Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #751
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

It has been well over a week of testing MagicBands and no KTTW card at POP. I am very surprised that more resorts have not been added (especially if they are doing it to lighten the FP- load during peak times with Thanksgiving coming up). I didn't think they would want to isolate and leave only 1 resort. If this keeps up the next week or so with only POP, I may have to try to move my reservation for Dec 14-23 to another resort. I thought for sure all resorts would be like this before Christmas. Well, hopefully they stop the test soon and restart it in the new year and do all resorts at once (probably not going to happen though).
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #752
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
It has been well over a week of testing MagicBands and no KTTW card at POP. I am very surprised that more resorts have not been added (especially if they are doing it to lighten the FP- load during peak times with Thanksgiving coming up). I didn't think they would want to isolate and leave only 1 resort. If this keeps up the next week or so with only POP, I may have to try to move my reservation for Dec 14-23 to another resort. I thought for sure all resorts would be like this before Christmas. Well, hopefully they stop the test soon and restart it in the new year and do all resorts at once (probably not going to happen though).
Wait to see what happens the week after Thanksgiving.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #753
pdg123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hub View Post
And with taking an opinion and making other people believe it is official, I think it may be time to stop sharing certain details.
Who's to say Kenny didn't hear from someone else?
pdg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #754
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Wait to see what happens the week after Thanksgiving.
I think I am going to do that. I just thought that they were rushing to get rid of KTTW cards to guests because of the Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds. Will see what happens the week after. Knowing my luck, I will switch and then the day before I go they will expand to more resorts.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #755
lulugirod
Earning My Ears

Called tonight to attempt to move our 12/12-12/18 reservation out of Pop and was told I would lose my free dining plan if I switched. Frustrated. You just want the trip to be perfect, and now I am disappointed instead of excited. Are old park only tickets still pulling FP-?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #756
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulugirod View Post
Called tonight to attempt to move our 12/12-12/18 reservation out of Pop and was told I would lose my free dining plan if I switched. Frustrated. You just want the trip to be perfect, and now I am disappointed instead of excited. Are old park only tickets still pulling FP-?
If I call and they refuse to switch me (if I end up trying that), I would be pretty angry and be tempted to book a couple room only reservations for one night at another value resort, go to those resorts on my first day and collect 10 KTTW cards (5 people in our party) and use them for the week for FP- if this is still only happening to POP guests by then.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #757
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse View Post
The feedback overwhelmingly was “take paper fp away from offsite guests before you take it from onsite guests.”
So Pop guests would prefer that offsite visitors get nothing? That's sad if true.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #758
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

So, did anyone check in to POP today and get working KTTW cards?
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #759
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
So Pop guests would prefer that offsite visitors get nothing? That's sad if true.
I think it is the thought that they get 3 fastpasses an there is a strong chance offsite guests could get more than that in a day (even with the disconnected machines that they can no longer access for FP-). I just wish there was an easy way to make the old FP- machines only give 3 FP- per day per person. That would put everyone's mind to rest that offsite guests might have the chance to get 5-6 or more FP-.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #760
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not according to a few other threads I've read today.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #761
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
I think it is the thought that they get 3 fastpasses an there is a strong chance offsite guests could get more than that in a day (even with the disconnected machines that they can no longer access for FP-). I just wish there was an easy way to make the old FP- machines only give 3 FP- per day per person. That would put everyone's mind to rest that offsite guests might have the chance to get 5-6 or more FP-.
It sounds like offsite people are lucky to get one FP- for a headliner during busy times. Of course it's different when the parks are quiet but then it's less of a problem for everyone.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #762
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It sounds like offsite people are lucky to get one FP- for a headliner during busy times. Of course it's different when the parks are quiet but then it's less of a problem for everyone.
True. On a slower day, offsite might get 5-6 FP-, a busy day maybe 2. I once heard that 3 attractions at MK are not even connected to FP (Mickey meet and greet, dumbo, barnster). That is at least a guaranteed 3 for those resorts with KTTW cards still that POP guests can no longer get.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #763
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
No the rumor was incorrect, POP is still doing the Wave 2 testing.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #764
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
So Pop guests would prefer that off-site visitors get nothing? That's sad if true.
I can understand their point...If you are paying more to stay on-site then off-site guests, you should not have less opportunities then they are able to get.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #765
myhouseofmouse
Disney Dad

Quote:
Yeah I think TheHub said to look for more resorts after the Thanksgiving Holiday. Who now's which resort(s) will be next, you are probably better off waiting...my money is with the other value resorts starting the test next MO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: