Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #346
MouseloverJD
Mouseketeer
 
MouseloverJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 276

7 days, only 1 more week, until I arrive at POP! So excited, I am finally ready to start packing. Hard to figure out what type of clothes to pack bc the weather can be so funky. This is my fifth December trip and I still am not used to the weather.
__________________
2000 - Disneyland, Offsite
2003 - 2008 - WDW offsite,
2009 (June) - CBR
2010 - WDW, Pop
2011 (May) - WDW, ASMu

2011 (Dec) - WDW, Pop
2012 (May & Oct & Dec) - WDW, CBR, Pop, AKL
2013 (May & Dec) - WDW, Pop (2x)
MouseloverJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #347
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
Just a heads up to anyone staying at Pop Century now that they are not giving KTTW cards....you cannot charge a gift card using your Magic Band...tried to purchase some gift cards last night for Christmas presents and when I went to pay I was told I could not use my Magic Band. I was told I could use my KTTW card but not the Magic Band but since we are at Pop (and now I understand All Star is also no longer issuing KTTW cards) we do not have a KTTW card. Since I did not have cash or credit card on me (been here 10 days and haven't run into a problem charging) I had to walk away. CM said that there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out (yes, like the fact that I could not link my Premier Passport to my reservation so I could take advantage of the FP+ and also that I have to wait to get into the park while they get a "plaid" to check my pass, ID and then *try* to get the bar code to work in their iPad)...Disney has spent $$$$$$$ to get this technology and I think they should have worked out as many of the bugs as possible before eliminating things (like KTTW cards).
You can't charge gift cards on KTTW cards either. I looked into it last year. Because you don't pay until later for charges to the room and gift cards and tickets can't be charged to the room because they are activated immediately. If you could then theoretically you could charge the $75 gift cards to get the free pin and then use that gift card to pay it off when you got back to the resort
__________________
GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #348
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran
 
cajunbaby1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 504

Rooms have a fridge...place something inside and it will get cold. Just takes a while. Caution...some items will freeze a little.

Beds have white linens with just a wide blue bedspread like thing at the foot of the bed.

Magic bands work Great. Easy to use everywhere at the resort and the parks.

Don't forget that when you use your refillable mugs at the food court and get QS meal, you also get a bottled drink. It's is great... you can get milk or juice, etc and take it back to the room for later.

Laundry washer&dryer take quarters. $2.00 a load for each. I think detergent was $1 a box.

Room safe will hold a IPAD, etc. probably would hold a lg laptop.

Can use magic band at the photo pass people. They scan ur band and u can go to the photo pass site to view,etc.
__________________
How bout them Tigers?! Geaux Tigers
It's 5 o'clock somewhere in the world
cajunbaby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #349
Trip 2 Disney
Mouseketeer
 
Trip 2 Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbaby1 View Post
Rooms have a fridge...place something inside and it will get cold. Just takes a while. Caution...some items will freeze a little. Beds have white linens with just a wide blue bedspread like thing at the foot of the bed. Magic bands work Great. Easy to use everywhere at the resort and the parks. Don't forget that when you use your refillable mugs at the food court and get QS meal, you also get a bottled drink. It's is great... you can get milk or juice, etc and take it back to the room for later. Laundry washer&dryer take quarters. $2.00 a load for each. I think detergent was $1 a box. Room safe will hold a IPAD, etc. probably would hold a lg laptop. Can use magic band at the photo pass people. They scan ur band and u can go to the photo pass site to view,etc.
Thanks for the update! Have a wonderful trip :-)
__________________
1st Trip to the World: May 2011- Pop Century
2nd Trip to the World: Jan 2014- Pop Century

Trip 2 Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #350
Ldynred812
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vinton, Iowa
Posts: 128

Quick question. My DH and I are vacationing in Florida with 2 other couples, no kids. We are spending 2 night and 2 days at the Pop in January. 1st day we are doing stuff on grounds, mini golf, hotel hop, Downtown Disney, 2nd day we are going to Epcot. My DH has an old ticket from 1999 with a day left that Disney should honor. I am using my Disney Visa rewards for admission. Everyone else buying a one day admission. What will we have for tickets?? If they are doing away with KTTW cards, I see no need for use to use a Magic Band...no park tickets, dining plan etc. Anyone know what we will get for room keys and what will our park passes be like??

Thanks-
It's snowing like mad out and I am just waiting 6 weeks til the Florida sun!

Kecia
Ldynred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #351
taterheads
Mouseketeer
 
taterheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post
Quick question. My DH and I are vacationing in Florida with 2 other couples, no kids. We are spending 2 night and 2 days at the Pop in January. 1st day we are doing stuff on grounds, mini golf, hotel hop, Downtown Disney, 2nd day we are going to Epcot. My DH has an old ticket from 1999 with a day left that Disney should honor. I am using my Disney Visa rewards for admission. Everyone else buying a one day admission. What will we have for tickets?? If they are doing away with KTTW cards, I see no need for use to use a Magic Band...no park tickets, dining plan etc. Anyone know what we will get for room keys and what will our park passes be like?? Thanks- It's snowing like mad out and I am just waiting 6 weeks til the Florida sun! Kecia
You will still have a magic band or a non-magnetic KTTW card. These work with an RIFD chip as your room key, for shopping, and as your park ticket. If you are staying at Pop though you must partake in linking your tickets to MDE to get FP+. You will not be able to pull FP- as a POP guest. In other words, fighting the band, unless you physically can not wear it, as a Pop guest it is NOT in your favor. If you are going Jan1 you are probably too late to customize so you will get a gray band upon check in. If you pre purchase your tickets and link your husbands old tickets you could still make FP+ reservations on MDE.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #352
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812
Quick question. My DH and I are vacationing in Florida with 2 other couples, no kids. We are spending 2 night and 2 days at the Pop in January. 1st day we are doing stuff on grounds, mini golf, hotel hop, Downtown Disney, 2nd day we are going to Epcot. My DH has an old ticket from 1999 with a day left that Disney should honor. I am using my Disney Visa rewards for admission. Everyone else buying a one day admission. What will we have for tickets?? If they are doing away with KTTW cards, I see no need for use to use a Magic Band...no park tickets, dining plan etc. Anyone know what we will get for room keys and what will our park passes be like??

Thanks-
It's snowing like mad out and I am just waiting 6 weeks til the Florida sun!

Kecia
I was telling my DH earlier....a month ago we were in sunny florida and now its snowing.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #353
Ldynred812
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vinton, Iowa
Posts: 128

OK, So what if we have a Magic band as a room key but purchase our park ticket at the Epcot gate. Does that ticket work for FP?? How do people who just come for a one day visit get FP??

Kecia
Ldynred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #354
Ldynred812
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vinton, Iowa
Posts: 128

And as for the old ticket, from what I have read online there is no way to prove or disprove there is a day left until it is read at a Disney desk. I have read to take it to the park and give it to them, and they will in turn issue a current one day ticket to replace the old ticket.

Kecia
Ldynred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #355
taterheads
Mouseketeer
 
taterheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post
OK, So what if we have a Magic band as a room key but purchase our park ticket at the Epcot gate. Does that ticket work for FP?? How do people who just come for a one day visit get FP?? Kecia
In that case you should have a pass that should be able to pull FP-. Just a warning, get there early as FP disappears very early in the day. You will still get a band as your room key unless you opt for the non magnetic KTTW. So... You'll have 2 cards.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #356
Ldynred812
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vinton, Iowa
Posts: 128

Thanks. We will be there early. Only FP concerns were Test Track and Soarin. Instead of pushing a stroller there like I did this past January, we plan on eating and drinking our way through the countries!!

Kecia
Ldynred812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #357
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post
Thanks. We will be there early. Only FP concerns were Test Track and Soarin. Instead of pushing a stroller there like I did this past January, we plan on eating and drinking our way through the countries!!

Kecia
Hi Kecia!
Currently guests are only able to FP+ either Soain' or TT - not both, as Disney has implemented a tier sytem. Both attractions are in the same tier and only one FP+ is allowed.

Suggest selecting Soarin' (which is what we did) and take your chances with the single rider line at TT. We just did this the other day and was able to get on TT within 25 min. Now you will most likely have to ride in separate cars but it beats the standby line.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #358
taterheads
Mouseketeer
 
taterheads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Kecia! Currently guests are only able to FP+ either Soain' or TT - not both, as Disney has implemented a tier sytem. Both attractions are in the same tier and only one FP+ is allowed. Suggest selecting Soarin' (which is what we did) and take your chances with the single rider line at TT. We just did this the other day and was able to get on TT within 25 min. Now you will most likely have to ride in separate cars but it beats the standby line.
I tried to tell her all about FP+ too until I realized she is buying a hard ticket at the gate separate of her pop reservations. She'll get to pull FP- wit it so she won't have to deal with tiers! Good deal for her!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #359
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer
 
FrugalFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
You will still have a magic band or a non-magnetic KTTW card. These work with an RIFD chip as your room key, for shopping, and as your park ticket. If you are staying at Pop though you must partake in linking your tickets to MDE to get FP+. You will not be able to pull FP- as a POP guest. In other words, fighting the band, unless you physically can not wear it, as a Pop guest it is NOT in your favor. If you are going Jan1 you are probably too late to customize so you will get a gray band upon check in. If you pre purchase your tickets and link your husbands old tickets you could still make FP+ reservations on MDE.
I will be fighting for a KTTW card tooth and nail. My son has cognitive disabilities and I cannot imagine what it will be like to spend time trying to get any issues sorted out when he knows we should be doing something else.
__________________
Me :
DH
DD7
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #360
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it
 
honeymo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ridley Park, PA
Posts: 4,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalFashionista View Post
I will be fighting for a KTTW card tooth and nail. My son has cognitive disabilities and I cannot imagine what it will be like to spend time trying to get any issues sorted out when he knows we should be doing something else.
All you have to do is have one of you opt out of MBs. If you already customized them, just give it back at check in. Do not ask for it as a backup. They will tell you they don't give them out as backups. You must "opt out".
__________________
-Stephanie-
Me stitch eva nala
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: