Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #31
nkereina
Wendy Darling

We just did Tusker House this past Tuesday and Crystal Palace last Friday. Of the two, we prefer Tusker House. We think it has the best offerings, and I don't even touch the African foods. My fiance loved the breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace, but didn't have as many offerings otherwise. Tusker House also has a better, more unique atmosphere IMO.

You didn't mention it, but Chef Mickey's is probably our second favorite breakfast after Tusker House. We did it on Thursday and the food was great, lots of options, most characters (the fab 5!), and if you have kids its a really fun atmosphere.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #32
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINRK View Post
We did both on our trip and if I could only choose one, it would be CP. Tusker has more variety, but most people will be like me and only taste the exotic dishes and then load up on the same traditional breakfast items that are available at both establishments. At Tusker, the characters made 2 trips each to our table and even sat for pictures. At CP, they made 1 round and pics were taken in the isle beside our table. That could be because my kids showed more excitement toward the traditional Disney characters than they did for Pooh and friends.
As for value, the above is pretty much a wash, so it comes down to the perks. At Tusker, we got in the park early, but had to wait for an interior rope drop before proceeding to breakfast. You wait out front in a line for a pic with Donald which was nice. After our meal we were in the back of the park and aboard Kilimanjaro at 9:06am. We also did 8am at CP and these are our most cherished pics of the trip. You are basically paying for exclusive early access to Main St and get a free breakfast and character greet out of the deal. We took our time eating, and got all the characters pictures and were still out into the park for rope drop. We had a Photographer do several magic shots and then were on splash Mountain by 9:30.
A family pic with Donald is nice, but a family pic of the castle with only 2 people in the background is priceless.

Great pictures!! I'm still so torn between Tusker House and Crystal Palace! We are definitely leaning towards TH but I still think it could be really cool to go to CP and get some pictures of the castle and main street before it gets really crowded

Stephluva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #33
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
We just did Tusker House this past Tuesday and Crystal Palace last Friday. Of the two, we prefer Tusker House. We think it has the best offerings, and I don't even touch the African foods. My fiance loved the breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace, but didn't have as many offerings otherwise. Tusker House also has a better, more unique atmosphere IMO.

You didn't mention it, but Chef Mickey's is probably our second favorite breakfast after Tusker House. We did it on Thursday and the food was great, lots of options, most characters (the fab 5!), and if you have kids its a really fun atmosphere.
Thanks for the response! We aren't really considering Chef Mickey's, we are 4 adults, no kids. I know people who have gone, and they said it is very kid oriented. Plus, we wanted to do one of the restaurants in the parks, so we're there already. Or the restaurant in our resort, but we didn't really want to travel to another resort just for breakfast

Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #34
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephluva View Post
Great pictures!! I'm still so torn between Tusker House and Crystal Palace! We are definitely leaning towards TH but I still think it could be really cool to go to CP and get some pictures of the castle and main street before it gets really crowded
Then maybe you could do both of them?
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #35
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuck001 View Post

Great suggestion! That's what we do!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #36
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Thanks for the response! We aren't really considering Chef Mickey's, we are 4 adults, no kids. I know people who have gone, and they said it is very kid oriented. Plus, we wanted to do one of the restaurants in the parks, so we're there already. Or the restaurant in our resort, but we didn't really want to travel to another resort just for breakfast
We are two adults too, so I hear what you're saying. I think the pre park opening ADR at AK is more beneficial than MK, because you are right outside the safari when breakfast is over. The photos of the castle with few people in the park are nice but it doesn't earn you an advantage as far as a jump start on the crowds at rope drop. This is particularly important if you're going at busy time. Plus as an adult, I prefer Mickey and friends over Pooh and friends anyhow.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #37
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuck001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Great suggestion! That's what we do!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
We are two adults too, so I hear what you're saying. I think the pre park opening ADR at AK is more beneficial than MK, because you are right outside the safari when breakfast is over. The photos of the castle with few people in the park are nice but it doesn't earn you an advantage as far as a jump start on the crowds at rope drop. This is particularly important if you're going at busy time. Plus as an adult, I prefer Mickey and friends over Pooh and friends anyhow.
Definitely something to think about….didn't really cross my mind to do both

As far as rope drop is concerned…where is the actual rope drop? I thought it was at the front gate? If you're already in MK or AK at the restaurants, do you bypass the rope drop? Or am I completely wrong?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #38
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

With these points in mind, I'd pick a pre-park opening ADR at Tusker House
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: