Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #61
Bay Lake
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonped View Post
Even now? Since we're staying at POP in Jan, we could still opt out and get KTTW cards that could conceivably pull more than the 3/day that MBs can?
No, because the KTTW card will be RFD and not magnetic strip activated

76 Contemporary, 80 Offsite, 82 Contemporary, 85 Offsite, 88/89 Grand Floridian,
91 Dolphin, 93 Dixie Landings, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 POLY,
97 Offsite, 99 Coronado Springs, 02 All Star Movies, 03/04 All Star Movies
04 Riverside, 05 Riverside, 08 Riverside, 10 All Star Music Suites, 12 All Star Music Suites, 14 All Star Movies,
14 Riverside
Bay Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #62
PEC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbyparker View Post
Watch the masses flee from Pop.
There will be some people flee, but for the most part the average customer is not on these boards and do not have a clue. Yes if I was there I would probably change just knowing what I know but the average person there does not know and when they see Disney giving them 3 Fps before they arrive they will be ecstatic. The problem will only come from the ones that talk to people that stayed at other resorts. That will not be many so ignorance will stay bliss.

Oh and though I do not have the schedule in front of me I do believe Pop Century was either first or was in the first block of resorts offered FP+.
PEC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #63
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonped View Post
Even now? Since we're staying at POP in Jan, we could still opt out and get KTTW cards that could conceivably pull more than the 3/day that MBs can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
But doesn't it say that even with KTTW cards you won't be able to pull paper FP-s? Thought it said they will not work.
They are referring to the testing card. Opting out of the test would deem you the traditional KTTW card.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #64
bfamily5
Yes, I need another guide book...it's part of the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Just want to state for the record, this is only for people volunteered for testing, you could opt out and used KTTW If you wish not to be a part of MB testing..
How would one opt out of the test? I have a trip planned for end of Feb. and would much rather maximize FP- then use FP+. If I go onto to MDE and customize my MB's and select FP+ times, am I "agreeing" to the test?

POR - Mar 2014.. us and the whole state of LA
CBR - Sept 2012..Just the 2 of us
POR - Sept 2011..Honey, I'm Home!
POR - Nov, 2009..Disney Love at first Sight!
Me: DH, DD(20), DD(17), DS (14)..
bfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #65
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfamily5 View Post
How would one opt out of the test? I have a trip planned for end of Feb. and would much rather maximize FP- then use FP+. If I go onto to MDE and customize my MB's and select FP+ times, am I "agreeing" to the test?
Just do not accept the invitation via email, mail, or at check in and do not sign up for MDE
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #66
diskev
Mouseketeer

Am I the only person interested in knowing the source? This could very well turn into the Oct 27th thread where everybody that wanted to believe the rumor took it as fact and argued with everybody that didn't. Without a source I don't think anybody should take anything in the first post as fact.

On the plus side, I still have several trips worth of recent KTTW, so as long as they don't turn that off I still have the opportunity for "fist fulls"
diskev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskev View Post
Am I the only person interested in knowing the source? This could very well turn into the Oct 27th thread where everybody that wanted to believe the rumor took it as fact and argued with everybody that didn't. Without a source I don't think anybody should take anything in the first post as fact.

On the plus side, I still have several trips worth of recent KTTW, so as long as they don't turn that off I still have the opportunity for "fist fulls"

The source is the CM hub.

notnothin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #68
cewewee
Earning My Ears

Does this mean the other resorts are safe for now? We check in at art of animation on the 15th.
cewewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #69
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

We'll find out in a couple days.

I'm willing to bet there is a 50-50 chance that you can't "opt out" and get a normal KTTW card. It will be the "stripeless" card either way, and POP guests will be locked out of Fastpass, and forced into FP+.

With apologies to Billy Joel:

Say goodbye to Fastpass...
Say goodbye to paper...
Say goodbye to spontaneity.

4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #70
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Will you please post back and let us know? I'm thinking that you are correct that even if you receive a KTTW card, whether in testing or not, it will not pull FP-. It was the next logical step in the MB/FP+ testing.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
BayouMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
We'll find out in a couple days.

I'm willing to bet there is a 50-50 chance that you can't "opt out" and get a normal KTTW card. It will be the "stripeless" card either way, and POP guests will be locked out of Fastpass, and forced into FP+.

With apologies to Billy Joel:

Say goodbye to paper...
Say goodbye to spontaneity.

During any testing Phase when monetary property is involved, they have to give the customer an opt out. It's a legality. A customer has to freely accept participation. Unfortunately by signing up for MDE, you are accepting participation.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #72
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I'm somewhat confused,I have an AP that expires Jan 3rd,I pay it monthly and will renew it before my Dec 13th visit.I'm staying at Pop Century for the marathon January 10th.I go on the website and it shows I can customize the magic bands up until a month before my trip.I have my APs linked to my reservation and magic bands order.I can't make FP+ reservations for my January trip I'm assuming because by then the pass has expired.I'm confused,am I going to get a magic band with my AP info on it that I can use at the parks and at Pop for my stay.Will the magic band only be for entry to my hotel room and I'll get another RFID card for my AP when I renew it.And if the pass will be linked to my AP can I just keep the magic band as my AP even though I'm getting it for my stay?????
  • Yes, you cannot make FP+ selections for your 1/10 trip because your AP expires before that date. Once you renew it you will have access to FP+ selections for the 1/10 trip.
  • Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBands. They simply have a chip that can read your MDEx profile in Disney's database. Anything you have linked there (room reservations, park passes/APs, FP+ selections) will be accessible with the band.
  • If you are staying on property for the 12/13 trip you will get a set of Magic Bands for that stay and another for the 1/10 stay. Both will work the same way as they simply read your profile. You can wear either of them on any given day. Any bands you have will work and will read whatever you have linked to MDEx at the time they are scanned. Tap both to your resort room door when you first enter to set them as keys.
  • You should get a hard-copy AP when you renew. You can use either it or your MB to enter the parks. The AP is simply linked to your Magic Band, it is not stored on it.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #73
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse
Wow, two days notice. Was this emailed/mailed to those staying at POP? Just wondering how it was posted.
I arrive Friday and this is the first I've heard of it.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #74
diskev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
During any testing Phase when monetary property is involved, they have to give the customer an opt out. It's a legality. A customer has to freely accept participation. Unfortunately by signing up for MDE, you are accepting participation.
Not quite true. People had access to MDE well before they were offered the option to test MB or FP+. MDE != FP+ OR MB
diskev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #75
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Evidently we have a CM Hub, which is awesome! They posted it. Josh also posted it on easywdw.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: