself scrolling through Franklin's fireworks photos pretty often. There's just so much detail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Oh my goodness, I just about died when I saw Franklin's smolder faces! Hilarious and cute!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I loved seeing the progression of the complexity of your costumes over the years! I admit I would've been a little hesitant wearing a costume, but during our trip last week, I had so much fun just wearing a themed BOW in my hair! Just from that, I completely understand why it'd be so much fun to have a costume!!! I absolutely love the frying pan!!!
The first MNSSHP we went to, we were BLOWN AWAY by the level of detail in people's costumes. And we were a bit intimidated by it. But each year, we've felt motivated to do a little better with our costumes than the year before! It's kinda fun to try and outdo yourselves.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #213
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quick trip report break. Franklin and I wanted to share a new project we’ve just gotten underway. Many people over the past few years have asked us how they can follow us on our Disney adventures. There’s Missy and Franklin’s individual Facebook pages and Missy and Franklin’s twitter accounts. But we felt we wanted to do more, we wanted a better way to connect with our Disney friends.

So we’ve created the “World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy” page on Facebook.

What’s the page for? Many, many things! It’s a community page where we can share trip report links with all of you. But more importantly, it’s a place where we can discuss trip planning and all things Disney with our favorite people, you! And if you guys have questions, feel free to ask them on the page. Want to know the camera settings Franklin uses for his Illuminations photos? Just ask! Can’t decide between ‘Ohana and 1900 Park Fare, throw the question out there. We’ll weigh in and so will all our fabulous Disney friends.

I hope the page becomes a place where Disney lovers want to hang out. So come on by and like the page if you enjoy what you see. Hope to see you over there, friends!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #214
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Welcome back friends! We last left off with Hallowishes and a ton of party fun.

Right as the fireworks ended, Franklin grabbed his tripod and made a beeline for the spot we’d decided on for the second Boo to You parade. I thought it would be cool to sit on the edge of the hub, facing the castle. That way, the castle would serve as the backdrop for all the photos. I grabbed our bags and met him over there. Here comes the Headless Horseman now!

Old 02-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #215
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

These rolling candy corns were a new addition to the parade this year. They were a little odd and neither Franklin nor I could figure out why they were added.

As the crowds started to head for the exits, we headed deeper into the park, to Liberty Square to be exact! We ran into some ghostly friends.

We decided if you can’t beat the hitchhikers, you might as well join them.

You can’t go to the Halloween party and NOT ride Haunted Mansion. It’s all done up for the celebration, and even spookier than usual.

Where’s Mr. Toad?

Too much fog. Wait, I think I see him now.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #216
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

As the park started to clear, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider took a photo in their own lantern-lit area.

With the clock winding down on yet another MNSSHP, we had a choice to make. We could either ride a couple of more rides, or we could spend the last part of the party in line to meet Jack Skellington and Sally. We chose to try something new, so at 11:40, we hopped in line for Jack and Sally.

We were the second to last group they let into line before they closed it for the evening. The CMs told us as we got in line that it would be at least 90 minutes before we met Jack and Sally. Luckily there were lots of fun people in line with us. One family was new to DVC, so we talked about that and answered some of their questions about how to use the system. Another couple had just gotten engaged a couple of months before, so we talking wedding planning. And finally, at 12:55 a.m., we made it to the front of the line!

Jack told me he was a little perplexed by my choice of weapon.

They were great characters to talk to, lots of personality! Even at 1 a.m.! We grabbed one last photo before heading for the exit.

Franklin went to turn in his locker key and I jokingly asked one of the transportation managers how much it would cost to bribe a bus driver to drive us back to the Contemporary. Our feet ached after a whole night on them (especially that last 90 minutes in line for Jack and Sally). He laughed and picked up his walkie talkie. He told me to head for the bus at depot No. 10 and it would take us anywhere we needed to go. Talk about pixie dust! Franklin was shocked when I told him what had just happened.

When we got to the bus, the driver said “are we going to the Contemporary?” and chuckled. I thanked our knight in shining armor and picked from our wide array of seats.

With another fun Halloween party in the books, we’ll stop there for now. What do you guys think of the party? Were we crazy for getting into the Jack and Sally line?

Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #217
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The pic of you two in the Tangled area is absolutely adorable!

I'm really surprised they kept the line open for Jack & Sally that late knowing it would be well after midnight before you were able to meet them! That's pretty cool. And it was probably a good choice, because even though you waited over an hour, it wasn't like you could have been doing anything else in that hour anyway!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #218
katt789
DIS Veteran

What awesome updates from the party!! It really looks like you've got some amazing shots from parades, shows, even just around the parks! I definitely know the pirate parade performer you got a picture of, do you mind if I share that photo with him?

Amazing interaction with Rapunzel & Flynn, they're always so much fun!! Glad that you exchanged satchel secrets too!

Caseys is totally the best snack place to go to at mnsshp, some corn dog nuggets really hit the spot!! NOM!

Ugh, I miss halloween sooo much, especially at Disney!! It's just so much more magical and awesome, and dressing up makes the night SO much better!

This past year I did 4 parties, lol! One as Wendy:

Two parties as Tink (with my Mom as Peter!)

and then with the best friends as Sally & Ursula

And one as Alice with the best friends as Wendy & Prince Eric

I CANNOT wait for next year!! We have at this point, 3 parties planned, going as the Bimbettes & Gaston, Move It Shake It dancers, and the fairy friends (terrance, rosetta and vidia!)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #219
courtneybelle
I don't have a skull. Or bones.

I got a little bit behind, but I had to let you know that I actually gasped at the Splash Mountain cinemagraph! At first I was just excited to see a beautiful picture of my favorite ride, then it started moving and I was shocked!

That is such a cute interaction with Rapunzel and Flynn, especially them wanting to know what was in Franklin's satchel!

Love the Hallowishes photos! I was pretty underwhelmed by Holiday Wishes so I feel like I need to see Hallowishes ASAP to complete the trifecta, plus I hear they're much better.

Just liked the Facebook page and followed you both on Twitter! Great idea for the FB page

The candy corns do look a little awkward, more like traffic cones than candy!

That's awesome that you were still able to get in line! I know that at our MVMCP, they had cut off the Mary Poppins line at 11:15 and I was really surprised. I think you guys made a good call though, they're so rare that it's definitely worth a longer wait!
courtneybelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #220
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

ok, in the least "guy" thin I have every said/written ... I love your shoes!

Franklin's cuff-links are awesome! I would so wear those all the time!

great idea with the screen to cover the HVAC unit!

so sweet how you got to now your cake maker!

love the picture of Franklin taking a picture of you. Also the pictures of you guys in the picture booth are great!

ok - actually TR comments

Your costumes look great! so fun!

That is so nice of the CM to give you a FP anytime card ... definitely things like that add magic to being at Disney

Love Franklin's picture going through the "tube" in Space Mountain

more super cook cinemagraphs - seriously, Disney should use them on their website

seems like a great meet & greet with Repunzel and Flynn - good job out of Franklin making him promise not to tell

what a great spot for Hallowishes! The castle is prefectly centered!

ok, following your Facebook page :D

dang - I bet a frying pan doesn't work so well against ghosts

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #221
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great party night!!

Great idea for the FB page - I just liked it!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #222
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Whoa, those Haunted Mansion CMs looked dead serious, haha! And the addition of the cobwebs and such is just perfect for MNSSHP.

It's horrible, but I've never watched A Nightmare Before Christmas! Howard has the DVD, but I've just never been in a mood to watch it. I know I MUST watch it because there are so many people who love the movies, so clearly I'm missing out!

Amazing bus pixie dust!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #223
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I love that lobby, so much so that Franklin had one rule when we decided to buy a DVC contract at VGF: He made me promise that I would actually leave the GF lobby when we stay there.
We toured the VGF lobby last month after seeing those gorgeous photos that Franklin took. My iPhone camera doesn't capture the beauty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Here's my shameful secret, I've never set foot in WL. I want to, desperately, it just hasn't happened yet. I will get there (at the very least next December so I can see the legendary Christmas decorations!)
You better be prepared to be at the WL for awhile if Franklin brings his camera. That resort is gorgeous with a million photo ops. He won't be able to stop taking pictures.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #224
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

All right! Getting caught up from vacation.

I'm really loving the Cinemagraphs. The ones from the Magic Kingdom are just great.

That's so funny that everyone was asking you what's going on with all the cameras and tripods! People see a group and they just assume something they need to know about is happening.

Stupid ducks jacking up the shot! It's stunning, not jacked up at all!

Woah! Tonga Toast being uprooted from it's favorite breakfast perch?! That's impressive. We were tossed up between GFC and the Captain's Grille for breakfast this last trip and we went with Captain's Grille. It was pretty good, so I can't complain.

That resort just looks absolutely stunning. Just beautiful.

Wow, those Louboutin's are pretty awesome.

I'm glad that the CM at Guest Relations was able to get everything taken care of for you quickly. That would have been frustrating!

you guys look too cute as Rapunzel and Flynn by the way. Nice work on the smolder!

Can you turn your ears off?! Seriously, Disney sells them for a reason! I hope they really catch on in WDW, because the sea of them that is in Disneyland is crazy!

I love Sally! She would be such a fun character to play.

Wow! Private bus and all. That's pretty cool.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #225
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Still here! Oh my goodness, the party looks like it was so much fun! I like that y'all got a picture in front of the Kingdom of Corona. How very appropriate.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: