Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrinabeach View Post
By staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you have the benefit of reserving access to some of your favorite attractions ahead of time with Disney FastPass+ service.

This statement makes me think that off site guests will be able to use the service but just not ahead of time so they would do it when they arrived at the park.
Not completely. Its doesn't say they have an exclusive benefit to pick early.

There also used to be a statement (now made clearer) talking about how On site guests got complimentary transportation. Some took that to mean off site guest were not allowed to use Disney transportation but we all know Off site guests also got the same transportation.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #32
pdg123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJLoves WDW View Post
If this advisory is indeed true, I'm pretty upset by it. Just because I'm staying at Pop, I get limited to 3 FP+ selections per day and they have to be in the same park? While other Disney resort guests can get their 3 FP+ selections AND FP- selections in any park they care to hop to in a single day? And non-Disney resort guests can get more than 3 FP- passes (if they know how to use the system wisely) while I, who is likely paying more money for my room than they are, get none? Is Disney kidding me?
It's not because you're staying at Pop. This is tier plan for all of there resorts, and ultimately removing legacy FP paper tickets entirely. Pop is the first resort to get this test, but certainly won't be the last. I imagine you'll be surveyed on your experience with this development, where you can voice your opinion. In the future id imagine you will be able to use MDE for more than 3 FP+ a day, but still on a tier system of some sort, allowing for hoppers to book at two or more parks if they wanted to. If you, or anyone else gets surveyed for MDE and you want more than 3 FP+ per day, make sure you tell them. See how your vacation goes and give them honest feedback. They will appreciate it and do what they can to improve the next experience.
pdg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Was Pop one of the first resorts that started testing and started rolling out MBs and FP+?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
Was Pop one of the first resorts that started testing and started rolling out MBs and FP+?
I think it was. One of my daughters stayed there in August and she participated in the test.
wisblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

K can someone confirm this!? I can't find any info anywhere except for this thread.
DIS Dad #749
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #36
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnslight View Post
Oh boy. If anyone thinks there have been a lot of complaints about FP+ already, I'm betting they haven't seen anything compared to what's about to happen!

We used Magic Bands and FP+ on our trip in September, and we actually loved them and think FP+ is awesome. But while FP+ is great in addition to legacy FP, it's not ready to be a complete replacement. I was really thinking that they'd fix the "one park per day" thing, as well as increase the number of FP+ per day before taking legacy FP options away. Guess not. Yikes!
What you see as a glitch, Disney sees as a feature.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #37
MooskaMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
I believe so. Sounds like they're coming full circle with round 2 of the testing.

We're pretty nonplussed about all of this but I understand the frustration.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #38
redsbe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdg123 View Post
It's not because you're staying at Pop. This is tier plan for all of there resorts, and ultimately removing legacy FP paper tickets entirely. Pop is the first resort to get this test, but certainly won't be the last. I imagine you'll be surveyed on your experience with this development, where you can voice your opinion. In the future id imagine you will be able to use MDE for more than 3 FP+ a day, but still on a tier system of some sort, allowing for hoppers to book at two or more parks if they wanted to. If you, or anyone else gets surveyed for MDE and you want more than 3 FP+ per day, make sure you tell them. See how your vacation goes and give them honest feedback. They will appreciate it and do what they can to improve the next experience.
But for those going to Pop in November and only having access to 3 FP+ for one park per day, will put them at a big disadvantage to other visitors. I know this is part of the testing and in time all resorts and visitors may have same restrictions, but for those in Pop in November are getting shafted.
redsbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #39
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisblue View Post
Who has been saying that it wasn't going away? The only question has been when.
Even though it seemed pretty clear to most (like you), there have been many responses in the many FP+ threads by people who said they doubted FP- would ever truly go away. IMHO it was wishful thinking at best.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
rebbyparker
DIS Veteran

Well, you could switch it around and say since Pop started the FP+ process, they had extra access in the beginning so everyone else got the shaft?
rebbyparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
Autumnslight
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying Colonel View Post
What you see as a glitch, Disney sees as a feature.
Well, yeah, I know they mean it to be like that, so it's not a glitch. But I definitely consider it a flaw! I wonder if people are actually filling out the feedback surveys after testing MM+...
Autumnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #42
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Oops, sorry for the double post.

Last edited by sharonped; 11-12-2013 at 03:33 PM.
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #43
sharonped
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up OP. We just paid off our upcoming Jan trip. Figures, huh?
sharonped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #44
mavadell
Mouseketeer

Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #45
wisblue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavadell View Post
Why isn't anyone questioning this statement? This person has only been on the Dis since September and has not come back to join the discussion. Maybe it's not true?
It's being reported on easywdw too, and I don't think he would post that if he didn't think it was reliable.
wisblue is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: