Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #91
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Touring Plans states that yesterday's crowd level at HS was a 3. Thought that was interesting.
stickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #92
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
PH? What's PH?
We use touring plans. Should I be checking something else?
What? You haven't discovered EasyWDW yet?

Go here: http://www.easywdw.com/

Check the sidebar.

It's all free! (You can even see the current wait times here: http://www.easywdw.com/waits/
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #93
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I have been known to park the car in the Harvard yard.
yeah maybe but after you park the car do you go to the bar and get a beer?
Been there done that got the t-shirt and going back
goofydad621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #94
disneyerin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just to be clear ...I never said that my "perception" was better, just different. But that's what perception boils down to "differences in how you percieve things".
OMG you're right! I totally misread your post and I apologize!

Ok.....I'm going to go take a chill pill and put myself in a time out.....
disneyerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #95
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyerin View Post
OMG you're right! I totally misread your post and I apologize!

Ok.....I'm going to go take a chill pill and put myself in a time out.....

It's all good!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #96
bdcp
DIS Veteran

At Epcot today. NOT crowded at all. These are the lightest crowds and the shortest waits we have seen in years. Only better trip was 1998 when we went the full week before Thanksgiving week. Today we walked on a lot of rides. Rode Soarin at 9:30 with a 30 min wait, got fast passes when we got off for 2-3 pm and when we went back about 2:30, the standby line was 60 min (we've seen 90+ in Nov before). Test Track was consistently 60-70 min all day.

These are the lowest crowds we've seen in years. No problem finding seats at counter service restaurants at noon. You can wait to go see a parade 5 min before and see the whole thing without a problem. Buses, monorail, boats, all uncrowded. All lines for food are short. DH and I both said many times the last 4 days how uncrowded it was.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #97
aribelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcp View Post
At Epcot today. NOT crowded at all. These are the lightest crowds and the shortest waits we have seen in years. Only better trip was 1998 when we went the full week before Thanksgiving week. Today we walked on a lot of rides. Rode Soarin at 9:30 with a 30 min wait, got fast passes when we got off for 2-3 pm and when we went back about 2:30, the standby line was 60 min (we've seen 90+ in Nov before). Test Track was consistently 60-70 min all day.

These are the lowest crowds we've seen in years. No problem finding seats at counter service restaurants at noon. You can wait to go see a parade 5 min before and see the whole thing without a problem. Buses, monorail, boats, all uncrowded. All lines for food are short. DH and I both said many times the last 4 days how uncrowded it was.
Fingers crossed that this remains, lol. We arrive next week and I would be very happy to find these.....some of the posts recently have made me very nervous when people are talking about massive crowds. Hopefully everyone got scared away and cancelled and we'll have the park practically to ourselves. (Ok, a girl can dream can't she?)
aribelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #98
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aribelle View Post
Fingers crossed that this remains, lol. We arrive next week and I would be very happy to find these.....some of the posts recently have made me very nervous when people are talking about massive crowds. Hopefully everyone got scared away and cancelled and we'll have the park practically to ourselves. (Ok, a girl can dream can't she?)
Just have a rough plan, and pick low-crowd parks, and you'll be fine!

EasyWDW.com is my favourite source for tips. Even my husband's started checking it now, though this evening he pointed out to me, a bit worried, that we're spending our evenings in two non-recommended parks. "Yes," I said, "Those are the ones with Extra Magic Hours. Trust me!"

I like going to the lowest crowd parks in the morning, and then enjoying our FP+ in the EMH parks in the afternoon/evening. That way we get the best of both worlds - low crowds and evening entertainment. And I don't have to worry about it being too crowded to ride in the evening, because I have my FP+!
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
bdcp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post

EasyWDW.com is my favourite source for tips. Even my husband's started checking it now, though this evening he pointed out to me, a bit worried, that we're spending our evenings in two non-recommended parks. "Yes," I said, "Those are the ones with Extra Magic Hours. Trust me!"

I like going to the lowest crowd parks in the morning, and then enjoying our FP+ in the EMH parks in the afternoon/evening. That way we get the best of both worlds - low crowds and evening entertainment. And I don't have to worry about it being too crowded to ride in the evening, because I have my FP+!
We were in AK on Monday with EMH and got there around 8. Light crowds, easy walk on. No long lines. We rode what we wanted and left for MK around 11. We were at "non-recommended" parks at least 2 days this week and honestly, I couldn't tell the difference.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #100
DisneyCowgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post

Good plan for how to use FP+. I had not thought of a way that this would benefit us over the old system, but this is a good idea.
DisneyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #101
asmit4
DIS Veteran

Went to MK yesterday and today. Yesterday was PACKED- a ZOO. It was hard to navigate down main street. Today? 1/2 as crowded and lines were GREAT! We were there at the same time each day, early morning to early afternoon. Then we leave to nap/regroup.

Ride lines were 40 minutes and up for EVERYTHING it seemed yesterday and FP- yesterday was already up to 5pm ish for most rides by 11am.

Today? Lines are 10 minutes, maybe 15, with FPs available within an hour or so of the current time.

It seemed to me that there were TONS of locals yesterday (sunday) but today? Seemed everyone had MBs on and was running around with rental strollers. I learned a lesson- avoid weekends. I will ignore what any site says about crowds and only go M-F.

I'm not gonna argue with people about the crowds. This was my perception and the line waits when we were there. I just wanted to report my opinion on things as they stand now Perception, opinion, fact- call it what you want
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #102
FLchick415
DIS Veteran

I tend to agree about weekends. A lot of locals probably going then, which is why I tend to avoid the parks on weekends when we go.

~*All Star Movies*~*Port Orleans French Quarter*~*Wilderness Lodge*~*Pop Century(x4)*~*Caribbean Beach Jamaica*~*All Star Music*~*Countless other times off site*~
FLchick415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #103
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

I haven't read every post in this thread, but wanted to comment on crowds.

We were in the parks 11/12 to 11/16 and here are my thoughts on crowds. And, for us, Magic Bands and FP+ were great. No problems, except for trying to purchase a small toy at the Pirates gift shop--and it was their scanner and not my Magic Band that was the issue.

Tuesday 11/12
MK in the AM -- pre-opening ADR at CP, from 9-11 crowds manageable, got busy in our last 1/2 hour there. Left park before 12 because DS4 was tired.
HS in the PM -- Somewhat busy, but had FP+ for TSMM.

Wednesday 11/13
AK in the AM -- AM EMH; chilly day, but crowds were low, IMO with some bottlenecks in Africa by Safari. Longest wait was to meet Mickey and Minnie.
EPCOT in PM -- can't comment on rides, but not a lot of people walking around in Future World when we arrived at 4:15 PM.

Thurs 11/14
MK -- AM EMH; park was EMPTY that 1st hour. Did speedway, Space Mountain (parent swap) and Buzz Lightyear in 1st hour. Used FP+ for Peter Pan, Jingle Cruise and Splash/Talking Mickey (split group). Last were wasted as minimal waits. Stayed in MK until around 2 PM when DS wanted to go to pool. Had dinner in EPCOT at Le Cellier. World Showcase seemed OK -- and it was a MVMCP night, and HS closed at 4 pm. But we didn't stay for Illuminations.

Friday 11/15
AK -- minimal crowds, cloudy day, upper 70s.

Saturday 11/16
HS in the AM -- AM EMH; it was busy and yucky with the rain. DH and I did parent swap for Star Tours. Seemed crowded. Left before noon because my son was cranky due to the rain. No FP+ that morning. Waits for TSMM were 45 minutes at 8:15 AM.

MK in the PM -- surprisingly low crowds, perhaps due to the earlier rain. Stopped by 3:15 PM when we arrived. Caught the afternoon parade. Did FP+ for Rapunzel and ETWB. Dinner at BOG. After dinner most rides had 15-30 minute waits. Did FP+ for MSEP.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR, 11/13 WL
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #104
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookdonWDW View Post
PH = Park Hopper. Also known as, "Darn those folks at Touring Plans! They said that Park X would be empty today, yet everyone is here. Thank Goodness for our handy dandy Park Hopper passes. We can now quickly move to Park Y and enjoy a crowd-free day!"
That worked better in the days before FP+. Now, you really need to do more research ahead of time because if you make your FP+ for MK, and MK is crowded but another park isn't, you may not be able to just switch FP+ and get the attractions you want at that second park. That's one reason why on my 10 day trip I only have FP+ booked for half the days. There are certain days, like the weekend, that I want to be able to be flexible and go where the crowds aren't, and other days during the week that I feel pretty confident of my park choices.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #105
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
Went to MK yesterday and today. Yesterday was PACKED- a ZOO. It was hard to navigate down main street. Today? 1/2 as crowded and lines were GREAT! We were there at the same time each day, early morning to early afternoon. Then we leave to nap/regroup.

Ride lines were 40 minutes and up for EVERYTHING it seemed yesterday and FP- yesterday was already up to 5pm ish for most rides by 11am.

Today? Lines are 10 minutes, maybe 15, with FPs available within an hour or so of the current time.

It seemed to me that there were TONS of locals yesterday (sunday) but today? Seemed everyone had MBs on and was running around with rental strollers. I learned a lesson- avoid weekends. I will ignore what any site says about crowds and only go M-F.

I'm not gonna argue with people about the crowds. This was my perception and the line waits when we were there. I just wanted to report my opinion on things as they stand now Perception, opinion, fact- call it what you want
I went to MK yesterday (Monday) and found it really busy. LOL Mostly due to going back and forth between high congestion areas.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: