Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Who are you in the parks?

Are you the one with the double wide stroller racing to the princess meet and greets or BBB appointment? Are you the ones sitting on the benches watching people go by? Are you sitting in the sidewalk an hour before the parade?

This trip I realized I'm the person that you ask to take a picture of you and your family so you can at least have one with you all in it! And I appear to be trustworthy because you want me to use you $400 camera! LOL. And don't worry, I take a mean family photo with at least three quick shots in case anyone's eyes are closed! You're welcome! :D

Last edited by emsmommy323; 11-24-2013 at 12:09 PM.
emsmommy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
RhinoIsAwesome
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
This trip I realized I'm the person that you ask to take a picture of you and your family so you can at least have one with you all in it! And I appear to be trustworthy because you want me to use you $400 camera! LOL. And don't worry, I take a mean family photo with at least three quick shots in case anyone's eyes are closed! You're welcome! :D
LOL! That's me too. I've been asked many times to take photos of families, couples, groups of friends. They also offer to do the same for us. Lots of friendly people at WDW!
RhinoIsAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
Jen12573
DIS Veteran

I'm quite similar to both of you as the pop photographer in the parks. But I am usually walking past a family as adult A is passing off the camera to adult B and the kids are standing waiting for another photo, I pop over and say "would you like me to take a photo of everyone together?"
They'll usually offer to reciprocate so DH and I actually end up with photos of us on vacation together, LOL ;-)
Old 11-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
CCole1013
Earning My Ears

I am usually one of two people.

The mom kneeling or crouching down to a small size acting like a kid with my 7 or 3 year old. Which usually makes me look insane, but its worth it.

Or im the one buried in a travel plan or map because 12 people in my group are asking me, "So what are we doing next?" Which I am happy to do!

Im never sitting, were always late for parades, and I hate rushing anywhere. Though i am happy to take a photo for a family (and am pretty good at it), I bet i look way to aloof for anyone to really trust me to get a good shot. I swear i only LOOK lost. hah.
CCole1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

I'm the mom continually saying, "All this walking on concrete; my feet are killing me!" And in DHS ... "Where am I?"
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm the one hustling her family from ride to ride. I told myself that this year I would try to stop and take in the view a bit more.

FancyNancy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

What a cute thread! and perfect for my 1000th post!
I'm the one w/the iPhone ready to take the quick, perfect pic in my right hand & the map in my left. If its between RD-1pm I'm like Sargent making sure we are where we should be. If its after 1pm the map is a wrinkled ball on the bottom of my backpack, I'm more relaxed & going w/the flow. We are not people watchers, but always moving around. Nobody has ever asked me to take their pic... But... I have honestly been handed people's kttw cards (as they r in a line) begging "can you grab me a FP????"
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

I'm the one who is crying on Main Street, or during fireworks. I'm also the one you'll say "excuse me" to in order to cut across a line fifty people long.

My DH is ususally the guy who is supposed to buy everyone a churro on the Laugh Floor.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Haha, I said to my DH on this last trip, "Do I have INFORMATION stamped on my forehead?!" so I guess I am the person that looks like she has the answers to your questions. Happy to answer, as long as the person asking is polite! I had one lady very rudely and brusquely interrupt me mid-conversation to ask, "What is this line for?" as we were waiting to get into the Wishes Dessert Party. There is a big sign at the front of the line! And then she just walked away without saying thank you. Pffft.
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
PaulaVonSchweetz
Mouseketeer

Im the one who everyone asks to retrieve sonething off a high shelf or hook in the gift shops.
Apparantly I'm the tallest person in alllll of Disney World.
September 2009 - Caribbean Beach
December 2011 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
May 2012 - Bay Lake Towers
September 2012 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
December 2013 - Bay Lake Towers & AKL
April 2014 - Bay Lake Towers
September 2014 - Boardwalk Villas - WOO HOO!!
April 2015 - TBD
PaulaVonSchweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
wdwfan
Sometimes I prefer to keep my own council

After so many Disney trips, I'm the one who knows exactly where she is going and enjoying the sights along the way. I already have my fastpass+ reserved so I'm walking and talking with the family doing spontaneous things in between the fastpasses. Very enjoyable trips!
2001-Boardwalk;2002-Beach Club Villas & Dolphin;2003-Yacht Club Concierge & Portofino Bay;2004-Boardwalk Concierge Deluxe & Portofino Bay;2005-BWV;2005-Boardwalk Concierge & CSR;2006-Wilderness Lodge;2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge;2007-Beach Club;2007-Beach Club Villas and the Wonder
Oct. 31-Nov. 7, 2009- Western Caribbean on the Magic August 2010 Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level;
Yacht Club - Club Level Sept. 2012; Yacht Club - Club Level Aug. 2013 ; Aug. 2014 Yacht Club-Club Level/Portofino Bay Resort Disney's Dream July1, 2015

wdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
KatieCharlotte
DIS Veteran

I am the one crying when the Welcome show begins. And the one who is constantly being asked by family members, "What are we doing next?"
KatieCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
TIGGER'SFRIEND
Michaiyla's Gramma !!!!!!! There's no place like home ( unless your at WDW)
Green is my favorite color
So fascinated with a stalking Tag Fairy that she stole her son's laptop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm the one hustling her family from ride to ride. I told myself that this year I would try to stop and take in the view a bit more.
Oh yes this is me-and I love every minute!!!

POP Century 11/13 & 4/14 & 12/14
Disneyland-HoJo's 4/12 AOA 12/12 POP 12/12
Disneyland Hotel 2/11 POP Century 12/11
POP & Wilderness Lodge 12/10
POP CENTURY 9/08,12/08,9/09 CBR 12/09
ASmu 12/07,POP 12/06,12/05,12/04 POP CENTURY 12/14/2003 ORIGINAL GUEST
PO/FQ 2002,MANY OFFSITE VISITS
TIGGER'SFRIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
Peanut Giggleface
Embarrassing my children... just another service I provide.

I'm also the one being asked to take photos of other people. One time I was mistaken as a Photopass Photographer. The lady handed me her card and told me she wanted a pic of her and her daughter in front of the castle. I think it's the big old floppy camera hanging around my neck with 10lb. lens attached to it. But when I do leave the big old camera at home, I'm goofing off with my kids, checking wait times on my phone. and soaking up all the pixie dust I can get my nostrils around especially if I'm on Main Street. Sometimes I'm in commando mode but more frequently I'm strolling along without a care in the world. Yeah, I guess it varies.
Peanut Giggleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

I'm the girl happily sobbing walking by myself because I'm either skipping ahead out of my pure joy or stopping to take a million photos as my boyfriend keeps walking.
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: