Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #46
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

If you look at his/her other posts, they seem to be very informative.

And Josh is reporting that the test for Pop ends on 11/19. Where they go from there is anybody's guess.

Last edited by rebbyparker; 11-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #47
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying Colonel View Post
Even though it seemed pretty clear to most (like you), there have been many responses in the many FP+ threads by people who said they doubted FP- would ever truly go away. IMHO it was wishful thinking at best.
I think the people who have been saying that FP- won't go away have been saying that it will remain in the form of FPs that can be obtained same day through a MB instead of by inserting a card into a machine and receiving a paper ticket.

This development doesn't really tell us any more about that one way or the other. It's just another step in the transition to some unknown end result.
wisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #48
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?
It's been posted on other reliable sites, so there's more than 1 source for this.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #49
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
I think the people who have been saying that FP- won't go away have been saying that it will remain in the form of FPs that can be obtained same day through a MB instead of by inserting a card into a machine and receiving a paper ticket.

This development doesn't really tell us any more about that one way or the other. It's just another step in the transition to some unknown end result.
I saw others insisting there would be some paper media always available, but whatever. I'm pretty sure those people are who lugnut was posting about.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #50
momimouse27
Just a Big Kid!

Hmm. We check in at POP on Friday. I am figuring this all out.

One thing I'm sorting out in my head is regular FP(i'm guessing that's what all of you mean when you say FP-) vs FP+. We have not made any FP+ selections because we will be purchasing military tickets when we get there(we prefer not to drive all the way across Georgia to buy them) so we haven't linked tickets.

What I'm sorting out is this-my husband, who will be in Orlando for a national sales mtg and staying at the Peabody, plans to join us for the weekend days, but since he wont be on property I'm trying to figure out how, if he's with us, he can have a FP at the same time as us. It puts some people at a real disadvantage. Like if you are staying on property and you have family in Orlando who won't be in a room. You won't be getting any FP together.

This could be a mess.
momimouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #51
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?
Ehh- people can question it now but it's going to happen eventually. Disney didn't pour billions into this new system to keep the old one around forever. It's going bye bye- better start the emotional letting go now. Somethings you just have to accept and move on with the show. We've got a POP reservation in February- I'm not crying any tears, we'll live, either way. No use freaking out over things that you can't control. Full fledge My Magic + isn't the end of the world
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #52
andyman8
DIS Veteran

This can't possibly end poorly.~
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #53
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This can't possibly end poorly.

rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #54
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Wow, two days notice. Was this emailed/mailed to those staying at POP? Just wondering how it was posted.
stickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:41 PM   #55
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Just want to state for the record, this is only for people volunteered for testing, you could opt out and used KTTW If you wish not to be a part of MB testing..
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #56
diskev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying Colonel View Post
It's been posted on other reliable sites, so there's more than 1 source for this.
I'm not suggesting this rumor isn't true, but some of those other "reliable" sites were wrong with the Oct 27th date too. Like then, time will tell.
diskev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #57
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
Just want to state for the record, this is only for people volunteered for testing, you could opt out and used KTTW If you wish not to be a part of MB testing..
Even now? Since we're staying at POP in Jan, we could still opt out and get KTTW cards that could conceivably pull more than the 3/day that MBs can?
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #58
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouMickey View Post
But doesn't it say that even with KTTW cards you won't be able to pull paper FP-s? Thought it said they will not work.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #59
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hub View Post
If I am issued a Key to the World card can I still get FASTPASS tickets
when I’m in the park in addition to the FastPass+ selections I make on My
Disney Experience?
No. Because the mag stripes are not active on Key to the World cards issued to
Guests participating in this test., they will not work in FASTPASS machines. By
staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you have the benefit of reserving
access to some of your favorite attractions ahead of time with Disney FastPass+
service.
This is saying those KTTW card won't work in the FP kiosk.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #60
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
But doesn't it say that even with KTTW cards you won't be able to pull paper FP-s? Thought it said they will not work.
Yes, it says the mag stripe will not be activated, which is consistent with the MDE FAQ change earlier this week.

notnothin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: