Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #1951
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
On your reservation, request 4th floor, building 2, lakeside, North facing (Epcot).
Thanks so much!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #1952
beck00
Earning My Ears

best standard room with a 1 year old?

We arrive at Pop May 24th, with our 5-year-old and 1-year-old daughters, and we have a standard room. First timers I'm looking at lake view building 4, but would really appreciate any advice. Is that even a standard room area? We may be looking at some afternoon naps with the baby, so I'd like quiet. Any thoughts on 60s building 4? Floor level suggestions? Thanks in advance!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #1953
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck00 View Post
We arrive at Pop May 24th, with our 5-year-old and 1-year-old daughters, and we have a standard room. First timers I'm looking at lake view building 4, but would really appreciate any advice. Is that even a standard room area? We may be looking at some afternoon naps with the baby, so I'd like quiet. Any thoughts on 60s building 4? Floor level suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Building 4 does have standard rooms, they are in the back and they are the lakeview rooms. I would definitely request an upper floor, 4th preferably for quiet. The rooms lakeside are definitely quieter than the rooms closer to the pool.
Here is the layout for POP that shows the room categories highlighted:
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/bra...FINAL.jpg.html

Hope this helps
Old 05-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #1954
OasterP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
Checking in on Sept. 22nd! Can't wait, first time at Pop! Woo! Looking forward chatting with all of you in the coming months!
We are checking in the day after you! I can't wait! We were originally planning to stay off site, but free dining and wanting to do character meals with our son changed our mind!

It's my first trip in about 25 years, and same for my husband. It will be my sons first, and it's for his fourth birthday so I'm excited!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #1955
Kfamilly
Earning My Ears

Booked a Preferred Room with QS Dining, for early October!!! Actually switched from AofA LM room, and feeling good about the choice!!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #1956
sargenca
Mouseketeer

We will be at the POP starting 10/3! I checked for LM availability (just curious) and have seen availability a couple of times...but couldn't bring myself to book it. We are Poppers!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #1957
Perditamarie
DIS Veteran

Just back from Pop and thought I'd share our experience:

* Booked thru Expedia, but no problems linking reservation on MDE or checking in. Room was ready when we arrived, about 3pm-ish. Also, requested a roll away bed at check in, and one was available and immediately delivered at no fee. I tried to call to add this request to our reservation, but they could not "see" the reservation due to the reservation being thru Expedia.

* Bus service was excellent...the outdoor queing was great and I think superior to the multiple bus stops at mods and multiple resort stops at deluxe. DTD is still the longest trip!

* Food court cashiers seem very slow and it seems there is not enough of them. Food was okay, but cooled in the tediously long lines, and the double sided lines seemed to only make waiting twice as long. We went when there were band/cheer kids, so the food court was swarmed in the am. Surprisingly, they were pretty well behaved and checking out was still slow after they left and crowds reduced.

* Coffee --- a sad disappointment. While the coffee is better than years past, it has no flavor and just tastes hot. Will try Starbucks Via next time. Seems the refillable mugs purchased for length of stay are automatically set for 2 weeks. The "timer" mechanism did not allow for refills of the same soda in less than 2 minutes, but if you changed to a different dispenser, you could get an instant refill.

* The gift shop is great for pin trading, friendly CMs, and great merchandise selections.

* Room was pretty clean and our maid was very accommodating with the constant request for extra towels...however, if I didn't ask we didn't get extra towels. I think extra towels should automatically be given!!! No comforters, as I am sure has been discussed at length, but not sure how practical the white cover is. I guess so it can be bleached, but I always scan white things for dirt/smudges, etc and always felt slightly nervous the beds would look dirty even though we weren't eating chocolate cake in it or anything!-- I guess I am not a fan of white.

* The pools were well maintained and Life Guards vigilant--even at watch when pool closed for weather. We primarily used the computer pool. It is a PAIN to get towels for the pool....you have to use your room towels, so constantly ask for extras or call for extras. Next time I am bringing beach towels, even tho they will probably always be slightly damp!

* We were in the 80s section, didn't find the walk too bad, but the 70s could practically be considered preferred!

This is a gem of a resort and will definitely stay here again.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #1958
momtob&t
Earning My Ears

Haven't been at POP since last May but when we were there, every room had a fridge. Between now and then, I heard there were problems with the fridges and they were all removed and were to be replaced. Have they all been replaced now? We are going back in September (YEAH!!!) and hoping to have a fridge!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #1959
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtob&t View Post
Haven't been at POP since last May but when we were there, every room had a fridge. Between now and then, I heard there were problems with the fridges and they were all removed and were to be replaced. Have they all been replaced now? We are going back in September (YEAH!!!) and hoping to have a fridge!
Yep they were all done when we went in November.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #1960
budcollector
DIS Veteran

I have a question for anyone who's stayed at Pop during Christmas week in a preferred room.

How is the Noise ?

I usually stay in the outcast standard rooms, but when I go back for Christmas I was thinking of giving the preferred rooms a try but not if they are noisy.

Christmas @ Disney, Dec. 21-27
Old 05-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #1961
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

short timer's disease!

Boy do I have it bad - short timer's disease.

Not only is it 42 days until our trip, I'm a teacher and it's 27 days until the end of school. Talk about making it hard to work! Disney, the pool, and sleeping in are all calling my name!

Old 05-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #1962
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Yep they were all done when we went in November.
Happy to hear this. We're heading out Tuesday ( 2 years in the planning ) and I got concerned on the first read. Super excited. My daughter who is 19 now, loves POP. We stayed at POFQ AND CB and she always preferred this. Now if I could spring to a deluxe, she might think differently. I just cant see spending the additional money just for the two of us, especially when we dont spend much awake time at the hotel anyway
Old 05-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #1963
sargenca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perditamarie View Post
Just back from Pop and thought I'd share our experience: * Booked thru Expedia, but no problems linking reservation on MDE or checking in. Room was ready when we arrived, about 3pm-ish. Also, requested a roll away bed at check in, and one was available and immediately delivered at no fee. I tried to call to add this request to our reservation, but they could not "see" the reservation due to the reservation being thru Expedia. * Bus service was excellent...the outdoor queing was great and I think superior to the multiple bus stops at mods and multiple resort stops at deluxe. DTD is still the longest trip! * Food court cashiers seem very slow and it seems there is not enough of them. Food was okay, but cooled in the tediously long lines, and the double sided lines seemed to only make waiting twice as long. We went when there were band/cheer kids, so the food court was swarmed in the am. Surprisingly, they were pretty well behaved and checking out was still slow after they left and crowds reduced. * Coffee --- a sad disappointment. While the coffee is better than years past, it has no flavor and just tastes hot. Will try Starbucks Via next time. Seems the refillable mugs purchased for length of stay are automatically set for 2 weeks. The "timer" mechanism did not allow for refills of the same soda in less than 2 minutes, but if you changed to a different dispenser, you could get an instant refill. * The gift shop is great for pin trading, friendly CMs, and great merchandise selections. * Room was pretty clean and our maid was very accommodating with the constant request for extra towels...however, if I didn't ask we didn't get extra towels. I think extra towels should automatically be given!!! No comforters, as I am sure has been discussed at length, but not sure how practical the white cover is. I guess so it can be bleached, but I always scan white things for dirt/smudges, etc and always felt slightly nervous the beds would look dirty even though we weren't eating chocolate cake in it or anything!-- I guess I am not a fan of white. * The pools were well maintained and Life Guards vigilant--even at watch when pool closed for weather. We primarily used the computer pool. It is a PAIN to get towels for the pool....you have to use your room towels, so constantly ask for extras or call for extras. Next time I am bringing beach towels, even tho they will probably always be slightly damp! * We were in the 80s section, didn't find the walk too bad, but the 70s could practically be considered preferred! This is a gem of a resort and will definitely stay here again.
Thanks for sharing!! This was a fun read. Can't wait to get back to the POP.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #1964
chinarider
DIS Veteran

Is there a microwave in the food court that we can use to heat up food?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #1965
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinarider
Is there a microwave in the food court that we can use to heat up food?
Yup.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: