Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #151
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,997

ONE week.....WOW! So excited for you. Envious. But so excited for you.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #152
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
ONE week.....WOW! So excited for you. Envious. But so excited for you.

Thanks! I am a little freaking out as I have planned next to nothing as far as how our days in the parks will look. I spent hours wrapping my children's gifts last night and it looks like other than one stocking stuffer for Joshua, I am done. Neighbor gifts are ready to go, work treats are ready too, and my inlaws are taken care of. I have to grab some cash for my nephew and a card to out it in and then I want to get my SIL something pirates from Disneyland.

And then there's the foster care gift drive but that should be totally wrapped up by Sunday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
K&T never ask for anything which makes them impossible to buy for. Evan's list is pretty short (Xbox games and pricier dressier clothes like a peacoat and a sports jacket lol) and Eric's has "reasonable" (clothes, books, DS games, a mute for his trumpet, some other fancy trumpet thingy)and "unreasonable"(new bike, Xbox One) categories.



For the E's, Santa is bringing them each one game (it's Santa, it has to be a toy...as long as they want them, y'know?) and then 4 books, and the usual stocking stuffers which is tees, socks, underwear, calendar, candy and an ornament. We are giving them a pair of sweat pants and souvenir $$ for the trip. I also have pins for trading but they will get those at our arrival breakfast. They will also get new PJ's on xmas eve, tradition

A bit concerned about Evan's game, it's on backorder so may not get here in time and I really want Santa gifts there so may have to purchase one locally (for more) and then return the other one. We will see. Other than the socks, underwear and calendars...I'm done with the boys (or at least it's all ordered).

All I have for K&T so far is an ornament!


An ornament? You better get on that girl!

I'd buy the game then return the other. A mom has got to do what a mom has got to do.

Love the new pi's tradition. We do ours Christmas Day along with my egg frittata. It's like the only holiday thing I make. Michael is going to make either gurney or prime rib on Christmas Day. We are leaning towards the beef because it takes less time to cook and we're going to the local homeless shelter mid morning to help serve food. It's good for the kids and for us. :good vibes

A pea coat? I like Evan's taste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
7 Days!!!!
I'm sooooooo unprepared! And we're equally excited! Love our family Disney time together. It's honestly one of my favorite things in the whole world. :clouud9:




It's set to snow like crazy late next week so I am so happy that we leave next Wednesday. It's so cold here I can't stand it!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #153
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,984

Getting excited for you and your family that you are less than a week to go until your trip.

Great timing for you and your family to head to the DLR when it is going to snow. It has been cold here in NorCal as well.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #154
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Getting excited for you and your family that you are less than a week to go until your trip.

Great timing for you and your family to head to the DLR when it is going to snow. It has been cold here in NorCal as well.



Its so cold here Bret, I can't stand it. It's January cold. Can't wait to see even the 60's in So Cal.




Trying to decide now if we should do Storyteller's or Goofy's for Chloe's birthday breakfast. Storyteller's has a 10:10 and Goofy's has a 10:30. Storyteller's does a la carte. Goofy's doesn't. We'll be at the DLH which is a bonus but I like Storyteller's vibe better. Chloe loves Chip and Dale. Goofy's is a crap shoot with what characters are there other than Max. How does Max get so much airtime? Storytellers would require us getting up earlier but both require check out before breakfast unless we can get a late check out which we've been pretty successful with on trips past but with it being the Saturday before Christmas, we might not get it.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #155
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

I'd go for Storytellers. That's where Chip and Dale will be right?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #156
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'd go for Storytellers. That's where Chip and Dale will be right?

Thats what I'm thinking too. They won't love the 10:10 but 10:30 isn't much later. I love the food at Storytellers too.

We leave in 5 days!!!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #157
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!
 
PHXscuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Blazing Heat, AZ
Posts: 2,572

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Its so cold here Bret, I can't stand it. It's January cold. Can't wait to see even the 60's in So Cal.




Trying to decide now if we should do Storyteller's or Goofy's for Chloe's birthday breakfast. Storyteller's has a 10:10 and Goofy's has a 10:30. Storyteller's does a la carte. Goofy's doesn't. We'll be at the DLH which is a bonus but I like Storyteller's vibe better. Chloe loves Chip and Dale. Goofy's is a crap shoot with what characters are there other than Max. How does Max get so much airtime? Storytellers would require us getting up earlier but both require check out before breakfast unless we can get a late check out which we've been pretty successful with on trips past but with it being the Saturday before Christmas, we might not get it.
Hmmm ... it's only a 20-minute difference in reservation time but Storytellers would require the extra 10 minute walk too. If it's Chloe's birthday, let her pick (and tell her siblings to smile and indulge her anyways if she picks the earlier one!)

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #158
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

5 Days!!!!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #159
lisalawless1979
Shameless Disney Parks Lover
 
lisalawless1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post


Isn't the DLH the best? I'm so excited to stay there even just for one night. How long will you be there?
This is my first time staying there! I usually do GCH, last time I tried PP. This is a solo quick weekend trip - just me Friday-Sunday. I can't wait
__________________
lisalawless1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #160
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,348

I just got back from our boat tour that one of our realtors invited us on. Evidently they purchase a "subscription" with one of the boat companies and get a certain number of cruises each year. Her husband drove the boat and they ordered an huge tray of appetizers from George's Greek Grill and had a couple bottles of wine for us to drink while cruising. We went all over the inside water ways and our last part we did the Naples canals.

You will love "Mazel Turk!" when you see it next weekend! Does someone in your party drive the boat or does the operator drive? I would imagine that the waterways are pretty congested that night. We had fun seeing all the lights and it was a very temperate evening. I didn't even need my coat, I just had a long sleeve henle T-shirt, but then the boat was enclosed.

You'll have a great time next weekend!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #161
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just got back from our boat tour that one of our realtors invited us on. Evidently they purchase a "subscription" with one of the boat companies and get a certain number of cruises each year. Her husband drove the boat and they ordered an huge tray of appetizers from George's Greek Grill and had a couple bottles of wine for us to drink while cruising. We went all over the inside water ways and our last part we did the Naples canals.

You will love "Mazel Turk!" when you see it next weekend! Does someone in your party drive the boat or does the operator drive? I would imagine that the waterways are pretty congested that night. We had fun seeing all the lights and it was a very temperate evening. I didn't even need my coat, I just had a long sleeve henle T-shirt, but then the boat was enclosed.

You'll have a great time next weekend!
Sounds idyllic! I bet the Naples canals were wonderful!
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #162
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Hmmm ... it's only a 20-minute difference in reservation time but Storytellers would require the extra 10 minute walk too. If it's Chloe's birthday, let her pick (and tell her siblings to smile and indulge her anyways if she picks the earlier one!)

PHXscuba


Good idea but I'm trying to surprise her. She'd choose Chip n Dale for the characters. She'd choose Goofy's for the sleep. She's a teenager.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
5 Days!!!!

We're all so silly excited. Last night we watched Tangled and Mulan in anticipation.

How's your weekend? Are you finished with your holiday shopping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalawless1979 View Post
This is my first time staying there! I usually do GCH, last time I tried PP. This is a solo quick weekend trip - just me Friday-Sunday. I can't wait

How wonderful. You can see and do whatever you want on your own time frame. I like the DLH rooms better than the GCH rooms. I'll be interested in what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I just got back from our boat tour that one of our realtors invited us on. Evidently they purchase a "subscription" with one of the boat companies and get a certain number of cruises each year. Her husband drove the boat and they ordered an huge tray of appetizers from George's Greek Grill and had a couple bottles of wine for us to drink while cruising. We went all over the inside water ways and our last part we did the Naples canals.

You will love "Mazel Turk!" when you see it next weekend! Does someone in your party drive the boat or does the operator drive? I would imagine that the waterways are pretty congested that night. We had fun seeing all the lights and it was a very temperate evening. I didn't even need my coat, I just had a long sleeve henle T-shirt, but then the boat was enclosed.

You'll have a great time next weekend!
Did you take photos? We will drive the boat. We aren't doing it the night of the boat parade now but the night after. The night of had a 4 hour minimum. I think we'll bring wine and cheese and crackers and meats for our cruise. I'm excited because we are 4:30-6:30 so not only will we get to see the lights but we'll get to see the sunset. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #163
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

I love watching Disney movies in trip anticipation!!!! You guys are going to have such a fabulous time!

I have a few presents left to buy. How are you doing? What's left to do before you leave?
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:45 AM   #164
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I love watching Disney movies in trip anticipation!!!! You guys are going to have such a fabulous time! I have a few presents left to buy. How are you doing? What's left to do before you leave?

Isn't it the best?! Tonight we had my work Christmas party but in all honesty, I would have rather been home, warm, and watching Disney movies with Michael and the kids. I'm such an old lady.

What are your family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day?

I'm pretty much finished. Tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriends, that I do the foster child gift drive with, for brunch and that's really been the majority of my focus. I'll give them the remaining gifts and then I'm done. Michael still needs to make the girls' 1D VIP ticket for Chloe's birthday as we have to take it with us to CA.

I haven't packed or even brought up the suitcases. My bedroom looks like Santa puked in it due to all of the foster child gifts. Once that's done, I'll focus on the trip. I work Monday and Tuesday. I don't have the coverage to take off Tuesday or I would.

Please let me know when you've started your trip report.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #165
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,637

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Isn't it the best?! Tonight we had my work Christmas party but in all honesty, I would have rather been home, warm, and watching Disney movies with Michael and the kids. I'm such an old lady.


Hey, that's what I'd rather be doing too! There's truly nothing better than being with your loved ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

What are your family traditions on Christmas Eve and Day?
Christmas Eve with mom and we have Chinese food and then open gifts. Christmas Day with dad and stepmom, have brunch, open gifts, and usually watch an old Christmas movie with grandma. Very low key, but wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm pretty much finished. Tomorrow I'm meeting my girlfriends, that I do the foster child gift drive with, for brunch and that's really been the majority of my focus. I'll give them the remaining gifts and then I'm done. Michael still needs to make the girls' 1D VIP ticket for Chloe's birthday as we have to take it with us to CA.

I haven't packed or even brought up the suitcases. My bedroom looks like Santa puked in it due to all of the foster child gifts. Once that's done, I'll focus on the trip. I work Monday and Tuesday. I don't have the coverage to take off Tuesday or I would.
What do you give the foster kids? Sounds like a wonderful program to be involved in.

VIP 1D tickets, very cool! Will this be the third time they've met them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Please let me know when you've started your trip report.
I started it last night, I put a link in my last TR, but if you haven't seen that here's another one:

VGF TR
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: