Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #361
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
I will be fighting for a KTTW card tooth and nail. My son has cognitive disabilities and I cannot imagine what it will be like to spend time trying to get any issues sorted out when he knows we should be doing something else.
You need to be aware that the KTTW card won't exempt you from my magic+ problems though because it works via RIFD chip also. The KTTW at pop also doesn't have a magnetic reading strip to allow you to pull FP-. So if you are staying at pop you will essential be getting a KTTW card that is just a bandless magic band. This is actually true for all value resorts now including AoA. Not trying to squash hopes just want to make sure you are aware for what you are going to be dealing with. If your son has cognitive disabilities I suggest looking into the DAS which may help even out the process for you guys if his difficulty is understanding waits, changes in plans, etc. I'll be crossing my fingers that your trip is smooth as butter and that you have a great time.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #362
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
All you have to do is have one of you opt out of MBs. If you already customized them, just give it back at check in. Do not ask for it as a backup. They will tell you they don't give them out as backups. You must "opt out".
I think that is so silly. I don't mid opting out of them but I want to keep them as souvineers.
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #363
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
You need to be aware that the KTTW card won't exempt you from my magic+ problems though because it works via RIFD chip also. The KTTW at pop also doesn't have a magnetic reading strip to allow you to pull FP-. So if you are staying at pop you will essential be getting a KTTW card that is just a bandless magic band. This is actually true for all value resorts now including AoA. Not trying to squash hopes just want to make sure you are aware for what you are going to be dealing with. If your son has cognitive disabilities I suggest looking into the DAS which may help even out the process for you guys if his difficulty is understanding waits, changes in plans, etc. I'll be crossing my fingers that your trip is smooth as butter and that you have a great time.
We are planning on trying to get him a DAS. I honestly could care less about pulling extra FP but not being able to get into my room or access my dining credits is a big deal. If he's tired and ready to sleep and we have to wait 30 min to get into our room it's going to be very stressful.
DS6

Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #364
taterheads
Mouseketeer

My understanding is that those types of issues are getting better and that when they do appear it is usually only on one persons band. Since all the adults bands can work as room keys and hold dining credits you can most likely use another party members band until evening time when you get back to the resort and can have your band reset. Hopefully everything will move smoothly though. Try not to get stressed based on dis reviews. Go into it with information how to fix any difficulties that may arise but a positive outlook that hopefully you won't need to ever have any difficulties. If you do have difficulties, my advice, you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Every time I talk to a CM right now they are exhausted and I have been told that my kindness is a breath of fresh air, subsequently I have had nothing but positive experiences in speaking with them so far concerning all these issues or concerns I have had. Hang in there and hope for the best! I'll be hoping for y'all too!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #365
shh
Earning My Ears

"If he's tired and ready to sleep and we have to wait 30 min to get into our room it's going to be very stressful."

Not sure it'll make you feel any better, but just to let you know we just stayed at POP about a week ago - during extra-busy Thanksgiving weekend and through early part of following week. While I'm no fan of current FP+ structure/restrictions, I will say the bands themselves worked flawlessly for us...never had a problem opening the room door, charging food/drinks or getting into parks. I know that may not be guaranteed for you, but I do think WDW has fixed more of the issues that were causing huge problems the past few months of testing. Hope you have fun...I love POP!
shh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #366
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
My understanding is that those types of issues are getting better and that when they do appear it is usually only on one persons band. Since all the adults bands can work as room keys and hold dining credits you can most likely use another party members band until evening time when you get back to the resort and can have your band reset. Hopefully everything will move smoothly though. Try not to get stressed based on dis reviews. Go into it with information how to fix any difficulties that may arise but a positive outlook that hopefully you won't need to ever have any difficulties. If you do have difficulties, my advice, you can catch more flys with honey than vinegar. Every time I talk to a CM right now they are exhausted and I have been told that my kindness is a breath of fresh air, subsequently I have had nothing but positive experiences in speaking with them so far concerning all these issues or concerns I have had. Hang in there and hope for the best! I'll be hoping for y'all too!
Oh I definitely agree. Anything that may happen is not the CMs fault. I feel sorry for them right now. Eight years in retail taught me a lot. They are taking the brunt of the guests anger and it has to be getting old.

I'm hoping hoping everything goes well, I'm just concerned. This is my kids first trip and it's a rather short one bc we aren't sure how DS6 will handle it. I don't want to spend hours trying to get issues fixed when it all could be avoided by allowing back up cards. I know the issues are getting better but there still are issues. It's new technology, there are always kinks in new technology (another thing retail taught me). I can handle that. I just think there are still a few to many kinks for them to go magic band only.
DS6

Old 12-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #367
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Also remember the RFID that is in the band to open the room is also in the key card to open the room. Have a KTTW doesn't mean you will have few problems getting into the room. Additionally the POP KTTW cards are demagnetized so they won't be able to swipe that card either for food or room charge. Again, it will all be RFID which could work or not work just the same as on the band.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #368
lowlight79
Earning My Ears

Coming back for 4 day from 2/28/14 to 3/3/14. Staying here for the first time as it was one of the only places left where I could get my sisters 40% employee discount. Got a preferred room for the fiance and I. It's is a decent place?
lowlight79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #369
disneydan11
Earning My Ears

Checking in Christmas Day

We will be arriving via car on Christmas Day around 5pm. What kind of crowds might be expected at the check in counter? I was thinking (hoping) that maybe since it is Christmas day most people who were planning on going to WDW would already be there and the check-in would go fairly quickly.

We have Chef Mickey ADR's for 6:30, does anyone know how much time we should allow for check in at Pop so that we are able to make it to the Contemporary by 6:30?
disneydan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #370
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

So excited! Just booked bounce back for next year and we're staying at pop! Can't wait! We've missed pop this year!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

DisneyFaeriePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #371
lulugirod
Earning My Ears

Leaving early Thursday morning. Heading into last minute packing overload! Cannot even believe it is so close! Been counting down since July. Best part? Kids don't even know yet!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #372
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulugirod View Post
Leaving early Thursday morning. Heading into last minute packing overload! Cannot even believe it is so close! Been counting down since July. Best part? Kids don't even know yet!
So exciting! I don't even know how you have managed to keep it a secret!

Have you got something special organised to tell them about it?
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #373
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlight79 View Post
Coming back for 4 day from 2/28/14 to 3/3/14. Staying here for the first time as it was one of the only places left where I could get my sisters 40% employee discount. Got a preferred room for the fiance and I. It's is a decent place?
Yes! We love Pop. Hopefully you will too!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #374
lulugirod
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post

So exciting! I don't even know how you have managed to keep it a secret!

Have you got something special organised to tell them about it?
Yes!
Our elf arrived with a special package right after Thanksgiving.
The tag reads, "Do not open till December 11. 4:00 pm."
The top of the unwrapped box has a poem and when it is opened, it spills the secret.
They have little to no interest in the box! Currently, they think its pajamas. Ha!
I will be glad when they know so I can quit editing every thought I have before I say it out loud.
We have Mickey pj's, personalized t shirts, and fleece jackets wrapped up to open upon arrival at Pop!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #375
FLkid
Mouseketeer

Soo I booked pop Dec 1-6 knowing I would be leaving late at night on the 5th. I only booked the extra night so that I could spend all day at the parks and not have to worry about getting packed up and leaving my stuff in a warm car all day.

I check out on the 5th around 8:30 at night, the nice lady at the counter tells me "because it's after 1, we can't give you a refund for this night" I tell her that's no problem as I had already known I would be checking out that day and didn't expect any type of compensation.

Today I wake up and find that they have refunded me around the same price as a one night stay...

hello unexpected Christmas shopping money!
FLkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: