Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #121
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Quote (Doconeill): "Not sure where you get that they should be getting additional FP+ in the park...that's never been advertised."

I thought that was always the intention. I'm sure I've read it somewhere. I assumed that the ability to pull FP- was whilst full functionality was being tested / rolled out.
MJ6987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #122
wdwfan1
DIS Veteran

We are currently at BWV and have both magic bands and room keys. Either one will open the doors to our villa.

The bands worked great all week.

wdwfan1

I have been boo'd by wisbucky!
wdwfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #123
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
I'm guessing they would work only if you used the physical ticket for admission. And if you didn't used the magic band or RFID card for admission, would your FP+ still work?
If the UT ticket is linked in MDX, then you can use the MB/KTTW/UT ticket to enter the park, and still be able to pull regular FP with the UT ticket. You can also redeem FP+ with any of them, as they become interchangeable for admission and FP+.

The UT ticket won't open your room, or be used for room purchases (at least I don't believe - not sure anyone has tried...)

If you DON'T link the ticket to MDX, you MUST use the ticket to enter the park - but then you wouldn't be able to make FP+ selections in advance and probably not even at the park.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #124
One Hit Wonder
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
If the UT ticket is linked in MDX, then you can use the MB/KTTW/UT ticket to enter the park, and still be able to pull regular FP with the UT ticket. You can also redeem FP+ with any of them, as they become interchangeable for admission and FP+.

The UT ticket won't open your room, or be used for room purchases (at least I don't believe - not sure anyone has tried...)

If you DON'T link the ticket to MDX, you MUST use the ticket to enter the park - but then you wouldn't be able to make FP+ selections in advance and probably not even at the park.
Thanks a ton. I know a little off topic for this thread, but as it currently stands, do I need to enter the park with the UT ticket to pull FP-, or can I enter with a MB and then pull FP- with an UT ticket?
One Hit Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #125
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Quote (Doconeill): "Not sure where you get that they should be getting additional FP+ in the park...that's never been advertised."

I thought that was always the intention. I'm sure I've read it somewhere. I assumed that the ability to pull FP- was whilst full functionality was being tested / rolled out.
I've seen it speculated that it would work that way on various blogs, etc. but I have never seen anything from Disney stating that it would be the case that you can get additional FP+.

They could still adjust things, but given that no one can do it now, I don't think they are "punishing" anyone by not allowing it for this test. The "punishment" is just that they can't get regular FP. And from all the statements from CMs involved in FP+, etc. it is now apparent that they do not WANT people using both. They just don't want to spend the time modifying the existing FP system to lock people out that have FP+.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #126
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Hit Wonder View Post
Thanks a ton. I know a little off topic for this thread, but as it currently stands, do I need to enter the park with the UT ticket to pull FP-, or can I enter with a MB and then pull FP- with an UT ticket?
IF your UT ticket is properly linked in your MDX profile, you can enter with the MB and pull regular FP with the ticket.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #127
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

For starters, I'm pretty sure Disney's ARMY of lawyers thoroughly went over the legalities and ramifications of testing/opt-out whatever. So don't even bother going there. You'll lose (against Disney's lawyer army.)

And secondly...Who is surprised by this? Anyone? Really?

Those who've been saying that day-of FP will still be an option in the end...still think so? This is looking like they're taking a hard line at 3 FP+...for this phase of the test. Just let me know when they start testing the ability to schedule 3 FP+ in advance AND then schedule additional day-of FP+ reservations on the app/in park kiosk.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #128
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
For starters, I'm pretty sure Disney's ARMY of lawyers thoroughly went over the legalities and ramifications of testing/opt-out whatever. So don't even bother going there. You'll lose (against Disney's lawyer army.)

And secondly...Who is surprised by this? Anyone? Really?

Those who've been saying that day-of FP will still be an option in the end...still think so? This is looking like they're taking a hard line at 3 FP+...for this phase of the test. Just let me know when they start testing the ability to schedule 3 FP+ AND then schedule additional day-of FP+ reservations on the app.
I'm sure it will be all over these boards...

I should add (as I reported in other threads) that as part of the Swan/Dolphin test, it was a hard 3 FP+, and they they told the guests in front of me they shouldn't also use FP...so they don't want people using both. Makes it seem like the ability to pull regular FP is NOT just in lieu of getting more FP+...

Old 11-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #129
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Those who've been saying that day-of FP will still be an option in the end...still think so? This is looking like they're taking a hard line at 3 FP+...for this phase of the test. Just let me know when they start testing the ability to schedule 3 FP+ in advance AND then schedule additional day-of FP+ reservations on the app/in park kiosk.
The FAQ currently says:

Q. If I don’t make FastPass+ selections in advance, will I be able to experience my favorite attractions at the theme parks?

A. All attractions still provide a standby queue—assuming they are not closed for refurbishment. If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

So if you haven't booked any in advance, you can get your 3 day-of, but I have yet to see any indication they will eventually allow additional FP+s beyond the 3.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #130
dbramer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
FDCC is a conjoined body between ANSI, the FCC, and IEC.
The RFID chip is the PRIMARY product being tested. Room keys, tickets FP+ are subsidiaries. Hence why I feel it falls down to the RFID chip.. I could be wrong, but as I said I deal with this daily and I don't see where i am.
As far as I know, ANSI and IEC do not have any regulatory or legislative authority and the FCC does not have authority over interstate trade, either, which is where this issue would fall. I also know that Disney has a legal team unlike any other in the world and has already worked all the legal angles to protect themselves from any indemnity arising from this test.

Objecting on those grounds or seeking monetary compensation would be met with firm legal support for their testing environment. I feel the argument would be that the RFID technology is final product, but the interface with other systems is what's being tested, not the RFID itself.

FWIW...

76 - offsite, 79 - offsite, 82 - offsite - (USAF) - 93 - offsite, 96 - offsite, 01 - offsite, 05 - offsite, 09 - Pop, 15 - POFQ

dbramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #131
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

So, um, if all it takes is a working mag strip to pull a FP-, couldn't you use a dead grift card or something and try it? I had heard of people doing this back in sept and oct.

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

wunkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #132
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
The FAQ currently says:

Q. If I don’t make FastPass+ selections in advance, will I be able to experience my favorite attractions at the theme parks?

A. All attractions still provide a standby queue—assuming they are not closed for refurbishment. If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

So if you haven't booked any in advance, you can get your 3 day-of, but I have yet to see any indication they will eventually allow additional FP+s beyond the 3.
I can see how that could be read to imply you could get more - if "If FastPass+ experiences are still available" is interpreted as there being available slots for the attraction. But it could also apply to your available choices - i.e. have you used your three.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #133
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post
So, um, if all it takes is a working mag strip to pull a FP-, couldn't you use a dead grift card or something and try it? I had heard of people doing this back in sept and oct.
It isn't just having a magstripe, but a VALID ID encoded on the magstripe.

Your shoppers reward card isn't going to work.

However, it was discovered that some (not all) prior KTTW cards could still be used, even though they were not supposed to still be valid. Don't offhand know if this is still the case, or what made one work and another not.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #134
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
It isn't just having a magstripe, but a VALID ID encoded on the magstripe. Your shoppers reward card isn't going to work. However, it was discovered that some (not all) prior KTTW cards could still be used, even though they were not supposed to still be valid. Don't offhand know if this is still the case, or what made one work and another not.
Ah, I understand. I guess people were just blowing smoke when they were saying they'd pulled FP- with driver's licenses, old gift cards, etc.

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

wunkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #135
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Interesting for sure, to see how this plays out.

Last edited by Sammie; 11-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: