Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

Tusker House
whitney37354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #17
alac1980
Earning My Ears

I booked both cape may and chef mickeys. upon hearing that they host more or less the same characters though..i might cancel one or the other. just not sure which one.
alac1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

We just got back last week and did both TH and CP breakfasts on our trip. We have never been to Cape May.

An early CP breakfast is a must do for us since we like to snap a few photos with an almost empty Main St. It also puts us in the MK for touring just past rope drop time when the park is pretty empty. Some do a quick breakfast to make rope drop but we take our time and enjoy our meal. I love the look and brightness of the restaurant and think its so pretty. The characters, Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet are great as far as interaction goes. They always have great fresh fruit, the only omelet bar that I've seen at a character meal, and the puffed French toast and breakfast lasagna are yummy!

TH has better good variety and quality but the atmosphere isn't as nice. There are food choices there beyond your basic scrambled eggs and bacon that you don't see on your typical Disney buffet. I loved the sliced ham with spicy mustard sauce and the fruit juice everyone is served. I think I drank at least 5 cups! The characters are safari Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Mickey and they are great with interaction too, but seemed a little rushed this trip.

Both meals have parades that kids march around to every 1/2-1hr or so.

So long story made long ;-), TH gets a slighter edge for food, but CP does for location and atmosphere. We love both and the family always ask for them when we go.

Hope this helps. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
If you're staying at the BC, then it's a no brainer to do Cape May. We enjoyed it when we went and wound up there twice. We also liked Tusker House as well.
We said that at first also, but we plan on eating at Cape May Cafe one night for the "clambake" buffet. Being that there are so many wonderful places to eat at WDW, we weren't sure if we wanted to do 2 meals at the same place.

Stephluva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the responses everyone! From the looks of it, everyone seems to love Tusker House! While looking at the menu, I noticed they have some "interesting" foods there. Can anyone explain exactly what those foods are?
For example: Beef bobotie, Mealie pap? No clue where to begin with those

Also, as far as the the Crystal Palace is concerned, is it a good idea to book a breakfast for an EMH morning at MK? Or better to avoid those days being as they might be very, very crowded? If there is an EMH morning at MK that day, do they start serving breakfast earlier, or are the hours the same as any other day?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Madx2
Earning My Ears

Crystal palace definitely has a great assortment for Breakfast that will keep the adults and kids happy. Waffles, omelette, cereal, fruit and pastries to name just a few!
Madx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephluva View Post
Also, as far as the the Crystal Palace is concerned, is it a good idea to book a breakfast for an EMH morning at MK? Or better to avoid those days being as they might be very, very crowded? If there is an EMH morning at MK that day, do they start serving breakfast earlier, or are the hours the same as any other day?
The hours for CP stay the same I believe. So if you did an early breakfast on an EMH morning it would negate the point of getting in the park early for empty Main St photos. If EMH were in effect, everyone could get in the park early. So we do CP breakfast on a non-EMH morning day.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #23
shadeauxe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks so much for the responses everyone! From the looks of it, everyone seems to love Tusker House! While looking at the menu, I noticed they have some "interesting" foods there. Can anyone explain exactly what those foods are?
For example: Beef bobotie, Mealie pap? No clue where to begin with those

Those are probably the african dishes. They have all the regular stuff too (eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles etc)
Old 11-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
On My Way
Earning My Ears

We had breakfast today at CP in MK and it was Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger and Piglet. We had a 2 and 4 year old with us and they loved it. It probably would have been just okay if it was just my husband and me. The food was good but I have heard Tusker House is better. Going there Sun for lunch.
On My Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks so much for the responses everyone! From the looks of it, everyone seems to love Tusker House! While looking at the menu, I noticed they have some "interesting" foods there. Can anyone explain exactly what those foods are? For example: Beef bobotie, Mealie pap? No clue where to begin with those Also, as far as the the Crystal Palace is concerned, is it a good idea to book a breakfast for an EMH morning at MK? Or better to avoid those days being as they might be very, very crowded? If there is an EMH morning at MK that day, do they start serving breakfast earlier, or are the hours the same as any other day?
Mealie pap is similar to grits and polenta.

Bobotie is spiced beef. I think it is served either over or under eggs at the buffet. I had bobotie rolls at Jiko and they were delicious!

The good thing about the buffet is you can try a little to see if you like it. There is also a large selection of traditional breakfast foods.

As gor CP, the opening time is the same even if there is EMH. Since early morning is a good time to tour, I would aim for mid to late morning on an EMH day.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #26
Stephluva
Earning My Ears

Thank you to everyone for your input! We are most likely going to try Tusker House on whichever day we decide to go to AK. I'm sure that no matter which one we choose, we will have a great time anyway!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
summermac
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at both TH and CP for breakfast. I much preferred CP. TH was too noisy and too rushed. We liked CP so much we did it again on our next trip and will be eating there AGAIN this coming trip.

FWIW, on an EMH morning I would try to get the LATEST breakfast seating possible (10:35 I believe) so you have time to take advantage of EMH first.
Jun 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2001 - offsite
May 1998 - All Star Music
summermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #28
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

Tusker House
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
MINRK
Earning My Ears

We did both on our trip and if I could only choose one, it would be CP. Tusker has more variety, but most people will be like me and only taste the exotic dishes and then load up on the same traditional breakfast items that are available at both establishments. At Tusker, the characters made 2 trips each to our table and even sat for pictures. At CP, they made 1 round and pics were taken in the isle beside our table. That could be because my kids showed more excitement toward the traditional Disney characters than they did for Pooh and friends.
As for value, the above is pretty much a wash, so it comes down to the perks. At Tusker, we got in the park early, but had to wait for an interior rope drop before proceeding to breakfast. You wait out front in a line for a pic with Donald which was nice. After our meal we were in the back of the park and aboard Kilimanjaro at 9:06am. We also did 8am at CP and these are our most cherished pics of the trip. You are basically paying for exclusive early access to Main St and get a free breakfast and character greet out of the deal. We took our time eating, and got all the characters pictures and were still out into the park for rope drop. We had a Photographer do several magic shots and then were on splash Mountain by 9:30.
A family pic with Donald is nice, but a family pic of the castle with only 2 people in the background is priceless.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #30
Julie711
Mouseketeer

Tusker House is a must do every trip!!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: