Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #376
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Woot woot girl! Awesome! Park Hopper? Sweet! I'm so excited for you. We went last year, for a day, during this time, and the weather was perfect. Leaning towards a hotel?
I'm torn on the hotel right now. (I blame you for the visions of DLH in my head! ) I'm looking at the Fairfield Inn (I am trying to earn a free night with Marriott rewards), HoJo, Annabella, or I don't know! I was going to rent a car and everyone except HoJo charges for parking. I'm looking at Embassy Suites too...I just found a couple of packages that have free wireless and free parking...plus the free cocktails in the evening...Hmmm, that could work.

Jill in CO
Old 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #377
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm torn on the hotel right now. (I blame you for the visions of DLH in my head! ) I'm looking at the Fairfield Inn (I am trying to earn a free night with Marriott rewards), HoJo, Annabella, or I don't know! I was going to rent a car and everyone except HoJo charges for parking. I'm looking at Embassy Suites too...I just found a couple of packages that have free wireless and free parking...plus the free cocktails in the evening...Hmmm, that could work. Jill in CO

There is nothing like staying on property. The Embassy Suites also has free food with the cocktail hour. And they have ART which is east to use. Promise.

HoJo is totally overrated in my opinion. They charge near resort rates and it's not worth it.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 02-25-2014 at 02:10 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #378
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

There's also Casa Nueva, but that's pretty far away and rather primitive. I'm not even sure if there will be a bed there. Probably, but not certain. If there is a bed, you can't beat the roomie!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 02-25-2014 at 03:42 PM.
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #379
MEK
DIS Veteran

I saw them make those candy canes on a food show. I was absolutely shocked at the size of them and the process they go through to make them. It's very cool. Found this youtube video for you.

Yay for an early check-in. I never thought about using points to pay for a room, but that's definitely an option.

I'm glad everyone got up and going without too much of a hassle. Can't wait to hear about your day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #380
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
There's also Cass Nuevo, but that's pretty far away and rather primitive. I'm not even sure if there will be a bed there. Probably, but not certain. If there is a bed, you can't beat the roomie!
Casa Nuevo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I saw them make those candy canes on a food show. I was absolutely shocked at the size of them and the process they go through to make them. It's very cool. Found this youtube video for you.

Yay for an early check-in. I never thought about using points to pay for a room, but that's definitely an option.

I'm glad everyone got up and going without too much of a hassle. Can't wait to hear about your day!

They're about magical candy canes ever. I'd call them one of the best souvenirs ever. I have the one bubble wrapped and every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

The kids aren't generally a pain at Disney. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Points are certainly not the smartest use but when our Disney vacation accommodations budget is almost completely paid for with points, we do what we have to. We've been very lucky though. All three times at the DLH, we've paid for a standard view but got a premium one.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #381
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Casa Nuevo.
Darned auto correct. It shoukd have said Casa Nueva!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #382
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Darned auto correct. It shoukd have said Casa Nueva!

Si señorita. You've put it out there. We're going to visit in masses. Warn Fran.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 AM   #383
rentayenta

I am so sorry for the major delay in updates. Between Mexico and our cruise on the Disney Wonder http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751, I have neglected this report. For any of you still interested in reading, thank you.

After grabbing our Candy Cane bracelets, it was time to hit our second favorite holiday ride, HMH Holiday. Our first is IASW holiday. Okay, okay, my favorite is IASW and theirs is HMH.

They allowed me a drive by shot on the way to high tailing it to HMH:

And a brief one of them. Think Gabby needs sunglasses?

Everyone had their coffees/cocoas and a small pastry, aside from me. Not a Disney pastry lover. Anyone else find them dry? Even on the ship, they were dry. On the way we had to grab Indy FPs.

We're here!!! NBC is also one of our top Disney movies. This ride is a must do. I love that its an option for about 3 months out of the year.

I swear, no detail is left out. After enjoying the queue which was not long, it was our turn to ride the doom buggy. Chloe took some decent shots of the inside. This is a very hard ride to photograph without a flash and because we're always moving. Our girl did a great job.

A few of the exterior:

Continued in next post.......

Last edited by rentayenta; 09-09-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #384
rentayenta

Continued......

I wasn't even 10 am and my crew was ready for Splash.

We hailed our cookies up the hill only to find out it was 101. Back down to POTC we went. You can't go wrong with devils, scoundrels, and really bad eggs.

Some scenery compliments of Chloe. I really enjoy seeing the parks though her eyes.

Well hello handsome:

Our destination:

One one day I'll make it into that suite:

Side view:

Our girl tried to take some of inside the attraction. This is another one that is so difficult to get a great shot in.

Lazy bun hair:

Like yours Alison:

Yo ho, yo Ho, a pirate's life for me:

There is a sign at the beginning of this scene that says *Captain's Quarters*. M is a captain at the FD and I would love to get him one similar.

And one of my faves:

Take a wench for a bride:

Back into the daylight:

It was time to use our Indy FPs.

Finally after Indy, I get my castle shot. A rushed half-butt shot but one none the less.

Grabbed a FP for Star Tours and then took a stroll with a StromTrooper:

Love that Space.

We opted out of our regular breakfast of Miinnie pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace for more rides and trail mix. The pastries satiated the beasts so off we went for more FUN!

To be continued......

Last edited by rentayenta; 09-22-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:33 AM   #385
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It is nice to see you continue your DL trip report. I will have to go over to your DCL TR. I am thinking of doing a DCL one day and maybe your TR will convince me to think about it.

You and your family were able to go on a lot of rides that day which is always good when you go first thing in the morning. All of your pictures of your family are very nice and look all happy during the whole day at DL.

Great updates and nice to see that you continue on your DL trip report.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 AM   #386
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I can't wait to get to do Haunted Mansion Holidays again. I am also really excited about finally seeing It's A Small World Holidays. Chloe did a wonderful job with the photos. I know that when I tried to take photos inside Haunted Mansion Holidays, only two or three sort of came out.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 AM   #387
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

YAY! Another update.

I quite like Disney pastries when they are fresh. The trick is working out WHEN they are fresh.

Chloe did a great job on the HM pictures. It is quite tricky taking shots in there and she got some great ones.

You did well in PotC as well. Was that Chloe again? Great job.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #388
rentayenta

First off, thanks for still reading and posting friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
It is nice to see you continue your DL trip report. I will have to go over to your DCL TR. I am thinking of doing a DCL one day and maybe your TR will convince me to think about it.

You and your family were able to go on a lot of rides that day which is always good when you go first thing in the morning. All of your pictures of your family are very nice and look all happy during the whole day at DL.

Great updates and nice to see that you continue on your DL trip report.

I recommend giving a cruise a try especially if you can find one out of the west coast. It as different kind of Disney though, good, but different. I will elaborate on that sooner than later in my report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I can't wait to get to do Haunted Mansion Holidays again. I am also really excited about finally seeing It's A Small World Holidays. Chloe did a wonderful job with the photos. I know that when I tried to take photos inside Haunted Mansion Holidays, only two or three sort of came out.

Corinna

Thanks you, I will tell her. She loves to have the camera. IASW holiday is so heartwarming to me. I have lots of pics of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
YAY! Another update.

I quite like Disney pastries when they are fresh. The trick is working out WHEN they are fresh.

Chloe did a great job on the HM pictures. It is quite tricky taking shots in there and she got some great ones.

You did well in PotC as well. Was that Chloe again? Great job.

Chloe took almost every photo of the day aside from the ones she was in.

Yeah let me know when the pastries are fresh. Maybe it's a secret? I have yet to have one that was worth the calories.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #389
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're here!!! NBC is also one of our top Disney movies. This ride is a must do. I love that its an option for about 3 months out of the year.

I agree! The holiday overlay for NBC is fabulous! Although I'm not too observant of all the details they do add things every year. Disney at it's finest!

Quote:

Chloe did a great job capturing the hidden Mickey in the plates!

You guys are so adorable! You are the fun family that everyone takes notice of in the parks!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #390
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I agree! The holiday overlay for NBC is fabulous! Although I'm not too observant of all the details they do add things every year. Disney at it's finest!

Chloe did a great job capturing the hidden Mickey in the plates!

You guys are so adorable! You are the fun family that everyone takes notice of in the parks!

Thanks Brenda. I think she did a great job too. She really enjoys taking the photos so its a win-win.

I agree, HMH is Disney at its best. This year I'm determined to meet Jack and Sally. I need a new goal as I nabbed candy canes last year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: