Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

What if your magic band doesnt work trying to get into a park?

I've seen a lot of people's comments like "oh my sons MB worked getting into the park, mine and my husband's did not" so what do they do since we don't have paper tickets or anything?

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
I've seen a lot of people's comments like "oh my sons MB worked getting into the park, mine and my husband's did not" so what do they do since we don't have paper tickets or anything?
Sometimes a CM with a portable scanner and iPad will come over help, sometimes it takes a trip to Guest Relations outside the park.

Most guests travel in groups, so it is somewhat simple to compare
the "bad" band with those others in your group.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Also the amount of "my band didn't work" people has steadily gone down (at least based on the amount of posts on here). Once the system goes "live" the issue should be very very rare. Cast members can link onto your MDE and fix a bad band if an issue arrises just as they had to fix a bad kttw in the past. One "rule" is to always carry a picture ID with you, but that is a "rule" in everyday life as well.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Mine decided not to work for me to enter a park one day in the middle of our trip in October. DH and DD's worked fine. A CM immediately came over with a scanner and I was in the park in about 2 minutes. Now, my friend's whole families didn't work the minute they arrived at WDW, they spent hours with CMs at their resorts and in the parks over a 2 day period trying to get them fixed. We also heard some stories from people in the parks about being sent to the line in guest services and spending 2 hours there, when one of their bands did not work at the entrance. I think as more glitches were happening, they started having more people at the gates who could immediately fix them.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
~Brandy~
Now closer to the mouse!

We were there the first week of November and mine and my son's worked, and my husband and daughter did not. Somebody came over with a scanner and tried to fix it, but didn't have any luck, and sent them to Guest Relations INSIDE the park (this was at Hollywood Studios). Guest Relations said their APs had been deactivated somehow. I'm guessing this was due to my many attempts to link our APs to our MB with various error messages.

They fixed it, but it took a few minutes. Later in the week, we visited the concierge desk at AKL to try to get our accounts working with FP+. We ended up with FP+, but my daughter's AP deactivated again.
~Brandy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

We were at MK standing in the line at the outside Guest Relations on Nov. 9 at rope drop when a woman came over who commented to a few people behind us that all of her family's MB's worked except hers. The guest relations line was quite long at this point and the people she spoke to let her cut in line in front of them (not sure how the people behind them felt about that!), but if they hadn't let her cut in line, her wait would have probably been 30 - 45 minutes at that point. I hope they have more CM's at the entrances helping at this point.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

My father's band never worked to get him into the park. Worked everywhere else for everything else, but that. I think it was his fingerprint... wasn't matching up. They say it's very particular.

Anyway, each time a CM came over to us with a portable device and did "something" then waved him through. Never once did they tell us to go to GR to fix it.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
DIS Veteran

Depends on what type of error message shows up on the CM's iPod at the touch-point. Some can be "fixed" by the Guest Relations just behind the touch-points and some errors have to go to the window of Guest Relations.
11290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
BrokeMack
Mouseketeer

Ours didn't work at Studios back in Sept on the first day of our trip. Only Studios, only the first day. MK on day one worked fine. Studios worked the next day. Ended up spending 30 minutes at Guest Relations and getting a bunch of extra FPs.
BrokeMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
What if your magic band doesnt work trying to get into a park?
Just get over it and enjoy the ambience of the turnstile area!

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Just get over it and enjoy the ambience of the turnstile area!
Stop and smell the scanners.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Entry problems are not unique to MBs.

With the old "paper" tickets with magnetic stripes I often seemed to have trouble, presumably with reading my fingerprint. One time I couldn't get a FP and they sent me to GR because they said the magnetic stripe on the card was wearing out.

I was also often behind people at turnstiles who have had trouble getting in.

Once I got my AP card in April, including with the MB that I used in November, I have had no problems getting into a park.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

We had 2 "getting into the park" issues last week and one nonpark glitch:

1- DH kept getting the blue light when he tried to enter MK on our checkin day. A CM came by with an iPad and scanned the band. He then pointed us in the direction of Guest Services outside the park. Luckily, there was no line, and the CM there fixed the problem in about 10 seconds.

2- On our last day, my band wouldn't let me enter AK. The iPad CM came over and said that my band told him there were no days left on my ticket. He walked us to the Guest Services area inside the gate. There were a couple people in line, but there were several CMs, so there was no wait. We were told quite a few people had the problem we did- seems that the bands had 2 days of admissions taken away instead of one the previous day. They fixed the problem in a few minutes and we were on our way.

3- DH's band could not access our PIN- so he couldn't use it to pay for anything or use Dining Plan entitlements. We didn't bother fixing it because we were together all the time, and every time we thought we might try to get it taken care of, the concierge desk at Pop had a line. I just used my band to buy everything.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: