Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #91
matthewhavens
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You can opt out of the Magic Bands, but you cannot opt out of MyMagic+. This had to happen at some point. FP- is going away. There is no need to get overworked about it. (Not you matthewhavens...just a general statement directed to no one in particular. )
No offense taken. I just see people with trips to Pop in the next couple days coming here for information. When I see misinformation, I try to correct it.

If you read the FAQ and supporting information from other reliable sites closely you see that there is no opt out.

If you decline the band you get an RFID KTTW card that will not pull FP-.

Personally, I arrive on property with my family in 19 days. A trip I spent 6 months planning. All my FP+ is set up for attractions with no FP- equivalent with the understanding (and assurances from multiple CMs) that I can pull FP- to supplement FP+.

If I had no FP- access, I would change 2/3 of my FP+ right now.

If I was checking in at Pop this weekend I would want to know the truth. Not everyone has to use that information the same way, but everyone is entitled to know what to expect when they arrive.
matthewhavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #92
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskev View Post
Can you quote the law? I would be interested since the only difference between this "test" and what is available today is the option to pull paper fastpasses. That's it. Given your original suggestion, that would mean that paper fastpasses have monetary value. Last I checked, they didn't.
I was more regarding the cost of room and tickets..
The FDCC requires that anything/service must be 100% passed through regulated testing and deemed fit for release before accepting finances for said property or services.
This is one little bit of info I DO know about, because my job involves testing of services.

If indeed they only offer you only the RFID option of the card which at this moment is not recognized by the FDCC as final product, ramifications could ensue.
I agree with another poster, I'd contact disney.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #93
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhavens
No offense taken. I just see people with trips to Pop in the next couple days coming here for information. When I see misinformation, I try to correct it.

If you read the FAQ and supporting information from other reliable sites closely you see that there is no opt out.

If you decline the band you get an RFID KTTW card that will not pull FP-.

Personally, I arrive on property with my family in 19 days. A trip I spent 6 months planning. All my FP+ is set up for attractions with no FP- equivalent with the understanding (and assurances from multiple CMs) that I can pull FP- to supplement FP+.

If I had no FP- access, I would change 2/3 of my FP+ right now.

If I was checking in at Pop this weekend I would want to know the truth. Not everyone has to use that information the same way, but everyone is entitled to know what to expect when they arrive.
I arrive Friday I have my FP+ scheduled but since I'm only there 3 days I was hoping for fp- to help me do what I want to get in. I knew it would eventually be going away but an email to advise would have been nice. We shall see how this plays out.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #94
One Hit Wonder
Earning My Ears

I wonder what happens if you have Undercover Tourist tickets linked to MDE? Think the actual tickets themselves would still pull paper fastpasses as part of this test???
One Hit Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #95
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Hit Wonder View Post
I wonder what happens if you have Undercover Tourist tickets linked to MDE? Think the actual tickets themselves would still pull paper fastpasses as part of this test???
I'm guessing they would work only if you used the physical ticket for admission. And if you didn't used the magic band or RFID card for admission, would your FP+ still work?
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #96
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

As I said in another thread, we made our FP+ selections on the *assumption* that we wouldn't be able to pull paper FP. This way, there's nothing to be disappointed in. If the test extends to Movies, we're ready, willing, and able to try it out as it's probably been intended all along.

It's not the end of the world. 10,000 people are dead in the Philippines. 3 FP selections a day is no big deal.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #97
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I arrive Friday I have my FP+ scheduled but since I'm only there 3 days I was hoping for fp- to help me do what I want to get in. I knew it would eventually be going away but an email to advise would have been nice. We shall see how this plays out.
I mentioned this in reply to someone earlier in the thread, but here's what I would do if I were checking into POP in the next few days and wanted to use FP-:

In a nice, calm way, I would tell the person at the desk that it was my understanding that I would be able to use a MB to get FP+ AND that I would get a KTTW card that I could use for FP-.

If they tell me (as I would expect) that they aren't doing that any more, I would say that I think it is unfair that we are getting less in FP opportunities than guests at other resorts who are getting both FP+ and ability to pull FP-.

If they tell me that there is nothing they can do about it, I would ask to talk to a manager and express my concern. If they also don't offer anything, I would let them know that I will be registering a complaint when I get home.

I would not be surprised if, notwithstanding the official policy, they will be willing and able to offer something to guests who are aware of the current state of the test, and that POP guests are getting less than other resort guests. Because the vast majority of guests will be oblivious to what's going on, or will be unwilling to complain, it won't affect the test too much if they accommodate the few customers who do complain by giving them cards that can be used in FP- machines or something else (like a few general FPs to use anywhere during your stay). My attitude about these things is that it can't hurt to ask.

As an example of what they might be willing to do despite what the official policy is, last week we were at POP staying with a CM daughter who cannot get FP+ because her cast member ticket can't be linked to her MB. When I asked, they directed us to the concierge, where they were willing to set up FP+ on our daughter's band for the same attractions and times as my wife and I had. Because the person at the desk would have had to do everything himself, and I wasn't sure we would be needing the FP+ anyway because of the low crowds (we didn't) I told him not to bother. But, I appreciated the fact that they were willing to try to accommodate us.

I'll be interested to hear if anyone has any luck doing this.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #98
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
This can't possibly end poorly.~
Nicely done.

Guess who has a one-night stay at Pop this weekend and no tickets yet, a.k.a. no FP access and no advance FP+ access? Yippee.

Luckily I possess enough knowledge and a will to use it for my own nefarious theme park enjoyment purposes.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)

Last edited by mesaboy2; 11-12-2013 at 04:22 PM.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #99
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarryHat View Post
As I said in another thread, we made our FP+ selections on the *assumption* that we wouldn't be able to pull paper FP. This way, there's nothing to be disappointed in. If the test extends to Movies, we're ready, willing, and able to try it out as it's probably been intended all along.
I have made the same assumption for our trip between Xmas and NY. We have never used FP- that much in the first place, especially at busy times, so I'm happier with the 3 FP+ to use in the evenings. But, I understand that not everyone feels that way about it.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #100
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
I was more regarding the cost of room and tickets..
The FDCC requires that anything/service must be 100% passed through regulated testing and deemed fit for release before accepting finances for said property or services.
This is one little bit of info I DO know about, because my job involves testing of services.

If indeed they only offer you only the RFID option of the card which at this moment is not recognized by the FDCC as final product, ramifications could ensue.
I agree with another poster, I'd contact disney.
Who or what is the FDCC? I don't believe there is any government agency by those initials. And I don't understand what the RFID card has to do with a "final product" in this case. It works to let you in your room, which is the only thing it is REQUIRED to do as far as I know. Everything else is an added benefit. Old Fastpass isn't even a feature of staying at a resort so it could be argued that you aren't paying for it in that way.

If you really want to opt out - buy tickets separately and do not have them placed on the KTTW cards.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #101
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
. But, I understand that not everyone feels that way about it.
Yep, I understand this, too. People are entitled to feel however they like. I just needed a little perspective.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #102
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Nicely done.

Guess who has a one-night stay at Pop this weekend and no tickets yet, a.k.a. no FP access and no advance FP+ access? Yippee.

Luckily I possess enough knowledge and a will to use it for my own nefarious purposes.
Heh...this may save you from the chaos.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #103
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You can opt out of the Magic Bands, but you cannot opt out of MyMagic+. This had to happen at some point. FP- is going away. There is no need to get overworked about it. (Not you matthewhavens...just a general statement directed to no one in particular. )
Hmmm...not overworked, just sad. Yes, I know - I still get to be at WDW, it's a first world problem (FOR SURE!!), I should be grateful (I am), it may not be this way when we actually are there (possible, but I'm guessing it will), just shut up and enjoy it already (I will), you just hate change (perhaps, but not always)...but for THIS moment...I'm just sad. It will certainly not be the same trip it has been in the past. I realize it may be better, it may be worse, but it will not be the same wonderful trip. OK, I'm done whining. Thank-you all for the information. Good or bad - more information is always helpful.
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #104
robpa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Who or what is the FDCC? I don't believe there is any government agency by those initials. And I don't understand what the RFID card has to do with a "final product" in this case. It works to let you in your room, which is the only thing it is REQUIRED to do as far as I know. Everything else is an added benefit. Old Fastpass isn't even a feature of staying at a resort so it could be argued that you aren't paying for it in that way.

If you really want to opt out - buy tickets separately and do not have them placed on the KTTW cards.
Federal Desktop Core Configuration is what comes up when you type in those letter in google. Looks like a computer security patch. So either the poster is just making stuff up or mistyped. Maybe Fcc? Don't see how they would have any involvement.
robpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #105
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post

FDCC is a conjoined body between ANSI, the FCC, and IEC.
The RFID chip is the PRIMARY product being tested. Room keys, tickets FP+ are subsidiaries. Hence why I feel it falls down to the RFID chip.. I could be wrong, but as I said I deal with this daily and I don't see where i am.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: