Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #16
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue

According to MDE, the current (1:15 EST) wait times at DHS for the main attractions are:

TSMM 45 min
RNRC 20 min
TOT 20 min
ST 10 min

These are very similar to the wait times we saw at DHS last Wednesday.

Either these times are wrong, or the park is definitely not packed, or even remotely crowded.
I looked before I posted. Fp for tsmm gone and wait was over an hour. Rnrc had a long wait too.

Glitch in the app again perhaps?
Old 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
DisneyBelle27
DIS Veteran

Yesterday, MK was the ONLY 'Not Recommended' park on the easywdw crowd calendar.

Dreaming of my next countdown ticker

My awesomely awesome first ever solo trip to the World trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post46328869

Past WDW trips:'86 off-prop., '89 CBR, '94 CBR, '99 off-prop., '01 ASMusic, '01 CBR, '07 ASMusic, '08 PC, '09 3 nights POFQ, 4 nights Wonder, '10 6 nights AKL, '12 AS Sports w/ToT 10 Miler
Previous cruises: RCCL Enchantment of the Seas w/Metro Dance 11/08 (maybe you saw us perform in the theater!)
DisneyBelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Just returned yesterday from the World and had an amazing week! We did not feel like it was crowded at all and it was Jersey Week, F&W and the Marathon. World Showcase was the only place we felt crowded but we knew that going in since it was the end of F&W. Lines got a little long for the popular rides in DHS but we had FP+ for TSM, RnRC and ToT. We really had a wonderful time and got on everything more than once. Everyones perceptions of crowded is different though. We were also spoiled with AMAZING weather and it reminded me again as to why I love going in November.

There was no free dining the week we were there so I expected it to be much much more crowded than it ever was.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Borishack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmhoward76 View Post
Yesterday we went to MK. Today we are at DHS.
For comparison, we were at DHS for the better party of the day last Sunday. That was during the tail end of Jersey week and the middle of the Veteran's Day holiday weekend.

I'd describe the crowds that day as moderate to moderately high. They were quite reasonable at gate drop, but got heavier as the day wore on. As way of comparison, the Fastpass- for RNR ran out around noon, but as of late afternoon there were still fastpass-(for evening return) at TOT. Crowds were thick but manageable in the Streets of America section when the Osborne Lights came on around 6.

We didn't bother with Toy Story Mania, because we and our kids don't see what the cult obsession with that attraction is. When it comes to game attractions, we feel MIB at Universal is still one of the better overall, since you are competing not just with your group but also another vehicle and can cause highly entertaining mayhem for the latter if you know where to aim.
Borishack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
mmhoward76
Earning My Ears

Thank you to all you feel the need to tell me that it is not crowded when I am the one here!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to give a live post for anyone curious. Wasn't excepting to be called a liar!!!!!!!!! This is why I don't usually post on here.
mmhoward76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #21
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
FLchick415
DIS Veteran

Nobody is calling you a liar. *I* was merely pointing out what MIGHT have caused there to be crowds in the parks you visited according to Josh's crowd calendar.

~*All Star Movies*~*Port Orleans French Quarter*~*Wilderness Lodge*~*Pop Century(x3)*~*Caribbean Beach Jamaica*~*Countless other times off site*~
FLchick415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you to all you feel the need to tell me that it is not crowded when I am the one here!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to give a live post for anyone curious. Wasn't excepting to be called a liar!!!!!!!!! This is why I don't usually post on here.
Nobody is calling you a liar.

We are just trying to match the subjective perception of the park being packed to some objective measures, like wait times at the most popular attractions.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Goodness, what is a crowd to one, is not to another. Crowds are Christmas week, etc.

More crowded than you are used to in September, sure but with research you should expect that.

Oh course in September one is either melting or soaked by rain.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Paired with the fact that other people who are there NOW, are reporting the direct opposite. Nobody is calling you a liar, just that your definition of crowded is subjectable to what other people call crowded
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #26
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Paired with the fact that other people who are there NOW, are reporting the direct opposite. Nobody is calling you a liar, just that your definition of crowded is subjectable to what other people call crowded

Exactly. What seems crowded to you would seem empty to someone who goes during the summer or Christmas week. No one is calling you a liar, but are trying to put it into perspective.

Sorry you are finding it too crowded for your liking. Maybe you can take a peak at EasyWDW and see which parks to do on what days for the rest of your trip? I've found Josh to be spot-on with his park recommendations.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #27
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Yesterday we where at MK. On our Sept. trips we have always rode rides like SM, POTC, Buzz and BTMR multiple times. The only one we were able to ride was SM once and that was only because we had a FP. It also took us 1 1/2 hours to get back to our resort last night. Today we are at DHS. We got here at 8 for a 9 opening. Went straight to JTA. DS was able to be in the first show at 9:20. By the time the show was over we got to TSA by 9:45 and FP were already gone with the standby line at 105 mins. I have just not experienced crowds this heavy in Sept. do I was not prepared . We will see how the rest of the week goes.
Are you staying on site and are you using your magic bands and the fast pass + to make fast passes?

Toy Story is crazy busy first thing in the am. If you go back another morning it should be your first stop. Everything else is pretty easy.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I looked before I posted. Fp for tsmm gone and wait was over an hour. Rnrc had a long wait too.

Glitch in the app again perhaps?
FPs for TSMM are always gone early these days, and it wouldn't be that unusual for the posted wait time to fluctuate between over an hour to a little less. On a very crowded day, that wait would be a lot longer.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #29
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Exactly. What seems crowded to you would seem empty to someone who goes during the summer or Christmas week. No one is calling you a liar, but are trying to put it into perspective.

Sorry you are finding it too crowded for your liking. Maybe you can take a peak at EasyWDW and see which parks to do on what days for the rest of your trip? I've found Josh to be spot-on with his park recommendations.
Exactly. I go every year during Thanksgiving week. A lot of people say it's extremely crowded, but to me, I find it pretty manageable. We are just trying to figure out the common ground here.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #30
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

DHS closes early tomorrow (at 4, most likely for a private party) so it may have drawn extra guests today.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: