Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #316
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLkid View Post
Here now (checked in at 1am!) first stay here and it is such a cool place!

50s section building 3.

I have a fridge, the bedding is just white blankets/sheets no type of print except on the end decoration piece. Can't wait to explore this place in the daylight!
Welcome to Pop!! Hope you have a wonderful stay - don't forget to check the Guest Guide in the room for the bounce back offers

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #317
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthachick View Post
We should be at Pop on Saturday!!! DH is sick & going to Dr this afternoon. Please send prayers & pixie dust that he's better soon!
Hoping your DH is able to kick whatever he has quickly so you can enjoy your trip!

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 12-04-2013 at 01:24 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #318
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
After 3 calls to housekeeping, was finally able to get a fridge that works. And these are supposed to be the newer models. The one they delivered that i had requested after checking in was running but not cooling when I got back to the room last night. It was replaced this morning and when I came back this afternoon it was also running and not cooling. The gentleman who had replaced it was who came and took care of it for me.
Sorry that it took three tries to get a working fridge ... Hoping that is the end of any bad luck for you.

TY Kook!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #319
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
We fly out on 8 days. Can't wait!!! We have gone many times but have always drove so were doing a first using magical express. Can't wait to see the video that everyone talks about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

It gets you all excited for your trip. Then the return video makes you sad lol
Yes it's Magical Express to Magically Depressed when leaving!! Lol

TY Kook!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #320
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi everyone! Arrived this evening and everything went smoothly all requests were met!

Pop has great holiday decorations, will my take some pix tomorrow.

Congrats to all coming in this week - the weather forecast is fantastic.

Safe travels to all.

PS we have the new bedding and a new fridge. We are in the 60s.
Hi Janet. Hope you have a magical stay!!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #321
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Hi Janet. Hope you have a magical stay!!
Hi dansdad!! And thanks!! All great so far... i should be sleeping - my stitch alarm will be waking me up very early for rope drop at AK. Lol

TY Kook!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #322
marthachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hoping your DH is able to kick whatever he has quickly so you can enjoy your trip!
He's feeling better! Thanks!

Offsite May 1984
Offsite January 1990
All Star Sports October 2005
POP Century December 2013
Old 12-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #323
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
I don't know if this applies to your case but for future reference, most refrigerators won't feel cold until there is something in them. If they are empty but plugged in, they will still feel "warm" inside. The instructions (which aren't left in the rooms with the refrigerators) will indicate that you should put something in the refrigerator when plugging it in to start up. The last 2 times I've gotten a new refrigerator, the deliveryman always told me to put something in the refrigerator so I would be able to tell if it was cooling properly. A few bottles of room temperature water does the trick. And the instructions for our apartment/bar sized refrigerator also indicated the same thing.
oh good to know

Quote:
Hi everyone! Arrived this evening and everything went smoothly all requests were met!

Pop has great holiday decorations, will my take some pix tomorrow.

Congrats to all coming in this week - the weather forecast is fantastic.

Safe travels to all.

PS we have the new bedding and a new fridge. We are in the 60s.
hope you have a great time.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 12-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #324
cheladal10
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had ever sent food and water down to pop ahead of time? Im thinking of doing this since I haven't rented a car. If so what is the specific address to use for pop and how would I put it on the box? Also has anyone ever done this through amazon and what is the correct way to put in the resort info there? Also how long will pop keep the box? We arrive December 12th and I'm so excited! Thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #325
alianna
Earning My Ears

Does the everything pop store sell bathing suits? We arrive in 1 week and of course my 7yr olds bathing suit from summer is too small And there are none to be found in the city I live in!
Does anyone there now, know how much they run approximately?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #326
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheladal10
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone had ever sent food and water down to pop ahead of time? Im thinking of doing this since I haven't rented a car. If so what is the specific address to use for pop and how would I put it on the box? Also has anyone ever done this through amazon and what is the correct way to put in the resort info there? Also how long will pop keep the box? We arrive December 12th and I'm so excited! Thanks.
People do it all the time. Check out post #4 of this thread for details.

Last edited by dansdad; 12-05-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #327
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Just a heads up to anyone staying at Pop Century now that they are not giving KTTW cards....you cannot charge a gift card using your Magic Band...tried to purchase some gift cards last night for Christmas presents and when I went to pay I was told I could not use my Magic Band. I was told I could use my KTTW card but not the Magic Band but since we are at Pop (and now I understand All Star is also no longer issuing KTTW cards) we do not have a KTTW card. Since I did not have cash or credit card on me (been here 10 days and haven't run into a problem charging) I had to walk away. CM said that there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out (yes, like the fact that I could not link my Premier Passport to my reservation so I could take advantage of the FP+ and also that I have to wait to get into the park while they get a "plaid" to check my pass, ID and then *try* to get the bar code to work in their iPad)...Disney has spent $$$$$$$ to get this technology and I think they should have worked out as many of the bugs as possible before eliminating things (like KTTW cards).

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #328
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheladal10
We ordered from Garden Grocer when we went. On their webpage, they have a drop down with POPS address. They deliver to the Disney resorts and other Orlando resorts regularly. Just have them deliver your stuff the day you arrive or the day before. Theyll hold it for you. Its so much cheaper to have food delivered. We just did breakfast food. We had the qsdp for lunch and dinner.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #329
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut View Post
Just a heads up to anyone staying at Pop Century now that they are not giving KTTW cards....you cannot charge a gift card using your Magic Band...tried to purchase some gift cards last night for Christmas presents and when I went to pay I was told I could not use my Magic Band. I was told I could use my KTTW card but not the Magic Band but since we are at Pop (and now I understand All Star is also no longer issuing KTTW cards) we do not have a KTTW card. Since I did not have cash or credit card on me (been here 10 days and haven't run into a problem charging) I had to walk away. CM said that there are still a lot of bugs to be worked out (yes, like the fact that I could not link my Premier Passport to my reservation so I could take advantage of the FP+ and also that I have to wait to get into the park while they get a "plaid" to check my pass, ID and then *try* to get the bar code to work in their iPad)...Disney has spent $$$$$$$ to get this technology and I think they should have worked out as many of the bugs as possible before eliminating things (like KTTW cards).

I'm sorry you had such a hard time. It's never easy when new things get set up and having to be the guiny pig. Hope by next year it's all worked out.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
Old 12-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #330
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

So happy that my mom and step dad have decided to join us on our trip next year. It's going to be their first time to WDW. My poor mom has had so many health issues and so I am really glad to make some memories with her. She will need to have a ECV but better that than for her to get worn out. So I will be checking things out on the disabilities for her My step dad is a big lover of Disney and Christmas so he's going to have the best of times. We missed the Osborne lights last time in 09 as we were going back for a private party and thought we were going to see it then not knowing it was not open for that party
So when I put in our request one room with be handi acces. and hopefully a connecting or just next door is fine too. I will also hope to get ground level just to avoid any elevator issues. She could never walk up stairs if she had to.
My oldest daughter is also trying to come and if she does she will bring my other granddaughter and she will be 23months then. My daughters bday is on Christmas and she really wants to come. I would love to help her but I am already paying for her son and my granddaughter from my other daughter.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: