Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #181
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Missy,

I PM'd you, but I'm not sure that it worked because after I hit send, the whole thing reappeared, I hit send again, and then it said it sent. Did you receive anything? If not, I'll have to PM you again tomorrow.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:17 AM   #182
AlohaLucie99
Seeing the World through the eyes of my baby

wow Missy those Disney touches were fantastic. I loved them all as nothing screamed Disney but instead just added subtle touches. The shoes were gorgeous and I really liked the white pumpkins on the tables and Franklin's cuff links and ... yep loved everything.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. I love Franklin's photos.

Lx
Little Aloha's Fourth Trip to Disney World June 2012
Little Aloha's Fifth Trip to Disney World Dec 2012
Little Aloha's Sixth Trip to Disney World April 2013
Little Aloha's Seventh Trip to Disney World Oct 2013
Little Aloha's First Trip to Disneyland Resort/Disney California Adventure Feb 2014
Little Aloha's Eighth Trip to Disney World May 2014
AlohaLucie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #183
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

OMG Missy you really did a brilliant job Wish you were planning my daughter's wedding. Love all the little details but especially love Franklin's cufflinks . You both looked absolutely stunning and the expression on your face during the Hora is priceless
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #184
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Oh and the VGF are pretty cool too-forgot to mention them I was so blown away by your wedding
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #185
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Your pictures are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN I ENVISIONED!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!
I also love that French toast and sausage...Think that is a "must do" on our first "childless" trip in many, many years!!!! Youngest will be "tucked" away in college and we will be taking a 4 night, 5 day trip the first two weeks of December to check out the Holiday decorations at WDW!!!
CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Hoping to get a lakeview studio at VGF! If not, BWV is our second choice! Both have great advantages...Think that the VGF though is my preference for this trip! Really looking forward to walking as we love to do around...Will walk over to Captain Cooks perhaps for lunch one day as we hear that it is very good for a quick serve! CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MY DOLE WHIP!!!! YUM!
jerseygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #186
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

A little late to the party.....

Missy...all i can say is....

WOW!!!!

You two look amazing....love all the wedding details, the pictures, everything! What a fabulous job! I wish you both a lifetime of love, health and happiness!!!

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #187
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

Missy, What amazing photos of the GF and of your wedding! Seeing your photos makes me want to stay at the Grand again. Its such a relaxing, beautiful place. I need to find out how to make the topiaries for my sons rehearsal dinner in September. Everything with your wedding was thought out perfectly....your giving me too many ideas!
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

PrincessPaczki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #188
MotherandDaughter
Mouseketeer

The details in your wedding were amazing!
Summer 2013: Offsite
Next trip: none at the moment

DD DM DD
MotherandDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #189
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I absolutely ADORE all the Disney touches in your wedding! I really wish that we had more time (and the desire) to incorporate the many ideas I had in mind. When we planned our wedding, I started really detesting it for the last couple of months because it was stressful trying to handle the logistics + family expectations with Chinese traditions and such + planning and teaching, which is already stressful on its own! I wanted to get married at Disney SO badly and just have an Escape wedding from the start of it, but it wasn't really "allowed." I got really anxious thinking about being in front of everyone and being the center of attention.

The only Disney additions we were able to include were our pens that were part of our favors. My husband designed these, and you can see the castle to the right!

I, on the other hand, was doing all the other crafty things. I did our placecards by hand and had a punched Mickey head on them. I also made our favors, which were greeting cards (two of those with a pen were put together in a little package). Lastly, most of my time was spent making our centerpieces. It saved us a TON of money, but it ate up so much of my time.

I look at your wedding pictures and read your recap and think about how much FUN it looked. Though I love our wedding day because I got to marry my best friend, I still look back and wish we could have done it our way (small wedding in Disney, dinners/informal parties with people back home). People kept telling me, "You'll regret not having a big wedding!" and I said that I wouldn't, but they didn't think I knew what I wanted. I did then, and I still do now!

I think all that gives me a good excuse to have a vow renewal or something in WDW years from now :D hehe.

*Hope you don't mind I added pics! I'll delete them if you do!*

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #190
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Congratulations on your wedding, I loved all the details - so beautiful

I'm also loving your Disney TR too, the photos are beautiful and OMG I could very happily live in the GF Grand Villa
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #191
jerseygal
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to missy and franklin, and to rachelninja!

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH YOU NEWLYWEDS, MISSY AND FRANKLIN AND RACHELNINJA AND HUBBIE! MAY BOTH OF YOU COUPLE LIVE LONG HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIVES TOGETHER!

Missy and Franklin, your wedding pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Racheninja...I LOVE your Disney pens and the centerpieces were SO PRETTY!

Hope that you both enjoy DVC with your husbands and perhaps future family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jerseygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 PM   #192
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful wedding! I really love the subtle touches --- so much thought put into it all!

And the Newseum! What an awesome venue! I've been there for meetings and liked it a lot, so I can only imagine how cool it was as a wedding venue.

Congrats!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #193
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Missy, your wedding was classy, glamorous, beautiful, fun loving and really showed the spirit of you and Franklin. I love every detail! I really love the photos at the end with Franklin & his camera. Every single detail is so thoughtfully designed. Congratulations again!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #194
annie170
Mouseketeer

What an amazing wedding! Every detail is just perfect!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #195
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Missy,
Your wedding was beautiful and all of the subtle Disney details were perfect! I am enjoying reading your TR. We are staying at the GF in June for the first time. The VGF looks amazing!!

bama belle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: