Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #691
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer

Garden Grocer?

We are arriving on 1/30 for two nights than moving over to POLY for three more days. Wanted to order some water, juice, fruit and yogurt from Garden Grocer but wondering what their service charge would be for a small order. If they are delivering multiple orders to the POP at the same time does everyone pay the same high service charge?
Old 01-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #692
sweetpea29488
Mouseketeer

We usually have the little one with us but we are going the end of Feb. for my birthday, just the dh and myself. I was wondering since it's winter would the Petals bar still be open?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #693
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to fit a toddler sized cot (60"x26") in the sink area? What about a pack n play?
Has anyone tried either?
My son sleeps so much better when he has his own "area" and I was thinking it would be really nice to be able to close the curtain and let him have his own "room".

Thanks!
I've tried searching a ton of different key words and can't find the answer. :/

Pre Trip Report
Photobooks/TR linked below
May 2010 POP(Photobook); January 2011 ASMu (TR); January 2012 POP(Photobook)
Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #694
huggiebear23
Can't wait for Disney!!!

The sink area is small. I would suggest a pack and play maybe by the table

Old 01-24-2014, 05:41 PM   #695
rebeccalancaster
Mouseketeer

Checking in Sunday!!! Can't wait to be back!

Me DH DD (17) DS (10)

June 2001 Port Orleans Riverside 4 days
January 2007 POP 8 days
January 2008 POP 12 days
November 2011 CBR 7 days
January 2014 POP 7 days
Old 01-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #696
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Is it possible to fit a toddler sized cot (60"x26") in the sink area? What about a pack n play?
Has anyone tried either?
My son sleeps so much better when he has his own "area" and I was thinking it would be really nice to be able to close the curtain and let him have his own "room".

Thanks!
I've tried searching a ton of different key words and can't find the answer. :/
I do remember reading that someone put a pack & play in that area for the same reason you would like to do it. If he's a light sleeper, that might not be a good location for him though as he'll be able to hear the "bathroom noise" from not only your room but also the rooms around you.

Would an inflatable toddler bed tent work for him? That way he'd have his own space but you could put it anywhere in the room. Just a thought...
Old 01-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #697
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
I do remember reading that someone put a pack & play in that area for the same reason you would like to do it. If he's a light sleeper, that might not be a good location for him though as he'll be able to hear the "bathroom noise" from not only your room but also the rooms around you.

Would an inflatable toddler bed tent work for him? That way he'd have his own space but you could put it anywhere in the room. Just a thought...
You did!?? Yay! He's a great sleeper actually and we use white noise so that would block out the bathroom noises mostly. The problem is he usually stirs around 5 or 6am, he goes right back to sleep if he can't see us/is in his room, but when he's in the room with us he pops up and wants to party. LOL So him being in the sink area could get me another 2 hours of sleep! and 2 hrs is a lot! LOL

A toddler bed tent? Hmmm...I'll go googling! Thanks for the tip! Never even heard of one before!

Pre Trip Report
Old 01-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #698
Ready to go in Ok
Those suckers can attack from a distance
I laugh at me too sometimes
I would totally rock the big hair again!
Simmah Dan Nah!

We are going to Pop for our first time 3/15. I am beyond excited!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #699
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilRenee View Post
Has anyone tried either?
My daughter uses the pack & play behind the curtain. She puts it in the corner right under the safe. It has worked well for my youngest two granddaughters over the past several years. She had always put the pack & play out in the room with the oldest granddaughter, but for the very reason you stated - the second one liked to be put away in the dark and left alone to just go to sleep on her own - she started putting it over in the sink area. She has just continued to do that with #3.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #700
AmyandMichael
Mouseketeer

Pop

Headed to POP mid March So excited to finally have it paid off We have never been to POP but will be celebrating our daughters 6th birthday and 5th Forever Family day. Any suggestions to make our trip more fun and enjoy the resort more would be appreciated.

Read our family's adoption story at www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com
Old 01-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #701
AprilRenee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
My daughter uses the pack & play behind the curtain. She puts it in the corner right under the safe. It has worked well for my youngest two granddaughters over the past several years. She had always put the pack & play out in the room with the oldest granddaughter, but for the very reason you stated - the second one liked to be put away in the dark and left alone to just go to sleep on her own - she started putting it over in the sink area. She has just continued to do that with #3.
Thank you so much!! Yay!!! That's one concern to check off the list! Woohoo!!

Pre Trip Report
Old 01-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #702
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Good Evening!! I just wanted to stop by and share my thoughts on POP from our January trip. We traveled from 1/5 to 1/12 in a total party of 7 with 3 rooms.

We were very lucky to get the 50's section on the side closest to the resort hub. We also were VERY lucky to have our rooms right in a row! We were very impressed by Pop's accommodations on this. We had requested 1) To be close first, 2) Near elevator and 3) King Size Beds for 2 of the rooms. The only thing we didn't get was a king size bed for the one room. But that was ok, we got everything else!

I must say, after staying at the All Star resorts I was much more impressed with Pop. It was great that it had its own bus system which we never had to wait more then 10 mins for. We were so lucky to also have great housekeeping which I have had issues with in the past.

The rooms were clean and the food was great! We were told that Pop was almost 100% sold out and we didn't have any issues at all due to this. It was an excellent trip!

Here are some pictures from our great trip!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports
Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #703
DisneyFun08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Good Evening!! I just wanted to stop by and share my thoughts on POP from our January trip. We traveled from 1/5 to 1/12 in a total party of 7 with 3 rooms.

We were very lucky to get the 50's section on the side closest to the resort hub. We also were VERY lucky to have our rooms right in a row! We were very impressed by Pop's accommodations on this. We had requested 1) To be close first, 2) Near elevator and 3) King Size Beds for 2 of the rooms. The only thing we didn't get was a king size bed for the one room. But that was ok, we got everything else!

I must say, after staying at the All Star resorts I was much more impressed with Pop. It was great that it had its own bus system which we never had to wait more then 10 mins for. We were so lucky to also have great housekeeping which I have had issues with in the past.

The rooms were clean and the food was great! We were told that Pop was almost 100% sold out and we didn't have any issues at all due to this. It was an excellent trip!

Here are some pictures from our great trip!

Thanks for the review. I'm thinking of trying POP in July. Have stayed at AS Sports and Music but curious about POP. I think you sold me!
Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #704
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFun08 View Post
Thanks for the review. I'm thinking of trying POP in July. Have stayed at AS Sports and Music but curious about POP. I think you sold me!
I love POP! We're going in May for our third stay there. Next to the Poly, its my favorite resort.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #705
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Just booked my May trip to see the Flower and Garden at EPCOT. Was just at Pop Century the first week in Dec and loved it. Great resort; fortunately I'm able to go back so soon. I think I've got withdrawal symptoms...LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: