Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #856
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Why is it assumed that only DISers know how to use the paper FP system the way we do. I have talked to several families that have never visited this board that know all about the paper FPs and how to use them. There isn't only 2 different kind of guest..1. DISers that know ALL the info and 2. the clueless guest that have no idea how things have been in the past. There are many out there that know about the old system, how to use it, never post or visit the DIS boards and will know they are being limited by the new system. DISers may be a small percentage but that doesn't mean there aren't many more like us out there just because they aren't posting here.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #857
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
The amount of complaints they are getting is tiny compared to the amount of people who never previously used FastPass and are now delighted to be getting 3 reservations a day scheduled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
Is there data somewhere that supports this?

For DISBoarders (who presumably have used FastPass previously), the negative responses thus far are not a tiny percentage. Would be interested to see more folks vote on this:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3204359
to get your hands on the "real" data you would likely need to break into a corner office on higher floor of Disney executive offices. The small group of people that really knows isn't going to share. They'll tell the CM's what they want the CM's to take away from the data. I dont think they would lie about it (but they might want to be exactly truthful sharing every bit of info)

we're all just guessing what is really going on.
mikek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #858
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
Why is it assumed that only DISers know how to use the paper FP system the way we do. I have talked to several families that have never visited this board that know all about the paper FPs and how to use them. There isn't only 2 different kind of guest..1. DISers that know ALL the info and 2. the clueless guest that have no idea how things have been in the past. There are many out there that know about the old system, how to use it, never post or visit the DIS boards and will know they are being limited by the new system. DISers may be a small percentage but that doesn't mean there aren't many more like us out there just because they aren't posting here.

I think there are basicaly 3 types of guests.

The VAST middle of the bell curve that basically understand FP- but might not know how to get every last bit out of it. (people that dont know that at times machines aren't connected to each other, people that never tried expired tickets/used kTTW cards/etc, didn't know you could press the button on unlocked machines to get freebies, if you ask nicely you can use your paper FP past the window, etc)

Then there is a small bit at the bottom of the bell curve of the clueless folks that refuse to use FP- becasue they think it's like 6 flags and you need to pay for it.

Then at the top there is a small bit that always knows all the ins and outs of FP- and knows how to maximize it. Every last one of these people isn't a member of the DISBoards. But most DISBoard members fall in this group.

So again- most of us are NOT the vast majority of customers.

Ask those other families if they are away that Dumbo isn't connected to the rest. Ask them if they know that lots of magnetic stripe cards can get FP-. Ask them questions like that and most will now know and you'll be teaching them something.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #859
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

And we move on... Now All Stars...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3205455
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #860
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek View Post
The VAST middle of the bell curve that basically understand FP- but might not know how to get every last bit out of it. (people that dont know that at times machines aren't connected to each other,
I don't think you needed to "know" that certain FPs were disconnected to take advantage of it. FPs clearly print on it when you can get your next FP...for the disconnected FPs, the time is like 5 mins or something from the time you pulled the FP. All someone has to do is read the FP and go "oh, I can get another one now" - they don't need to know the why.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #861
jiminyfan
Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut

My views and experience from our Pop tgiving trip

are at

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3206346

for some reason my options were not allowed to stay on the theme park board.

what ever

April 2014
Son and his school is performed at Downtown Disney and the band lead the Good Friday Parade
Wonderful Time and great shows by the students

August 2014 - First AoA stay looking forward to a new home for our vacation

Fall 2014 - Still in the planning stages, but F&W will be part of it
jiminyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #862
mikek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
I don't think you needed to "know" that certain FPs were disconnected to take advantage of it. FPs clearly print on it when you can get your next FP...for the disconnected FPs, the time is like 5 mins or something from the time you pulled the FP. All someone has to do is read the FP and go "oh, I can get another one now" - they don't need to know the why.
I thought they gave a default of an hour or something.

But even if it says 5 minutes- there's a disadvantage for not knowing. Say you go to Space Mountain before you go to dumbo. The Space FP is going to say none allowed till X time- but can't you just walk over to Dumbo and get one right then and there?

Even assuming my example is poor again. Specifics aside, my point is- there are times when the extra little tid bits we learn from others here give us more knowledge than vast majority have.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: