Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #556
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran
 
SmallWorld71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 4,999

We (DS14, DD10 and I) were there last April and decided to let fate decide where we would be and did not put in any requests. We had booked standard. We ended up in Building #3 (50's) on the back side - we could see the lake if we looked to the left, the pathway to the parking lot if we looked straight ahead, and the path to the bowling pin pool if we looked to the right.

We really enjoyed this location. We had a car and it was equidistant from the parking lot and the main building. But, the best part is, it was so quiet! We were on the first floor and never heard any noise. I would absolutely stay in the 50's again.

A few years ago, we were there for just a night and ended up in what would now be considered preferred, pool view. (Pretty sure this wasn't a category then, just preferred) We were on the 1st floor, just a few feet from the Hippy Dippy Pool. Now, this was during a cold snap in Feb. and the temp's were in the 50's/ 60's. So, we were fine. But, there is no way I would want a preferred, pool view room in the warmer months. Way too much foot traffic and noise. (IMO)

We are hopefully heading down to WDW for Christmas and DH has requested the 80's. We'll see what happens.
__________________
me DH DS18 DS15 DD11 Zeke Coco

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #557
shell8558
DIS Veteran
 
shell8558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 1,002

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread - but can you tell me if there is a privacy curtain between the bathroom and beds?? Thanks
__________________
1994 WL * 2007 ASMo * 2008 ASMo* 2009 POR *2010 CBR * 2011 POR * 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek * 2013 ASSp * 2014 POP *
shell8558 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #558
MacDalt
DIS Veteran
 
MacDalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IN
Posts: 1,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell8558 View Post
Forgive me for not reading the whole thread - but can you tell me if there is a privacy curtain between the bathroom and beds?? Thanks
Yes there is.
__________________
Me: DH: DS: DD:

April 2000 October 2013 (Pop Century)
April 2002 Next: August 2014
April 2004
April 2006
April 2013
MacDalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #559
shell8558
DIS Veteran
 
shell8558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 1,002

Thanks so much!
__________________
1994 WL * 2007 ASMo * 2008 ASMo* 2009 POR *2010 CBR * 2011 POR * 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek * 2013 ASSp * 2014 POP *
shell8558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #560
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 242

Green Grocer???

My nephew and I will be arriving at POP on 1/30. I was thinking of ordering a case of bottled water from the Green Grocer it's just the 2 of us so wondering if they have a minimum order requirement. Has anyone used their service?
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #561
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin
My nephew and I will be arriving at POP on 1/30. I was thinking of ordering a case of bottled water from the Green Grocer it's just the 2 of us so wondering if they have a minimum order requirement. Has anyone used their service?
Its Garden Grocer....lol There is a $40 or $50 minimum and a $14 delivery charge. Its very worth it. We used it for our trip in October for breakfasty type foods. It saves you money in the long run to have food delivered to your room. Just go to www.gardengrocer.com to place your order. Its very easy to do. And all of the Disney resorts, with their addresses, are in there for delivery. Have Fun!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:19 AM   #562
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Bundle up if your doing the parks today and tomorrow!! I just saw tge weather for Orlando....brrrr.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #563
Lsdolphin
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Its Garden Grocer....lol There is a $40 or $50 minimum and a $14 delivery charge. Its very worth it. We used it for our trip in October for breakfasty type foods. It saves you money in the long run to have food delivered to your room. Just go to www.gardengrocer.com to place your order. Its very easy to do. And all of the Disney resorts, with their addresses, are in there for delivery. Have Fun!
Thanks I guess if I had searched for "Garden" grocer I might have found info I was looking for!
Lsdolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #564
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsdolphin

Thanks I guess if I had searched for "Garden" grocer I might have found info I was looking for!
Lol!! That's why you come here their prices are fair too...they don't double their prices for the convenience. Ill definitely use them again when we go in 2015.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #565
Montyrob
Mouseketeer
 
Montyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 118

We used garden grocer last week and it was well with it, we ordered a 24 pack of water and they gave us a 32 bonus pack at no extra charge

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
"
Montyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #566
crosstheborder
Mouseketeer
 
crosstheborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sedro Woolley, WA
Posts: 80

I realize this has probably been asked and answered many times over...but, I know there are no coffee makers in the room but is it still okay to bring your own from home? My mother-in-law has to carry her coffee maker on the airplane (new in the box) and when she checks in at Pop I don't want them to confiscate it

Thanks!
crosstheborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #567
taterheads
Mouseketeer
 
taterheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheborder View Post
I realize this has probably been asked and answered many times over...but, I know there are no coffee makers in the room but is it still okay to bring your own from home? My mother-in-law has to carry her coffee maker on the airplane (new in the box) and when she checks in at Pop I don't want them to confiscate it Thanks!
It should be fine at POP they state no appliances like hot plates etc. but coffee pots are fine. Have you checked to see if she will be able to carry her pot on though, if the pot is made of glass they may require her to check it. Just a thought.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #568
crosstheborder
Mouseketeer
 
crosstheborder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sedro Woolley, WA
Posts: 80

Thanks for the reply. We have checked with my brother-in-law who works in the airline industry and he feels she shouldn't have any problems carrying it on the plane
crosstheborder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #569
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

I've brought an empty wine bottle (it was a gorgeous bottle) in my carry-on luggage flying home, and had no problems - the TSA guy did pull my bag for a quick search, but only to make sure it was empty. Later I did think the same thing - what's to stop someone smashing it over someone's head or something? But... allowed!
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #570
taterheads
Mouseketeer
 
taterheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I've brought an empty wine bottle (it was a gorgeous bottle) in my carry-on luggage flying home, and had no problems - the TSA guy did pull my bag for a quick search, but only to make sure it was empty. Later I did think the same thing - what's to stop someone smashing it over someone's head or something? But... allowed!
That's what I was thinking. Surprised it's allowed. Glad to know though. Keeps things from getting broken!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: