Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #3316
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola789 View Post
I will be taking a trip to Disney this month, first time staying onsite!
Are the pools available for use 24/7?
We plan on staying at the parks from opening to closing (crazy! i know!) but would love to enjoy the pool afterwards to cool down. Can we swim while there are no lifeguards on duty?
The main feature pool is open from 9AM-11PM. The quiet pools are open 24 hours swim at your own risk.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #3317
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We plan on staying at the parks from opening to closing (crazy! i know!) but would love to enjoy the pool afterwards to cool down. Can we swim while there are no lifeguards on duty?
When we were there in February the pools closed when the LG left at 11:00pm. We stayed in the 90's section and that was the pool we saw with the sign that said closed. Not sure about the 50's pool or the 60's pool.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #3318
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

We checked in Saturday and will be here until Thursday of next week. We had preferred pool view for the first time. In the past, we have had standard rooms. Requested first floor and got a perfect room!!! LOVE staying so close to the food court and buses! Not sure we can ever go back to standard now! Haha! It has been sooooo nice already!!!!

We requested first floor for both our first night's stay and the package, along with staying in the same room for each, and got everything we requested. It has truly been great!!!!!! A dream vacation for our family!

Anyone concerned with noise in this area, I wouldn't be! Even for resting in the afternoon with pool activities, we have had no trouble sleeping and nighttime has been really quiet!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 AM   #3319
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2paisley View Post
We checked in Saturday and will be here until Thursday of next week. We had preferred pool view for the first time. In the past, we have had standard rooms. Requested first floor and got a perfect room!!! LOVE staying so close to the food court and buses! Not sure we can ever go back to standard now! Haha! It has been sooooo nice already!!!!

We requested first floor for both our first night's stay and the package, along with staying in the same room for each, and got everything we requested. It has truly been great!!!!!! A dream vacation for our family!

Anyone concerned with noise in this area, I wouldn't be! Even for resting in the afternoon with pool activities, we have had no trouble sleeping and nighttime has been really quiet!
Thanks SOOO much!

We toured POP a few weeks ago during our stay at AOA and fell in love with the 60's section! We strolled right through the pool area to reach the food court and I knew that was where I wanted to book for our upcoming May trip -- but I was worried about the noise!

Thank you so much --- for what it's worth, we had a 2nd floor, pool view room in the Nemo section of AOA and we weren't bothered by noise either.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

2/11 - 3/12 - 5/13 - 5/14 - 8/14 - Planning: 1/15 - 5/15 - 8/15

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #3320
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

My DD13, DD11, and I will be there from 4/6-4/10 (doing a girls trip for Spring Break). We were originally booked at ASMovies but decided to switch. We are all very excited about this change not just because it is at Pop, but this will be our first time staying here (actually first time staying in a Value) . When my kids saw the different pictures, they said that they would like to either stay in the section that has Lady and Tramp or Baloo and Mogli, could anyone please tell me which sections these characters are in?

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #3321
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post
My DD13, DD11, and I will be there from 4/6-4/10 (doing a girls trip for Spring Break). We were originally booked at ASMovies but decided to switch. We are all very excited about this change not just because it is at Pop, but this will be our first time staying here (actually first time staying in a Value) . When my kids saw the different pictures, they said that they would like to either stay in the section that has Lady and Tramp or Baloo and Mogli, could anyone please tell me which sections these characters are in?
Scroll about half way down the 2nd post in this thread, right under the picture of the fridge.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #3322
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the review! We check in to Preferred Pool View in 28 days! We have never done anything but Standard View so we're excited.

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #3323
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As previous posters have noted, the normal hours for the pools are 9am-11pm.
POP used to be very lenient with their pool hours as long as the noise was minimal but since the drowning death of the little boy in March 2013, POP has gotten extremely strict (understandably so) with their pool hours and swimming only when a lifeguard is on duty. Our last trip to POP (in January) the pool hours were strictly enforced and there was no swimming if there was not a lifeguard on duty. If anyone has stayed since the first week in January and seen more leniency please chime in

SPOERLX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #3324
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohsFan1 View Post

The first post is definitely your friend and as EpcotBill noted each section will pictures and all are in that post with lots of pictures So dive into that post and you will feel like a POP expert (almost ) when you are done
Here is one of the helpful maps embedded in that post that may help you to see what area of each section you would be in based on the room category you are booked in.
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg

Baloo & Mogli is 60's section building 5: It offers preferred pool view (right in front of the main Hippy Dippy pool), Preferred view (closest to the food court and/or in front of the kiddie pool) and standard view (back side with a lakeview).
The Tramp building is 50's section building 3: It offers preferred view (closest to food court), preferred pool view (directly in front of the bowling pin pool) & standard view (either lake view or a garden view with a great view of the giant yo-yo staircase).
The Lady building is 50's section building 1: It offers preferred view ( closest to food court), preferred pool view (directly in front of the bowling pin pool) & standard view (garden view/parking lot view).

Hope this helps you request the perfect room for your family! Have a great trip!

Last edited by SPOERLX3; 09-03-2014 at 08:42 AM.
SPOERLX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #3325
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Scroll about half way down the 2nd post in this thread, right under the picture of the fridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
The first post is definitely your friend and as EpcotBill noted each section will pictures and all are in that post with lots of pictures So dive into that post and you will feel like a POP expert (almost ) when you are done
Here is one of the helpful maps embedded in that post that may help you to see what area of each section you would be in based on the room category you are booked in.
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/a...oriesFINAL.jpg

Baloo & Mogli is 60's section building 5: They offer preferred pool view (right in front of the main Hippy Dippy pool), Preferred view (closest to the food court and/or in front of the kiddie pool) and standard view (back side with a lakeview).
The Tramp building is 50's section building 3: It offers preferred view (closest to food court), preferred pool view (directly in front of the bowling pin pool) & standard view (either lake view or a garden view with a great view of the giant yo-yo staircase).
The Lady building is 50's section building 1: It offers preferred view ( closest to food court), preferred pool view (directly in front of the bowling pin pool) & standard view (garden view/parking lot view).

Hope this helps you request the perfect room for your family! Have a great trip!
Thank you both for the wonderful information. I will definitely be checking it out, not sure why I didn't in the first place . We are booked in a standard pool view so I will check out the link that SPOERLX3 posted. Thank you again for your help.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #3326
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is great to hear! I really want to stay in a preferred pool view room because I love the way that area looks (bright, tropical & fun) but I have been concerned about the noise, especially after we were in a VERY quiet standard room last time.

Now you have me seriously reconsidering my standard room choice...61 days so I'd better decide soon! lol

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #3327
CounselorX
Mouseketeer

For anyone interested, I just saw a black snake outside of building #3 (50's section) about 24 inches long about 20 minutes ago. 2 night ago, I saw another but it was a baby.
??? 2015

Me(29) and DW(30)

See our WDW vacation videos here!
CounselorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #3328
vrajewski10513
Mouseketeer

We leave in 6 days! I did online check in requesting 50's lake view which I know is a popular request. Way back When I booked my package I also requested a king bed. If we show up and we're not in a king room what are the chances of us getting one if I tell them the building/view doesn't matter as long as it's a king room??

October 1989 (KOA Campground)
October 2013 (Pop Century) Honeymoon
September 2014 (Pop Century)
vrajewski10513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #3329
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Pop Century Outdoor Movie Schedule for September:

8:30 PM - By the Hippy Dippy Feature Pool at Pop Century

•Sundays – The Princess Diaries
•Mondays – A Goofy Movie
•Tuesdays – Pocahontas
•Wednesdays – The Fox & the Hound
•Thursdays – Finding Nemo
•Fridays – Muppets Most Wanted
•Saturdays – Camp Rock

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #3330
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounselorX View Post
For anyone interested, I just saw a black snake outside of building #3 (50's section) about 24 inches long about 20 minutes ago. 2 night ago, I saw another but it was a baby.
And this is why I ALWAYS request a non ground floor. I know they can travel to higher floors, but in my mind, they only slither into first floor rooms.

Then again, in my mind they don't live in my yard here in Wisconsin but DD16 almost stepped on one right outside our back door the other day. I haven't been in the back yard since! Never thought I'd say "come on freezing cold winter!" to freeze off the snakes until spring.

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: