Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What's with the (?) ??????????????????

I suppose if you run out of time, you are excused....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
It's that day and we're so excited, just not sure what time in the afternoon. I'm seeing my wing girl, you know that! I know you're not morning girls so that's what the ? Is for., it's for the time not intent, I half suspect you know that and are just poking fun at me. And in that case, you got me. Lol!
And there I was hoping it was back to just Olga's and PIO's wing.

Have a great time. Please take lots and lots of pictures.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #77
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
It's that day and we're so excited, just not sure what time in the afternoon. I'm seeing my wing girl, you know that! I know you're not morning girls so that's what the ? Is for., it's for the time not intent, I half suspect you know that and are just poking fun at me. And in that case, you got me. Lol!
Saturdays we are usually up by 9AM because that's when Darcy shows up and we have to get moving on cleaning, moving boxes and the like. I'm just kidding you! But I do hope that you get over to see the place sometime in the afternoon before Michael has to leave.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #78
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
And there I was hoping it was back to just Olga's and PIO's wing. Have a great time. Please take lots and lots of pictures.
In the infamous words of High School Musical: we're all in this together! I'll take loads of photos.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 11-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #79
rentayenta

Quote:
Saturdays we are usually up by 9AM because that's when Darcy shows up and we have to get moving on cleaning, moving boxes and the like. I'm just kidding you! But I do hope that you get over to see the place sometime in the afternoon before Michael has to leave.
We'll be there for sure! His flight isn't until 6 pm and we've got 3 things on the agenda: check out if the DLH, visit your house (including my, PIO's, and Olga's wing)- is that good PIO-lol- and get M to the airport. It's Chloe's birthday too. I bought her a Hobbit Pez collector set today. Impulse buy.

Storytellers is scheduled but I have a feeling Earl will suffice so they can have a little more DTD time.

How far is the new place from LGB?

Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #80
franandaj

Quote:
We'll be there for sure! His flight isn't until 6 pm and we've got 3 things on the agenda: check out if the DLH, visit your house (including my, PIO's, and Olga's wing)- is that good PIO-lol- and get M to the airport. It's Chloe's birthday too. I bought her a Hobbit Pez collector set today. Impulse buy.

Storytellers is scheduled but I have a feeling Earl will suffice so they can have a little more DTD time.

How far is the new place from LGB?
It's pretty close. The backyard backs up almost to the corner of Bellflower and Atherton. You have to exit via Anaheim Rd in Park Estates. It's a quick trip up Clark to Willow and over to Lakewood Blvd. I would say 15-20 min tops.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #81
rentayenta

Quote:
It's pretty close. The backyard backs up almost to the corner of Bellflower and Atherton. You have to exit via Anaheim Rd in Park Estates. It's a quick trip up Clark to Willow and over to Lakewood Blvd. I would say 15-20 min tops.

Perfect. We'll chat as it gets closer but that sounds great. You are so close. Do you visit the house everyday?

I can't believe we'll be in California is 25 days! Now just to get through Vegas for Thanksgivingukkah..

Old 11-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #82
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
visit your house (including my, PIO's, and Olga's wing)- is that good PIO-lol-

I reckon we can probably get one more post of mileage out of this when you visit OUR wing.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #84
franandaj

Quote:
Perfect. We'll chat as it gets closer but that sounds great. You are so close. Do you visit the house everyday?
It depends on what else is going on. We usually try to bring a load of stuff over there every day, we are bringing more and more stuff all the time, but we need to get the alarm in place. Not that anything we are bringing is really worth anything to thieves, I mean dishes and dining room sets that go for less than $200 on Craigslist really aren't a motive for B&E. The stuff we're bringing over right now only has value to us, but yeah unless we visit the park or have something else going on, we're over there at least once a day. We have to check the mail.

Quote:
I can't believe we'll be in California is 25 days! Now just to get through Vegas for Thanksgivingukkah.. [/CENTER]

Hope you make it through that one....soccer tournament? Right?

Old 11-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #85
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Caught up with the plans. I agree, that drive from Baker to OC is long and pretty much a yawn-fest. We usually stop in Barstow for some Big Boy or completely unhealthy snacks at Love's truck stop. It's the little things that make the drive better for me!

As for your Disney plans and dates ... it's a brilliant move to be in the parks the 19th and 20th since local schools don't get out for winter break until the following week.

What a great way to celebrate Chloe's birthday at Storytellers. I love the different characters that you don't see in the parks all the time.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #86
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

I reckon we can probably get one more post of mileage out of this when you visit OUR wing.

I think you're correct. My trip report tittle may include something about OUR wing. Like the Alison's luggage wrapped roast, OUR wing will have a story of it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I was buying a card yesterday and actually saw one that said

Happy Thanksgivingukkah

Made me think of you

It's so terrible. I know I sound like a big whiny baby but I like my holidays separate and observable. We're getting totally ripped off this year on many levels. Thanksgiving in Vegas, without the girls and Michael is bad enough but couple that with Hanukkah at the same time and it's no bueno. We'll be able to light the first night of Hanukkah candles on Wed (without Michael, he'll be at the FD), then no candles for any of us nights 2 and 3. The girls and Michael will be able to light on night 4 (Saturday), and then I'll be home Sunday night with Joshua but Michael will be back at the FD. I am thinking of shifting Hanukkah altogether and celebrating when we're all home for at least 5/8 nights. Waaaaahhhhhh!

Quote:
It depends on what else is going on. We usually try to bring a load of stuff over there every day, we are bringing more and more stuff all the time, but we need to get the alarm in place. Not that anything we are bringing is really worth anything to thieves, I mean dishes and dining room sets that go for less than $200 on Craigslist really aren't a motive for B&E. The stuff we're bringing over right now only has value to us, but yeah unless we visit the park or have something else going on, we're over there at least once a day. We have to check the mail.

Hope you make it through that one....soccer tournament? Right?

I didn't think about the house being empty so you have to be careful what you move over- smart thinking. I just remember when we bought our first home, not that this is your first, but we'd drive by and sit across the street while the people still lived there and imagine and dream about what it would be like when we lived there.

Soccer, Vegas, blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Caught up with the plans. I agree, that drive from Baker to OC is long and pretty much a yawn-fest. We usually stop in Barstow for some Big Boy or completely unhealthy snacks at Love's truck stop. It's the little things that make the drive better for me!

As for your Disney plans and dates ... it's a brilliant move to be in the parks the 19th and 20th since local schools don't get out for winter break until the following week.

What a great way to celebrate Chloe's birthday at Storytellers. I love the different characters that you don't see in the parks all the time.

Brenda. Thank you for being here.

There is a Big Boy? Like a Bob's Big Boy of yesteryear? Where? I loved Big Boy as a child. I agree, it's the fun snacks and music and chatter that make the drive totally doable.

I didn't realize that So Cal kids would still be in school but of course they will. That's excellent and thank you for pointing that out. That little tidbit makes me even more excited. I wonder how crowded the parks will be? The hours are really good.

Chloe loves Chip and Dale and I know we'll see them at Storyteller's. It's also a little more of a mellow character meal and I like that.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #87
franandaj

Quote:

I didn't think about the house being empty so you have to be careful what you move over- smart thinking. I just remember when we bought our first home, not that this is your first, but we'd drive by and sit across the street while the people still lived there and imagine and dream about what it would be like when we lived there.
Yeah, the gardener told us about neighbors who had a whole surround sound theater system installed without a security system. They came in the next day to find it gone. I don't think anyone is going to take our Mickey dishes or dining room set, but we do need to get on that alarm system. We called one place and got a quote. We need a permit from the city. PITA!

Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 AM   #88
rentayenta

Quote:
Yeah, the gardener told us about neighbors who had a whole surround sound theater system installed without a security system. They came in the next day to find it gone. I don't think anyone is going to take our Mickey dishes or dining room set, but we do need to get on that alarm system. We called one place and got a quote. We need a permit from the city. PITA!

You need a building permit to get a security system? Did the owner before you not have one? Good old CA making their money. Your home is in a beautiful and safe area, I'm sure you wont have issues but better safe than sorry.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #89
rentayenta

Our friends went to Wyoming today and for a $10 tree permit, they cut us this gorgeous and imperfect tree. Can't wait for lights Tuesday when Michael is home. I scored some super cute Disney ornaments from Hallmark at 75% off last year. I'll post those tomorrow but for now, the biggest Hanukkah bush around.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #90
PrincessInOz
in

Beautiful tree. Look forward to seeing the version with the decorations up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: