Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #676
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceUponATime15 View Post
We did a preferred room in Dec at Pop. It was our first stay at Pop & we wanted the convenience of knowing we were close to the main building & busses. We were in the 60s section.

We spent our down time at the Bowling Pin pool in the 50s section & loved it. Next time we decide on Pop - I'm def requesting a standard view pool room in the 50s section or 70s section - those rooms are just as convenient as where we stayed.
Glad you had a great time and that you enjoyed POP. My friend and I were at POP in December as well, on the lakeview side of Bldg 5 (60s). One of my favorite locations.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #677
huggiebear23
Can't wait for Disney!!!

I love staying standard in the 50's

huggiebear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #678
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

We always request 50's building 1, ground floor & always get our request met. We only stay standard. My DH decided to time our trek to the food court in Nov & it took us 10 mins to get there, fill our mugs & get back to our room. We were not rushing either. Our room this time was the corner room behind the laundry building. We would never pay for a preferred as it's maybe an extra min walk then the standards.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #679
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggiebear23 View Post
I love staying standard in the 50's
Our second favorite area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
We always request 50's building 1, ground floor & always get our request met. We only stay standard. My DH decided to time our trek to the food court in Nov & it took us 10 mins to get there, fill our mugs & get back to our room. We were not rushing either. Our room this time was the corner room behind the laundry building. We would never pay for a preferred as it's maybe an extra min walk then the standards.
Only once did we not have either a 50s or 60s location. That's when we were in Bldg 9, 4th floor, end room by the stairwell. It was on that trip we discovered that we loved end rooms. So nice and quiet! The computer pool seem less busy that the others.

We feel the same way about the preferred categories. Nice if you want the guarantee of certain areas/buildings, but not necessary for us. We are so happy at Disney, we will be fine most any where!

Hope everyone stays warm out there.. for us near Phila, the high is going to be 8 degrees.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:34 PM   #680
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Last trip we ended up on the 4th floor of building 4 - right over the kiddie pool. Pure dumb luck, as I don't think we had booked a preferred view (I could be wrong..). But it was an excellent location - loved the view and the vibe. Loved standing out on the walkway people watching - especially at night. It was so relaxing to watch people swim, to watch the storms roll in, and the lights and sounds of the area of the Hippy Dippy are just so awesome! I would not mind this area again. The easiest area for us - when using WDW Transportation - is the 90's. We really loved being over there. This upcoming trip is 75% resort only....so being close to busses is not important for us. I just asked for 4th floor and lake view - maybe good luck will rear it's head twice and we will get close to our last room?

Expect lots of rambling's from me about Pop in the next 6 weeks 6 days - need something to pass the time till I get to my home away from home!

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #681
fairydust1278
"The path to your destiny lies within the magic of your heart."

We will be staying at Pop this April. Booking standard but not sure which section to request. My mom is disabled and has to use a scooter to get around. Any advice you guys could give would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #682
andigomeep
Mouseketeer

We'll be back at POP on Sunday!!!! So close! We requested 50's ground floor.. is that area going to be semi-quiet for a midday nap for my son? And is it close to the parking lot?
andigomeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #683
huggiebear23
Can't wait for Disney!!!

I never had any noise issues.. Have a great trip!!

huggiebear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #684
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggiebear23
I never had any noise issues.. Have a great trip!!
Me either... last January I was by myself A LOT while DD was working...it was SO quiet (I was ground floor of bldg 5 facing the lake) I swear I thought someone had come through and murdered everyone in all the rooms around me!!! This was during the day and into the night. Really rather creepy how quiet it was!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #685
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust1278 View Post
We will be staying at Pop this April. Booking standard but not sure which section to request. My mom is disabled and has to use a scooter to get around. Any advice you guys could give would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I stayed in building 3, 50s section, in a ground floor room facing the lake (I was thankful for the ground floor because the nearest elevator didn't work for most of my trip). My only issue with the scooter was having to figure out how to get it out of the room by myself - turning around was hard, and holding the door while backing up was also hard, so I would put it in freewheel and push it backwards out the door.

If your mom's got someone to hold the door for her, she should be fine.

I also found ground floor in the 50s to be pretty quiet, even though the resort seemed very busy. (This was in mid-October.)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #686
AustinWells
Mad Man

Pop in may!

Staying the week of 5/10-5/17 at pop! I've heard crowds aren't too bad and its very enjoyable. Also just booked a regular room and requested ground floor and as close to the main building as possible, what's the chances this happens?

AustinWells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #687
blackmamba10000
Mouseketeer

The 50's section is my favorite too. We just got back from POP! We were in building 3 and lucked out with a fourth floor room overlooking the lake and AoA. Just perfect! We've never had trouble with noise at this resort either.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #688
RubyV
Mouseketeer

I ARRIVE ON THE 31ST!!!!

Carry on.

We are Ruby (37), Pixie (10), and RJ (45).
RubyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #689
CounselorX
Mouseketeer

Only 1 hour today and 8 hours tomorrow of work left. Driving to the airport at 4:00 AM Saturday!

CounselorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #690
JamieLM
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for answering my question about standard vs preferred. I put in the request today to stay lake view at 50's or 60's based on your comments.
JamieLM is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: